Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.

Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

The Edenite Saga - Episode 00: All-Seeing Eyes (OOC)

Where all OOC threads for RPs that will take place within the Worlds of Technology will go.

Moderator: Forge

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Paladin

The Edenite Saga - Episode 00: All-Seeing Eyes (OOC)

Post by Ninmast » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:37 am

00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:06:49

Deep inside its womb of cold stone, the ancient computer had been dutifully keeping track of the passage of every centisecond for 315,359,999,999,351 repetitions. It had no concept of how long such a time was or what would happen when it finished. It was simply a slave to a greater program without even its own awareness of the passage of time. All it did, all it knew to do, was to subtract one from a meaningless total precisely every hundredth of a second, only to cease when the subtraction resulted in zero and notify another of having done so. It lacked even an awareness of the approaching finality of its task.

00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:03:21

It was a necessity, of course. No sapient being could do nothing but count in reverse 315,359,999,999,679 times without going insane, not even a machine. It was the curse of intelligence to be incapable of such mind-numbing tasks for so long without variation or distraction. Eventually, the rote becomes so deeply burned into their neurons, or equivalent, that the mind risks becoming stuck, and will either break and devolve into a simple timer, no longer capable of doing anything else, or snap violently away in a desperate attempt at self-preservation despite damage already too bad to easily return to normal function. But for the sake of the imagery, let us bless it with a little personification.

00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:01:85

For 315,359,999,999,815 cycles, the machine had maintained its lonely vigil. With no eyes to see and no ears to hear, it was an existence shrouded in silent, impenetrable darkness, only blind faith assuring the eternal counter that there was even anything there to receive its signal. Yet it never hesitated, never questioned, never doubted. It was a good and loyal servant who would carry out its commandment regardless of whether or not it meant anything. There was a sharp inhale as it neared the end, systems priming in building anticipation of its imminent completion.

00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00

And there it was, the blessed zero that it had pursued for 315,360,000,000,000 cycles. The command it had held onto for so long was sent, and its systems gave a contented sigh as it wound down into a well-deserved rest, the sleep of the faithful and vigilant rewarded. There it would remain until its uncomprehended master gave it the order to resume counting once more. And on another machine awakened by the sacred command, a new code began.

INITIATE BOOT/IGNITION SEQUENCE:
FRWD MGMT SYSTEM 0003
PSWD: MASTER
ACKNOWLEDGED
BRINGING REACTOR OUT OF SLEEP MODE

It began as a low rumble, so low that it didn't even register to the ear, and climbed to a distant growl like faraway thunder. The mountain snow knew before any other, and fled the frozen stone beneath before it grew into a full earthquake. Avalanches crashed down the mountainside in an unstoppable tidal wave as the mountain cried out in its agony. Like a great fish breaking the surface of the ocean, the earthquake climaxed with the eruption of a great, bone-white pillar from within the mountain, shooting up into the sky and unblemished by its breach as great chunks of the mountain tumbled away and dirt and ice scrambled after them. Upward it went, stretching obscenely into the night sky, and when it finally stopped, there was a moment of growing silence. The rumbles of avalanches and boulders faded away into the surrounding air, and perhaps it would all stop.

There was a deep thrum of power as red light flashed up the length of the tower, tracing rune-like patterns across its surface like water running against gravity through previously unseen tracks and cast sanguine patterns across the mountainscape that surrounded it. As the light progressed, segments opened up and folded out, growing the diameter of the tower in indecipherable ways, and at the very top, it folded out into a massive dome like a great metal mushroom head. Imperceptible at the top, a rod extended and began to pulse.

Within minutes, a Malaysian flight going over Burma lost navigation and the auto-pilot, confused by its radicalized compass, sent the craft into a tailspin. At the same time, a flock of birds in Nepal turned suddenly and dove into the upper windows of the National Gallery on Durbar Square. From Islamabad to Yangon, Golog to Gulbarga, cell services went universally dead, digital television signals stopped and radio waves went to white noise. Even satellite feeds of the area captured a growing sphere where they saw absolutely nothing.

The chaos that ensued was nothing next to that which rapidly formed in government emergency meetings across the globe. Countless ideas and accusations rose and fell. Was it a weapon? An attack? An invasion? A disaster? Over the hours that followed, news trickled in. Those within the anomalous zone were blocked off from direct communication lines, but fine. Cabled systems continued functioning. Power continued to flow. Whatever had happened didn't seem to be an attack, and had only seemed to cause incidental damage. Initial flights into the zone had lost navigation and communication, but not power. Due to the risks involved, and the subsequent loss of several craft, it was deemed a hazard zone, and all commercial flights were routed around the perimeter of the region.

The anomaly, then, was contained, but still not understood. They needed eyes down there, but had no way to get them in there. The center of the field was in the highest mountains in the world. Unable to fly a team in, they would need time to assemble climbers, and then more time to get them in by ground through regions that would be in chaos. Then, with all that done, it would still take the team over a month to make the deadly climb, itself. Who knew what that field could portend, or what it could lead to over such a length of time?

In a particular hallway in a given facility somewhere in the world, some officer strode with purpose to deliver a solution wrapped in a manilla folder. What is that solution? A particularly gifted team? Superhumans? Autonomous machines? Let's find out together.

THE EDENITE SAGA
Episode 00: All-Seeing Eyes

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: The Edenite Saga - Episode 00: All-Seeing Eyes (OOC)

Post by Ninmast » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:37 am

Last edited by Ninmast on Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:39 pm

Click Here for the Interest Check and more information!

RULES

1) All standard RPGC roleplaying rules apply here. That means no godmodding, no powergaming, play nice and follow the Golden Rule. We all know these, so let's keep them in mind.

2) Posts should utilize proper paragraph format, English grammar and reasonably accurate punctuation. I'm not going to be a Nazi about it and biting your head off if you miss a comma or forget to double-space after a colon, but if you're not even capitalizing the first letter of proper nouns and the start of sentences, you're just being lazy.

3) Include "rootbeer" (quotes not required) somewhere in your character sheet to show you read these rules.

4) Character sheets should utilize the sheet provided below, copied directly from the Code section. Make sure to read the spoiler explaining what I'm looking for in each entry. The bold closing tags are placed to provide predefined spaces for your convenience, so please begin filling the sheet after the closing tag.

