It's Writing Month!

Check out our One Stop Writing Shop!
Whether you're taking part in NaNo, or just looking to write more, there's something for everyone.

Scheduled Maintenance
06 Nov, 11:30pm MST - 07 Nov, 11:30pm MST
You may experience minor interruptions, but the site will remain active!

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

[Forum War IC]

The forum war was our first persona event

Moderator: The Game Master

Darkblade
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Necromancer

Re: [Forum War IC]

Post by Darkblade » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:50 am

Chibi’s eyes narrow as he watched the tall person, his lack of trust paying off again.
For he noted that this one was drawing something, a sneaky weapon most likely to attack his tall person.
Affirmation that he was correct to not trust the fellow was nice, but now they would need to do something about them.
His tall person wasn’t even paying attention, too easy to trust, they’d have to remember that later.
Leaping into action was the easy decision, and thus it was he literally did leap and swing his blade towards the face of this untrustworthy sneaky git.

“Bad! Bad! Bad! You bad!”

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Adventurer

Post by ThreadWeaver » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:51 am

The Thread Weaver lurched to one side as he was wrenched once more to an unfamiliar locale. His eyes fastened on the beast before him, one of those he knew as to be a general to Leviathan. Where Zera and Dove threw themselves at the foe whole-heartedly, he hung back; alert, wary, watching the whole of the room as best he could, trying not to miss the forest for the trees.

Nothing had been going right for them, he understood that. All they had done, all they had been doing, was react to the whims of another power. It did not sit well with him, despite the nature of the powers he himself served. They were dancing in the palm of something else's hand, and he would stand for it no longer.

And so when another of the generals appeared before them after the ground swallowed up Zera and her foe, the Thread Weaver scowled and drew his daggers.

"We do not need your help. We are perfectly capable of finding and rescuing Gideon without you. Probably better off without you, to be perfectly honest."

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:01 am

Gideon wrote:
Antaric wrote:
Fire flared as Shadow reached seemingly instinctively for his blade but Sammy quickly suppressed it as best she could as the towering figure relaxed at the Seer's touch. It continued to flicker softly just beneath the surface, as if willing one of the creatures to make a wrong move. Sammy softly exhaled and found herself, not for the first time, wondering if she couldn't keep this mysterious power-suppressing General as a pet. Though she was sure it was causing untold problems for everyone else, it really felt like something of a blessing to her, to have such a level of control.

"I think I have you to thank for that, Minotaur," she replied, offering him a smile "I think your information has given us all a fighting chance of leaving here with Gideon and... as many of us have made it this far," her thoughts turned to those that been gathered on the deck of the airship, friends and near strangers alike, hoping against hope that they'd all made it this far in one piece. "As long as we can get to this General before anyone else does, of course," she added, forcing herself to focus on the matter at hand. There was no time to worry about the others, she had to trust that they were all capable of taking care of themselves.

Sammy listened to the Seer explain both Shadow and Gideon's part in the whole mess, holding her tongue until it seemed that the Minotaur had finished his tale. It certainly explained why the Leviathan had come after Gideon and the Collective specifically and it could potentially explain why Filth and he had seemingly met before. She took a moment to wrap her head around everything she'd been told before she finally responded.

"Then we have to keep this General busy but far from death's door, at least until we know that Gideon is safe," she began, speaking as much to herself as to the others before she turned to address Shadow directly. "Once we know for sure that she's out of harm's way, I will do what I can to help you destroy him, in exchange for your assistance here today and for the help you offered Gideon when she escaped from this place," she smiled faintly. "Do we know which of the Generals we need to go after? Or where we find him? If he's about to make a move then we're short on time, we need to get to him before anyone else does."
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Shewolf13
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Paladin

Post by Shewolf13 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:12 pm

FatalixtheFox wrote:
DovesLove wrote:
Filth wrote:
ThreadWeaver wrote:
Gideon wrote:
Wolf's reaction when the crystal began to glow was to let out a yell. But before she could do anything, the glow surrounded them. Wolf could feel the energy encompass her body. It was a feeling that felt like being coated in a layer of oil or slime. Soon enough, however, the sensation ceased and they found themselves in another area. Before her eyes even had a chance to adjust the decreased brightness, her sensitive nose picked up on a scent. Her brain screamed out in denial and fury. She knew that scent... Even as her eyes grew accustomed to the light levels, her brain processed the scent. Gideon... Gideon... but there was something beneath it. An almost rotten smell lingered beneath it. Not a death smell. No, this was something entirely different but Wolf couldn't pinpoint it. Tears stung her eyes as her sight finally returned.

Now she could see the one in front of her. Vritra. One of the snake demons. A growl escaped from deep within her chest, but before she could do anything, Zerasan attacked, helped by the dragon. "Wait!" Wolf growled. But it was too late. Zera closed in with Vritra and the ground gave way beneath them, the two disappearing from their view and the hole closing up as if it had never been.

But they weren't alone long. As the shape seemed to materialize out of the floor, Wolf's hackles rose and her lip curled into a vicious snarl.
ThreadWeaver wrote:"We do not need your help. We are perfectly capable of finding and rescuing Gideon without you. Probably better off without you, to be perfectly honest."
Wolf stepped in front of him before he could move toward Baphomet. "No," she said softly. "Let me handle this." Her cloak flared into life around her, though it was even more diminished than it had been. She'd been using a great deal of energy since this had begun. Her dark dark eyes bore into Baphomet's. "You must think us fools to believe you without some show of trust. Believe me when I tell you that I want nothing more than to rip you limb from limb. You and your cohorts. But Gideon means more to me than any vengeance. However, I promise you this. I will listen to what you have to say. But if I don't like it, I'll kill you. Now, speak and remember that if you can't prove what you say, there will be no deal." Her words sounded calm, confident, but a part of her wondered if she had the energy left. Unless whatever it was that was dampening their abilities was lifted, she wasn't sure how long she'd last in a fight. She didn't trust Leviathan or his Generals. Perhaps she was just cynical. But there had to be some deeper game here. Where she came from, the Higher Gods, of which she had been one, had all jockeyed for position and could wait thousands, sometimes tens of thousands of years to get what they wanted. She flexed her hands, her cloak beginning to create claws. She'd be ready, regardless.
Thanks so much for the set, Sammy!
Hey guys! Check out the Roleplay Academy! where you can learn from an experienced RPer, help out those who need it, or just have some fun discussions related to RP ^^

Forge
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Warrior

Post by Forge » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:12 am

Cahal wrote:
GamerScribe wrote:
Gideon wrote: Gideon rolled awkward to face them both, her broken limbs bending in ways that they should normally be able to do and she cried out in pain. She looked up at them men and whimpered as GhostWriters book began to seek out her essence. “It is me, you fools,” she hissed at them from the floor, her voice strained and high pitched. “I’m warning you… Run, or else – “ then suddenly she began to scream. She was yanked up off the floor, violently and without warning, by some unseen force and hovered above them, her feet at head height. Her body began to shake horribly, as if she was caught in the mouth of some huge, invisible dog and she was a chew toy to be shaken into submission.

The small green sparks from Ghost’s book flickered around her as she was shaken and her body began to change, bending grotesquely and lengthening and changing colour. The body landed on the floor with a loud crash, kneeling on all fours before straightening up.

The digusting, haggard fallen Angel, Namaah, stood in front of them.

She shrieked an inhuman scream at them and opened her arms, palms facing towards the men, before flames shot out at Forge and Ghost, aimed at head height. She was about four metres away from them and it wouldn’t take long for those flames to fry their faces.
Forge saw the fireball coming and went backward, throwing himself onto his back to hard that the impact drove his teeth together and made him wince. The gout of flame seared overhead, sucking the moisture from the air and turnind it arid. For a moment his lungs protested, and he forced himself to avoid gulping down air that was foul with lingering smoke. Within a moment fresher air had rushed in to fill the gap and the swordsman leapt to his feet as quickly as he dared, taking slow, even breaths.

He couldn't see Scribe. In fairness, he could see much of anything - the glare of the fireball had flash-blinded him, his eyes filled with spots of darkness that he instinctively wanted to blink free. Coupled with the dim light of the Keep he couldn't quite tell what damage Namaah had done with her initial assault, though he'd pegged that there were only two fireballs. At the very least one of his companions should have survived.

