Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.

Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Department of Supernatural Crime (IC)

The realms where science and sorcery tend to exist in equal focus. This may also includes settings with only a few major differences from our world such as the existence of the supernatural. Examples: The Marvel Universe, Vampire the Masquerade, Supernatural (Series)

Moderators: Darkblade, Georgeanna

Darkblade
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Necromancer

Department of Supernatural Crime (IC)

Post by Darkblade » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:24 am

Quantico, Virginia, July 30th 2019

Sitting there, watching the Director as they shuffled through the files one more time.
It was quite dull, and rather redundant the decisions were already made and notices made.
But apparently the director wanted to speak about his decisions, it was likely to be a topic to be raised every time they met.

“Tomorrow, you will be briefing your team as to the nature of their assignment.”

Sirius nodded to that, it was a long time coming, but they’d finally get this trial run underway.
Some might ask why put a member of another organisation in charge of such a unit.
But considering what they’d be investigating it was rather useful to have one who had years of on hands experience dealing with such criminals.
Well that and he’d served the FBI long enough to be seen as quite useful to have around, so might as well actually have an assigned team to operate with.

“I still question the decisions you’ve made regarding your team selection, but the higher ups agree with allowing them stand.”

If he wasn’t trying to remain employed, he might have rolled his eyes at that point.
Just how many times was he going to have to hear this fellow didn’t like his choices?
It wasn’t like the Bureau had a lot of people who could be easily shifted to a new unit.
Let alone the criteria he wanted, people who had the ability to deal with the supernatural.
True he’d rather they not personalise too much with cases, but it was better than complete ignorance of what went bump in the night.
Even with the masquerade ending, there was much out there even law enforcement were truly unaware of.
So those with actual connections with what once lay behind the curtain, they were far better than some top ranking agent with a clean record.
They could hire some normal folks later, after the unit has proven itself as a viable alternative to relying on the Association.

“If I may Director, let me prove my choices to be valid before we discuss this again. We both believe this unit must pass the test phase, and I find having us defend our views might be at cross purposes without evidence. Give them a case and we’ll see if they can truly perform to my expectations, if not I’ll replace them till I find the sort who can do the job.”

The director was decent enough to let him speak his mind, then again the FBI tended to give Sirius a bit of leeway. They were basically part of his extended non blood family, and as such he’d do all he could for them. Though it did mean he’d tend to get a bit worked up when it came to such things, he just wanted to get things underway and deal with the problems that arise when they did so. He understood why the Director was so fixated on ensuring things went smoothly, but his caution was irksome.

“I still want to voice my concerns. Each one on their own could easily cause the Bureau problems, and you’re putting them all in one team. I will however go along with you on this, so go home and get some rest. You’re likely not to get much over the next few days.”

They shook hands, Sirius pondering the meaning behind the cryptic remark. It would seem that the Director had already singled out a case for the team, which will put quite a bit of pressure on the team. He was confident though it would work out, even if it would be a bit of a rush to get everyone situated. It also spoke of how important the case may be, sending a new team out before they’d even gotten their offices sorted. Well it would give the Bureau time to figure out where they’d place the Unit’s headquarters. Likely it’d be the bunker, where they’d housed the previous test unit. Wherever it ended up being he had a few ideas on what to put in it, he’d already put requests through to implement them on other federal offices. With such thoughts in his head he left the Director to their work, he’d take the advice and get some shut eye.

Quantico, Virginia, July 31st 2019

Waking up he felt about as rested as he had before he’d lay down, he just wasn’t built for sleep.
His gaze lingered on the far wall, wasn’t exactly a pretty wall, but it was covered in much that interested him.
Newspaper clippings, pictures, maps, annotated with his own rather terrible handwriting.
Everything he had pieced together, and none of it led him any closer to answers.
The Director forgot that him being the Special Agent-In-Charge was likely to complicate things more than the other’s might.
Yes a couple had personal links to crime that drove them, even the victim of a crime.
His baggage came with little change of closure, not even a target to bring to justice.
Just death, and scars, he didn’t need the wall to remind him of that time.

He purposely selected clothing that spoke nothing of his employment, and more to an eccentric.
A certain magician had certainly left his mark on the necromancer, though he had other reasons for his choices in clothing.
Much of his file would never come to light, from his actual role in both the FBI and Mage Association to his own brush with victimisation.
So clothing that covered the scars was a must, even if it was terribly inconvenient in decent weather.
Well that and who didn’t like a good scarf? He’d have to tread lightly when it came to dealing with his unit.
A slip up could have classified information in the hands of those not cleared to know about it, but at the same time he had a duty of care to ensure he did everything to solve a case.
Joys of being a necromancer, nobody is meant to know you’re one.
Even he wasn’t sure how many actual necromancers were around, as the association wasn’t just giving out that sort of information.
A magi was a walking weapon, which was why people like himself were trained to go after the rogue ones.
Necromancers on the other hand were a different matter, more magician than magi with their flagrant breaking of the world’s rules.
A walking war crime waiting to happen, and it’s certainly happened, and likely to happen again.

Lately there was even rumours that North Korea had or were trying to build an army of the dead with kidnapped necromancers.
But then like their nuclear program, it’s liable to be exaggerated as part of their aggressive stance towards the world.
He wouldn’t put it past them though, dictators like that would certainly enjoy having an army that would follow their every whim.
Even if the Kim clan pretty much already had that, they’d be able to get away with feeding and equipping an undead army even less than they already equip their living one.

Such ideas pervaded the media, as without the masquerade to hide them all, the media trotted them out as the latest attraction for ratings.
‘Is the Queen of England a werewolf? Did the Patriots use a meta to win the superbowl? Could Usain Bolt beat a Abarimon over a hundred meters?’
Such a shift in the world, yet things relatively hadn’t changed all that much.
Aside from the early days, mass panic, crime skyrocketing along with police shootings.
Once people calmed down, life resumed, just with more talk about things that months before nobody believed in.
He wasn’t entirely sure if it made his job easier or harder to not have to worry about the public finding out, it certainly didn’t mean less headaches.