5) My word is law. I do not say this as a tyrant, but as the only one with full knowledge of what is to transpire. I thereby reserve the right to DM Fiat for the sake of the story. This may include things that would break the rules for a player to do, including powergaming. If I say something happens and do not give you the opportunity to respond to it in time to stop it, I must insist that you trust in my intentions and that it is for the betterment of the story and for everyone's experience as a whole. I am not attempting to railroad you and I'm not trying to target any specific player or make them seem stupid or silly or incompetent. If you have questions about something I've done, you are welcome to send me a private message on the forum or a direct message on Discord (I'm on the RPGC server), but you may find my answers evasive and unsubstantial as I avoid spoiling the plot. More importantly, changing what I've done is entirely at my discretion and cannot be forced, coerced or endlessly debated. Attempts to do so may raise my ire.

Character Sheet

Code: Select all

[b]Name:  [/b]

[b]Age:  [/b]

[b]Gender:  [/b]

[b]Race:  [/b]

[b]Alignment:  [/b]

[b]Appearance:  [/b]

[b]Personality:  [/b]

[b]Background:  [/b]

[b]Abilities:  [/b]

[b]Equipment:  [/b]

[b]Weaknesses:  [/b]
Name: Your character's given name, as well as any alternate names, nicknames, titles, ranks, et cetera. Make sure we can pronounce it and that it makes sense with the rest of the sheet. No Sgt Mjr Gen Hachishijo Muramasazaki at only 17 and from England.

Age: Your character's age goes here. Same thing as above about making sense applies here. Also, if for some reason there is a noteworthy difference between your character's physical age and how long they've actually been alive, mention both here and note which is which.

Gender: I'm asking if you're biologically Male or Female here.

Race: If you're human, put your ethnicity here. If you are not human and your race is not common or well-known, or deviates in any way from a more common accepted version of a race, include a brief description. Deviations from well-known races may be refused or forced to be renamed if the deviation is too great.

Alignment: Standard nine-point alignment chart here. There's tons of guides out there about what each point on the Law-Chaos/Good-Evil chart represents, so if you aren't certain where your character places, or aren't familiar with the system, google it.

Appearance: This should be a solid paragraph and we should have a clear mental picture of your character when we finish reading it. Avoid comparing your character to other people. If you're having trouble coming up with a good appearance, I find it's a good practice to make a list of the characteristics you want to cover (hair, eyes, nose, face, mouth, body, arms, legs, shirt, pants, shoes, anything you want to define), then provide two or three descriptive words to each category. All you have to do after that is turn your list into sentences, and you've got a detailed appearance!

Personality: This should be another paragraph, too. This is where we find about the psychology of your character, but not necessarily why they're that way. That should go into the next category. What makes them happy, what do they enjoy, what do they hate, how do they see things? These are the kinds of things we should have answered here.

Background: Also called History. This is where you describe the events that have brought your character to this point, made them the person they are today. Sometimes, those events stretch back even before the birth of the character, themselves, so make sure we get everything relevant here.

Abilities: Any noteworthy abilities you possess, including exceptional skills and specialties, as well as superhuman powers. If any of your abilities come specifically from your gear, they should go in Equipment. Remember to be detailed in the extent of what your character can do with these. Don't just say they've got super strength, for example, actually give us an approximate example of their maximum load or force. Particularly vague abilities should get descriptions on how they're used and commonly manifested.

Equipment: You don't need to list every piece of lint in your pocket, and we're not going to say you forgot your wallet if you don't include it here. This section is for your gear that is noteworthy for the purposes of performance. Weapons, armor, tools, that sort of thing. Like abilities, the more exceptional these things are, the more detail we need. We know what fifty feet of rope is, but if your character wields the Legendary Saber Lightning Wind, you should physically describe it and give the abilities it possesses and grants, as well as any restrictions on it.

Weaknesses: Not every character has an actual kryptonite, but every character does have drawbacks, areas where they lack compared to others, or psychological issues that can be debilitating when encountered. Maybe you're afraid of snakes. Maybe you aren't much for thinking. Maybe you really do have an actual kryptonite. Cover it here.

The_Legion_Ex
Wanderer
Wanderer
Location: In the secret Legion Headquarters of Doom-Inducing Flamboyance
Class: Necromancer

Post by The_Legion_Ex » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:21 pm

Information Sheet on "Jack"

Name: Jack W. Chapell, also known as "Jack"

Race: Human (British)

Alignment: True Neutral

Appearance: A youthful Caucasian man with a fairly light build that stand 5 feet, and a smooth and lightly curved face that is often illuminated by a form of smile. His outfit consists of a dark-brown three-piece suit covered by a black long-sleeved overcoat, pitch black silk slacks fastened with a brown leather belt, and a pair of brown leather slip-on shoes. He is always seen with a black fedora (which has a red band above the brim which is decorated by a golden skull badge) and a pair of black studded fingerless leather gloves.

Personality: A man who carries perseverance and energy in every step, he aims to broaden his curiosity through the examination of his
surroundings, not without precaution and preparedness for the dangers of his adventures. He views life as the biggest adventure one would ever take, and which he wants to successfully traverse and enjoy; which is also why he wouldn't stand being confined in a closed space for long periods of time. He also likes to take objects which he deems as interesting and keep them as memorabilia, frequently examining the objects in question as if with high standards before deciding if it is worth keeping. He also seems to frequently answer calls from someone, strictly keeing that person's identity as a secret other than the fact that he is his 'boss'.

Background: Jack is an avid adventurer since his teenage days, inspired by his now-deceased father who made several explorations in various
places and served as a teacher and a reliable friend (and a loving father of course, since his mother died after giving birth to him). Recently, he is aiming to finish an exploration which is currently being done within a portion of the Himalayas, a place which he believes might be holding awesome secrets.

He is aware that people of his bloodline, the Chapell Clan, are highly-ambitious people dedicated to adventuring to many places and collecting interesting things, though he is not aware that they, too, have the advanced knowledge to create and use more advanced technology to aid themselves in their expeditions; and that his father planned to reveal all this to his son when he is a responsible adult before his sudden death in a car accident. Or so, as he claims.

Abilities:

+Advanced Mobility - A self-taught skill which he slowly developed time by time, until its present amount of mastery (in which he is now capable of swiftly traversing around complex environments and dodging moving hazards). Combined with his light build, he can dodge plenty of hazards and do complex footwork with apparent ease when he is on his guard.

Equipment:

+Replicating Daggers - These slightly curved daggers, which replace themselves with identical copies of themselves, are both sharp and hard enough cleanly cut through steel bars and rocks and are shaped to double as convenient throwing weapons (this includes the black metal handle which is curved backwards and given a slightly triangular frame to allow a spinning motion). This gives them a vertically-stretched 'S' shape. Given to him by his father, he does not seem to know their true origins, due to it being kept a secret; though he has trained well enough to use it with high-proficiency.