"Clever trick," he called, mentally kicking himself for the stupidity of the tactic. The swordsman began to walk, continuing at the angle he'd been moving, slowly moving toward Namaah's right. If she was looking at him, she wasn't look at anyone else, right? "Lure us in with the idea of a wounded ally and take us out in one move, right? It's good - didn't expect it after the creatures we fought outside. Came pretty close, too."

He kept the sword angled down and his other hand out, palm open, an unthreatening gesture. There was no confusion, he knew someone would have to die eventually, but he figured the odds of being set on fire dropped proportionate to how likely she thought he was to attack. Quietly he reached out, feeling for her essence, half hoping that he'd find some extra power to siphon off. After a moment he recoiled internally, a slither of tension breaking across his otherwise calm face. The general felt.. corrupted. Like oil mixed in with water. Two intrinsically different aspects, but stirred together so much so that you'd never be able to drink it.

"So, which one are you?" Forge came to a stop, as far to Namaah's right as he could go without putting himself in a corner. "You don't feel like the others. I don't think you were always as monstrous as the rest." He flashed a grin, all teeth and no mirth, like a wolf whose hackles were up. "Don't suppose I could appeal to your better nature and we can just call this quits before one of us has to die? No?"
Remember to vote for RPGC!

FatalixTheFox
Newcomer
Newcomer
Location: The GranolaVerse, Providence of Sexy, Fluffytown, 54 Rutabega Way
Class: Thief

Post by FatalixTheFox » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:39 am

The Fox, having ridden on top of the dragon's head this whole time, finally stuck his little muzzle out from underneath the hat that floated mysteriously above her head. As he came into physical being, he took account of his surroundings and made some notes.

"Hey! I know you're not on our side or anything, but do you want some snacks?" He shouted over Wolf's shoulder to the being, holding up a big bag of munchies. Ignoring any response the creature might have given, he shoved Dove's mouth open with his paws and poured the tasty granola into her mouth, closing her mouth again and manually moving her jaw up and down, forcing her to chew.

"Snacks are good for you. The Great Vixen says you should get a good, healthy breakfast every day. I'd like to think I do pretty well: I have 3 breakfasts a day!" He said as he produced little baggies, pouring granola into each, humming as he did so, despite the apparent conditions. He pulled out a black marker, one of those chisel ones that are really thick, and began doodling on the bags. He took his time, and at one point cut his paw open and bled into one of the bags, the wound healing immediately as his fur matted over it. He stuffed a carton of Orange Juice in with each baggie, along with an apple and a little piece of hard candy, sealing each of them with a crisp roll to the top of the bag. He shouted out names as he tossed them to each of his team mates.

"Filth! You handsome hunk, you! And Darling, I didn't forget about you. Here you go, Thread, there's some extra magic in that one, just in case you're a magical construct." He looked about, and then craned his neck over to the hole Zera fell down.

"Zera! I have you your lunch up here, Just come up and get it! Oh, and Wolf, I've got yours here. Don't wanna toss it willy-nilly when you've got your cloakie-thing on. That might end badly. You can get it when you're ready!" He stuffed the packed lunches in his bag, then he inspected the hole Zera had fallen down.

"If you need help, I'm sure we can arrange something, you know." He said to her, his voice echoing.
The Great Vixen's blessings upon you, stranger.
The City of Othsis, a gritty dystopian adventure.

Filth
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Filth » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:35 pm

The vampires gone, a voice said somewhere in Filth's mind.

We should eat her when this is over, said another.
Shewolf13 wrote:"You must think us fools to believe you without some show of trust. Believe me when I tell you that I want nothing more than to rip you limb from limb. You and your cohorts. But Gideon means more to me than any vengeance. However, I promise you this. I will listen to what you have to say. But if I don't like it, I'll kill you. Now, speak and remember that if you can't prove what you say, there will be no deal."
Get up, we've work to do came yet another.

"Shut up, all of you!" Filth shouted and in one motion went from a sitting position to lunging past Wolf, arms once again armored up to his shoulders, with his right arm taking the shape of a massive blade. He stopped just short of plunging the blades through the demon's chest. The voices in his head screamed in unison and outrage at show of resistance. Every inch of Filth's body seemed to shake, struggling to hold back.

"We're going to kill you no matter what the next words out of your mouth are." Filth snarled the words, a droplet of black liquid appearing at the corner of his mouth and from his nostrils. "Bring her to me or just tell us where to find that snake bitch, so we can chew whatever passes as your kidneys and be on our way."

FatalixtheFox wrote:
DovesLove wrote:
ThreadWeaver wrote:
Gideon wrote:

Lida Liadon
Scout
Scout
Class: Werebeast

Post by Lida Liadon » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:09 pm

The smell of blood permeated the walls of the torture room, but despite this fact Lida forced the little fox through not stopping to look over the gruesome scene once more. Looking up back to the tower once more the little fox let out a heavy sigh and left. Lida could feel the exhaustion of controlling the little fox's body, he knew that the little fox's mind needed to be his own again if he was going to save his strength. Releasing his hold as the dominate mind the little fox became aware of his surroundings fully once more, and instantly hid behind a nearby statue worried about what had happened. Slowly the memories of what just transpired played in the fox's mind for him to know before the Lida spoke to him once more

"Little one we need to get down to the doors again, it was the last place we knew where other members of the collective are and Gideon is counting on us."

The little fox shook the fear from his mind and looked around the hall, the shock from what he had confused him and couldn't remember exactly where he had come from. Rather then dwell on this fact and little fox go an idea, he knew that this statue was where he needed to go so hiding behind it he developed an idea on how to find his way back to Gideon with help. Using his teeth he pulled some of his hair from his tail and put it behind the statue, only a few strands of his bright yellow fur, but more importantly it had the scent of Gideon's blood and that was a scent that he would be able to follow back to her. The little fox looked back up at the staircase once more and sat down in front of it, even covered in her scent the little fox shed one final tear for her before his tail went up in the air and he quickly ran away from the door leaving only a few strands of fur and a tear behind.

Walking down the hallway the little fox headed down the stairs at the end of the hall and began his slow trek down back to the foyer. Each step down was a small jump for him, but he used his wings to help keep himself from making too much noise, lest a guard catch him. Lida knew that the little fox was no use in a fight, at least not by himself. When he hit the last step of the stairs he looked out into the hallway and saw a nearby statue to hide behind. Pulling some more of the blood stained yellow fur from his tail and hid it behind this one as well. Looking down the hallway there stood a guard by the door that he came into the hallway from the floor below. The guard seemed bored but it was clear that he was standing there more out of fear of not preforming his job then anything else. The little fox knew that he needed to get by him but being seen would mean instant death and the fear kept him hidden behind the statue. Lida looked down the hallway as the little fox sat there frozen in fear. Looking for something to help him get past the guard but not draw attention that there was an intruder in the keep.

Lida's eye caught one of the skulls that hung on the wall just a few feet above the head of the guard, that was his way by, either by making it fall on him and knocking him out or if nothing else it distracting the man for long enough that the little fox could slip by. He judged the hallway on places that he could hide, just like many of the hallways in the keep there were statues and skulls and the little fox didn't like any of them and Lida knew that. He looked at the lighting in the hall, checking which statues seemed to be the darkest to help him sneak down eh hallway the quickest. After a few mins of carefully calculating a escape route in his head he figured out the best way to get the guard out of his path.

"Alright little one I will help you past this man and you just have to trust me, I won't let us be killed."[/]

As soon as he went to try to take over the fox's body a loud crash rung out into the keep and the guard gathered himself up, and in this moment Lida took his chance and flew quickly over to the skull on the wall, ignoring his plan for it was obvious that the man was distracted and he had a small moment of lament that he took so much time to plan out and to have none of it matter but he quickly banished the thought. Making it to the skull almost in seconds he pushed it off it's mount and it came crashing down on the guard's head, knocking his body to the floor. The little fox's body became his mind once more. He looked down at the guard who lay unconscious on the ground and a smile drew across his snout. He let himself fall onto the guards body and walked over it out of the hallway to the next sent of descending stairs. Hearing an inhuman shriek wiped the smile from him almost as quickly as it came. He quickly descended the stairs to get to his fellow members of the collective for fear they my die.

Forge wrote:

Cahal wrote:

GamerScribe wrote:

The little fox came down the final flight of stairs onto the room with an open door. The fox quickly came out of the room, trying to stay as hidden as a now dirty orange furred fox could. He stood on the gallery above the main foyer and looked down at the three men, but something was bothering him, he could feel a presence in the room but not place it. One of the men below spoke out; Trying to stay hidden the little fox's head became visible to the people below, but he said nothing for he knew that if he was brought into the fight that he would become a liability to them...or worse get them killed.