Well it was time to get to work, for Sirius always skipped out on breakfast. Not that he didn’t make up for it later, but he just didn’t enjoy eating so soon after he’d woken up.
His apartment was spartan, as he really only used it for sleeping and eating takeaway and that’s assuming he hadn’t eaten before heading back.
Well that and pinning up things to the walls he thought might help his ongoing investigations.
He was lucky to have a ground floor apartment, for he hated elevators with a passion.
People thought it was a phobia, but no, he just hated them.
Little space shared by many people, that sensation of one’s stomach lifting in opposition of gravity.
Nothing to commend itself to him, and the US loved using them in place of other methods.
He wasn’t even sure where the stairs were in his complex, aside from the fire escape.
Likely didn’t exist, which would’ve just annoyed him to the point he’d purposely take to using the fire escape if he hadn’t a nice ground floor to live on.

Another habit he had was not driving, for some reason or another he just didn’t trust himself behind the wheel of a car.
Probably cause he’d never managed to ride a bike either, without crashing in lieu of breaking.
Besides it kept him healthier to have to walk, something had to counteract his fast food lifestyle.
Not running of course, walking was good enough and didn’t leave him looking like he’d fallen into a tumble dryer.
He might run if he was dressed for it, but there was no way anybody was ever going to convince him to wear running shorts.
Aside from his habit of hiding one’s scars, he’d seen people wearing them, and they all look ridiculous.
Of course he ignored the fact he likely looked very odd wearing a scarf even in summer.

-----

FBI HQ, not exactly the most imposing structure to ever be built. He had to ponder why it wasn’t built with more of a flourish.
Did the pentagon drain all the talent for masonry in the US?

“Special Agent Hartigan, your briefing will be conducted in conference room 2B. Documents have already been sent up, along with your new papers Special Agent-In-Charge indeed.”

Assistant Director Lucy Evens, he’d known her since he was a kid. She hadn’t changed at all, though he didn’t think much of it.
Not like the world wasn’t full of reasons for someone not seeming to change, let alone that weird form of nostalgia that hit people when confronted with people they’ve known a long time.

“I’ll be dealing with your paperwork for this case, assuming the unit succeeds I could even see a promotion. So try your best for me.”

Her eyes almost pleading, he wasn’t likely to outlive her habit of treating him like this.
But then it would beat having an overly serious career focused boss to deal with, Lucy wasn’t likely to throw the team under the bus to save her own career.
If anything, they’d be more liable to have to hold her back, emotions were a bane for some people.

“I don’t know how to try anything by my best, but we’ll see if I can find even more trying. Just for you.”

Lucy giggled, and walked off likely to annoy the Director she was likely to be saying farewell to should things go well.
She’d become the director of the division he was heading the first unit of, while the director remained at their post.
Of course, that assumed he was able to get the unit through the trial run ahead.
Which meant going to the third floor, cause apparently someone doesn’t count the ground floor as number one.
Stairs, preferable to elevators, but still annoying to deal with.
For someone his age, he certainly was more an old man when it came to the numerous gripes he had.
With them conquered there was only the walk to the conference room, and to plop himself at the head of the table assuming Lucy wasn’t going to make another appearance.
Seeing as his papers were there, it was a safe bet, then began to read the documents before him.
Ritual murders, two victims, water in the lungs, single penetrating wound to the chest, heads removed.
Traces of silver, though no reaction to it on the bodies suggesting they weren’t supernatural themselves.
Fingerprints were even now running through databases looking for a match, that would take some time.
It was a grey area case, though needed solved quickly, this wasn’t going to stop at two.
However this could be a normal serial killer, using killing method normally reserved for vampires.
So it might not be a case for his lot, and they’d be made to hand it over to the head headshrinkers.
However that would take some investigating to determine, and it’s best to be wrong in that direction that it’s opposite.
Normal officers just aren’t prepared to face the horrors that a supernatural criminal can inflict.
So he continued to study the paper, and wait for his team to arrive.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Paladin

Re: Department of Supernatural Crime (IC)

Post by Ninmast » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:54 pm

Sarah smiled into the mirror as she straightened her bow brooch one last time. She wanted everything to be absolutely perfect. Glasses? Polished. Blouse? Buttoned. All the way. Blazer? Pressed and waiting. Holster? Strapped straight. Pistol? Loaded with two spare magazines. Stockings? All the way up and completely un-hole-y. Shoes? Buffed and shined. Skirt? Precisely knee length. She'd checked it three times. Naughty thing had a way of creeping up some days. Especially late in the week. But this was a Monday, and so she was at the top of her tank! Er, game! She'd even brushed out her hair! Oh, it was still in a ponytail, but it was always obvious when she hadn't brushed it. It never looked bad, she wasn't even sure that was physically possible anymore without something radical like a hacksaw haircut, but it never had the same luster. Usually, that was a good thing, it meant she didn't draw as much attention, but today, she wanted everything perfect.

Because today was going to be perfect! Yes, that was the way to think of it! She was going to be part of a new team specifically dedicated to investigating crimes committed by superhumans! It was sad to say goodbye to her partner of so many years, they'd locked up a lot of bad people together, even if over time they started looking more like mother and daughter. The separation was probably for the best. Her partner always played it down, but she could tell it was beginning to eat at her. They'd always be friends, though. But today, today was going to be great. She was going to make a great impression! She was going to be at the top of her game!

She glanced over at the clock on the vanity.

She was going to be late!

Sarah bolted for the door, slinging her blazer on as she shot down the hall. One button, two button, three button, then one hand was grabbing her toast and shoving it into her mouth while the other was grabbing her briefcase and purse. She went back once because she forgot to lock the door, then it was full speed for the ground floor of the apartment. She even took the stairs. Well, okay, she jumped down the stairwell. It was only five stories, she barely felt it, though she was glad she thought to not put her heels on until after she landed.

"Running late, Miss Faraday?" the clerk asked cheekily as she hopped on one foot to get the other shoe on as she went.

"On the worst day to do so!" she replied breathlessly. "Bye!"

She'd barely gotten out of the door before she laid eyes on a familiar car, and a familiar face standing there grinning.

"Called it," Agent Grissom intoned as she flipped her door open. "First day I wouldn't be on the beat with you, I knew you'd be running late." Her ex-partner climbed in after motioning for her to follow. "Lucky for you we're still going in the same direction."

