Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.

Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Traveler's Chosen

Gather ideas and brainstorm with other members, recruit players, make partner requests, or just check for interest in an idea you have. A great place to browse to see what is taking place or build new settings and worlds from scratch.

Moderators: Forge, Georgeanna

ColeslawEnthusiast
Newcomer
Newcomer
Class: Rogue

Traveler's Chosen

Post by ColeslawEnthusiast » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:29 am

A long time ago, Humanity suffered from overpopulation. Earth was overcrowded and we lacked the technology to colonize other worlds.

And then the Traveler arrived. And with it, an age of prosperity. Humanity spread across the stars. To Venus, Mercury, Mars, and beyond. Humanity's lifespan tripled. We reached out to moons of Saturn.

And then the Darkness arrived. The Traveler had been pursued by the Darkness. Unrelenting. Cruel. The Traveler fought its hardest to keep Humanity safe, but it was ultimately subdued. And in its dying breath, the Traveler created the Ghosts. Their job is to find their Chosen. Those capable of harnessing the Light.

Like you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, so if you guys don't know what Destiny and its universe are, I'm happy to direct you to better descriptions, but my best description is:
You are resurrected. The reason behind this is your Ghost. They are floating drones that can resurrect people. Now, Ghosts usually need to find a Guardian. The Guardian must fit certain criteria to be resurrect-able. However, after resurrecting their Guardian, Ghosts cannot resurrect ANYONE else. (Barring special circumstances) These Guardians, however, are badass. They use paracausal abilities given to the by the Light, the Traveler's energy, and they come in three classes:
Warlocks (Frickin nerds)
Titans (I like breaking things)
Hunters (I wear a cape and don't like following rules)
Warlocks utilize mostly the Light and their weapons to destroy enemies. They are usually smart.
Titans utilize their impossibly broad shouldered frames to smash everything in sight. They use the Light to empower this ability. (See Fists Of Havoc)
Hunters are cunning and fast, and they use the Light to become more so. They utilize their wit and stealth to act as scouts and/or roleplay as space cowboys.
So, this RP will obviously include Guardians. It will take place AFTER the Red War, cause being slaughtered en masse without your super cool space magic is wack, yo.

Chaos_Dreamer
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Necromancer

Re: Traveler's Chosen

Post by Chaos_Dreamer » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:52 am

I'm interested! Though how strick are we sticking to the canon of the game? If one were to be a Warlock can they only use the abilities as shown in Destiny or would it be a bit more open, but with given stipulations?

ColeslawEnthusiast
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by ColeslawEnthusiast » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:33 am

Obviously no planet-eating Nova Bombs or anything, but you can use whatever abilities you like, within reason. So, yeah. I plan on being a Hunter, based off my PS4 hunter. *Cough cough* I have a god rolled Supremacy *cough cough*

ColeslawEnthusiast
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by ColeslawEnthusiast » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:31 am

Chaos_Dreamer wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:52 am
I'm interested! Though how strick are we sticking to the canon of the game? If one were to be a Warlock can they only use the abilities as shown in Destiny or would it be a bit more open, but with given stipulations?
It occurs to me that I failed to answer your question. Yes, you can make up any ability you like, and I trust you not to turn yourself into a world-eating god.