It's Writing Month!

Check out our One Stop Writing Shop!
Whether you're taking part in NaNo, or just looking to write more, there's something for everyone.

A New Moderator Appears!
Join us in congratulating our newest recruit!

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Xtraordinary X-Men [IC] <CLOSED>

The realms with a strong focus on technology. These are the realms of Science Fiction/Fantasy, Cyberpunk, Steampunk, and their ilk. Examples: Star Trek, Borderlands, Neuromancer.

Moderator: Forge

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Werebeast

Re: Xtraordinary X-Men [IC] <CLOSED>

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:31 am

Veria:

"BABIES!" she eagerly lifted Steph up and began to nuzzle the cranky twin despite her huffing and puffing until she relented and let the mercenary smother her in hugs "D'awwwwwwww lookitthiscutefaceremindsmeofsydbutsomuchsquishier....." with a look of pleasure he seemed to ignore everyone even as the familiar face, or rather what would be a familiar face if he didn't look exceptionally younger, lighter, and more human. Cap walked into the fray and looked down at the small armadillo child, lifted her up, and placed her several inches to the right before acknowledging her.

"Hello small armadillo child! I see that you've happened upon my cat as well as my friends and their children" He noticed Skully was bonking at Carolina for attention and nodded appreciatively "Hello Nick, I see you have children, mine are far cuter and put yours to shame. Never the less yours are quite adorable"

"Hello Lindsay and Veria! Why have you abducted a small indian child from Somalia? It's fun when I take a child off the street and raise her as my own but you two are just copycatting me. Nick and Syd copy catted my twins preemptively so that I would look the part of the copier" it was clear he was having a good time using the word copycat.
Credit to Sammy and Nicodemus; one created my set for me, the other drew the source image as a request.
Thank You Both!

Shakey Jake
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Nobility

Post by Shakey Jake » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:33 am

[Sydney]
Syd was somewhat taken aback by a small armadillo child fangirling over her, it was always weird when someone knew about her or thought she was in some way famous. She just saw herself as a loudmouth activist. The fact that Lindsay and Veria were looking after a child she'd never heard of hardly raised any questions for Sydney. The fact remained that the mutant community, especially those with physical mutations, was filled with lost strays. If they were normal people and Carolina was a normal child then perhaps it would raise eyebrows but all you had to do was to look at the girl and you'd quickly know that life had probably been very cruel to her and that she probably had nobody in the whole world. That's just how it tended to go.

"Well Carolina..." Sydney began after Lindsay had quickly explained who the girl was, she knelt down and leaned in close in a faux conspiratory way "Who do you think makes sure Lapland stays snowy? Who do you think makes sure the flying reindeer don't hit bad weather?...." she pointed at herself then put her finger to her lips "Don't tell anyone. As for the Dirt Fairy I can't say I know her...but I do know the tooth fairy quite well. You meet all sorts of people when you go flying up in the clouds."

khfan429
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Necromancer

Post by khfan429 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:35 pm

The Helix

"Wowwwwwwwwwww... that is so cool!" Carolina whispered to Sydney, gathering Skully up in her arms and bouncing up and down excitedly. "Don't worry, Miss Strode, I won't tell no one!"

When Capillos addressed her as "small armadillo child", she frowned at him, holding Skully closer. "My name's Carolina." she told him. "You're lucky you have an awesome kitty or I would tell you what for, Mister."

"Don't worry, he's not off the hook yet." Nick said, frowning (though much less seriously) at Capillos as well. "Nobody talks smack about my girls and gets away with it, old-timer. Also, what the heck happened to you?"

"Hey, there was zero abduction involved." Lindsay said, huffing indignantly even as she continued to hold Nessa. "She followed us."

"I followed Miss Veria." Carolina retorted, sticking her tongue out at Lindsay only to turn her attention back to Sydney. "You're even more awesome in person Miss Strode, my Mum and Dad used to talk about you..." Pausing, she suddenly looked down at the floor, huggling Skully for comfort. "All the time." she finished quietly.

Lindsay frowned, uncertain of what to say or do. For lack of a better option, she handed Nessa back to Nick, before crouching down and placing her hand on the girl's shoulder in what she hoped was a comforting manner.

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:10 pm

"I understand how you feel, I used to also be a Morlock much like you, except I was a bird so I was thus much superior, no dirt for me" patting the young one's head he materialized a jar of dirt "By the way, this is from your Uncle, it's clay sampling form the Citadel" after handing it over he also cleared his throat and did his best to give the rougher, grave tone of Brauk "Give this dirt to Carolina, and let her know I had to stay behind and do really cool uncle stuff like punch terrorists, crumble an evil lair, and have some cake.....also give her some cake, my girl needs some cake" he cleared his throat again and shrugged "I don't have any cake, instead here's an orange" with a flick of his wrist he produced an orange and tossed it at Lindsay. "Peel it for her, children love fruit"

"As for you Nick!" he removed Nessa from his arms and began making funny faces at the small one as she giggled and kicked her feet excitedly at the kooky old man "I was transformed, got really hurt in somolia, got flown here, did stuff at the center, went back to see my children born, and had some implant regenerate my tissues. Then helped Syd with her anger" He bugged out his eyes as Nessa as she laughed and kicked Cappy in the nose in joy "I have now stolen your baby from you because I already miss mine, including the 18 year old one currently back at the hospital with a busted robo arm"
Credit to Sammy and Nicodemus; one created my set for me, the other drew the source image as a request.
Thank You Both!