"You're a life-saver." Sarah slid into the familiar seat and clipped the buckle even as she shut the door, and her eyes fell on the second coffee cup in the holder. "You really did expect it."

"You don't work with someone for fifteen years without learning their habits, after all," Grissom replied as she guided the car toward the exit onto the street, and nodded toward the cup. "For instance, cream, extra syrup, same childish muck you always order." It was an old jest, of course, something she added to with a smirk. "Unless they have marshmallows, of course."

The blonde took a long inhalation of the beverage before drinking. Biological effect or no, as far as she was concerned, every morning needed sugar and caffeine before it could start on the right foot. In this familiar setting, the stress she'd had since realizing she was late melted away. "Have you heard who they're putting you with now?" she asked after a bit and they were on the road.

"Dunno yet," Grissom replied and grinned again. "Probably some fresh out of training kid. Anything else would be weird at this point, eh? Of course, I'll probably have to teach them everything from scratch."

Sarah had a sad smile at that. After another moment, "It's not to late, you know, I could back out of the transfer."

Grissom's hand whipped off the steering wheel and bopped her in the head. "Don't even talk like that, Sarah! This is big! It's important! You know that, I know that! You'll be doing work we never could have really tackled. You're always saying it's helping people that's most important. Well, this is how you can help the most people! Heck, just think of all the girls like you were out there, looking for answers. Looking for safety. You can be there for them. So don't you even joke about backing out."

What could she say to that? Properly reprimanded, Sarah just nodded and returned to her cappuccino.

Agent Hartigan had been reading for a few minutes before the door opened and a blonde girl that looked like an intern pushed in the coffee cart, presumptively for the use of the agents covering the case. But then she didn't leave.

"Agent Faraday, sir," she introduced herself as she turned toward him. "Sorry about the cart, I got mistaken for an intern on my way in and ended up being given all sorts of orders. By the time I got through, I already had the cart, so I topped off the carafes thinking we could use it."

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Werebeast

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:35 am

Mark flipped off his TV as it played some kind of loop form the night before from Youtube, some kind of twenty four hour loop of a noise that helped him to shut off his brain when it came time for sleeping. He wasn't paying attention frankly as he cracked his neck this way and that waking up before dawn, he didn't sleep very much. It helped to dull the notion of everything moving too slowly, but soon enough he'd be awake, doctors had looked him over a dozen times and done sleep tests and found the man's health was not adversely affected by how he could not sleep any longer than a solid four or five hours. He scratched at his face and head allowing himself to fully wake up as he set the kettle to boil water for tea, leaving it alone to shower for all of seven minutes. It was efficient, he could do the same level of cleanliness as a normal person but so much quicker, and he was out in the bare taking his kettle off the heat and pouring himself a massive thermos of steeping green tea.

He combed out his long electric blue hair and rubbed at his eyes as he sighed and set to cooking up bacon on a skillet, he left for a few moments to change into boxer briefs and blue jeans, and came back to flip over the bacon before heading back to grab a pressed but loose gray shirt and an elastic hairband to tie his hair back into a tightly held ponytail. He took the bacon off the skillet in favor of cracking two eggs into the bacon grease and leaving once more to place rings on his fingers and socks on his feet. He took his sunny side up eggs off the skillet and set two pieces of texas toast to the skillet to soak up the grease and egg cookin mixture as he slid on comfortable shoes. Globbing on a large swath of butter to each he set them down on his plate and began to eat his breakfast at a table quietly as the sun began to rise in the early morning of the summer. It didn't survive him for long and he drained what we left of the grease into a can set aside specifically for cooking grease so it didn't clog up his drain and placed all his dirty dishes into the sink.

He took out a bottle of orange juice and drank down a heavy eight ounces worth before putting it back into the fridge and rolling his shoulders. He picked up his backpack and put on his belt with held his service weapon firmly and it's magazines. He placed a helmet over his head as he left his home and got into his garage. Since it was nice out and summer in Virginia he decided to take the bike out today. what better way to make an impression on a bunch of FBI stiffs than to show up looking nothing like how he was supposed to, on a motorbike instead of in a dark tinted SUV, coming out from the countryside instead of a metropolitan center. some would call this obnoxious but Mark felt it was best to test the limits of the extremes this new division would take in that this was a supernatural crimes investigation taskforce. It wasn't your every day bureau business professional, at least with field agents int he ATF they couldn't have cared less what he wore so long as it was cleaned, pressed, and didn't interfere with operations. The fact he was an excellent shot and an all around nice guy helped, if his direct supervisor had an issue Mark would change of course, he wasn't going to be obstinate but nothing ventured nothing gained.

Mark put himself up on his Kawasaki Ninja 650, started it up, and blasted out of his quaint little two bedroom homestead off to work. He would be there just in time, or earlier really. It wasn't even fully dawn yet...

The visage of electric blue and stormy grey was what one would get a look at when they saw the new agent's face walking through the halls. That and you'd notice a complete lack of professional dress as you took a man most acquainted in gun smuggling and busting black market operations and throw him into office investigations and a much tighter leash in a lot of ways. He had stowed away his thing and thus he was not over burdened with too much else on his person aside form his utility belt with his new provided side arm and his bureau issued badge and ID somewhere on his person. He looked over the two people in the room they've all be meeting in, there was a petite blonde to his immediate vicinity and an older looking agent sitting at the end of a table.

"Agent Doll, Reporting" he said quaintly as if that answered every question there could have been, this senior FBI agent already had the files on who Mark was and would have more than likely already been aware of such a startling departure from the common status quo of the bureau's dress code. The man looked more like he was an undercover DEA agent on his way to bust an mdma kingpin than a veteran ATF operative who had been in his fair share of intensive operations. Mark liked it that way, throw off the normal scope of what is to be expected and see the results. a way to test the tolerance in this new world even a decade after the fall fof the masquerade to see if tones and social cues had shifted in the absence of the illusion of true normalcy.

He looked over the woman to his left and turned offering his hand in greeting, the tattoos on his arm seemed to reach up and under his shirt's sleeve and almost creep along his wist line. It told a strange story that out of context just seemed utterly random but his hand, while sporting no less than three rings it was also well shaped and fit. The man himself was, more than likely under the loose clothes, completely cut and trim he didn't have much int he way of fat to go around. Save for his face, he had a softer than average face but that could hardly play out into how his fitness was. His eyes, being that kind of gray that one sees on the horizon as thunder looms, were also a bit tired looking but with a special glint of enthusiasm that spoke to a veteran in the field being offered a new chance at something big.