Shea
Scout
Scout

Post by Shea » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:17 pm

Chibi's alert spurred Shea to act, though she wasn't entirely taken aback. She swept the demon child up in a single action, her booted feet shuffling awkwardly as she forced him to the side, ramming him into the locked door. One arm against pressed his throat as her free hand clasped around his knife hand, and she pinned it up beside his head. She didn't look particularly surprised, her lips pursed more in irritation than anything, as part of her wished that, maybe for once, her foe actually would have co-operated.

"Took you long enough, kid," she muttered.

She stared into his grubby, wet face and cold abyssal eyes, and grimaced.

"What the hell are you, anyway?"

While her height and weight easily trumped his own, demons of all kinds had super human qualities; superior in both a physical capacity, and often a mental one. Human limits didn't often apply to them, though she could imagine the form he was currently possessing couldn't hold too much of that power. He was still tiny, but if he tried, she could still have a problem on her hands. She couldn't wrangle the knife from his grip just yet, but keeping him locked down for now would do. All she needed was a moment.

"Chibi, I need you to search him. He might have a key, or some other way to get us out of here. And hurry.. I have a feeling we won't have long."

Antaric
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Antaric » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:00 am

Forge wrote:
GamerScribe wrote:
Gideon wrote:
Cahal actually laughed whenever Forge mentioned that he would drink for a week straight if they got out of this. "Well, I might not be able to afford that, but I'd be glad to join ya nonetheless." He straightened himself up then, briefly glancing down at the large sword resting in his hand and the white blade that ran down the length of it. It still surprised him that the blade had not stained red with all the blood that he had spilt with it over the years. The sudden scream from Gideon had brought him back to the moments situation and he nearly started to run towards her, but the way she was contorting weirdly as if the woman was some chew toy being put through odd positions. He cursed under his breath at the sudden appearance of one of the Leviathan's people and brought his sword to bare in that moment as the fire rushed towards him. He swung the sword down to collide with the fire, but instead of what usually happened and the sword dispersing magic, it only briefly dispersed the ball of fire. He felt a searing pain flash across the left side of his face and could smell his flesh burning as he fell backwards, but he did not feel the floor as he landed.

He was soaring in the air the next moment, flying like the falcons he had watched when he was little. He realized the pain had vanished and only cold air brushed across his skin. He suddenly felt his flying being seized and he was forced down to the top of the keep where he saw the Leviathan standing and the body of Gideon beside of him. His eyes briefly glancing down below the Keep to see the rest of the Collective there, exhausted and helpless. His attention came back to Leviathan and he could see words being said, but no sound greeted his ears other than the thunder that was deafening above him. He looked up only to see lightning dashing violently through the black clouds. He felt a calling to them, his heart yearning to chase that lightning, but he turned his attention back to Leviathan and Gideon. Only, the scene was different. Leviathan had Gideon held up in the air with his hand tight around her neck. He wanted to scream stop, but he found his mouth did not work. Suddenly, with the thundering boom from the sky, he saw Gideon being thrown from atop of the Keep and he couldn't move to catch her before she hit the ground.

He suddenly gasped loudly and he sat back up where he fell before. The searing pain of burning flesh came back and he groaned and wanted to scream, but even through that he thought of what he had just saw. He felt like it was real, like deep in his soul, it had happened already or was happening. He couldn't explain it, and even though it felt alien, he knew he had to get up and had to get to the top of the Keep. He had to stop it. Through the pain, he rolled over and pushed himself up to his knees and then stumbled to his feet. He could barely open his left eye and he could tell that the fire had burned not only the flesh upon his face but partially up onto his hair and head. He saw Forge's position and he slowly began to make his way to the opposite side, his breathing deep and slow, pushing the pain to the back of his mind as best as he could.

"We need to finish this as quick as we can," he said loudly. He knew it wouldn't be easy, but if Forge was half as good as he thought and Scribe had his powers, then they could press their advantage of numbers.

Much thanks to Sammy for the set!

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Rogue

Post by Gideon » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:26 pm

Aya wrote:
Lamia hissed and slunk between the columns that held up the room. She had hoped that the snake would have been enough to take this one out. She was one of the leaders of the Collective, she knew, and Leviathan had trusted her with the task. She had thought the foot would throw the woman off and shake her resolve. She glared at Aya, unable to hide her disappointment and annoyance that her plans were thwarted. "You weren’t supposed to have that thing with you," she said, her chin jutting out at Ash’na. "That’s cheating." The fact that she had used a giant sea snake to attack Aya seemed to be okay in Lamia’s books. She recovered her smile. "It doesn’t matter. You will all be dead soon. Leviathan moves to strike."

Darkblade wrote:
Shea wrote:
Moloch hissed at Chibi as he swung his blade and dove away, straight into the grasp of Shea who slammed him against the door. He snarled, a deep, inhuman snarl that was so far removed from his size and appearance. It sounded like the noise of a great beast that was seriously displeased. When he spoke, the voice was deep and gravelly – two horrible stones, rubbing together. It was so deep and malevolent that it almost hurt the ears to hear it.
"What the hell are you anyway?"

He turned his black, vacant eyes on Shea, his head moving slowly. "We do not give our name," said about twelve different voices coming out of the childs mouth, causing a cacophony of horrible sounds. "You’re all going to die." Moloch’s mouth gaped open in a horrible, black, abyssal maw and black tentacles began pouring out to snake their way up Shea’s arms and reaching out towards Chibi.

Filth wrote:
Shewolf13 wrote:
ThreadWeaver wrote:
FatalixTheFox wrote:
DovesLove wrote:
Baphomet knelt a little and held his hands up, warding off their advances.
"We do not need your help. We are perfectly capable of finding and rescuing Gideon without you. Probably better off without you, to be perfectly honest."
"You must think us fools to believe you without some show of trust. Believe me when I tell you that I want nothing more than to rip you limb from limb. You and your cohorts. But Gideon means more to me than any vengeance. However, I promise you this. I will listen to what you have to say. But if I don't like it, I'll kill you. Now, speak and remember that if you can't prove what you say, there will be no deal."
"Shut up, all of you! We're going to kill you no matter what the next words out of your mouth are. Bring her to me or just tell us where to find that snake bitch, so we can chew whatever passes as your kidneys and be on our way."
"Please," he said, a greasy smile on his face. It was like he couldn’t help it though. "You all bring very excellent points to the table." He gestured to the black liquid, dripping from Filth’s mouth. "You’re drooling there a bit Filthy-poo," Baphomet said, familiarly and teasingly. "Guessing you still hold a grudge. That ain’t healthy you know." Baphomet disappeared and then reappeared again behind the group, slinking around them. "I can do one better though Filthy-pants. Lamia is otherwise occupied, dealing with another of your ilk. But I know where Gideon is," he said. "And I’ll take you to her." He held out a large crystal ball.

"Cliché, I know, but some of the old stories are true. Look into it. She’s laying outside of the Keep right now. Vritra threw her there when he finished with her. She mostly has her parts attached. Her regeneration abilities are excellent, but here, with the dampening effect in place until Moloch is killed… Oh dear I’ve said too much!" he finished dramatically, yet clearly not having made a mistake when revealing the name of the General who was causing this effect. "Oh well, perhaps you’ve have found out sooner or later. You being so clever and all." He gave a low chuckle and smirked, then shook the crystal again. "Look. You will see her there."

If the group trusted him enough to take the crystal ball from him, they would indeed see Gideon as she was, lying broken, bleeding and bruised about forty metres away from the door of the Keep. The minotaurs were all laying dead around her, as were any of the bodies of the ground dwelling and flying demons, exactly where they had left them. They were also, unfortunately, able to recognise some of their fellow members amongst the bodies laying on the ground. Those who had chosen to remain outside. Nothing out there moved for the longest time… Until Gideon stirred and rolled onto her side and tried to stand. The crystal clouded over…

Baphomet cackled. "I can take you there straight away…"

Cahal wrote:
Sammy wrote:
Shadow nodded. The Seer looked surprised. "You have been trusted with it, after everything you did last time." Shadow nodded once more. He drew his sword and began scrawling a name in the dirt.

Moloch…

The Seer looked up and nodded. "Do you know where he is?" Shadow nodded. "Alright. Lead on." Shadow cocked his head to one side. The Seer smiled. "You did not think I would be left behind did you? I wish to see this through to the end."