Shakey Jake
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Shakey Jake » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:17 pm

[Sydney]
Sydney could not remember the last time she had drank hot coffee, or even warm coffee. Lifting the mug to her mouth she was resigned to the fact that it was ice cold. The twins did not allow hot drinks. Sipping at the mug that read 'Super Mum' Syd scowled at the TV. There was a video of her causing a serious stir on the news.

A grainy juddering image of Sydney trying to get into her mini juggling shopping bags surrounded by a small mob of people holding shoddily made signs.
MUTANTS ARE THE DEVILS CHILDREN

MUTANTS ARE GODLESS

THE LORD DID NOT MAKE YOU
The protesters were not the kind that Sydney really worried about. No real threat, clearly terrified of her. As she got into the car one of them got in the way of the door.

"JESUS DOESN'T LOVE YOUR KIND, MONSTER!" he seemed to utterly detest the sight of her, which was irritating in the extreme.

"What are you talking about? Jesus is the most famous mutant that ever lived. I mean look at his skill set. Jesus was a mutant. You worship a mutant." Lifting her foot she kicked at his thigh to knock him out of the way and slammed the door.

"You called Jesus a mutant." Rayne had arrived and perched herself on the arm of the couch "You know how American's feel about their Gods, and you go and claim Jesus as your own."

"I know. I know." Syd shrugged, her mouth was not something easily controlled "But think about it. It's the most plausible explanation for him. In fact all these gods and magic people in history can be explained by the x-gene, these people should be going down that road to make it all the credible. Oh look how they love to be outraged. And here comes the bitch."

Mary Shaw gently, slowly, purposely folded her hands into her lap "I find it disgusting. This woman is a menace to society. I'd like to know who she is? I mean her influence within certain communities is a real worry. She could incite violence, incite a street war with a simple word. And who is she? Who? I'll tell you. She's a thug from London, a little bully who was given too much power by a genetic mistake. The same goes for her group of followers. Many of them a known monsters, brutes and killers. And these people are bringing up children. If I had my way I'd send the authorities into that tower of theirs and take those poor children away. They will be brought up in bloody, violent, godless lives. In fact my office and I shall be sending materials to child protection services this afternoon to ensure that Ms Strode and her gang are capable of caring for children...."

Rayne turned the TV off seeing that Mary had landed the most critical threat of all. The X-men could fight violent mob, but they could not fight the system. The law. Thus far they had avoided any real run in with the authorities, protected by SHIELD or powerful team mates like Charles.

"This woman hates us." Syd looked over at Nessa and Steph who were sat inside a big blow up doughnut making alot of noise "Yeah, they look in danger don't they. Janet is making that documentary, that'll show the truth."

"Janet's epiphany could turn out to be a PR dream for us. Keeping up the with X-men." The moment the words left her mouth Rayne looked away from Sydney.

"I heard it. You watch Keeping up with the Kardashian's...shame on you."

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:51 pm

There was a fragrance of powerful coffee wafting through as a well built older man stepped along and patted the two infants, Nessa on her head to which she replied with bubbly grabbing at, and the back of Steph who huffed in frustration. A sip of coffee later and the older gentleman was on Sydney's left looking in a daze as he always did, in his free hand he was clutching a book that looked to be blank until you looked further inside and realized that it was a braille book. One could argue that a person with sight could certainly know how to read braille but the fact was that the person holding the book did not read it conventionally and simply just looked at the indecipherable little bumps that were nearly invisible on the page.

"This book is highly intriguing" came a noise that was rich in african descent, a very unamerican sort of speech pattern "Especially the three bump, bump no bump, bump bump bump bump, and then the bump following that bump; quite a read" more coffee, lots of coffee, always more coffee. anyone else who would say such things would be thought to simply be saying words to sound smart or unique. This man however was actually and honestly extremely intelligent and one of a kind and didn't need to prove it because everyone already knew how he was.

In reality he was being quite sincere about sharing his book time with two of his favorite people, because other members of his impromtu family had stolen his newborn twins because the X-Men had a serious addiction to babies and thus he could not keep them if he tried- which he didn't because he was him and knew the X-Men were lovely family. He downed what was left in his mug and thought about procuring more as he stared blankly at a wall and then suddenly it seemed like he remembered there where two other people here and addressed them.

"Bananas are a wonderful fruit you know? They're exotic and very much constantly endangered due tot he fact they're clones- which leaves them susceptible to a type of fungus that can rapidly wipe out an entire genus. Highly packed with potassium, a very needed mineral that helps prevent your muscles from seizing up." he hefted the book "I read it here, it's got lots of good knowledge hidden in those bumps you know" he set the mug down in some far off table by floating it off with his aerokinetic capabilities. Where Sydney was the big and loud user of the atmosphere; this one was more about refined control because when he made big things, he could be just as deadly as Sydney and had had to learn over his many more years hold to condense that power.

Standing before the two women was the Savior of Somalia, Cappy Porter, or as they lovingly knew him still as Capillos or Cap or just Old Man. Probably one of the biggest contributors tot he bad name that the X-Men had to deal with; the fact he was formerly a high profile terrorist and gang leader and has ties to many illegal organizations around the world, is a destructive mutant that's caused billions in property damage, and also somehow seems to have an endless pool of disposable cash pisses everybody off he comes into contact with. On the flip side he loves babies, being old, and being a lovable eccentric loser that for some reason his friends choose to keep him around.

He had no real commentary on the new debacle with Mary Shaw, nobody was coming into his home unannounced as they pleased, he didn't obey laws before and he wasn't about to now. "No shaming other people's TV watching habits, that's bad policy, instead we should point and laugh at them for their embarrassment"

Cappy Porter, always the voice of sound logic and reasoning.
Thank You Both!