"Mark Doll, I'm a pull over from the ATF, may I have your name?" it wasn't a pressing demand, it was a polite request between colleagues who would be spending a lot of time in the near future together. The breaking of ice and the formation of the makings of a solid professional relationship.
Credit to Sammy and Nicodemus; one created my set for me, the other drew the source image as a request.
Thank You Both!

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:25 am

Sarah smiled and accepted the handshake, though in the back of her mind, she was a little worried that he had focused on her so directly. His appearance was also concerning, but she was determined not to be one to judge. Besides, everyone was always saying Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms was barely a stepped removed from DEA, and he looked like he'd spent a lot of time undercover. "Agent Faraday, it's a pleasure. I'm a pull from special victims." She released his hand and reached back for a carafe. "Coffee?"

Ruler_of_Wolves
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Ruler_of_Wolves » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:57 pm

Selena woke up well before her alarm went off, anticipation for the day rousing her mind and body. Knowing herself well she chose to forgo the useless time waste of trying to go back to bed, and instead she started getting ready for the day ahead.

First she did a light yoga routine to warm up her muscles and prepare her mind for work. Next she prepared breakfast, simply a plain bagel with blueberry cream cheese. Then she got dressed, a fitted sleek black suit with a white undershirt and her shoulder holster with it’s gun. With her hair in a tight bun and her black dress shoes, her outfit was complete.

Then, it was time to wait. Selena killed the time by turning on the tv, and not really watching it as she aimlessly scrolling through her phone. As time passed she couldn’t help but think about the new job. The fact that she would start fresh with new coworkers terrified her but the idea of being out in the field solving the most unusual cases was thrilling. The drug task force was getting stale, all the cases seeming to blend together in endless repetition.

Selena timed herself so she’d arrive exactly on time, that way she wouldn’t have to wait in anticipation, and no one would wait for her. As she entered the room she noticed that two of her new co workers were engaged in conversation, instead of interrupting them she simply nodded to the Senior officer at the head of the table. Selena sat herself next to the peculiarly dressed blue haired one. They were exactly what she wanted them to look like, unique, different, not like the drug jocks she’d previously worked with.
"What you look like on the outside is not what makes you cool at all. I mean, I had a mullet and wore parachute pants for a long, long time, and I'm doin' okay."

-Ellen DeGeneres

Raptorman
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Mage

Post by Raptorman » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:33 am

For Kimiko Amagi, the ideal start to the morning would have been largely quiet and peaceful preparations as she ran through her own checklist for the first day of her new job. She'd awakened earlier than usual and taken great care in preparing the night before so that things would be as low stress as possible. However she had not counted on her mother deciding that it was necessary to call her. With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight she knew that she should have expected it, but had it really been too much to hope to escape the nagging?

One of her hands held the phone to the side of her head as her hair combed itself, one of the long braided tresses that framed her face coiling out to grab the brush and then run it through the rest of her hair as she spoke. "I know you want to wish me good luck and I also know you disapprove of my choices here." She hoped that the acknowledgement could blunt the potential unpleasantness that could result from another argument with her mother. "But you aren't going to change my mind. And we both know that's true since I didn't just yell out that you actually could."

'You know we only want what's best for you.' Her mother's voice sounded in her ear. Kimiko held back a sigh as she continued her preparations, brushing her teeth now, as her mother continued. 'And look at what's happened so far. You're now going to be in danger. People could start shooting at you. Think of what it would do to us if you got hurt or even died.'

Idly the woman wondered if she could have gotten away with not answering and just texting her mother later. But no, that would have been worse in the long run. 'And besides this career of yours is taking away from the rest of your life. By the time I was your age your father and I were married and your brother had already been born. You haven't even brought someone to meet us...'

Okay... that was enough. She did not want to have this conversation, and thankfully she even had an excuse. "Mom, I have to go, I can't be late my first day." After the quick end she took another brief moment to peruse her image in the reflection, and then nodded. She looked presentable. She'd even managed to avoid yelling in a conversation with her mother, that had to be a win right?

Not all that much later Kimiko made her way into the conference room. The sight of several other people there made her glance at the clock reflexively. Thankfully she wasn't late, but it had ultimately been a closer call then she would have liked. She glanced over the people in the room, a young looking blonde woman, a man with vibrant blue hair and an overabundance of piercings, she really hoped he wouldn't ever ask how he looked because then she would have to be rude, a tanned woman with black hair, and a blonde man with a scarf seated at the head of the conference table. She idly wondered why he was wearing a scarf in the middle of the summer.

She made her way over to the seats near the blond woman and then took a a seat there. Her hair moving so that none of it would be caught as she sat down and then spreading out, though for a moment it was a bit twitchy as her nerves were getting to her. "Hi," she said softly. "I'm Kimiko Amagi, it's very nice to meet you."

Darkblade
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Darkblade » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:40 am

When each person entered, he looked up to acknowledge them before returning to his notes. Counting each of them off, and recalling why each one had been selected. Indeed, seeing as his own career was on the line he made sure to personally check into their backgrounds. Something they did not get to benefit from, but then they weren’t also working of a heavily classified organisation. Dual loyalties were ever such a headache, but at least they both saw eye to eye on the notion that nations really should have a legitimate answer to the sort of crime that was now out in the open. Thus he got to set up this little experiment, though it wasn’t like the concept was difficult to wrap one’s head around, the test was how best to do it. He preferred a more investigative approach, rather than hit squads, after all it was time that they ought to start applying the law of the land to all that dwell within it. Closing the folder, and it’s less than savoury details, he surveyed his team in progress.

“I’m glad you all were able to find your way here, I’d probably have had second thoughts if you couldn’t.”

More than second thoughts actually, it probably would’ve had him rethinking a lot of things. As being able to get from point A to point B is something he’d expect children to manage, never mind adults who were trained to serve the FBI.

“Before we get down to cases, I want to explain a few things. If only to ensure everyone is on the same page, and knows what is expected of them.”