Shadow nodded and then turned to Sammy and Antaric. He offered a clawed and gauntleted hand to Sammy and a nod of camaraderie to Antaric.

Cahal wrote:
Forge wrote:
GamerScribe wrote:
LidaLiadon wrote:
Namaah watched Forge as he stalked. Her face did not change – it remained haggard, ugly and neutral. "Thank you for your kind words," she said. "I thought it quite ingenious myself."
"So, which one are you?" Forge came to a stop, as far to Namaah's right as he could go without putting himself in a corner.
She said nothing. She just watched.
"You don't feel like the others. I don't think you were always as monstrous as the rest." He flashed a grin, all teeth and no mirth, like a wolf whose hackles were up. "Don't suppose I could appeal to your better nature and we can just call this quits before one of us has to die? No?"
She still said nothing for some time. She slowly shook her head. "There is no better nature and there is no quitting. We will all die. Leviathan wishes it so. We will all die. But you will all die first."

Namaah watched coldly as Cahal fell to the ground. She knew exactly what it was that he was seeing. She had seen the same thing before. Though she had seen the ending of the vision. She gestured to Cahal.

"Ask him. He has seen it. He has seen her death. What follows, I have seen. You all die. We all die."

She looked up, her eyes focusing on Lida. "Even you."

Still, she did not attack. It was as if she was simply willing them to attack her.
Thank you for the set Filth
Please don't forget to vote here and here every day!

Darkblade
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Darkblade » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:09 am

Chibi was excited, this one believed they could kill Chibi. Laughable, and infuriating to be looked down upon by this brat thing. He wanted to break them, to make them into red paste so they could write a message to this Leviathan on just how foolish it was to challenge them with such a brat. The hard part would be doing that without killing his tall person in the process, he did after all get quite indiscriminate when the fun started.

“Chibi bash, Chibi break, Chibi kill!”

His plan was simple, dropping his blade he launched himself at the tentacles.
Chibi would then attempt to grab them, wishing to pull the thing inside the brat out.
Failing that well there was all that nice molten lava to swing the git into, would mean losing opportunity to rifle though their pockets.
But Chibi never was one to think that far ahead, he wanted to kill this thing for even suggesting it could beat chibi.

Antaric
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Antaric » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:02 am

Sammy wrote:
Gideon wrote:
Antaric was losing his power and quickly as him and Sammy went through the rooms, his body flickering in and out of visual perspective for Sammy. However, whenever they came across the Seer and Shadow, the drawing of the blade Shadow held caused a surge of vengeance and violent anger hit him like a brick wall and he manifested far more powerfully than he did previously. The look in his eyes, however, would tell them that he was fighting it inside to keep from hurting them all in that moment to the point that he could barely hear what was being said by the three of them. He was fighting inside because he knew that if that vengeance and anger took over then he wouldn't be able to stop himself and he would be lost. He had already hurt so many people in his life and of all things he did not want to hurt Sammy ever again.

As they found out the name of the General they had to stop before they were killed, a flash of jealously hit Antaric whenever Shadow reached his clawed gauntlet out for Sammy, but he was able to suppress that as anger began to bubble again. "I..." his voice stopped as he closed his eyes and a grimace passed across his features as he fought to control himself. "I... I'll do one thing for you Sammy, before I have to leave. If I don't, I'm going to lose this fight and I won't be able to stop from hurting everyone. I don't want to hurt you, the others can..." his body flickered in and out again.

"I'll find you again once this over, when I'm.... more stable. Should I inform... the others of which one not to kill before... I leave?" he asked as he looked fully upon Sammy again. To him, the rest of the world ceased and Shadow and the Seer vanished from his sight, leaving just her and that caused anger to flare up inside of him again, at himself more than anything.

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:41 am

Gideon wrote:
Cahal wrote:
"Moloch," Sammy muttered "Then we need to get to this Moloch before anyone else does or, at least, before anyone else has chance to kill him." She nodded, more to herself than to anyone else before turning her attention to Shadow. Smiling somewhat at the very human gesture, Sammy took his clawed hand and gave it a firm squeeze. It had certainly turned out to be a day of strange alliances. Though perhaps none more than the sudden and unexpected arrival of Antaric's ghost.
Cahal wrote:"I..." his voice stopped as he closed his eyes and a grimace passed across his features as he fought to control himself. "I... I'll do one thing for you Sammy, before I have to leave. If I don't, I'm going to lose this fight and I won't be able to stop from hurting everyone. I don't want to hurt you, the others can..."
Sammy simply nodded, faintly and found herself avoiding his gaze. This whole turn of events would have been difficult enough to deal with at the best of times but right now, in this moment, there was no time for her to allow herself to try and wrap her head around it. She didn't want to know what it was he was dealing with, what torment he was being forced to endure, even now. She couldn't know, not when so many lives were currently dependent on Moloch not being killed until the perfect moment.
Cahal wrote:"I'll find you again once this over, when I'm.... more stable. Should I inform... the others of which one not to kill before... I leave?" he asked as he looked fully upon Sammy again. To him, the rest of the world ceased and Shadow and the Seer vanished from his sight, leaving just her and that caused anger to flare up inside of him again, at himself more than anything.
"It's okay," Sammy replied, meeting his translucent gaze for just a fleeting moment "You go, do whatever it is you need to do. Shadow seems to know where we can find Moloch." She glanced at the Seer as he waited, patiently, for them to finish their exchange. "You be safe," she added, wincing at the awkwardness of saying that to a ghost of all things as she turned to follow her two new companions.
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:52 pm

Gideon wrote: As Ghostwriter, in his stolen body, made his way up the centre tunnel, he would have noticed that it began to slope upwards slightly and the passage became lighter. He emerged into a large cavern, which it seemed was the halfway point between the mountain and the Keep itself. The dirt path and walls gave way to a stone floor, and a twin of the giant, wooden and metal gates of the front of the Keep loomed up before Ghost. These gates were open, though and Ghost could see a platoon of snake-men milling around and the general Apophis. There were no more flying demons in this area, however. Searching his vessels chaotic mind, he was able to distinguish that the creature knew nothing about what lay beyond this area, that its kind were restricted to the cave from whence he had just came and the caves in the two other tunnels. The flying demons presence in this area would raise suspicion once he was seen, so Ghost had to think quickly about what he planned to do.
The spirit first took in the layout of the cavern while lurking in the connecting tunnel. It was a natural rock plateau about five feet wide linking the opposite rocky shelf where the large open gates were... obviously Ghost had no idea what it had stumbled in on. A fight with a platoon of snake men and their general, although certainly exciting, wasn't necessary... and it certainly wasn't the goal of why it had infiltrated this far to begin with. And while the possibility of being able to body snatch a general certainly could prove useful, the equal possibility of any one of these snake men being able to escape in the confusion and sound off a warning to others deeper in made it a risk not worth taking. Considering all this the best bet was to try sneaking in... and if it FUBAR'd then Ghost would fight as a plan B.

So how does one go about sneaking past a platoon of snake men over a small yet natural rock formation acting like a bridge in a huge open cave one might wonder. Well, you certainly don't do it by walking across said bridge right into the middle of them. Instead Ghost took to the wall and using the demons natural claws and climbing ability scaled up the shadowy walls high until it reached the ceiling, then began the trip across. Rarely did anyone ever look up in Ghost's experience, but if they did all they'd see would be the cold blooded dark cloaked demon quietly climbing through the darkness high above. No that was the easy part, the hard part would be getting through the gates unseen. The platoon was currently focusing its attention on whatever the general was saying, so the only real difficulty would be waiting for an opening, a moment where the general turned away. Ghost had to be quick, but it also had to be patient. The gates were giant ones, so it was easy to wait nearby out of sight still cloaked in the darkness of the cave well away from the lights below.

Once Ghost saw it's opportunity though it was quickly taken, silently but swiftly crawling down from the shadows of the ceiling to the top of the open gate. It had only needed a few seconds to reach the gate, then climb down and over its open arch. Yet Ghost remained still now perched quietly within the dark inside corner of the open gate, away from the snake men and their general to wait and see if it's movements had stirred any reaction from the crowd of creatures outside, as well as to take account of the room beyond the gate it had found its way into this time. Maybe there was a lever or a release for the gate Ghost could see from it's corner, so to drop the gate closed in case someone gave chase?
InHeavenTheCooksAreFrench,PoliceAreBritish,EngineersAreGerman,BankersAreSwissAndLoversAreItalian
InHellTheCooksAreBritish,PoliceAreGerman,EngineersAreFrench,BankersAreItalianAndLoversAreSwiss

I'm an Architect

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Rogue

Post by Gideon » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:00 am

Ghostwriter wrote:
Ghost didn’t have a chance to figure out where the level that control the gate was, because as he began looking for it, a large, resounding boom rang out, as if someone had fired a huge cannon. Then, the entire cavern shook. The snakemen and Apophis below crouched low as rocks started falling from the ceiling. Then the cavern suddenly lurched to the side, causing several of the snakemen to fall off the bridge into the abyss below. Apophis bellowed a command and they all began running back into the shadows of the gate where Ghost now waited.