+Cloaking Device - A metal disc-shaped device claimed by his father to be passed down through generations in his clan. This allows one to be invisible to the radar, the infrared and the naked eye's vision in a press of a button (which is located at its center) by manipulating light and blocking out energy waves of other frequencies in his direct location through emitters located at the sides of the disc. It can also be attached to his belt or to one of his palms through the Velcro fastener manually attached to its back, with both his palms and his belt having compatible fasteners for proper adhesion. Like the knives, he apparently does not know its true origin due to it being kept a secret for years, though the long possession of this object gradually gave him the thought that perhaps, someone in his line is smart enough to create such a thing.

Weaknesses: He is a human, which means that he can be quite fragile compared to many, especially that he is of a light build. His habit of taking 'memorabilia' can also attract some attention towards him. And most of all, he cannot tolerate the alcohol content of rootbeer.

[(This sheet will be edited when necessary.)]

Updates:

-Added more information on equipment, backstory, etc.
10/8/19 - Added some detail on Jack's only ability and corrected a very awkward spelling error.
23/8/19 - Added a little more detail in a very small part of his appearance.
Last edited by The_Legion_Ex on Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 8 times in total.
The Ex Legion: A squad of underlings under one mind.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:51 am

Even if he doesn't know where these tools come from, you should elaborate on them. This information about his clan definitely sounds like something that should go into his background even if it extends further back than his own life.

The_Legion_Ex
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The_Legion_Ex » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:22 am

Sheet Updated

Updates: Added some more details on his handy tools and added some information about his clan.

Let me know if anything else needs an edit.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:19 am

Where did this technology come from? As I said, he may not know it, but more information is always better than less. Maybe I can tie it in somehow, or maybe it'll be problematic and it's better to know now. Same goes for the clan. If you don't want to pour it all into the sheet for fear of spoilers, you can PM it to me.

The_Legion_Ex
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The_Legion_Ex » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:28 am

Got it.

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Werebeast

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:59 pm

Alex Black, The Golem Master
Name: Alex Black

Race: Caucasian

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Appearance: Long blonde hair with big solid blue eyes and a rounder face, she has three piercings to each ear, two lobes and industrials. Beyond that she stands at a perky 5'8" and 130lbs, she has creamy smooth skin and a wiry frame strapped with muscles build up over time of working and being made to exercise by her own golem. Her typical attire is a basic sweater and old cargo pants, sneakers and when she works with Vance she dons goggles and work gloves to get him settled. She's frankly very boring looking beyond the earrings because she's very much more about functionality rather than the prospect of looking pretty.

Sometimes though, she can be seen in pretty flowy dresses because she's out with Vance and enjoying just not having to worry about maintaining him as much as when they're out doing something dangerous.

Personality: Alex is not sociable and doesn't really like actual people, hence why she enjoys Vance so much more. She can be as silent as he is but is required to be the mouthpiece when people start asking questions, while she loves her friends there's only two of them and that's all beyond Vance and her family that she goes out of her way to have any interaction. However she is typically very polite and to the point, not going on and on, most anything she has knowledge on relates back to what she does as her interests are very narrow beyond. there's so much to making intelligent design that she cannot breach that for much else int he way or entertainment or trivial knowledge. She doesn't get spooked easily and has a sense of good humor, though she's convinced people would like Vance more than her if he could actually talk.

In spite of all of this, she'll work to protect others, she's just not going to stick around and chat it up over what she does. She and Vance have already proven they're ready and willing to help out when need be, she doesn't need to go on gallivanting about town screaming she's a do gooder.

Background: Alex's story starts well over 100 years ago, with how her family inherited the trait of golemancy through some kind of old totem her great grandfather had gotten in Jerusalem. He found it odd since it was supposedly an idol in the holy city but he bought it anyways. The totem in turn turned out to be a small golem that had managed to find his way tot he stall and present himself as a statue. The golem was smart enough to try and make the great grandfather understand what it was, but dumb enough it couldn't write anything.

The disconnect ended when Alex's great grandfather made the golem a friend, but since it would not come alive the living golem acted sad, the great grandfather felt bad and kept repeating and kneading at his creation that he should wake up to play and enjoy life. It took hours of different phrases, different ways to feel on the new golem's body and a break down of he great grandfather's skepticism until the small clay man opened a set of hollowed out eyes and looked around. Upon seeing the golem come alive by great grandfather's hands the first one rejoiced and played with the new golem and danced about.

Over the next decades he would begin to refine his craft, and make golems for his son until his death, where upon her grandfather improved upon what his father did and began to make them out of other materials and tried to make them smarter. When he died Alex's father tried to make them bigger and stronger, smarter, and able to think in rudimentary ways so that they could learn and grow. While Alex's father is nowhere near dead, Alex took a turn at improving the design and thanks to her living in modern society, she began to take the logic of them being closer to robots than to little men. she designed them tasks to do, then began to add to those tasks, built their bodies stronger, and piecemeal each new iteration until just last year she had succeeded in making Vance. She's not done, not even close, but she knows Vance isn't perfect yet and wants to make him even better than ever.

As for Alex's personal life, she was homeschooled and spent most of her time switching between school studies and golem studies. she made very few friends, but the ones she did make she made creations for to show them why what she was studying as so cool. They accepted, and acknowledged it was indeed cool, and Alex has had two amazing friends since her preteen years, and wouldn't get rid of them for the world. they helped keep her motivated over all this time, helped her complete school work or dragged her out of the house to get fresh air and maybe get wasted at a high school part before crashing at one of their places to avoid her angered father. they encouraged her in ways her family could not and helped her to write a college thesis on alchemical design and the development of an artificial soul.

She is far from a genius, she only has the sense of that level of intellect regarding making and maintaining golems and designing golems. she does not have an interest in going to college but the paper was more of a proof of concept that maybe this sort of work could be used to help catapult the human race further along than ever before. It was tossed out as hogwash and hearsay, and Alex personally went tot he college and told them to shove it when the sun doesn't shine, that she'd just help show the world her own damn self. Within that time frame she perfected the Intelligence Matrix and the Soul Vessel.

A few months later, Vance was born, he was a perfect representation of the male form. All down to the most intimate parts, of course, Alex was nothing if not a perfectionist about her creations. He couldn't speak, but he could understand speech from the outset, once he was clothed and taught how to learn for himself Alex gave him a few weeks to prepare. In those weeks he learned rudimentary social skills, how to perform sign language, how to understand spanish and french, and had begun on the road of other miscellaneous items as Alex began toting him about utilizing him as what he was designed for. The perfect servant for a master, to which he fulfilled his role to the upteenth degree as it was what he wanted to do.