He stood up, sitting didn’t exactly speak of authority. Something he’d have to assert, came with his new job. They’d be responsible for this lot, and thus it meant he’d have to keep them in line.

“First, this new unit is tasked with the investigation of supernatural crimes. Be they committed by or against them. Which is why for the most part I’ve selected those who are of a supernatural persuasion, as normal humans tend to be rather under equipped for the task.”

Recalling how little material they’d amassed for the unit, they themselves were pretty under equipped. Silver cuffs, were nice and all, but no bullets worth a damn. An expense they couldn’t justify, cause apparently using the one thing that can put down a rampaging were wasn’t necessary. He surmised that once they’d proven themselves, they’d be able to get a budget for such things. For now though, he was going to pit supernatural strength where gear would’ve played a role.

“I am Sirius Hartigan, Special Agent In Charge. Most of you having already enjoyed lengthy careers in the field have had your positions grandfathered into this unit. Those without such field experience have been given the rank of New Agent Trainee, though your training will be done in the field rather than the Academy. They’ve left it up to me as to when you’ll be eligible for your final exams, my expectations are to have it long before the usual seven years.”

They were probably going to hate his guts by the end of it, but it was either that or they’d be stuck with the academy. Which forced people to take the full seven years for field certification, even if it did also give them periods to relax. Something he’d skip out entirely, pushing people was how you got the best out of them. At least it might not be as bad as his own mentor’s training, but then Sirius hadn’t a reputation for setting the practically impossible as homework, yet. He also didn’t name names, as egos could be irksome things to deal with.

“Pay shouldn’t be affected too much, right now your current GS will remain intact. Though with the added dangers we might have some wiggle room to get extra consideration.”

Indeed the automatic GS10 of a graduated field agent was in no small part due to the nature of their work being more dangerous than other federal positions. Rather than having to work their way from GS1 all the way to 10, so the non field members might actually see their salary increase due to their switch without him trying to extort more money out of the government for them.

“Your current clearance levels have also been changed, allowing you access to much of the research done into supernatural beings. This while the equivalent of a secret level of clearance does not allow you access to other secret level materials, as it’s not required for your job. So no you still don’t get to know what’s in area 51, nor who was on the grassy knoll.”

A little bit of humour seeing as everyone and their aunt knows those things, apparently. But yes the team required special access to supernatural research, the sort of things that weren’t made public. They likely would get declassified in time, but for the moment it’s still considered a governmental secret that they had this information. Then again Sirius already knew about it, he helped compile it during his liaison days. For the Mage Association were the ones who’d gathered it all, centuries of data that government agencies would certainly be interested it. Ensuring that they got to maintain their autonomy at the cost of such data, and other such collaborations. They did it with the Brits first, long before the curtain fell. For such a small nation, the British Isles was packed with supernatural things. Probably why they had so many legends, not just the fact they’d been writing longer than some countries were in existence.

“Which means, I can tell you I’m also an Agent of the Mage Association. Though for all purposes this unit is my only affiliation, so you probably should keep that knowledge to yourselves.”

Might as well give out the only piece of information they’d be able to find on him anyway, neither the agency was going to allow much to be known about him nor his activities.

“I already know of each of you of course, detailed background checks were part and parcel of your recruitment. Though I shall leave discussion of your pecularities to yourselves, just make sure they don’t impact your performance.”

Some of them might be uncomfortable with talking about what they were, though in one case it was practically impossible to hide it. One reason they’d never be conducting an interrogation, let alone the notion that sometimes an interrogator is expected to lie to a suspect.

“Think that’s enough preamble, the higher ups already selected a case that may require our involvement.”

He slid files across the tablet, true he could’ve used magecraft. But that would be showing off, and he wasn’t that lazy. The details he’d read weren’t overly pretty, and could be mundane, but he was pretty sure there was a supernatural element. Though he might want to consult the BAU, as it might end up being another nut job with a wacky ritual. Joys of the world, even normal humans were capable of acts that would make a banshee wail.

“As you can see the murders have a certain ritualistic aspect, common aspects of traditional vampire slaying. While we know silver was used, the bodies do not appear to have reacted to it. Which could suggest normal humans, though these injuries might be postmortem and thus wouldn’t be expected to react even to silver.”

Never mind the fact there could be a form of vampire that doesn’t react to silver at all, they were still discovering creatures every other day. Or at least rediscovering them, they were already around after all. Could also be a new mutation in a vampiric line, and this was the joys of the supernatural. Speculation was never going to go anywhere, as frankly there was just too many possibilities that could occur when beings didn’t adhere to some aspects of the natural world.

“So take your time reading the file, and don’t be afraid to speak up if you think of something. It might not be right, but at this point there are no wrong answers till we get there.”

Lucy likely already arranged their transportation, but he’d likely want to make sure of that before ushering this lot out of the building.

“I’ll be right back, just going to make sure we’re not expected to walk all the way to, Norfolk.”

He just hoped they wouldn’t have to deal with the naval base, as that would mean bringing in other agencies into their first investigation as a team. Which would just be a massive headache for him, which was something to avoid at all costs. Now if only their unknown suspect/s would keep that in mind.

Darkblade
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Darkblade » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:30 am

Victim #1
Female, Caucasian, estimated height and weight of 5ft 2inches and 120lbs, athletic physique with no apparent ailments.
Injuries:
Single wound through the chest breaching the rib cage and puncturing the heart.
Decapitated, tool marks on the spin indicate a cut that began from the back of the neck and moved through to the front.
Neither wound appears to show any hesitation marks, traces of silver found in both wounds.
No supernatural reaction was present on the body, suggesting a normal human or that the wounds were inflicted postmortem.
Also note worthy was the presence of liquid in the lungs, sent off for further testing.
Not enough to drown, but certainly enough to cause discomfort.

Location Found
Alleyway behind Bugatti’s nightclub [1907, 111 College Pl, Norfolk, VA 23510, United States], indications suggest body was killed elsewhere and dumped there. There is no indication that the body was posed, nor any significance to the location as Bugatti’s has no apparent affiliation with the local vamp community assuming said injuries were to evoke a vampire slaying.
No ID was on the body, fingerprints are still being run.

Found at 8:00am 26th July by delivery workers dropping on their consignment of alcohol to Bugatti’s. Rigour had not yet set in, body temperature suggests death had occurred within the previous twenty four hours.