Aya wrote:
Lamia hissed and slunk between the columns that held up the room. She had hoped that the snake would have been enough to take this one out. She was one of the leaders of the Collective, she knew, and Leviathan had trusted her with the task. She had thought the foot would throw the woman off and shake her resolve. She glared at Aya, unable to hide her disappointment and annoyance that her plans were thwarted. "You weren’t supposed to have that thing with you," she said, her chin jutting out at Ash’na. "That’s cheating." The fact that she had used a giant sea snake to attack Aya seemed to be okay in Lamia’s books. She recovered her smile. "It doesn’t matter. You will all be dead soon. Leviathan moves to strike."

"Cheating?" Aya laughed. "You don't hear me complaining about your cheating." She threw back at her. "We have many clever people on our side. I'm sure they've already found Gideon and I'm sure that my friends have already found what causing our power drain."

In truth she didn't know any of that, but she had to stall to work out a plan to defeat Lamia. She was proving to be a sneaky one and Aya needed to be very careful.

"Leviathan has been striking quite a bit and we're still here. I don't think there is much else he can throw at us." She finished, hoping to goad her into revealing more about his final plan.

Lamia laughed. “Leviathan hasn’t even begun to strike at you. Your members are dying on the battlefield. They are no match against our foes. Power drain or not, Leviathan will triumph and when he defeats you, he will open the way for the - ” The cavern suddenly lurched to one side. Even Lamia, her body strong on the ground was throw and had to grab the nearest pillar for support. The cavern suddenly lurched downwards, as if it had suddenly dropped a metre or so. Lamia had the good grace to look confused and concerned.

Shewolf13 wrote:
Filth wrote:
DovesLove wrote:
ThreadWeaver wrote:
FatalixTheFox wrote:
Baphomet looked up sharply as the cavern they were in lurched suddenly downwards, as if the foundations of stone had been ripped away from under them. He smirked. “Looks like your lot are much cleverer than I thought.” He gave Filth a salute and smirked at the others. “Don’t get too comfortable.” He disappeared into the ground as the cavern gave another lurch, sending the group tumbling as the entire cavern rolled over, so that the floor became a wall, and a wall became a floor. Then the cracks started to appear…

Forge wrote:
Cahal wrote:
GamerScribe wrote:
LidaLiadon wrote:
Forge felt his ribs creak in protest as Namaah's grip tightened, lifting him higher until his feet dangled a foot above the floor. Her clawed fingers had punctured his armour and blood welled around them, tap-tapping against the floor as it dripped down her knuckles. His own fingers were wound around her throat, half trying to choke the life out of her even as he pulled more and more of her putrid energy into himself. He could feel her energy ebbing - it just wasn't dwindling fast enough. Spots of colour danced in front of his eyes, and the pounding in his head had increased to a steady drumbeat. The swordsman wheezed a painful groan, and Namaah grinned through bloodied teeth.

"How will your pet magician save you now?" She hissed, tightening her grip. The pounding increased, and through the constant flow of putrid aether between the two of them Forge could feel her sick delight at his pain, tinged with disappointment. The darkness in the room crept closer, filling the edges of his vision, and his fingers began to slip against the bloody skin around her neck.

Pain.

It took him a moment to realise that it wasn't his agony he was feeling. The vice around his chest loosened and his head sank forward; Namaah's eyes were wide, confused, and fixed on the foot or so of Samuel's blade that protruded from her chest. "I might start by doing this," he other man hissed, leaning his weight into the weapon. The general sputtered, losing her grip on the swordsman entirely and sinking slowly to her knees. Her eyes fogged as the life puddled out of her, and the last thing Forge felt across their bond was satisfaction; his or hers, he couldn't say.

Forge watched Namaah's corpse slump to the floor. It wasn't enough. The blood pounded in his ears, behind his eyes, brimming with the sick, black corruption he'd prised out of the general before she died. He could feel it in his skin, prickling and aching. His fingers itched for his sword, to hack at the body, the floor, the walls. The swordsman's eyes drifted up slowly, half-focused, settling on Scribe after darting fitfully around the room for a moment. With a low growl he stepped forward, mouth twisting into something close to a snarl.

Scribe's breathing was ragged, and his tongue tasted of copper and raw meat. The workings to disable and hold Namaah had wearied him and quite frankly the opportunity he'd found to strike had been a matter of chance, of circumstance, rather than simply one of skill; though he wished it otherwise. His shoulders and back ached and as the angel fell to her knees the tug on the sword sent a new ripple of agony through him that made his knuckles go white with the effort of holding on.

He wanted it to be done.

Lady Luck, unfortunately, rarely listens to the wants and needs of others. As fate would have it things weren't yet over; Forge was practically frothing at the mouth, his eyes wild and his features sharp and bestial. He was consumed with rage and it washed over the Scribe like a wave, tugging at some ancient part of him that echoed the fury's call. A part he forced down, kicking Namaah forward and pulling the bloodied sword from her corpse, raising it to point at his friend warily.

"Stand down, man." He said softly, his eyes narrowed and his brow furrowed in concentration, watching and hoping for the smallest sign his old ally would assent. "It's over. It's all over now, just..."

The swordsman stepped in until the sword point ground against his breastplate, leaving a faint furrow in the black coating. Samuel was saying something, but he couldn't hear it over the screeching in his ears. He wanted to feel bones snap under his hands - that the bones would be his friend's felt almost incidental.

As Forge came nearer still Samuel ground his teeth and swept the blade gently upwards; it's tip hummed along the armor's front and came to rest just beneath the throat of one of the only people he knew who hadn't died bloody from knowing him.

"Stand down, old friend..." He said again, his grip on the sword tightening and his eyes clouding over with regret, pain, dread... and resolve. In one last moment of hopefulness he added in a half-whisper; "Please."

Something in the back of his head prickled at the lunacy of the situation. Scribe would kill him - he knew that. Did he want to die that badly? No - but the bone-searing ache that had settled into him with every drop of Namaah's energy made it hard to focus. Forge was reasonably sure he didn't want or need to kill Samuel; the prospect of a bloody death helped to drive that point home. With a shudder he let out the breath he'd been holding, forcing the rage down into some deep place and closing the lid on it. Slowly the pounding receeded and his eyes seemed to focus.

"I'm fine," he grunted, taking an abrupt step back. "Side-effect. It's done now."

Looking to Forge's eyes the tired old spellblade turned the sword aside, opening his hand and slotting the sword back into it's sheath with a silent nod. His knuckles were still devoid of color, his palm was bloodied and sore from how tightly he had gripped the blade in confusion and agony over the thought of being made to kill a friend. He wanted to scream at the man, to cry, to drink until his thoughts all died away. Instead he smiled lightly and said; "Let's get the hell out of here."

Suddenly The Keep lurched, throwing Lida down into Gamer, Cahal and Forge as they gathered themselves together. Cahal, on a reflex, caught the little fox awkwardly and set him down. The entry hall suddenly lurched again and the floor began to ripple, as if it were liquid. The doors were flung open and the men could see the sea of dead Minotaurs, with members of the Collective standing around, weary from battle. They appeared exhausted, injured, wounded but unharmed. By some miracle, everyone was alive.

Zerasan wrote:
The sensation of falling... it was foreign in feeling but was happening a lot during this war. Her inability to erupt into mist and glide around was really starting to grate at her nerves. The vampiress snarled, her arms tucking tightly into her sides while she kept her legs close together during the tumble. It helped to keep her limbs from flailing or getting rolled over at an odd angle which in the end helped to reduce some of the damage she took as she went spilling down the slope. Cuts and scrapes bit into her flesh, the warmth of blood droplets smearing across her skin and tainting the air with a sweet scent of vampire's bloods.