Shakey Jake
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Shakey Jake » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:22 am

[The Helix]
Sydney considered Capillos for a long moment, she felt as though she was watching herself from out of body. The Helix, the powers, the activities of the X-men. It all went whizzing past her like a kaleidoscope of insanity. Glancing over to the babies then back at Capillos she suddenly burst out laughing.

"Mary Shawshank whatever is absolutely right. These kids are fucked if we're their role models. I mean...look at his book..." she pointed at the text Cap was holding"He's a loon. We have an armed man living in the basement sweating vodka, we have a robot woman obsessed with blowing things up."

"I'll correct you there. I only ever want to blow up things that need blowing up. I do not control how frequently things need to get blown up." Rayne was aware that wanting to use explosives whenever possible was off putting to people "Besides lets list your crimes. One, you drag Janet James out of her car and beat her, two, you attempted to drag a teenager out of the Support Centre to beat her. Three, you gave me an electric shock whilst you did that. Four, you caused an ice age. Five, numerous tussles with protesters and six, you are a complete illegal immigrant."

"I'd like the ice age struck off the record your honour, I was under the influence of cosmic whiskey." It was true Sydney was among the worst offenders of the X-men when it came to bad behaviour.

"Denied." With one swift motion Rayne sprang to her feet "I have a meeting. Goodbye."

Sydney watched as Rayne walked away, she had no idea where she could be heading off to. Though she wanted to know Rayne had a quick step and catching up with her would require moving.

"I just got comfy so let's speculate wildly about where she's going." resting her chin on her hand she twisted to look at Capillos "I bet she's going to buy bombs and spy gadgets. Oh...maybe she has a date. With a bomb spy gadget salesman. That's gotta be it...Oh maybe she..."

[Rayne]
"Sorry I'm late." Rayne stepped forward and shook the Detective's hand. He was a rather good looking man, time was chipping away at his face but it still clung onto its boyish charm.

"You aren't late." he replied frowning slightly at how hard Rayne's handshake was. He found the woman rather unnerving, mainly because he knew she could kill him seventeen different ways before he even blinked.

"I know but you are and I thought I'd make the apology for you so it wouldn't be uncomfortable for you when I pointed out you were late. " Rayne gave him a curt nod "Now why did you want to see me?"

"I uh..." Clint Jameson, Detective, had worked with many oddballs over the years but Rayne was up there with the absolute oddest "...sorry I'm late. Anyway, your last liaison in the precinct, Detective Hart is missing. Presumed dead. He was investigating organised crime in Hell's Kitchen, specifically the club Alias. No contact for over a week. Though his family say he's been missing alot longer. " Clint had always had a talent for reading people, what they didn't say more often than not said more than what they did. But with Rayne it was different, he found her to be almost entirely devoid of body language. As if her body was a mere external drive providing only the most basic of functions "The name Mannequin keeps popping up. I was wondering if it meant anything to you?"

"Sorry for..." The words rolled around in Rayne's head for a long moment before she allowed them freedom "...your loss. As for the Mannequin. She, or it as is to be more accurate is a mutant with the ability to appear as anyone. I don't mean dress up I mean trick a DNA test kind of appear. From what I know she is at least one hundred years old and was born in Europe. Most likely Britain. There are vague records of her or someone very much like her being in an asylum in England in the late eighteen hundreds. Skill set, you're looking at a highly trained killer. Hand to hand, firearms, blades. She's had over a century to perfect murder." Rayne never forgot the details of an enemy, never.

"Right, so mutant. What's her play? World domination? Mutant supremacy?" In his experience mutant players tended to have some kind of grand scheme, as if they were above petty crime, it was always for a cause of some kind.

"No play. The Mannequin is bad. You could clean her out and make her a saint but she'd still find a way back into the dirt. She's just bad. She's a career criminal. Straight up thug. She likes guns and she likes money. You won't find her crusading against human kind." The look that draped itself over the detective's face made Rayne shake her head "No you can not engage. She would rip your arms off before you landed one hit. She's strong, not throw a truck in the air strong but about as strong as three powerful men combined. Also fast. Also able to sprout extra limbs and conceal weapons inside her body. Fast healer too and she'd probably make herself look like your mother."

"Right, do not fight the Mannequin. Check." Clint knew enough about Rayne to know that she wouldn't lead him wrong. If she said not to engage someone then she meant it. "What about this man with her...uh...Raven?"

"Oh you can shoot him right in the face and tell him I sent you."

[The Helix]

"....I bet she's joining a new X-men group. A place where they don't sit on their arses drinking coffee all day." Sydney pouted at Capillos, she lifted her coffee cup and tapped it against his "Well good riddance, we deserve a bloody break. I've earned this whole sitting around phase. I'm gonna get big and fat and talk about the old days when the wind currents didn't struggle to lift me."

Nessa continued to make a shocking amount of noise in the blow up play doughnut while Stephanie looked at her as if she were insane.

"Hmmm...nah I can't get fat just yet. I gotta look sexy as shit..." Sydney put her hand to her mouth at the loud use of the bad word, she glanced at the twins then mouthed the word to Capillos instead "...in a wedding dress. I'll let myself go once I'm entitled to half of everything, You know what I'm saying girls." The twins paid attention to their mother at all " I get restless if I'm not out there causing trouble....nobody is listening..."

When Rayne entered she froze when she saw the way Capillos and Sydney were looking at her. Utterly thrilled to see her.
"You two haven't moved at all have you? You both need a project. Badly. I'm going to clean my guns."