Victim #2
Female, Caucasian, estimated height and weight of 5ft 9inches 130lbs, lithe figure. Has undergone a kidney transplant and had an appendectomy.
Injuries
Single chest wound, sliding between the ribs to puncture the heart.
Decapitation, tool marks suggest a motion from the back of the neck to the front.
Silver trace found in both wounds, no reaction to it’s presence suggesting that the victim is not a vampire, or that it was done postmortem
Presence of liquid in the lungs, along with foam suggesting that they were at some point drowning, could be CoD

Location found
Found in the car park of Fairlawn Recreation Center [1014 Kempsville Rd, Norfolk, VA 23502, USA], body was dumped without care to disguise the location. Obviously killed somewhere else and dumped at the location, and nobody in the area seemed to have any idea as to who the body may belong to. The Fairlawn Community Center that shares the same address however is known to hold a Vampire support group for BVs, suggesting the body may be a message to them assuming this is indeed an attempt to evoke a vampire slaying.
No ID found on the body, fingerprints sent to Quantico, along with all files pertaining to the previous victim.

Found at 5:00am by the arriving cleaner, rigour had not set in, liver temp suggests death occurred between twelve to twenty four hours ago.

It is our opinion both these victims are the result of the same killer, and furthermore that it the method of killing suggests that there is a supernatural element. Be that the victims actually being Vampires, or due to the ease at which the victims were seemingly killed the killer.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:39 am

They'd been given a little time to chat until everyone arrived, then the AIC provided the information on their first case. Sarah resisted breathing a sigh of relief when he refrained from going through and saying what they all were, that was too embarrassing by half. The blue-haired man had turned down the coffee, and she'd introduced herself as Sarah to the Asian young woman that sat herself next to her, and she'd just finished sitting down after making sure no one else wanted coffee (and preparing herself a cup, her second of the day, with a generous addition of sugar and cream) when he'd formally started the meeting.

Sarah felt herself slipping into routine as the case was laid out for them, and immediately began reading the files provided when they were offered. She pulled out her phone to track where the bodies were found, opposite ends of Norfolk, a couple days apart, both found within twenty-four hours of their death. No signs of anything but the execution. In line with methods to kill vampires, but ludicrously overkill. Someone thought all of this had to be done. It screamed to her that this was vigilante work, she'd seen it enough times before since the curtain rose, people overreacting to the revelation that "monsters" exist and taking it upon themselves to eliminate those they believe to be monsters in hiding. It was her experience these sorts of people were rarely good at correctly choosing targets in that regard, and there was almost always some sort of underlying bias at work in their decision making process. The number of pale-skinned redheads targeted in the first couple years was abominable. Then there were the regular psychos that decided all attractive women were SVs, especially if they rejected the killer. With both victims being female, that possibility couldn't be ruled out in particular. She recalled a crime that revolved around a "know the signs" thot meme that was circulating online, and that memory turned her stomach.

The method of body disposal was important, however, and fell in line with her initial guess. The bodies were just dumped, the killer had no attachment to them in any emotional sense, but he also didn't hide them or in any way attempt to dispose of them. Where they were deposited were also high-traffic areas where they absolutely would have been found relatively quickly. This meant that he didn't want his deeds going unknown, he just wanted to obscure his own connection to them. This killer was the hero of his own story, most likely. And the rate of targeting, if there was going to be another murder, the girl was likely already dead and waiting to be found or would be very shortly. It was unfortunate, but it was entirely unlikely they would be able to solve the crime in time to save her. That stuff happened in shows, not in real life. In fact, she would be more valuable to the investigation dead, macabre as that sounded, as wherever he chose to leave her would be a third geographical data point that could narrow down his zone of operation. In her seat, she sipped her coffee in silence, but in her mind, she was bracing herself for that very likely event that they would probably hear about by morning.

Using the 3D satellite mode of the maps app on her phone, she zoomed in on the two locations and spun it around. "These places should have security and street cameras. We need the footage from them, starting overnight the night before the bodies were found, up to a block out to start with ideally. Even if we can only get the vehicles that came through during those times, it would narrow our suspect window tremendously."

Ruler_of_Wolves
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Ruler_of_Wolves » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:42 am

Selena could help but glance at the others in curiosity as it was revealed that the others had a dash of supernatural as well. She slightly wished that their peculiarities were revealed, so she’d know something of who these strangers were. At least she knew now that her superior was in the mage Association, that set her mind a little at ease.

As she opened the file her anxiety eased at the familiarity of a case. Selena read the file collecting her thoughts on the crime. Seemed that this was the work of a professional, or at least someone who kills with ease. The lack of struggle, and defensive wounds meant that the asalaint ether was able to over power these girls with ease, or used another method like drugs or the supernatural to subdue them.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the keen blonde girl who spoke.

Hmmm, security footage would make this case significantly easier. She nodded in agreement.

“There could be evidence of torture here. With the water in their lungs these women could have been held at a secondary location, tortured then dumped after they expired. With the cleanliness of the kill and the lack of hesitation we could be dealing with a professional here.”

Selena tried to push away this feeling of excitement of this strange case. She felt guilty looking at these poor women while feeling thrilled about the case.
"What you look like on the outside is not what makes you cool at all. I mean, I had a mullet and wore parachute pants for a long, long time, and I'm doin' okay."

-Ellen DeGeneres

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:38 am

Mark looked over the documents, several times over in the space of just a minute, absorbing the data and his face firming to the data entering his brain, the gears turning. "We can't just stop at video footage, if there are any homeless folks out or solid night life degenerates we may be able to plug on them for something to match up with what the footage has to say-cover our bases. If we're dealing with a professional, and I agree that I think we are Agent Fairmount, then it's safe to assume that they're aware of the video footage possibilities and may have obscured or worked around the possibilities. Not that we shouldn't look, but we may have limited insight from them" he looked to Agent Faraday and then to the others.

"But homeless people are not taken into consideration, maybe there was someone who had been near that nightclub alley, heard the noise, and curiosity fed them onto taking a peek. Parking garage, I mean that's a classic location. I don't think we should overlook that as a potential help to uncovering more details about this case." Mark poured himself some tea form his thermos and sipped at it quietly as he began to review the pages several more times, his eyes flitting about the evidence.