She came to a halt with a splash, cold water enveloping her body. The icy sensation was wonderful and soothing to the many cuts and scrapes. After a moment the woman burst through the surface of the water, taking a moment fish her sword off of the bottom of the river as she had dropped it. Long locks of crimson hair stuck to her face, looking crazy as she smeared a great deal of it behind her ear, eyes glancing around until she saw Vritra on the opposite bank. Her first instinct was to draw her pistols and open fire on the bastard, but her pistols had now been rendered useless. Fire arms were certainly not water proof like her sword was, which made a growl leave her lips.

"Great... that's half my arsenal useless now." She grumbled under her breath, wadding through the water over to the same bank that Virtra had crawled onto. Zera raised her sword, ready to resume combat even as spots of blood lightly dappled her skin, "Fight me you honor less scag!"

Vritra scrambled up the bank and got to his feet awkwardly, still hurting from the fiery attack from the Dragon. He staggered and drew his sabres, steadying himself and faced Zera.

"This is useless," he hissed at her, his tongue flicking out. "Gideon will be dead soon enough and you all will join her."

"Save your breath. I won't back down. I didn't have my torpor disturbed just to turn around and abandon the cause." Zera responded smoothly. His threat that she would soon join Gideon's death didn't seem to phase her either, "We all die Vritra, from brothel girl deity. If tonight is my night, I'll be damned if I don't take you with me." As she spoke she was observing him, assessing the damage he had taken. Vritra seemed in worse shape than she was, but then again a streaming jet of fire often had that effect on many things. A strong wave of confidence swept over the vampiress as she adjusted her grip on her sword, Trinity; a famed hunters sword.

"Let's dance." Zera whispered, her voice still echoing around them as her eyes glowed a soft red. She tapped into as much of her vampiric strength and energy as she could. She was giving it all she had, letting as much of her master vampire prowess empower her as the dampening field would allow. An aura of blood lust emanated from her, but it was controlled, the aura of a master vampire.

Zera didn't wait for Vritra to respond. Instead she took the initiative, closing the gap and swinging her blade in blade in at Vritra’s throat, but the blow never struck. At the last moment Zera had used both skillful and clever foot work to slide further around to his left. The initial attack had been a feint, trying to get him to open up with a block as she slide further around his side and made for a genuine thrust at his upper rib cage.

Vritra waited until Zera had got close enough. Though he was injured, he wasn't stupid. He jerked his head and neck back away from Zera's feint and was prepared for her real thrust when it came at his ribs. He blocked her swipe with the sabre in his left hand and swung around with unnatural speed, bringing his other sabre up in a horizontal blow across her throat, aiming to take her head off.

Sparks flew as their blades clashed. Their strength straining against one another before Zera ducked the oncoming strike from the secondary saber. Instead of losing her head a long lock of dark red hair fell away instead. She pulled back, just enough to straighten up again and made another attack. Zera was trying to remain on the offense, bringing her blade down at Vritra’s left shoulder blade while she aimed a shin stomp at him with her left leg, the momentum of slamming her foot down in the attack giving more power to her strike with the sword.

Vritra dropped suddenly, rolling backwards out from under her sword and out of harms way. His roll ended with him on his knees in a crouch and he quickly reached into his robe and loosed two long, lethal looking stilettos at Zerasan, aiming for her right knee to disable her. Though, because he was throwing from the floor and he was injured, his aim was slightly off.

The stilettos came flying at Zera and she shifted further to the left to avoid them but wasn't quick enough. Both stabbed into her leg right above the knee and into the soft flesh of her thigh.

Zera snarled going down on her right knee, grabbing the stilettos and ripping them out, flipped them around to the tips and hurled them back at Vritra, aiming for his throat.

Vritra spun as the blades rushed past his throat and he snatched them expertly out of the air, then threw them back at the vampire, aimed at her right shoulder. He quickly followed after the blades, closing the distance between them quickly and bringing the sabre in his right hand down over his head towards Zera's right shoulder.

Zera let gravity aid her in dodging the elongated knives. It was easy to let her body fall over to the side as she was already on her knees and they sailed over her. Vritra was upon her though as she tried to make it back to her feet, half standing half slouched due to the pain in her leg from being stabbed she was vulnerable. His blade came down and tore through her shoulder, breaking part of her collarbone on the way down and leaving a deep, nasty, gash into her flesh. Blood spurted forth and Zera let out a cry of agony but despite the pain she threw herself onto Vritra, pulling the hidden dagger from her left boot. It glimmered softly, the fire and electric enchantment on it greatly damped but Zera didn't care. She was going to do as much damage to Virtra here and now before she was taken into the darkness of oblivion.

As she threw herself onto him, blood still pouring out of the massive wound, and seeping through the smaller ones Zera stabbed at his stomach and guts with the ferocity of a predator, trying to inflict as much as pain as she could before she finally stumbled back and slumped to her knees. Her hair fell around her face like a curtain as a drastic loss of blood started to take its toll on her. It seemed her end was at hand but she wasn't afraid.

"I'll be with Azreal... once again... in death." She breathed softly.

Vritra held off her barrage of stabs as best as he could, but he was failing. The blade penetrated his flesh on several occasions and he roared in pain. He felt her stumble back and assisted her by kicking at her and rolling to his side, his sabres forgotten, his clawed hand clutched at the gaping wound in his side. He looked up as he hear a loud crack and saw the crack appear in the wall of the cavern. He hissed a curse and sank to the ground, which swallowed him up, leaving Zera alone and dying, as the cavern lurched abruptly to one side and she was thrown in the water again.

Shea wrote:
Darkblade wrote:
Hearing a single voice in that tone would have sent shivers down any person's spine, but more than one? It caused tremors.

The young woman let out a surprised squeal as Moloch's mouth gaped open to reveal.. something, despite her mental capacity to fortify herself and find strength, and not to make a sound. But that darkness, that thing, was so grotesque and sudden, that she couldn't help the grunts and squeaks that followed as she tried to free her arms, using her unhindered legs to kick out at the wall. It felt like slime and ichor had laced her upper appendages; like guts and glue and all of the nasty feeling things you never wanted to come into contact with by your bare hands. She wasn't usually so squeamish, but being so close being consumed by a flesh eating lunatic baby kicked up a panic, especially as it trailed further up her arms. After a brief tug of war she gained some ground, and maneuvered her hands back over the top of the swirling, growing mass. Although they were still somewhat caught, they were no longer amongst it, and she pushed back with a groan, as if trying to force the form back into the child's body as Chibi sliced away at it from where he was.

Moloch didn’t even flinch as Chibi began hacking into the black mass that was protruding from his maw. With Shea no longer holding him up, Moloch simply floated there in the air, supported by the tentacles which continued to snake up Shea’s arms and around her torso and hips, as well as continually reaching towards Chibi. His attention was for Shea though, seeing how he affected her, he began to use that legion of voices he had to mutter, whisper, scream and growl inside her head all of the nasty things he was going to do to her soul when he pulled it out of her body. He was trying to break her.

Chibi was irked by this brat, trying to eat his tall person, that just wasn’t on.
With his attempts at just pulling the thing out, it was best to adopt the proper response. Leaping back to where he’d left his blade, rolling to pick it up as he braced his body.

He knew what to do, and with the brat distracted with it’s attempted feasting.

“Chibi charging sneak attack!”

Not the most subtle attack name ever, but Chibi wasn’t exactly subtle by nature.
Rushing across the ground, his little feet pounding the inches as he gathered speed.

Leaping into the air, thrusting his blade apparently to stab the brat. Though with Chibi’s density it was more likely he wanted to punch a hole right through the brat.

Chibi was fast and small, smaller than even Moloch. He was able to get in under the tentacles and Chibi’s blade found its mark in Moloch’s ribs. The child’s eyes went wide and the tiny body of the child suddenly exploded into something larger, blood and flesh flinging over everything. The creature inside Moloch, rose up, an inhuman column of oily black slime, with a disturbingly human face. It screamed and screamed as it dissipated, likes wisps of oily smoke.

At that moment, all around The Keep and in The Circus of the Damned, the members of the Collective could feel their powers return.