"We're wedding planning Rayne. Capillos is my GBF. Raaaayne...." Syd shook her head "...I really wanted her to bring another pot of coffee. This...what is it you American's say...sucks ass!"

Kindredtown
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Warrior

Post by Kindredtown » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:20 am

Charles

Things had been relatively quiet. And when things were quiet that only meant that something terrible was coming their way soon. That or the X-Men would be the ones causing the terrible thing to happen. The likely candidates of that happening were Charles himself, Sydney, and good old Capillos. Though the latter was new and reformed so it really just pointed the fingers at Charles and Sydney. He had no intentions of causing any problems but things just seem to happen to him. He still wasn't even sure what his brother had planned. He still hadn't made a move since revealing those fake exoskeletons that simulated his own power.

Charles shook these thoughts from his head while he watched the news and played with little Alex in their room. There was no sense worrying about any of it. The X-Men would just do what they do and save people and the world. Even if they were sometimes the cause of the problems. Though you wouldn't be able to tell that they were doing any good if you watched the news. They were always painting them in a negative light. Yeah, they weren't the best of heroes, but they did a pretty good job. All you'd really see is "X-Men attack the public. Mutants are dangerous." without even looking at the other side where anti-mutant protesters and terrorists attacked them first and they were just acting in self-defense or the defense of others.

This time the news showed a clip of Sydney being engaged by the aforementioned protesters. Charles pointed Alex towards the TV. "Look, it's your auntie, Syd. She... she actually has a point once you think about it. But such a weird powerset. Some form of reality manipulation? Maybe. Could have encountered other mutants and had my power. I don't know."

Then came the worst of the news broadcast. Mary Shaw started with the typical attack on Sydney and then transitioned to talking about the rest of the members without actually mentioning their names. But that didn't matter to him. What did matter was that she was threatening to take away their kids. Anger slowly started to creep into Charles and Alex could sense it. He touched his father's face and brought him back. "Thanks buddy. Don't worry. We're not going to let anyone take you and your cousins away from us." Alex's smile was more than reassuring that everything was going to be okay. They'd overcome anything. They've done it so far and they'll keep doing it.

"But that's enough news for today. Let's see what everyone else is up to."
Sometimes the lines get blurred. Sometimes the only thing between you and them is the mask and cape.

Thanks to the Kiry for this Epic Set

khfan429
Traveller
Traveller

Post by khfan429 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:24 pm

Nick

"I'm sorry, entitled to half of what, exactly?" Nick asked with a raised eyebrow, sitting down with a fresh pot of coffee and pouring Sydney another cup before setting the pot down on the table. "Hate to break it to you, lady, but you're the one with all the stuff." Winking, he waved at Nessa and Stephanie. "Yeah, that's right isn't it, ladies? All your mum gets out of me if we break things off are a skunk and some video games, daddy's no fool."

Nessa gave a shriek of hilarity and continued her antics, while Steph simply sat there and grumbled. "You are going to be a delightful teenager, Stephanie Charlotte." Nick laughed, moving over and kissing his daughter on the top of her head. A slight chuckle escaped the younger of the two girls, though it quickly turned into a grimace as Nick kissed Nessa on the head as well, prompting another raucous round of laughter from her older sister. "Never grow up girls. Never change." Nick said, still laughing.

Elsewhere in the Helix

"Oof... at this rate we might have to see about joint custody of that taskforce." Gigawatt mused, poring over reports with a look of exasperation.

"Y'know, for someone who's supposed to be this team's field support you've been spending an awful lot of time not with the team." Lindsay mused from the doorway.

"When there's another mission that requires my assistance or another form of SHIELD intervention I'll be all over it." Gigawatt replied, not looking up from his reports. "But I'm not here to socialize, and truth be told I've got a lot more on my plate than just the X-Men right now."

"... Anything too serious?" Lindsay asked with a concerned frown. Gigawatt seemed to struggle with something internally for a moment, then sighed and spun around to face her.

"You know how this business works. Sometimes the thing we need to protect people from the most is themselves." he remarked. "We kept a lot of things secret over the years, hoping to get a handle on them before anyone else ever found out they existed. But the lid keeps getting blown off one bottle after another. Mutants, aliens, extra-dimensional creatures... and now we're getting a whole slew of things that just defy explanation. Listen to this... we sent a team to investigate the sudden appearance of a city in the Himalayas? The city's gone, and so's the team. We've got reports of what sounds like honest-to-god vampire attacks in San Antonio..."

"I'm sorry, did you say vampires?" Lindsay asked, her tone one of clear disbelief.

"Oh wait hold on, this one's my honest-to-god favorite." Gigawatt continued. "Tokyo is experiencing a nightly campaign of vigilante justice from... you ready for this? You ain't ready for this... a skeleton, who is mowing down criminals with yakuza ties in a souped-up, flaming, and by all accounts invincible street racing car. We have f***ing eyewitnesses on that one, too. And the average person is flitting around concerned about mutants... ha. We helped put together a team to protect the world from alien threats, and out of six powered individuals two of them were mutants."

Lindsay's frown deepened as she folded her arms. "But S.H.I.E.L.D. still has a handle on all this, right?" she questioned.

"If by a handle you mean 'we've kept it from getting out', yeah." Gig replied. "But you know how it is, for every Apocalypse or Phantasm or HYDRA attack there's fifty different isolated incidents, information technology has reached a point where everything we've tried to conceal is in danger of being aired out, and the WSC is still breathing down our damn necks about it while doing everything they can to waste our time and resources. Y'know they've been talking about making another group specifically to handle powered incidents? Heard the name 'H.A.M.M.E.R.' rumbling about from a few sources..."