This is bullshit, makes my stomach turn, this isn't like busting gun smuggling and terrorist stockpiles. this is way more visceral-it's a nitty gritty on just some of the most depraved kinds of people he gave a glance to Agent Faraday. She didn't look any older than twenty but he knew if she was form Special Victims then this was her strong suit, not so much his. He turned back and looked to Agents Fairmount and Amagi, they also seemed so damned young and he felt kind of jealous that despite the fact they were all probably his age he was the one who had the most of it showing off. "It's enough to turn someone's stomach at the level of depravity someone is willing to go against people they see as different or weak..." he was mumbling a bit and it wasn't directed towards anyone. It was a bit of steam release as though Mark had certainly seen his fair share of violence it was another to see methodical and torturous killings.

It would not dissuade him from doing his job well, in fact it would only serve to increase his conscious effort to make sure than no matter what happened-this son of a bitch was going down and going down hard.
Credit to Sammy and Nicodemus; one created my set for me, the other drew the source image as a request.
Thank You Both!

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:16 am

"It's called unpersoning," Sarah provided. Mark was right that this felt like a case right out of Special Victims to her. Sadly, it wasn't nearly as uncommon a crime as she would have liked. She had nodded at his mentioning of the homeless, it was a good approach. Never overlook a potential witness, it was said. Now, she was referring to his talk of stomach turning. "When you become convinced that another individual isn't as human as you are, what you can morally justify doing to them increases according to the degree of separation. It's a lot like sociopathy, but directed only toward an outgroup, and even the sanest of individuals can find themselves doing it."

She took another sip of her coffee. "The key thing is, we can't let ourselves get absorbed in the moral wrongness of the criminal's actions, or we get blinded to details. I suspect we're dealing with a vigilante, judging from his dumping methods. That would mean he thinks he's doing a hero's work. If I had to guess, our most likely suspect will be a downtrodden type with a penchant for extreme declarations. In that light, it would help to run a search through public posts on social media for any mention of anti-vampire sentiment from residents in or around Norfolk. If we cross-referenced that with vehicle plates, and if we got a witness who could give us a description of anything, even a vehicle pulling in at the right time, we could narrow a suspect pool to potentially a single candidate, or at the very least an extremely short list."

BrookeDi
Scout
Scout
Class: Rogue

Post by BrookeDi » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:47 am

Anita was late. Very late. It wasn't her fault, though as she hadn't received the notice of transfer that morning until she showed up to work with the BAU. She had arrived to work, dropped into her seat, only to rise immediately when SSA Dodson approached her desk. There was no greeting or preamble. "You've been transferred."

"Transferred? Where?" She was filled with equal parts fear and equal part hope. She knew that the Department of Supernatural Crime would be getting a test case soon, and she'd requested to be involved. She hoped that's what the transfer was. There was also a chance, however, that she'd been transferred to another department. Anita loved the BAU, and if she were going to leave, she hoped only to be placed in one other department.

Outside of the BAU, Dodson was known for being a bit of a hardass, for lacking the ability to smile, and many speculated that he didn't have any personality. Those who have worked with him know that most of that isn't true, but he does have a serious case of resting bitch face. It was all about reading his eyes, and Anita saw a twinkle there just before he told her of her transfer.

"I'd hurry; I hear they've already got a case."

Of course, she wasn't about to share that entire story with the rest of the team as she tried to sneak into the conference room of the new division. Instead, she slipped in as the rest of the team were discussing the files before them. She didn't spot the supervising agent, but she found a seat nonetheless, pulled a file to her, and skimmed through it, keeping an ear open to what was being said around her. She didn't bother introducing herself, or explaining her lateness. Work had already begun, and preventing future victims was a far more important task than the niceties of working with a new group of people.

Her first impression was that it was someone with the mistaken belief that they were ridding the world of vampires. "Our unsub definitely seems to have a type," she observed. For a moment she forgot that she wasn't with her usual group, but when she looked up and remembered where she was, she continued on. Everyone else was sharing ideas, and she'd already spoken up. It wouldn't do to back out now. "Female, and Caucasian and similar builds. They could be a surrogate for someone else. Whatever the reason for the kills, they're confident in what they're doing. There was never a doubt in their mind, no hesitation marks, and five days between kills is a quick turnaround. At any rate, if local police haven't already, we need to canvas the nearby area and see if the heads were dumped nearby. The killer could be holding onto them, though for some other purpose." Trophies, ritual, or something else entirely. It was too early to speculate.
"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you."
- Maya Angelou

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:40 pm

Sarah didn't even seem to notice that the speaker was a new voice. She simply shook her head at it. "Without the heads, that's too thin to make that assumption on. Over half of the population of this country is female, and 72.4% is Caucasian. Both are in the majority, and their body types are within the realm of average, too. With only two bodies and no faces or hair to base similarity on, it would be too hasty to jump to the conclusion that it's a type. We can't even tell what type of vampire he thinks he's targeting."

She shuffled to another page, skimmed another line and adjusted her glasses back up onto the top of her nose from where they had started to slide. "All else being equal, everything you mentioned about them represents the majority of the country. It could have just as easily been that they were selected purely on chance. I'm not saying that's likely, I'm sure he has some means by which he believes he's finding actual vampires, assuming he isn't just doing it for kicks and playing pretend, but without more evidence, it's simply far too early to assume the targets, themselves, represent a pattern."

BrookeDi
Scout
Scout
Class: Rogue

Post by BrookeDi » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:40 pm

Anita shrugged, undeterred. "Hence the 'seems to' rather than a definite, resounding confirmation that this is the killer's type. Finding the heads would shed more light on the matter and help us come to a determination. It is too hasty, though, to assume we're looking for a male this early in the investigation. Base on the wound pattern we know we're looking for someone incredibly strong, and we're potentially looking for a supernatural which could easily be a man or woman."