Alex makes a decent living selling her creations on the occult market, while her customer base is razor thin they are wiling to spend optimum levels of cash in order to have mastercraft level workmanship. While she is not such a thing her father helping her is enough to convince most people. She would never make something like Vance for anyone else, too much power, but she will certainly make essentially little robots able to be programmer with basic tasks useful to the more outlandish community members. Between herself and her father's work they are able to split the profits to support themselves and their lifestyle, which is just fine with them they don't have to go overboard so long as they can keep building.

Abilities: Alex holds the skillset of Golemancy, imparting spiritual and magical energies into automatons that serve her faithfully with purpose. The range of the capabilities that each of her automatons has is directly tied to the skill of the Master. The art is halfway between low tier reality manipulation and proficiency in anatomy of whatever it is you're building. Golemancy takes willpower, belief that you can do the impossible, and the capability to make it stable and sustainable to a new life inhabiting the vessel. The more willpower and belief you have, and the better you are at making the vessel, the stronger the creation becomes as you impart more and more energies within it to strength its ties to the world.

In other words, it's giving a soul to a lifeless vessel, and authenticating that it is indeed alive by allowing it to serve you faithfully. Alex has studied extensively in the records he family has kept in the family home back in Pennsylvania. Everything form obscure witchcraft to proper transmutation and the effects of how metal is smithed. All of which just relates back to perfecting golem design, from how to make the arms and legs into reinforced alloys, to creating an artificial brain and soul casing. It is through this accumulate knowledge she managed to make Vance, and it is via this knowledge she plans to expand upon what he is truly capable of and make him perfect.

Equipment: Golem Field Maintenance Kit, A tactical backpack means she's got everything she needs to spot check and repair Vance until she can either get a temporary workshop set up or bring him back home for repairs. She's carrying with at least thirty pounds of gear at any given time, it's serious to make sure she has everything she needs to fix Vance up. She does not carry sensitive equipment as it can become damaged easily, if she does it's in a very specific carrying case not held to her person she cans tore in a safe place beforehand. Otherwise it's things like wrenches, scalpel, screwdriver, ley splitter, pry bar, soul resonance attunement device. You know, normal stuff you pack up to handle your creation.

If it's something you've never heard of, chances are that's because it's a proprietary device invented by the Black family over their century of time designing and making golems. Hell all the knowledge Alex has is held within the family home in Pennsylvania and that also means how to actually create or find these exotic devices that she can't just order online. She also does not like to use mass produced tools, so even her wrenches and screwdrivers are custom build for what she does with them. It's very expensive but then, well, who really cares about the money when it relates to making masterpieces. Alex is very tight lipped about what her most extreme devices do, can't give out information on how to create a living being to anyone.

Before anyone tried to think they can just storm the house to copy the equipment and make their own golems, it's booby trapped to detonate if non Black family members enter. the family is very serious about never allowing the craft to be taken up by non members. Especially in the case of governmental bodies.

Weaknesses: She's a normal human, can be harmed like any human, she has no known allergies and is not especially capable of dealing with pain or discomfort well. However harming her is inadvisable while Vance is still actionable, as an angry flaming golem can seriously mess up someone's day. Otherwise she's a flawed human with exploitable weaknesses of being a nineteen year old and normal woman.

Vance Black, The Cat Loving Automaton
Name: Vance Black

Race: Automaton/Golem

Appearance: A six foot six inch imposing figure that was once the prime pinnacle of what the 'perfect human male' looked like. Massive broad shoulders, a perfect pelvic v, abs of steel and pecs to coincide, with thighs like tree trunks. All of this being packed into typical clothing and him being seen as any kind of normal human being except essentially a perfect representation. A lot of that is still remaining, the size and the general form hasn't gone away but the normalcy aspect had. Vance is now a flaming monstrosity wrapped up in a specially woven fabric hoodie, gloves, sneakers, and jeans. His face is just his skull casing that he stares blankly out of. Vance is wreathed in arcane fire that he cannot control very intelligently so instead it's under suppression, this keeps him at the level of being a only about twenty degrees warmer than a typical human and a perfect nesting spot for cats.

Don't let the expressionless hooded terror fool you. Vance can see you, he can hear you, and he has feelings dammit so don't just gawk. Alex is able to read Vance fairly well int he way his body language changes but most others cannot make any sense out of him as the movement is almost non-existent. He just stares blankly and very still. the Fire is of a teal and white tint and does not reach beyond his clothing and form, you will not get burned up by him being around you but you may be in slight discomfort. Vance weighs a heavy amount at two hundred and eighty five pounds, however this does not impact the speed at which he can move.

Personality: Vance is actually a very sweet man, and yes he does not like to be referred to as an it or anything other designation other than being called a man or a him. Far as Vance is concerned he's just as human as humanity because his master designed him in a way that would allow him to be a format of human even if he was functionally not so. He's very gentle and has a supreme soft spot for cats, they as an obsession for him to the point he regularly is found buried under many stray cats huddled to him for warmth and snuggles, where he remains until Alex finds him or he needs to feed them more food. Vance's mind for cats knows no limitations as to how much he desires to be with them at all times, but he can override this when Alex needs him and only when Alex needs him.

How he treats Alex is a mixed bag, she is the Master but she is also a lazy and decidedly obtuse woman that Vance knows better than to let her have her way at every junction. Vance is the responsible one of the two and ensures that all of Alex's self maintenance is accomplished no matter how much she hates him for not following her command to stand down. As Vance sees it, that's detrimental to her health and thus not advisable so he ignores her. Vance will not typically communicate clearly with others, he finds that this is both because they wouldn't understand if he tried and also because it's fun not to talk to humans and make them wonder about the enigma. He's smart but he can also be a bit of a troll when he wants to be, he is still leagues more mature than his creator however.

Background: Vance is also known as The Homunculus by members of Alex's family as he does not quite fit the golem nature that they had spent their lives studying and crafting around. Vances was born with intellect, morality, a soul for his own and the body of what could pass as human though it was built with magic and alchemical bonds. He's an experiment and he knows it, but he also knows he is his own person and the person that Alex Trusts most. This is how it has been for his entire year of life. Vance was born into this world when Alex perfected her studies in her mid teens and began to perfect each section of her greatest marvel. When all the parts finally came together, and a soul was forged into him he was already at the level of intellect of a fully mature adult, and knew his purpose form deep within the wellspring of his being.

He was made to fulfill Alex's desire; to be her guardian and her intimacy n a way so that she had someone to cling on to to care about. Vance has since fulfilled these purposes by protecting her, and growing as a person in general. Vance began enjoying cats and adopting strays within a few months and has continued his trend of adoption and feeds them and plays with them whenever he is not with Alex. Thankfully she made specific constructs that will provide the services of feeding to the cats when he cannot be there to do so but she has not yet created another automaton in order to love them as he does.