"Of course." Lindsay muttered, rolling her eyes. "Y'know, maybe you could try outsourcing more? The X-Men-"

"Worked way better than a team of superpowered vigilantes had any right to, but making it work on a larger scale would take some serious overhaul."

"Hmmmmmm..." Closing her eyes in thought, Lindsay shrugged after a few moments. "Guess it might be time to get back to work on that side project."

"Side project?" Gig asked, only for Lindsay to stick her tongue out.

"Classified X-Men stuff I'm afraid. Anyways, Veria and I're taking Carolina out for dinner tonight, I should go get ready for that. Try not to work too hard, Gig."

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:46 pm

Cap looked at Sydney and simply responded "Bitch, do I look American to you?" he accentuated his african speaking voice to full power to prove his point "I'm an illegal immigrant and a terrorist that's meant to be in prison, I'm far form american- also Nick, your fiance is crazy- getting fat is for my wife not her, tell her to stop copying my awesomely psychotic Alyssa or I'm telling Ness and Steph their parents like to read instruction manuals for exercise equipment in spanish as a date idea" in truth is was the old man who rather enjoyed the odd kinds of reading.

"I'm old, therefore what I say doesn't matter anyways; I'm also a father of three people and I cannot find a single one of them- it is infuriating to quite a large degree....Everything has become quite grayscale it would appear, as if the enthusiasm of our lives were being slowly wittled off, and we are living on borrowed times until everything trickles away waiting for our kids to overtake us. Which reminds me I'm going to be submitting an idea for a global warming reversa engine powered by my genetic makeup and Sydney's to repair all of the earth's atmosphere and undo carbon emissions forever- I've alread met with some people about it and used my understanding of mutant genetics to build a functional prototype with them" Cap was, while not insane anymore, just completely unlike anything anyone knew or could truly know
Thank You Both!

Shakey Jake
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Shakey Jake » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:20 pm

[The Helix- Raining Diamonds]
"You did not just call me bitch, bitch." Sydney feigned offence at Capillos' words "I could go all Save the planet Syd but..." she picked up the coffee Nick had just given her and took a sip, she gave him a nod to indicate that it was good "I just can't be arsed. I'd rather hang around here with my babies, boys and bitches. I think we've all had enough trouble for a...forever...."

BOOM

"...had to say it didn't I..." The sound came from directly outside The Helix, it did not sound like an explosion but something very hard hitting the ground. Sydney stood and walked over to the window "Get the babies outta here. It's dinner time boys."

Diamondwing was crumpled on the ground in front of the modern skyscraper. Her diamond armour beginning to fail, it seemed to be pouring off her by the second until the skin beneath was visible.

"You did well little sparrow, you chased us all the way to New York city. Only to find out you aren't diamond at all...just glass. TEAR HER UP!" Maximus Shaw was flanked by five men. All shirtless and covered in a strange swirling ink like substance. Their eyes were black, there was something strange about how they moved as if there were strings holding them up. Maximus himself was in a suit, eyes as black as his comrades where his hand had once been was something in the shape of a hand but made up of the same swirling substance that moved across the others bodies.

A lightning bolt briefly filled the space between Maximus, his henchmen and Diamondwing.

"I don't think so." Sydney stepped over Diamondwing, she placed her hands on her hips, they'd have to go through her first.

"Ooooh nooo...it's Sydney Strode I'm so afraid." Maximus laughed, his voice was typical of too much education and not enough living "...I know your powers girl. You alone can not stop us."

"Ms Shaw...you know I'm never alone." Sydney knew the others would be behind her "Now, are you gonna get off our lawn or are we gonna have to remove you?"

"This is wonderful. It will be excellent!" Maximus seemed thrilled, excited, he could barely contain his smile "The Diamond bitch is just a hobby of mine. But you people...you people stole my building. What could I do? Your powers cannot be denied. You are all exquisite, truly. I'm confident now that I can stand against you..." The mystical hand of black shimmering energy pointed a finger at a near by car, a string of black shot from it and surrounded the vehicle . Sydney couldn't quite make out what the black stuff was. It moved like smoke but moved along the car like sentient liquid. It didn't matter, what mattered was that the car melted into the black in seconds "...I've been upgrading."

"You melted my mini...MY FUCKING MINI!"

"Calm down. I don't want to fight just yet...perhaps we can talk terms? I'd like my estate back." Maximus looked between the X-men and smiled "You will all leave this place."

Kindredtown
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Warrior

Post by Kindredtown » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:51 am

Charles

Charles heard the large boom and looked at Alex. "Looks like there's trouble. I'd take you but you're a bit too young for hero work, aren't you?"

"No." Alex said while shaking his head and watched as his father laughed. He couldn't understand why though because his young mind didn't believe he was too young for it.

Charles stopped laughing and formed a clone that he'd send instead. It still amazed Alex every time his dad produced a copy of himself. At first it confused him but now it interested him almost as much as a tablet did but not nearly as much as Kirsten's suit. The clone disappeared right before their very eyes.

It reappeared outside next to Sydney as Maximus was saying that he wanted his estate back. "I don't think we're leaving this place. We like it here. Plus packing up and moving is such a hassle, y'know?"
Sometimes the lines get blurred. Sometimes the only thing between you and them is the mask and cape.