Cahal wrote:
Sammy wrote:

Shadow nodded once to Antaric’s ghost; a sort of ‘I’ll take care of her’ gesture and led Sammy and the Seer out of the room and down a set of stone stairs. He took them deep within the keep, through rooms of gold, jewels and then finally fire. He gestured to the far door and then looked at the Seer. “Shadow says that Moloch is in there, engaged in combat with two of your friends; a woman and a small creature…” the Seer wrinkled his brow. “What on Earth is that…?” Shadow nudged him. “Oh. We must hurry. Moloch is …”

Suddenly an inhuman shriek could be heard from the other end of the room and then a loud BOOM! The door suddenly blew in with such force from the concussion wave that it smashed into splinters against the far stone wall of the room. Shadow had grabbed Sammy and pulled her to the floor. The Seer had simply twisted out of the way. No one was hurt. The concussion wave was following quickly by a cloud of oily black smoke, which zoomed past, screaming with legions of voices. It hurt the ears.

Shadow snarled and stood up quickly, then grabbed Sammy and began to run away from the room, back the way they had come. The Seer fell in beside them, moving surprisingly swiftly.

“Moloch has been killed. We must reach the outside of the Keep before – ”

He was cut off as the corridor that they were in suddenly lurch and they found themselves in a pile together on the ceiling, which was now the floor.

“Move!” It was Shadow this time, a deep bass growl coming out, not sounding quite right, as if the mouth that tried to make the sound wasn’t entirely human. “Now!”

Gideon lay in the cold room, hearing nothing and seeing no one. She wished Lida would return. She wished she could have seen anyone. Just some indication of how the battle was going would have been welcome. She just needed to know. She heard a loud boom suddenly and it rocked the very foundations of the Keep. The sound of Leviathan’s roar of frustration led her to believe her Collective had done something to put a dent in his plans.

She had no idea how right she was.

“He’s dead Leviathan,” Baphomet said. “Moloch is dead. Namaah too. Sargeras was taken down by the airships. The minotaurs are all dead. I haven’t seen Apophis, Shadow or Vritra. Lamia either.”

Leviathan brought his mighty fists down on a large stone table that would have taken at least twenty men to lift. It cracked in half instantly. Vritra suddenly appeared, rising up through the floor as the stones creaked and pushed him out. Neither Baphomet or Leviathan spared him a look as he lay bleeding on the floor. “Bring her to me now!” Leviathan snarled.

The Keep and the Circus of the Damned began to shake. Whatever it was that was keeping the place stable was clearly no longer in effect. Perhaps the power drain affected more than just their powers. No matter where they were, the members of the Collective found themselves thrown about by the lurching heaves and drops of The Keep and The Circus of the Damned. Without warning, a rush of black oily smoke appeared out of nowhere, enveloping them. It was like being stuck inside a warm, humid, horrid tornado. Then just as suddenly as it began, it ended and they were assaulted by fresh cool air once more.

The were out on the plain in front of The Keep. Their comrades who remained outside to fight were there, injured but alive. The Minotaurs and demonic bodies remained. Those who were gravely injured were quickly seen to by those with healing abilities. The General, Shadow, was amongst them too, hovering protectively by Sammy, as was the Seer. It took some fast talking for Sammy to convince others that they were here to help.

Suddenly, a new voice echoed. It was higher in pitch, but cold, ruthless and evil. "Collective," it hissed, sending shivers down even the most hardened of warriors spines. "You have fought well but your victory is but small and hollow. This is not over... This was but the first test of your mettle... We will meet again, Collective."

As the disappeared, the Collective members could see Leviathan at the top of the Keep, struggling with someone who had a very identifiable mane of thick brown hair. She was trying desperately to wrest herself from his grasp, but it was useless. She was too weak. He hauled her up and held her towards the members of the Collective... And the edge of the building.

"Your founder back. As promised!" Leviathan roared, furious. He reached around her, a sudden glimmer at her throat and then an crimson explosion: he had cut her throat. He snarled with the effort and the contempt as he threw Gideon off the top of the Keep.
Thank you for the set Filth
Please don't forget to vote here and here every day!

Zerasan
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Vampire

Post by Zerasan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:29 am

The water was cold and soothing as Zera sank down into the depths of the river. Her eyes were closed as she still felt warm blood gushing from the massive wound in her shoulder blade, along with all of the small cuts and scrapes that littered her body. Everything about her body ached and throbbed. All things considered a watery grave didn't seem so bad to her. It was only a matter a time before she would pass on from the blood loss alone, or so she had thought. Another strange feeling enveloped her, swirling black smoke and without warning she was whisked away from the bottom of the river and was on dry land once more.

Zera coughed up a lungs full worth of water, more so out of reflex than actually having been drowning. Her eyes felt heavy as she managed to peal them open, seeing the darkened skies above her. Scent and sound alone told her that she, along with what seemed like the rest of the collective were back on the main field. She tried to sit up, but as she did she felt someone pushing her back down. Someone apparently thought it wasn't a very good idea for her to try and get to her feet. Some part of Zera agreed as she groaned in pain, covered in a great deal of her own blood.

As she lay there, someone worked their healing powers over her and she heard a voice ring out over the battlefield. She thought it was Leviathan but she couldn't be sure. The voice sounded out, ""Your founder back. As promised!"Had they really won? Zera wasn't sure, but by the sounds of the yells and screams something was happening. And then Zera managed to see it, forcing herself to sit up despite a healer's protest. Gideon was falling, and trailing blood behind her. Zera cried out, "GIDEON!" Wincing as pain shot through her right shoulder from where her collar bone was broken, but the physical anguish nothing compared to her concern for Gideon at that moment.
, /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 ..じしf_, )ノ
'Silence and isolation will not heal wounds of the heart and soul, but to some it does offer peace of mind.'

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:33 am

Ghost couldn't believe it's luck. Whatever had happened with the cave it... not only was several of the snakemen already dead but Ghost could feel it's power returning and the general Apophis was fleeing back to where it waited unseen in the shadows, giving Ghost a perfect opportunity to strike amidst all the chaos. It wasn't hard, one just had to wait and time the attack, and when he came Ghost took its chance descending down upon the general as he ran through the tall archway like a bat-like creature of the night.

Ghost landed hard upon the general, and with the shifting of the cave it didn't take much to knock the snakeman off its feet. Ghost only needed a moment for it's plan to work, pinning the general with the force of the fall and grabbing his head with both claw like hands. The batlike eyes light up with that strange spectral light as Ghost mentally commanded "LOOK INTO MY EYES!" while no doubt the bat demons own natural fear aura also came into effect. The general would feel a pull as their minds touched briefly, until the creature atop it was surrounded in the black oily smoke leaving only the collapsed and empty vessel of the bat demon upon him. The general was saved, by chance~

---

Ghost appeared with the others in it's spectral form, looking quickly around for what had happened and cursing to itself inside. Now bodyless and in its spirit transparent form it looked up to the events at the top of the tower, seeing Gideon be cut and thrown down. Everyone near would hear in their mind a thought, quicker than words. "Quickly someone come with me, I can get there in time but I lack a physical vessel to catch her." In front of the spirit a bright light would appear opening a rift into the spectral realm, and Ghost extends a ghostly hand out to whoever would accept it. Perhaps unknown to the others time in the spectral realm moved faster than the physical realm, where things would appear as an older and ruinous version of the living world. It was why spirits could sometimes disappear and, to mortals at least, appear to teleport from place to place.

Others no doubt had their own plans they were forming to save their leader, but there was nothing wrong with combining plans. Either way it'd give whoever decided to come more time to come up with a plan as they traveled swiftly through the astral, as well as travel back to the tower almost instantly to try and catch Gid. "Hurry."
And if anyone is interested in Ghosts help and would like to do a joint post let me know in PM's or IM's or something. :)
InHeavenTheCooksAreFrench,PoliceAreBritish,EngineersAreGerman,BankersAreSwissAndLoversAreItalian
InHellTheCooksAreBritish,PoliceAreGerman,EngineersAreFrench,BankersAreItalianAndLoversAreSwiss

I'm an Architect

Shewolf13
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Shewolf13 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:43 am

