As they are so far from Sol however, it was inevitable that conflict would take root as it always had. Vast companies, Pirate groups and Military organizations soon formed, each having their own goals to seek out on these fresh colonies.
One of these was a vast desert world, once theorized to be a grand Ocean from the massive skeletons found buried in the Sand. Here, the birth of a new occupation would take place. Here, the Pilots would find their calling, and their legend begins.
Code: Select all
Character Name: Age: Gender (Optional): Appearance: Specialization: Faction: Mecha Type: Mecha Appearance:
Age- There is no limit to age, though do keep in mind that an Old man who can barely walk would need their Mecha to compensate for that fragility. Youth also means less experience generally.
Gender- Also simple, though you don't need to include this if you feel it is not needed.
Appearance - Pics or Descriptions will do here.
Specialization - Pilots are required to be skilled in many areas, though generally, a few specialize in a few skills. Choose either one skill you are especially good at or a couple you are above average in. (Range, Reaction time, Stability/mental strength, Engineering, Leadership)
Faction - Pilots can work on their own as Mercenaries, so this can be filled in as 'independent'. Otherwise, they can work for a variety of Factions. The list is included in the next Spoiler.
Mecha Type - There are a few types of Mecha currently available. Scout (High speed, low armor), Gunner (More weapons, lower speed), Knight (More armor, lower speed), and Support (More unique equipment, lower combat ability overall). These are not set in stone, and can even branch off into more specialized areas.
Mecha Appearance - As it says on the tin, detail your Mecha's appearance with words or a picture. Keep in mind that Mecha need to move at high speeds via flight or other means, otherwise it might as well be useless on the desert sands.
- United Nations Colony Command (UNCC): The government arm dedicated to managing the colonization and management of new worlds outside the Sol system. Until recently, they were rather in control of the situation, but the piracy problem, as well as Corporations butting in, has weakened their power. Still, they are rather formidable and generally reward Pilots with a decent amount of money and heavily regulated but safe gear.
- The Pirates of Valen: While not unified in the slightest, the Pirates of Valen have developed many unlicensed settlements outside of UNCC controlled lands, and often raid the smaller settlements the UNCC controls for loot, money, and just a lust for violence. As there is no central power behind them, a UNCC coordinated assault usually routs them, though they just appear elsewhere in defiance. As a Pirate Pilot, you will be wanted by the UNCC and the Corporations you happen to annoy, though the reward usually is vast amounts of money and loot from your conquests. Rewards vary between Pirate nests, however, and the black market is very limited and not very reliable for new gear.
- Royal Crown Industries (RC): One of the first megacorporations to expand their profits into the new expansions into the Solar system, Royal Crown is a rather well off company with some influence in the UNCC. However, the UNCC also happens to regulate RC as much as they can get away with, with the two often butting heads in politics. With the new expansions outside the Solar System, Royal Crown uses their vast wealth to send their own establishments onto Valen and others, seeking to exploit the vast amounts of oil and other undiscovered materials detected on the planet. Working for them is sure to earn you vast contracts and money, though their gear is more expensive and they often don't inform you of certain details. Their gear is mostly safe, but as RC seeks to work around regulations by UNCC often, they can come with some nasty surprises for a reckless Pilot.
- After Mars was fully colonized and officially recognized as a Nation among the United Nations of Terra (UNT), Humanity took the next step forward in their technology. Magnetism was used nearly everywhere as more and more of the Sol System was colonized, and better propulsion technology and streamlined ships lead trips between planets that used to take weeks (Terra time) to become mere days or even hours. Farming grew more efficient with Hydroponics and Genetically enhanced crops and cattle, and terraforming techniques started to surface for the public.
Weaponry evolved as well, as it came naturally, though at first they were hardly used aside from dealing with the first Space Pirates. Railguns were no longer experimental but just expensive, Coilguns were moving into the experimental stages and even Hardlight was being tested for its use in shields as well as walkways or walls. With the colonies of the Sol system revealing a new material, known as Golden Sand by the public, power issues became a thing of the past as Golden Sand turbines showed matching or even more output than nuclear sources.
By far the largest deposit of Golden Sand ever discovered was on the desert world Valen, and the UNCC of the UNT was quick to send ships there. By this time, the idea of Mech suits powered by Golden Sand turbines had become common, but until Valen was established there hadn't been a need for them...until the first Pilots appeared.
- David Conner and the Lionheart (Ninmast)
- Kane "The Lich" Linnon and Casey the Dog (ColeslawEnthusiast)