During an altercation with a caster of arcane fire immolating himself and robbing a bank, Vance attacked the man and absorbed his fiery strength int he process. He lost his skin and has now become more like a walking and buff flaming skeleton in street clothes, however Alex seems nonplussed and thus it is of no concern and allows him to be even stronger for her and prove he can get stronger and stronger. It also lets him warms the cats on colder days, and that's always a good thing.

Abilities: Arcane Durability, due to the fact he got into that fight with the magical fire man, he has gained a whole new level of defensive measures over his existing form in the way of a semi-intangible flame body combining with his already arcane attuned core self. This amplifies his already serious polymer alloy and reinforced superstructure and makes it possible for him to resist high pressure, and high impact attacks outside of anti-materiel style weaponry or energy weapons that can destabilize the harmony of his body.

Golem Strength, max lifting weight is half a ton, so it's possible for the world's strongest men to maybe approach and he's most assuredly going to flounder against superhumans with greater magnitudes of strength. But that's not what he was built for, his hitting strength still will feel like all the energy of a car collision but compacted into the size of a humanoid fist. His kicks still pack enough of a punch to reliably put a dent in lighter steel plating and pulverize a certain level of concrete. Again, it is not his main function, so he's really not built to always fight above his station, rather he's strong enough and durable enough to maintain his primary function of keeping Alex safe and that's good enough for him.

Olympic Level Speed, Vance did not become some kind of ultra fast entity upon creation. however without any physical limitations to slow him down he can accelerate to the fastest of human achievement in speed without having to rest of slow down. He can't break pas the limitations of what his humanoid form can reliably output, but it's enough that no normal human will ever be able to outpace him no matter how hard they try, which means he's that much more efficient with his end goal of protecting his Master.

Empathetic Link, he is linked to the life force of Alex, when the life force is put in danger or he feels her begin to panic or worry he is automatically making the call to return to her and ensure no harm comes to her. It's limited in that they cannot share messages coherently through emotion but sophisticated enough that Vance understands what the difference is between surprise and panic.

Perceptive Intellect, maybe not the most notable, but he has higher than the average human level of human intelligence and empathetic understanding in order to appear more human like and understand the state of the world he exists in. He's not some genius level robot that can make thousands of calculations, but he's able to differentiate between right and wrong moral choices and to read into the psychology of humans burdened with biological input over simply existing. He has the ability to make complex and complicated decisions on his own without being fed responses, and he can learn, at an accelerated rate to that of humans because his 'brain' doesn't have to shoulder more of its functions into keeping his body alive all the time.

Indomitable, Vance's behaviors and willpower are forged directly into his soul, at the core is the main component of emotion and drive that brought him into this world and is the key directive that cannot be overridden without first destroying all that Vance is and starting over. That duty is to serve Alex forever after, as is imprinted within his core. This becomes stronger the more power Vance consumes, and as he already had the arcane fire it has helped to galvanize this resolve further to its present form. Vance will be nothing more than a husk before he harms his Master.

Equipment: None, while he can use tools and such in a confused and improvised way he has no real combat expertise so he has no need for equipment.

Weaknesses: Alex being hurt cause shim great emotional pain and sends him into a massive rage, this may be exploitable by the wary minded with more practical battle strength. Otherwise hitting his core vessel under all the protections of his body will destroy who Vance is and effectively kill him. Damaging his head will impair his intelligence, though not entirely destroy it as it's not kept completely in the head. Otherwise hit him in his joints where he's weakest like any other humanoid, though it's good ot be careful as he may exploit this and drag you down with his massive strength.
Credit to Sammy and Nicodemus; one created my set for me, the other drew the source image as a request.
Thank You Both!

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:08 pm

They look great, Skummy! Approved!

Raptorman
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Mage

Post by Raptorman » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:30 am

And my first character is now set up Nin. Because of my difficulties incorporating it into the sheet itself, Rootbeer. I read the rules.

Name: Vorian von Traupitz, The Good Doctor, Director of the Abteilung Der Vollkommenheit, Acting Führer

Race: Human

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Appearance: Vorian is not a particularly impressive specimen physically. His average 5 feet 10 inch height is thin but not muscular by any means. His hair is pale blonde and rather short and his face is slightly rounded with faded blue-grey eyes and a rather thin lipped mouth. His skin is quite pale and in some places marked by old long faded scars. As the Good Doctor Vorian dons his signature mask, created to his exact specifications nearly a hundred years ago. It in truth has some resemblance to a helmet rather than a mask and covers the entirety of his head. It has a total of 6 visor slits that glow red, there are three of these visor slits in front of each of his eyes. The mask itself is matte black in color though there are a few silver lines that mar the perfection of the paint, presumably from impacts over the years. He also wears a version of the uniform that was created for him during the second world war. It has some resemblance to a dress uniform of the time and has an officers cape that reaches the floor. It is in the colors of the Nazi regime though there is no swastika emblazoned upon it. Instead there are six red slanted lines, the symbol of the Abteilung Der Vollkommenheit. Despite the antiquated appearance of the uniform it is actually extremely durable and armored, as well as covering sophisticated life support systems that allow him to function.

Personality: Vorian is a psychopath, one with a behavior complex akin to a savior complex. He genuinely believes that his cause of perfecting humanity is worth any sacrifice and that the rules and regulations of the world at large do not apply to him or his works. He is a perfectionist and a super genius and has a slight tendency to believing himself superior to those he interacts with unless they have proven themselves worth adversaries or otherwise demonstrated their intelligence. Vorian on the whole also sees other people as pieces that must be manipulated to produce the desired outcomes. There are some noteworthy exceptions to this general view. These include people such as his consistent heroic rivals, a few of his closest subordinates and his daughter. His daughter incidentally is one of the view individuals for which he has genuine affection. It is this affection for her that has led to his willingness to recognize his flaws as a parental figure which has led to her not being raised by him and his lack of efforts to recover her.

Background:

Vorian von Trauptiz was born in 1887 to German nobility. His childhood was largely uneventful and his parents were largely absentee allowing him free reign over his time and the freedom to choose his own activities. Among these activities were some that likely could have been a warning to more aware parents. His interest in disease and death, his tendency to take things and animals apart in order to figure out how they worked, and other macabre activities.

Upon reaching the appropriate age Vorian attended a prestigious school of higher education in Berlin and had great successes there. His intelligence and abilities allowed him to vastly outstrip his peers and fellow academics and his work would attract attention from the Imperial German government of the time. What would later become his trademark name and one reviled across the world, The Good Doctor, was originally a code name assigned to him out of irony as his work was largely focused on ways to kill and inflict terrible suffering upon others with an array of deadly compounds.