The newest recruit blinked, and looked up at the speaker. "It's a bit hasty to make any kind of determination. We can't tell what type of vampire the unsub thinks they're targeting, because we don't even know if the unsub believes they are targeting a vampire. It seems like that might be the case. Without more evidence, it's simply far too early to assume anything about our killer. With only two victims, it's hard to tell for sure that the murders are done by a vigilante. It's a good thing, then, that we're discussing ideas rather than making assumptions. With only two bodies, and..." she glanced at the watch on her wrist, "about fifteen minutes, give or take, with the file, everything we say is going to be speculation."
"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you."
- Maya Angelou

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:55 am

"You're confusing assumptions with inductions," the other agent replied, again without ever looking up from the work. It was entirely possible she was on autopilot and didn't even really have any mind as to who at the table she was even addressing. "That representatives of virtually three-quarters of the population were targeted specifically for their ethnicity is an assumption. That he viewed the act as more important than the individuals is inductive reasoning based on how he executed them with exacting measures and then dumped them seemingly unceremoniously, but in places where his deeds would not go unnoticed, implying he wants his kills to be known, but has little to no attachment to the victims, themselves. That the killer had to be incredibly strong, however, is completely baseless entirely. The only open usage of strength is in the decapitation, and an axe does all of the work for you in that regard. If you are strong enough to lift it over your head and drop it with reasonable precision, you can decapitate anyone, especially if you've already restrained or killed them."

Another sip of the coffee and shuffle of papers. "The use of masculine pronouns isn't even that, though. Even if about 96% of all homicide perpetrators weren't male, making that gender overwhelmingly likely to be that of the killer, in English, he/him/his is the grammatical default for when you don't know the gender of the person to whom you are referring. If you are going to refrain from committing to anything just to avoid socially excluding anyone, you will never apprehend anyone. Let us stick to reason. That's the only hope, however thin, the next girl has, if that helps you focus."

Nevermind said girl might already be dead, or very likely would be within hours. Whoever was talking to Sarah seemed the type to be more distracted by that thought than prodded. Did they have an identitarian on the team? Those were always frustrating.

Raptorman
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Mage

Post by Raptorman » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:33 am

Kimiko had hoped that there wouldn't be issues, that her nerves wouldn't prove to be a problem, after all it was her first day on the new job and she hadn't performed in this exact role before. Unfortunately however she was at first more than a little intimidated. The big spiel by the head agent had done little to set her mind at ease, though it was nice to not have immediately been identified by race, even if it wasn't likely to be hidden for very long. Either someone who know it from her hair, or something would inevitably lead to her second mouth mouthing off. Try as she might to keep it from happening it was a fact of life that could not be denied.

There were some obvious possibilities. She worked to focus her mind on the case and the information in front of her. After all it was her job, and this part at least she was familiar with. It was a puzzle and the information available were the pieces for her to put together to solve it. She looked composed as she scanned through the information. She'd seen some truly abhorrent things before, and this while unpleasant wasn't any worse than some of the other things. Sarah's statement that they were possibly dealing with a vigilante was a real possibility for sure, though Kimiko thought there was also a chance that in contrast to the obvious the perpetrator or perpetrators could very well have personal connections to the victims and be using this as a ruse to distract. Admittedly it wasn't the obvious conclusion but it paid to consider any reasonable possibility.

She was actually planning to voice that, and had opened her mouth to do so and share her theory when another voice spoke up. The black haired woman swiveled slightly and the tresses of her hair on her left side seemed to move of their own accord out of her eyes so she could see who it was. Someone new had arrived and late. On one level she was relieved, at least it hadn't been her who was late.

There was a back and forth exchange between the newcomer and Sarah. Kimiko avoided butting in. That would be the height of rudeness after all. When there was a moment of quiet she finally saw her chance to speak up. "It is also possible that the killer could be masking a personal connection to the victims with the ritualistic elements. The same signs that could indicate vigilantism could also point to someone trying to make it overly obvious that they believed the women to be vampires. After all 40.3 percent of murder victims are killed by someone they know. It's still more likely that this is an example of vigilantism..." She cast a glance at Sarah as she said that, "but we should keep our minds open because it is too early to be sure."

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:41 am

"Of course," the blonde agreed, still not looking up, as if totally engrossed and on autopilot. "It's even entirely possible that a werewoman possessed by a lust demon was driven to remove interpreted competition for a desired mate and disguised the murders this way to obscure things while she absconds with her kidnapped beloved across a distant border."

It wasn't delivered dismissively. She seriously came across like she was genuinely admitting it was a possibility. Then she tapped her glasses again, still not looking up from the files. "Occam's razor should be remembered, however, lest we get too carried away with speculation on what might be that we miss something in front of us. We should follow where the evidence leads, not wonder what it might mean if it were somewhere else."

Ruler_of_Wolves
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Ruler_of_Wolves » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:36 am

Selena intently listened to the others throw their thoughts in the mix. She became amused when the newcomer and the petite blonde one exchanged differing views. Their varying thoughts would help explore all angles in the long run. Every plausible option must be explored to find the true answer. Though creating trust with one another was another problem in itself.

Instead of voicing her thoughts, Selena looked through the files once more. There was a lot they did know but, so much more they needed to figure out. This is the part she was excited for, going to the scenes, canvassing the area, do physical things out in the field.

“Hey, no need to be so critical of each other.” She stated sternly looking directly at Sarah.

“We can all agree that we need more information. We need to focus on what we can gather, not what we already know.” Selena declared, rising from her chair. She wanted to move, take action, get some clues about this head chopping bastard.

-Ellen DeGeneres

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:58 am

Mark shook his head with the back and forth and sipped down more tea now beginning to spin a pencil between his fingers and looking around the table "Okay, so no more speculations, not until we have evidence and proven patterns to investigate and institute a more firm hypothesis. You can't mark a pattern with two coroner reports, especially without heads for identification and to background check these women for what possible connections they might have had in life. In short we're dealing with the age old issue of not enough information, we have a game plan of checking footage and questioning-if we find the heads we find identities and thus we can narrow fields even further for motive." His eyes were flitting to the late agent, to Sarah, to Kimiko, to Selena.

"Norfolk will provide us a bevy of information and then we can start arguing further, but until then let's wait until our boss gets back here. Reports only tell a snapshot story, but soon we'll be piecing together something far richer form more angles". He looked to the new person and smiled "By the way my name is Agent Mark Doll, I'm glad to see our team is even that much bigger" the pencil never really stopped spinning between his fingers even as he spoke.
Thank You Both!