Thanks to the Kiry for this Epic Set

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:51 am

"I'll say this once and only once Shaw, get you and your entourage out of here and we will be billing you for the mini cooper you just annihilated" This one was not an X-Man, rather it was Capillos eloped wife, Alyssa. A somewhat plump ex-marine woman and the daughter of Chuckie and Kathy, also the legal force behind the X-Men's outreach programs and just a general source of legal insight as an experience mutant-centric lawyer. Normally she worked out of the support center form her in built office with Mabel.

"The Helix was inherited to the X-Men, you have no legal right to make a complaint this far into their ownership- you should have tried it when the will was first issued. I don't care what my clients do, nothing that forfeits their right to own property I know that much. Even if you could make that case Charles Roberts is a natural born citizen at the very least with no official criminal records"

Mars, at this point, showed up in a paint splattered T-shirt and ripped up jeans, he had been helping Myrtira paint her new apartment "Please leave, you're invading my boss's personal property and making demands- I'd call that a few counts of assault, vandalism to what you just did to Sydney's car, probably a few counts of trespassing and of course unlawful ownership of experimental weaponry outside of the consent of a governing body"

"Yeah!" Cap shouted as he hovered overhead, upside down, not really intimidated "The day you think you can handle us is the day I eat my hat" he then proceeded to ngaw as a mangled yankees ball cap but quite "See? Can't be done! Therefore your logic is flawed! Checkmate I win!"
Thank You Both!

Shakey Jake
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Shakey Jake » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:25 am

[The Helix]
"Cute. Very cute." Maximus seethed at Charles, while Maximus seemed utterly composed and in control of himself there was a slight slur to his voice as if he were high or drunk. Whatever device or artefact he was using to power himself was clearly having an impact on his mind "It makes sense that you have to hide away in my tower with my money since you single handedly ruined your families name by being a terrorist."

When Alyssa spoke up Maximus bust out laughing "Oh my god...you are not using the law right now are you? You retarded bitch. These people are vigilantes who have murdered numerous people with absolutely no right to do so. As for the inheritance well...that could have been mind control couldn't it? What depths wouldn't you people go to hmm? Let's look at it realistically here. The black guy is a known killer, Charles is a known killer, Sydney is a known killer, Glen is a known killer, Rayne is a known killer. Influencing a dying old man to give you his fortune doesn't seem like a stretch for you people. So, no. I won't be letting this go."

"Buuut..." Maximus smiled "...I'm prepared to be reasonable about it. I'd let you all have two million each. You don't need a skyscraper. You can agree to go or I'll just drive you out. I'm not talking about a big battle where you cause millions of dollars of damage, again, oh no. I'm talking about a slow and steady infection of your lives." he lifted the black swirling hand and stared at it "Since you all only talk one language, violence, I've realised that I'll have to stoop to your level. My power allows me to control those with a lets say...lesser will...I will sent wave, after wave, after wave of innocent people at you. I'll give you all a few days to think about what you want to do. I already know what you'll do but I'll give you a chance to do the right thing. One chance."

Sydney watched as Maximus and his gang walked away from The Helix "He seems nice." she rolled her eyes and knelt down, she attempted to lift the unconcious DiamondWing up off the ground but still having a light covering of diamond armour around her she was too heavy "Ah...oh...christ."

Rayne frowned at Sydney and pushed her aside. She knelt down and slid both arms under DiamondWing with a grunt she tried to lift her. There was no movement "I...uh...I wasn't ready..." she tried again, and again. Clearing her throat Rayne stepped back "We'll require a person with super strength to move her."

"Ha. Fail." Sydney poked Rayne in the arm. She walked over to where her mini had once been "I can't believe it's gone. We've been together for so long. If that car could talk my god the stories it could tell. It's possible that the twins were made in it. Poor Ms Mini."

"I dislike the weapon that the Shaw boy is using. It made my arms itch." Rayne ran a palm over her left forearm "It charged the air a little. Maybe the Diamond one will have info. Let's rattle her until she wakes up."

Vi had been running diagnostic scans on Diamondwing for around an hour, Rayne was pacing back and forth "Vi, come on."

"The patient appears to be in some form of stasis. Not a coma. It is not natural. I believe that she is healing. Rattling her will not help."

[Shaw Family Town House, New York City.]
"No. We do this by using the system against them. I don't want..." Mary Shaw moved closer to her son and immediately froze. A look of horror on her face "What...what have you done to yourself?"

Maximus waved the mystical hand at her and grinned "I've been upgrading myself mommy, do you like it? It's magic."

"Magic! This is...foul! The lord have mercy on you. It is the devils work. You'll be damned!" Mary was a god fearing woman who believed absolutely in hell and damnation.

"Foul. Devil. Damned...not the first time you've said that to me." His tongue moved over his dry lips "Remember? When you caught us hmm?"

"No. No." Mrs Shaw shook her head and tried to walk away from her son.

"Fucking the gardener HA! I remember your face! What was worse for you. Me taking a dick up my ass or that dick being Mexican hmm?" Maximus laughed and circled his mother. He could feel his hatred for her spreading through his body. He had never had the balls to voice it before but now things were different.

"I won't listen to this. God have mercy, God have mercy." Mary pushed open the glass doors that led out onto their balcony terrace, she looked out at the city wondering how her baby could ever escape hell, but mainly wondering if her chances of damnation were increased by merely being around him. She thought the faggot thing had been dealt with, now this "I want you out of here. You will leave the city and you will stop all of this magic nonsense. I'll find a place for you. To help you...with..."

"Nope. I'm a cocksucking dark arts son of a gun. I think maybe you need to rethink your stance. Things are different now. We need to evolve. These mutants aren't going anywhere. We..." Maximus nodded "...I said the E word. Oh no."