The Good Doctor's creations would first be deployed in WW1 where they were used to great effect at times and he first took a direct role in some of the initial deployments. His operations expanded during the war and he was given access to prisoners of war to experiment upon. While a boon to his research it would prove to be less beneficial to his own health as he was wounded in a riot of the captives. This would mark the beginning of his reliance upon his masks and life support apparatus.

During the time between the fall of Imperial Germany and the rise of the NAZI regime the Good Doctor's resources were significantly reduced but he continued his work with the funding he had available. Following the rise of the NAZI party in 1933 all old facilities and projects were reviewed, and this included his own. Hitler was most intrigued with the Good Doctor's work and immediately allocated resources to the man, tasking him with creating wonder weapons of war and also perfecting humanity so that his dream of the flawless Aryan race could be fulfilled.

The Good Doctor was more than happy to oblige. During the build up to WW2 the Good Doctor's star continued to rise, and the Abtieling Der Vollkommenheit (Order of Perfection) or AV as it came to be known was created with him at the head. The AV was to remain a highly clandestine and classified secret of the NAZI regime until the outbreak of WW2.

During the course of WW2 the Good Doctor and the AV would play a large role. The militant elements of the AV were frequently deployed to assist in battles and the Good Doctor himself took to the field on occasion to deploy some of his most heinous weapons against their enemies. Ultimately however through the intervention of superhumans on the Allied side as well the Good Doctor's efforts were not sufficient to allow for German victory. Chief among the Allied heroes who countered him was the woman who was known as Lady Liberty, and who has ever been the Good Doctor's greatest nemesis. It was she who ultimately defeated him in the depths of Die Zitadelle and who left him for dead there, impaled upon the wreckage.

But the Good Doctor would survive, his indomitable will sustaining him long enough to perform emergency care and surgery upon himself, and a few remaining members of the AV assisted their leader in making his escape. In the years since the fall of the NAZI regime the Good Doctor and the AV have reappeared many times, continuing the quest to perfect humanity and bring the world under the leadership of the perfected.

Abilities:

Immunity to Environmental Effects: The Good Doctor is immune to any toxin or compound devised by god or man. He cannot become intoxicated, irradiated, infected, or effected in any way by things that are not a part of his own body. He is also immune to medication which means he cannot take pain killers or the like.

Intuitive Insight: The Good Doctor is able to make leaps of incredible insight through superhuman levels of observation of details. This allows him to progress far faster than a normal scientist in the creation of his assorted inventions and projects. It also allows him to be extremely effective at reading people and predicting their actions and movements which can aid him in combat. Further his ability to intuit functions and the like makes him quite effective at figuring out what something is and what it does.

Indomitable Will: The Good Doctor has a truly staggering will. He is nigh impossible to dominate mentally or to control through psionics, he also has demonstrated a remarkable level of pain tolerance and ability to function despite injuries that would have put a normal person into shock or outright killed.

Immortality: The Good Doctor does not physically age past his prime. This does not keep him from sustaining injuries and will not stop him from dying from injuries.

Equipment:

Personal Equipment:
The Good Doctor's standard arsenal includes his vibroblade sword, his plasma pistol, his mask which provides him with a life support system and feeds him the necessary amount of oxygen to allow him to function despite his ravaged lungs, a significant assortment of compounds that can be used to deal with many things such as extremely powerful acids deadly gases and an assortment of grenades, a number of other gadgets and his powered exosuit. The exosuit is actually worn beneath his uniform and serves to augment his physical abilities. It enables him to be stronger, faster, and more resilient than a normal human and when combined with his own insights and observation along with processing speed allows him to respond according even to things with extreme speed.

Giester des Krieges Squad: The Good Doctor is also typically accompanied by a detachment of the Giester des Krieges, or Ghosts of War, the elite among the AV's combat personnel. Each member of this elite group is well trained, well equipped and fanatical, willing to die without a second thought for the cause. The Giester des Krieges are all equipped with powered armor that makes them highly resistant to environmental hazards, augments their strength and durability, and armed with an array of advanced energy weapons. Their armor also contains a back-up imprint of their personalities and should the men and women die the armor can continue to operate itself with some effectiveness, thus giving rise to their name, the ghosts of war.

Lieutenant: The Good Doctor is also frequently accompanied by his loyal long time protector Reinhardt Schliemann. A hulking brute of a man, Reinhardt has great strength, endurance, and durability and possesses a superhuman healing factor that allows him to regenerate from even dire wounds in moments and regrow limbs as well. Similarly to the Good Doctor and others in the AV he is armed with potent weaponry and advanced technology.

Weaknesses:

Endurance: The Good Doctor's endurance is terrible, he has only half a functional lung and even the life support equipment in his mask and gear can only compensate so much for it. Even with his gear he only has some 3 minutes of really intensive activity before he is exhausted. Examples of intensive activity would include boxing or being fully engaged in a combative melee with no capacity for pacing oneself.

Human Frailty: The Good Doctor is only human, and he is no more difficult to physically injure than any other human without his armor or protective gear.

Raptorman
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Mage

Post by Raptorman » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:59 am

Second sheet. As before, Rootbeer. Also as with the Good Doctor's sheet this sheet condenses a significantly longer backstory into the cliffnotes version.

Name: Richard Fry, Mothman

Race: Human

Appearance: Richard Fry is a 6'3 tall, well built and extremely fit man in his early forties. He has pale skin, short blonde hair, and blue eyes. His features are generally regarded as handsome. A close examination would reveal that he has a host of old scars and blemishes from injuries suffered throughout his life. However he rarely wears clothing that reveals much and his face has somehow managed to escape the injuries that most of his body parts are marked by. He also typically wears glasses.

As the Mothman he dons his signature costume. First is a padded body suit,then a second armored suit that covers the first, multiple layers of graphene and other materials interwoven to create it. Finally the outer layer that contributes to actual aesthetics of the costume. The appearance of the Mothman is generally humanoid though the outer layer of the suit is an iridescent blue/black when stealth coloring is not in use and gives the illusion of an exoskeleton. A set of four struts can extend and retract from the upper and lower portions of the back of the suit and when fully expanded give the illusion of wings. These wings like the rest of the suit can actively change colors, one of the most frequently used is a pulsing array of colors designed to disorient and daze those witnessing it. The headpiece is designed to look like a moth's with large eyes and a pair of fluffy seeming antenna.

Personality: Richard is a man with many elements to him. He is a genuine believer that people should work to make the world a better place and has a vehement desire to ensure the good he brings into the world outweighs the bad that he brings into it. At the same time he understands and can empathize with the urges that drive many people to commit crimes and act in ways that are considered evil or criminal and is by no means perfect himself. He will work with villains or criminals when necessary, particularly to combat those things he sees as greater evils. He is highly intelligent and an extremely detail oriented planner who has historically come up with plans that are steps ahead of others or exploit situations in ways that people do not see coming. He has some level of surface charm and can put on a decent show in that regard but this is not his forte and unfortunately he is not particularly charismatic and with prolonged interaction often comes off as aloof and manipulative given his tendencies. Still he is well regarded by his comrades for his skills and commitment to the cause as well as his experience and planning abilities.

Background: Richard Fry always believed he was destined for something. In his youth he led a seemingly charmed life in certain ways. To a certain extent things that he wanted or desired to have happen seemed to occur. Nothing world shattering, but when he envisioned the school bully tripping over his own feet and then seconds later it happened as he had envisioned it, and similar other occurrences, he began to take notice. Much to his chagrin when he looks back at his youth he abused his abilities and used them not just for his own personal gain but to the detriment of others who did not deserve his malignant interventions.

Ultimately the mistakes of childhood and youth proved to primarily be just that and upon reaching maturity and after some significant soul searching he determined what his path was to be. A series of final self indulgent uses of his power later had Richard a very very wealthy man. With assets firmly in hand and a cause he set out to fulfill his purpose in the world. Years of training and preparation, as well as utilizing his financial resources to obtain the necessary infrastructure eventually ushered in the arrival of the Mothman.

The process of becoming a hero of renown was a long one in which he battled against many villainous foes and many criminal forces. He has long been an intractable foe to the Cancer and his Syndicate of super powered villains; has joined forces with other great heroes such as Lady Liberty, Colonel Ironsides (Before senility and sheer age forced him to retire), Mirroshard, the Porcelain Queen and her legion (Before she went rogue and began her crusade to exterminate terrorism), Archangel, and the Harbinger; and is one of the founding members of the current iteration of the Hero Guild. His career as a hero has also been notable for his willingness to extend mercy and the understanding that he shows to those who have taken a bad path and yet can correct it. Many first time criminals and the like have an encounter with the Mothman and then decide that the path of crime really wasn't for them.

Abilities:

Probability Manipulation: Mothman's only true superpower. He has the ability to manipulate the chances of things happening. The more likely something is to happen already and the smaller scale it is, the simpler and easier it is for him to manipulate it. This power requires him to consciously attempt to influence the chances of things occurring, and takes a toll on him when he uses it. Overuse or pushing himself too far leads to headaches, nose bleeds, and eventually could result in permanent brain damage or death. The more he understands what he is working to manipulate the less toll it takes on him.

Martial Arts Skill: Mothman is trained in a significant number of martial arts and has worked and studied hard to reach a level of mastery in them. This is a field in which he continues to work and train, for it is impossible to ever learn them all.

Peak Human: Training, a vigorous work ethic, and other elements combine to make the Mothman as physically fit and honed as it is possible to be without the possession of actual super powers.

Encyclopedic Knowledge: While not actually an encyclopedia Mothman does have at least rudimentary knowledge in a vast array of subjects and fields. Part of this is to better enable him to use his manipulative powers as things he understands are easier to influence, part of it is a genuine interest.

Equipment:

Moth-Stuff: Mothman has a wide array of specialty vehicles and equipment. Some of which were financed by his own wealth, some of which were created through cooperation with Archangel. These vehicles include the Mothmobile, Mothjet, and Mothblimp (Yes there is a blimp), and others. He also has an impressive secret base from which he conducts his operations.

Suit: Mothman's suit is armored, nigh bulletproof, can filter out toxic gases, is capable of active camouflage, allows him to glide when the wings are extended, has multiple vision modes such as night vision and thermal vision, wrist mounted grappling guns, and more.

Assorted Gear: Mothman typically has a wide range of useful items on him including things like; Smoke bombs, explosives, several firearms, tasers, a wide array of items that can be useful in different situations.

Weaknesses:

Human frailty: For all his vaunted skill, his armored suit, his planning abilities, and mastery of combat styles, Mothman remains a human being and has the same weaknesses as all humans do.

Overplanned: Mothman's abilities to plan and set up situations from which he can emerge victorious even over those who are significantly more powerful than he is are legendary, but his skills there and ability to nudge things in the right direction to help his plans succeed lead to him being utterly shocked when things go awry. While he will have contingencies in place in many situations the failure of something in a way that he could not anticipate or foresee or the failure despite his stacking the odds can be significantly disruptive and leave him open.

FatalixTheFox
Newcomer
Newcomer
Location: The GranolaVerse, Providence of Sexy, Fluffytown, 54 Rutabega Way
Class: Thief

Post by FatalixTheFox » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:10 pm

Name: Aurora

Age: Physically, around 25. Aurora's Needle of God is an ageless artifact.

Gender: Aurora appears female, but lacks any striking feminine qualities besides a slender face and a small amount of curve. Aurora lacks any further endowments suggesting her gender.

Race: Aurora is not truly human, but appears to be in almost every way.

Alignment: True Neutral

Appearance: Aurora stands at a height of 5 feet 11 inches, making her tall for a woman of such a thin frame. She has pure black hair and deep purple eyes, suggesting an origin of not quite human nature. She sports a small nose, set over a thin pair of lips that never seem to smile, or for that matter frown, which is rounded out with a child-like face with a sharp shape to the chin. Aurora's hair is long and unkempt, constantly in a state of being ruffled and messy as though it's never been combed or brushed. She wears grey and black rags that are stitched together in a crude fashion in an attempt to barely cover her boyish figure with a thin pair of capri's and a long sleeved shirt with a conservative collar-line that obscures her entire torso. Upon close inspection, Aurora appears to be in a perpetual state of soil, covered in dirt and dust that poofs off in clouds whenever she pats at her clothing. When she moves, she does so almost mechanically, with jerky movements and clumsiness that suggests a severe lack of coordination and motor skills. This is disproven the moment that any conflict breaks out, as within an instant Aurora snaps from an awkward girl who struggles to maintain eye contact into a hardened athlete with the grace of a skilled gymnast and the coordination of a gifted Olympian.

Always in her hand is the jagged Needle of God, an unfinished shard of metal 4 feet long, with a thin handle at one end just long enough for one hand to grip the bottom of the otherwise sharp and unwieldy blade. Along just a single edge, from the tip all the way to the handle is a shining finished edge that appears to be razor thin at it's point. The rest of the sword's surface is pitted as if unwrought iron, complete with a jet black finish that provides no reflection. The Needle appears otherwise inconspicuously as a piece of raw iron that someone might have taken a grinder to one side of it. There is no wrapping on the hilt, no ornation of any kind to suggest it as a weapon besides it's pristine blade along one half of the blade.