"If this doesn't stop I'll cut you out. If you want to be a Shaw you'll act like one. Imagine if they knew you were a..." Mary couldn't say it out loud, she tried to walk around Maximus but he stepped in her way. He asked her what, she tried to side step, he asked her what, she tried and tried and he asked and asked, he screamed for her to say what "A FAG!"

It was surprisingly easy, Maximus thought as he peered over the balcony at the small mound on the ground beneath. One little push and she had gone straight over the side. He hoped it hurt, at least for a second or two. He hoped that for at least a second she was in absolute agony. Mary Shaw was splattered on the sidewalk. Maximus thought it exactly where she belonged.

[Alias, Hells Kitchen]
Maximus Shaw watched as his sister entered the club. She never paid any attention to anything other than herself so he doubted she'd have heard the news yet.
"Thanks for meeting me."
"Is this about Mom being dead?" Elizabeth sounded bored as she tippy tapped on her iPhone "Fell off balcony."
"Actually I pushed the cunt." his sisters fingers stopped tapping and she looked up slowly "She called me a Faggot and I threw her over the side."
"Hmmm..." Elizabeth climbed up on a stool next to him and ordered herself a gin and tonic "...the police?"
"Her medical records show she's been light headed and fainting recently. They're saying she must have fainted and toppled over." Maximus knew the police wouldn't point a finger at him unless he'd been caught standing over her with a knife.
Elizabeth shrugged" Then that's what happened. I wish I could care. That woman.... " finishing her drink Elizabeth stood"... I only wish I could have seen her face when she went over. You just make sure the police keep thinking what they're thinking now. I have a massage booked. I'll see you. "
Maximus wondered how they had turned into such freaks. How could two well bred highly educated New Yorkers be this way? Mary Shaw was dead, killed by her son and her daughter couldn't care less.
" Matricide... Pretty cool. "
Last edited by Shakey Jake on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

khfan429
Traveller
Traveller

Post by khfan429 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:53 am

The Helix

"Yeah, I know the odds are slim but I still want people here trying to find any trace of the stuff Shaw was using." Gigawatt said, having been on comms for the bulk of the time since Shaw left. "And make sure to cross-ref it with our data on Project Anodyne, I wanna be absolutely sure no one's diggin' around in that minefield again. Where do we stand on contacting SWORD about point six?" Today was turning into a logistical nightmare, an Avenger turning up on the X-Men's doorstep having been beaten up by some weird melty-ink man was not a situation they had response protocols for yet. "Well keep at it then. Hold on, got another line goin'. Records? Yeah, send me whatever you got on point six, Helix systems think she's in some healing stasis, maybe there's some precedent and estimated recovery time. Chop chop, we are on the clock."

Signing off, he glanced at the assembled X-Men. "Well, we got people looking for Shaw, but he's rich and apparently powered now, so odds are he's gonna give us a chase." he remarked. "I've only got so much information to go off of, but I can at least confirm that the diamond lady's a friendly beyond just 'also on the Shaws' bad side'. Can't determine much more unless she wakes up or we get more concrete information on what ol' Minnimus Maximus did to himself though. Or until records gets back to me."

Shakey Jake
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Shakey Jake » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:41 am

[The Helix]
"How long does it take for a diamond woman to regenerate?" Rayne had been pacing around the facility for the last several hours. She was impatient to hear what Diamondwing had to say about the current situation with Maximus Shaw, she sat down and then immediately stood "I mean seriously bro..."
Sydney, who was sat on the couch with a sleeping Stephanie in her arms, raised an eyebrow "Bro?"
"It's just something I'm trying on." Rayne replied with a shrug. The robotic agent tended to pick words up on occassion and force them into her vocabulary. It was only recently that the team got her to stop calling everything 'rad'.
"Well take it off. Right now."
"Diamondwing is awake."
"Cheers Vi, we're on our way."

Anna Delaqua, Diamondwing, was sat up in the bed of the med bay. She rubbed at her head as Vi, The Helix AI, questioned her.
'I have been scanning you. Your biology is highly irregular. Would you agree to an MRI?'
"Uh....who am I talking to?"
Just in time the cavalry arrived.
"Good evening, my name is Rayne, Do you know where you are? Do you know the day? Do you know the month? The year?" Rayne leaned into Anna's face and looked in her eyes.
"Um...Yes you're an X-man, I'm in your base, It's Thursday...." Anna slowly pulled away from Rayne's gaze.
"Chill out Doctor Quinn medicine woman she's Diamondwing , a little fall from a skyscraper won't hurt her." Sydney eased herself into the little space between Rayne and Anna "You okay? You took a bit of a hit. Do you remember what happened? We're all kinda in the dark here."
"I feel okay. Just over exerted. I can take a beating but when I go too far my body will just lock up so I can heal. Thanks for the assist." Anna had seen alot of the X-men in the news, it was weird that in person they just looked...normal. You would never imagine Sydney in the sky throwing lightning bolts...it wasn't such a stretch with Rayne who looked exactly as she did on tv brandishing a gun.
"That's good. Why were you and Shaw fighting?" Rayne had no time for any more pleasantries "Take it from the top. How are you and him involved?"
Anna accepted a glass of water off Sydney with a smile before she began "I met him before I joined The Avengers, he had acquired some mystical ring, it was carnage. I got in his face and chopped his arm off. The ring is gone now. From what I can gather this guy is obsessed with magical items. He wants power. I heard he was back in LA so I tracked him. Too late...He made a deal with some gang to give him his latest toy. It lets him control people and with each person he infects he seems to get stronger. I chased him from LA here, he didn't need to stop and rest or eat or drink he just kept going and going and going. He was making that black goo spread onto people. With some it just slithered off them but others it burrowed into them. They were his slaves then until their bodies just gave in. He gets stronger with each person connected to him." Getting up out of the bed Anna stretched to click her back.
"I dislike magic. We have to kill him." Rayne nodded curtly at Diamondwing "Thank you for the info. Capillos, reach out to those magic vagrants you know. See if they can pinpoint what this sinister black goo is. Sydney, you change that babies ass because she has defecated and is making me sick."
"Roger that." Sydney scowled sniffing the air, Stephanie was awake now and looking rather smug "Piggy."

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:11 am

"Okay, I'll go- however when I come home we are going to have a long discussion as to what you're putting in Ziggy's food bowl. I've tasted that wet dog food and it is not healthy in the slightest for a canine to have that much sodium content. Don't get me started on Petey, that's a whole different measure of trying to feed a domesticated skunk the way you do, pet care is a very important issue-its not as simple as raising children" as he spoke Carolina could be seen in the background carrying Kat in tow of Marceline carrying Chuckie "I wouldn't know how it feels considering you people constantly steal my children from me"

With that out of the way Cap was on his way out to speak with his underground informants about whatever the insidious goop was
Thank You Both!

Shakey Jake
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Shakey Jake » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:13 am

[The Moth]
Under the city lived a creature, a secretive creature that few knew off. You knew you were close to her lair when you began to encounter silk. Strewn among the rusty pipes, some spoke of mutant spiders that attacked anyone that dared wander into their webs. They would be wrong. There were no spiders here.
A little further beyond the silk you would begin to hear a faint rustling sound, and the fluttering sounds of moths. Everywhere. Moths everywhere. Eventually you come to an opening, a large circular area where the draining pipes used to empty their filthy cargo. This was the lair of The Moth.
"Capillos Daemon." A voice called down from the darkness above "I know your stench well." Moths were flying all around the space, they gave off the most soothing of sounds. A distinctly louder fluttering sound gave tell to when The Moth herself moved. A creature of seemingly mystical origins The Moth was a known source of excellent magical intel. She existed both in the world of the living and in the beyond, whatever that was.
"Last time you visited me you were shouting about how you could save the weather witch possessed by that Phoenix fiend. Tell me does she yet live? I have been waiting to hear the end of the tale." The voice came from a different location whenever the creature spoke, moving around the darkness, hidden from view "You know the price of my assistance." The Moth had known Capillos and his family for sometime, the only price for her help was to provide her with news and stories from the world above "What is it you come for this time wind rider? Tell us."

khfan429
Traveller
Traveller

Post by khfan429 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:50 pm

The Helix

"And you say that this substance completely dislocated the vehicle?" a woman in a SHIELD combat suit asked, crouching down to inspect the ground.

"Yup yup. Gone like the wind." Gig replied, raising an eyebrow when the woman lifted up another nearby car with one hand, its front tires effortlessly leaving the ground. "Y'know we could always ask the owner to move it?"

"There is no need." she commented, gingerly setting the car back down to avoid damaging it after a moment. "No scorch marks, no residue, no anything. Peculiar."

"Yeah, peculiar's kinda the new Tuesday. And freaky's the new Friday. Don't even get me started on Mondays..." Realizing that he was the only one of the two who found the joke funny, Gig sighed and shook his head. "So, any ideas Soph?"

"I have seen nothing like this within my sphere of influence." Sophia answered. "This, both fortunately and unfortunately, means that we can rule out a surviving sample of Project Anodyne. The suit's protoplasm has only ever demonstrated the ability to break down organic matter, and even then only in its pre-bonded state."

"Back to square one again, then." Gig said with another sigh.

"Stout heart, Lima. Mysteries such as this are simply another way to learn more about an ever-more-connected universe." Sophia assured him, clapping him on the back. "We will find this Shaw, and we will shuffle him off to Hel where he belongs."

"... Yyyyyyyyyyyyeah. Or, y'know, arrest him. Like normal people." 'You've been living on Earth how long now and still goin' on about this Aesir stuff in public?' he couldn't help but think to himself.

Shakey Jake
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Shakey Jake » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:01 am

[Janet James]
People have been asking me the same question alot lately. How can you support mutant rights after you spent years calling them monsters? The answer is simple... Education.
When I was new to the media world I didn't have my own thoughts and opinions, I thought only what I knew to be popular. I would mold myself to whatever the current mood was. Disliking mutants was and remains a click bait kind of subject. But now I have my own mind, my own stance. I don't care war's popular and acceptable anymore, I care only about the truth and the truth is mutants are no different to non mutants.
Let me tell you a story about a woman who went out of her way to discredit and hurt the X-men. A woman who did this not because she felt any real hate towards them but because she knew hating them would get her readers. A woman who hated so loudly that the terrorist Phantasm noticed her. Phantasm, one of the most dangerous mutants in living memory, came after this woman, she would have been killed if it wasn't for the X-men stepping in and saving her. The X-men fought Phantasm to saver her life. That woman is me.
As I starred down death I saw in Phantasm's face that she wasn't dangerous because she was a mutant, she would have been dangerous as a non mutant, she was quite simply insane. The same for the X-men, they weren't there because they had powers, they would help even without powers.
Mutants can be dangerous. But no so more than an angry man with a gun.
Education. It took me a long time but I learned. Anyone can learn. Even me, Janet James.