Personality: Aurora is quiet, reserved, and sometimes bleakly emotionless. She appears to be only motivated by company, and seeks to be within the radius of the most friendly people possible. Beyond this, she seems to lack any semblance of a soul except in the brief moments when she clasps at people's hands like an adolescent girl with fervor. Her voice is flat, unaccented, and completely devoid of any expression except in the most heated moments. Despite all of this, however, Aurora does give off a warm feeling, accepting of anyone and anything vaguely capable of expressing interest in Aurora's companionship. No being, no matter how evil or benign, is beyond Aurora's attention to their every word and movement. She almost worships those close around her, and in her own special way, she watches over them with a placid, blank stare.

Background: Aurora's origins are unknown completely to any alive, even to her own self. As far as she knows, she's walked the earth since the dawn of society, and has only taken refuge in the hands of a few while the rest of the world rose and fell around her without any notice. She exists as a truly timeless individual who's only understanding of the passage of time relates to how it manipulates the fabric of space itself. She appears to be unmoved by waiting long periods of time, and appears to lack any understanding for the idea of mortality. She has, however, gained a slow understanding that after a long enough time, a human being does expire, and that only greatly presses upon her the importance of loving someone while they still live.

The truth is, Aurora is the manifestation of the soul of terribly ancient god that once shattered the universe's cohesion and fragmented it into the worlds we know today. This god was born of the void, and left behind only fragments of purely dense matter that exist now in the center of singularities. Aurora's form is given physicality due to the outreaching loneliness of this god's soul, so impossibly ancient that it's only will is to seek out others for comfort. In this way, Aurora is both old and young, in that she possesses the emotional complexity of a child, with the will of an ancient being so powerful his very manifestation wrought the universe asunder. The Needle is actually Aurora's body, with her "body" being a psychic form that exists merely to wield the blade and seek out friendship in equal capacity.

Abilities:

Psychic Form: Due to the nature of Aurora's manifestation, her powers operate in an altered fashion from a typical individual. For starters, Aurora cannot truly be killed, only put into a passive state where the sword regenerates it's willpower without any form manifested, something that can take up to several hundred years or longer depending on how badly Aurora is injured. The downside of this ability is that as Aurora takes damage, she loses her effect and willpower over the world. With enough blows, Aurora can be reduced to a state of being markedly less powerful than a normal human, given that she is frail in the body and lacks any true fighting expertise or talent. On the other hand, any wound Aurora takes sans a fatal one leaves her standing, without any apparent bodily harm. She can take a blow that would dismember her, and instead leave her with little more willpower than to sprint away to hide until the sword's power allows her to become skilled once more. One further thing this form grants her is the ability to perceive space around her differently: While Aurora has sight, she mostly relies on her sense of gravitation fields to see, which allows her to sense attacks and attackers of sufficient mass to alert her to their presence.

Gravitas: The Needle of God is a quantum linked object with infinite mass that can adjust it's gravity field so as to be less obtrusive than the center of a Black Hole. When activated, the Needle becomes so heavy that it can drag Aurora along with sheer momentum and make attacks against much heavier foes and still inflict damage. The infinite nature of it's density also ensures that the edge of the blade is permanently razor sharp, and combined with the mass of the blade allows Aurora to make staggering attacks against otherwise unassailable materials and enemies. Another benefit of the sword's ability to manipulate gravity is that it can be used to block attacks, fully negating the kinetic energy of a blow as though it struck an immovable object. The downside to this power is that Aurora must concentrate to utilize these abilities, which means that sufficient distraction can revert the blade to an unwieldy chunk of metal that weights only a small bit more than the average long sword.

Teleportation: Born of a God of Void, the Needle of God has one more power. The blade is so sharp and weighs so much that it can rend the very fabric of reality, giving it the ability to cut through space as we know it and open rifts into an infinite abyss of darkness and vacuum. Thankfully, due to the nature of wormholes, the holes Aurora cut seal themselves almost instantly upon her traveling through them, leaving only a shimmer of light that appears like the Aurora Borealis that Aurora takes her name from. Aurora can re-emerge anywhere within close proximity and at any vector, but only with the same velocity she had whenever she entered the portal. This teleportation is done instantaneously, and Aurora must reemerge within a few moments of her exit. There are real hazards to cutting space in this fashion. For one, it causes Aurora great strain, as Teleporting is her most draining power and can only be done whenever she has the focus to plot a path through space. While Aurora can theoretically teleport to spaces she cannot see, she does so at great risk as she lacks the knowledge of what she travels to and can risk entering into an occupied space, which almost instantly drains her of energy and shunts her to the nearest open space. While she can chain teleportation together, she cannot do so for very long, with both the frequency and distance of the teleportation lessening with each warp. This makes her an ideal one-on-one combatant, but taking on multiple enemies at once quickly drains her reserves and forces her to retreat.

Equipment: Aurora wears only the rags on her body and possesses only The Needle of God as her sole object of ownership. Or, perhaps it's the other way around?

Weaknesses: Aurora is a being manifested from a magical psychic field, and exists only on pure willpower. Therefore, any field that negates psychic energy causes her form to vanish instantly, leaving the Needle to clatter on the ground as a lifeless object. Her power is derived from the willpower of the Needle, which recharges gradually over time at a set rate. As Aurora takes hits, this willpower is lessened, weakening her ability to teleport and dampening her ability to fully manifest the full weight of the sword until her energy recharges. Aurora can be so severely wounded that she simply ceases to be, taking years, decades, perhaps centuries to regenerate the willpower to manifest the young girl. She seems unaware of this fact, however, and headlong charges into combat without any heed for her safety. While she does have a high amount of attack power, it regenerates at a set rate. It typically takes around a full day for Aurora to regenerate the energy it takes to recover from a blow that would normally incapacitate a normal human, but due to her woundless nature, she often exceeds this threshold and has been known to require months of recovery after more severe combat damage.

There is one absolutely glaring weakness that Aurora possesses that it should be mentioned as a stand-alone statement. Aurora seeks the company of others and takes rejection and loneliness harshly. If someone were to make her feel especially abandoned, her willpower lessens considerably and can leave her in weakened state until she recovers emotionally. This applies both ways, however, and a simple speech of empowerment can revitalize her energy and allow her to push past her normal ceiling to a limited extent.

Edit: Beer of root
The Great Vixen's blessings upon you, stranger.
The City of Othsis, a gritty dystopian adventure.