Collaborative Post by Shewolf and Forge
Gideon wrote:Baphomet looked up sharply as the cavern they were in lurched suddenly downwards, as if the foundations of stone had been ripped away from under them. He smirked. “Looks like your lot are much cleverer than I thought.” He gave Filth a salute and smirked at the others. “Don’t get too comfortable.” He disappeared into the ground as the cavern gave another lurch, sending the group tumbling as the entire cavern rolled over, so that the floor became a wall, and a wall became a floor. Then the cracks started to appear…
Wolf's cloak had exploded around her. She was pissed off at Filth for being so bullheaded, but the truth of the matter was that she wanted to rip Baphomet's throat out. As the ground beneath their feet began to lurch beneath them, something else became very clear. Her cloak suddenly became blindingly bright after the almost dull shine of the diminished version she'd been left with. Even as Baphomet disappeared into the floor, she threw back her head, a laugh booming out. Her dark eyes flashed. She was whole once again. "Listen to me," she growled out to those with her. But before she could get anything out, a black, cloying mist seemed to envelope them in it's clutches. Her snarl was lost in the miasma. Then they were outside the Keep.
Gideon wrote:Suddenly, a new voice echoed. It was higher in pitch, but cold, ruthless and evil. "Collective," it hissed, sending shivers down even the most hardened of warriors spines. "You have fought well but your victory is but small and hollow. This is not over... This was but the first test of your mettle... We will meet again, Collective."
Wolf growled low in her throat, the sound not anywhere close to human. But it was nothing compared to the sound that erupted from her when she saw Leviathan on top of the Keep. She knew without being able to see the figure he held who it was. Her connection to Gideon had come back with a vengeance as the power-dampening affect had fallen away. The phantom pain across her throat and the smell of blood, even from that distance was enough to make bile rise. As she watched Leviathan discard Gideon, as if she were nothing, fury exploded through her. As she threw back her head and let out a howl, something began to happen. The howl reverberated all around those of the Collective gathered there, the sound amplifying and somehow gaining in volume. As those gathered there watched, Wolf's green, silver, and black cloak seemed to spread around them in an enveloping mist.

Her howl, the call sending exciting chills down the spine, continued to echo as if calling to something. And as the green mist rose, a hulking image seemed to loom over Wolf's figure. A giant black wolf with glowing silver eyes stood as a spectre in the sky. Those who saw it couldn't help but connect it with the woman with the dark dark eyes. This was her true self. The wolf wasn't the end, though. As the image of the wolf lifted its head in another long, eerie howl, silvery spectres, men on horseback, creatures that many might never have seen, ghostly hounds began to appear among and around those of the Collective. "Find them!" Wolf snarled. "Kill them all!"

As the host of the Wild Hunt followed their Mistress's orders, those of the Collective would feel something. They were now a part of the Wild Hunt themselves. Wolf's raw, wild energy was bolstering their own. Wounds began to heal, fatigue faded, senses sharpened, physical strength increased, and something else. Something began to blossom within each of them as Wolf let out another howl. "LEVIATHAN!" Wolf growled, her voice booming around them. "I will come for you!" Gideon had yet to hit the ground. Wolf jerked her head to Forge next to her. "Catch her! I can take care of her!" Unlike the rest of the Collective, Wolf's wounds hadn't healed and the amount of energy it took to control the Hunters and to bolster her comrades would take a tremendous toll and quickly. But her fury had needed an outlet. This was it.
Shewolf13 wrote:Wolf jerked her head to Forge next to her. "Catch her! I can take care of her!"
Forge needed no prompting, taking off at a run almost as soon as she had spoken. With the seal on their powers having been lifted it took him almost no time to get up to speed, boots pounding the dirt as he accelerated into a sprint. As he moved he peeled the crippled armour free, tearing at the fastenings and letting it drop behind him; speed and manoeuvrability were the key. He was dimly aware of movement around him - people shouting, taking their own action. Ghost erupted into being nearby, and the dark-haired man adjusted his course, skirting the spirit by some distance.

Amongst the Collective he heard Wolf's howl rise up, rolling over Ghost's voice as it plucked at his mind, and followed by an echo of something more ethereal and altogether ancient. Immediately his muscles began to thrum, damaged flesh knitting together and rippling with additional energy. He recognized her magic; good magic, old and green and powerful, like the breath of the Earth. It was all he needed to get back to peak capacity. With a kick he leapt free of the dirt and shifted, body dissolving into tendrils of inky-black smoke with the sharp sound of air rushing to fill the gap he'd left.

Spanning the distance between himself and their falling leader took less than a second, all-in. His reappearance - now a sizeable distance into the air - coupled with the inertia from his initial leap brought him crashing into the woman's limp form, the pair of them tumbling once before the swordsman got his arms around her and shifted again. They crossed the entire distance back, bursting into existence and hitting the ground hard. Forge skidded, first on his feet, then his knees, kicking up dust the entire time and grinding to a halt in front of Wolf. His aim had been better, but then, this hardly seemed the time to complain.

Twisting he laid Gideon down at his companion's feet, careful to turn her head to one side, letting her hair disguise the ugly, ragged wound across her throat before stepping away. They needed a healer, though in truth he wasn't sure whether it would do any good. Wounds like that tended not to be the kind you walked away from.

Her cloak shifting around her, Wolf knelt next to Gideon. Controlling the Hunters and bolstering everyone else was taking it's toll. But she had enough for this: she had to. Gideon's regeneration was quick, but even she would have a hard time with a throat wound such as this. Normally, Wolf had no healing abilities to speak of. But with the powers of the Wild Hunt--ancient magic, Earth magic-- running through her, she could heal. She clamped her hands over Gideon's throat. Power flared around her as she used the energy coursing through her to speed up Gideon's natural healing process. Her flesh knit together even as Wolf ground her teeth. Wolf didn't have enough to heal her other injuries. The wound in Gideon's neck was closing up, but Wolf sat back on her haunches, panting. She had nothing else left. Around them, the Collective could hear the last screams of any creatures they had missed as the Hunters rampaged over the Keep and the Circus.

Due to her own injuries, Wolf wouldn't be able to hold them much longer. If she couldn't, they could turn on her friends. Her gaze stared up at the top of the Keep, toward where Leviathan had been, then she looked at Gideon, hoping it had been enough. With a growl, she let out another of those long, mournful howls, signalling that the Hunt was ended. The power guttered and then died completely. She sat there next to her friend, both of them the worse for wear.
Thanks so much for the set, Sammy!
Hey guys! Check out the Roleplay Academy! where you can learn from an experienced RPer, help out those who need it, or just have some fun discussions related to RP ^^

Antaric
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Antaric » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:24 am

Whenever he came through, he realized that the fight was over. Forge and Scribe had finished off the whore, while he had been knocked out. His face still hurt like hell, but he grimaced through it as he got to his feet. He hadn't helped them much at all, in fact, his mistakes during the fight and before with the fireball caused him to be out of it for it. That weighed far more heavily upon his shoulders than he expected it to. He had unexpectedly caught Fatalix as the building rocked and sat him down, before leaving the Keep as the doors had opened and more of the Collective was outside standing among dead bodies of their enemies. That made him close up even more. He only simply nodded his head in Forge's direction, as they got outside.

He briefly glanced through the ranks to find Shea, but when he didn't see her he stood off to the side to himself. This scene around him just brought the scenes before even more vividly into his mind that he had saw. He had seen this very moment in that... dream. That was when he heard the voice from above saying that they had succeeded, but it was just the first test. The first test. Then the voice of Leviathan roared and he saw the body of Gideon being thrown from the top of the Keep, the same visual as before. He shook his head slowly. He had failed. He had had a chance at redemption, at easing the guilt that laid heavy upon his board shoulders to rest with the attempt of saving her life, but it had failed miserably.

A sudden howl broke out among the ranks, and he briefly glanced to see the one known as Shewolf howling loudly, powerfully, and hauntingly. There was a power from it, he could feel, an ancient power itself. He watched the large wolf come in to stand with Shewolf and realized they were connected in some form or fashion. The larger wolf echoed the howl and spectres appeared of men and creatures. As he stood off to himself, her words had been something he would of said at one point in his life. The connection between the two of them must of been strong, as he tore his vision back to Gideon as she fell.

Then he felt it, the energy coursing inside of his very veins, a calling to join those spectres as they went after their prey. The pain on his face lessened and he even felt the flesh began to knit back together as the wound healed itself, but it would still leave a scar and part of his hair was still missing from the attack by Namaah. He didn't know if it would ever grow back. But even with the power from Shewolf's own magic, Cahal remained standing where he was. With everyone else's powers returned, he was still just as he was, far less than any of the other members of the Collective. The spectres and the others could handle it the rest of what happened. As he watched Forge catch Gideon, then reappear moments after on the ground next to the wolf and recognized fully that they could save her with Shewolf's power returned.

He nodded. They had at least gotten her back. That was enough. He glanced down at the two-handed greatsword still resting in his right hand. The white blade held no gleam, just a dull colour now. He didn't deserve it. He didn't deserve the training that he had received from an old man who told him to always protect those around him and use his own strength to save them. Instead, he had used it to injure and maim, and even kill countless others. That wasn't any kind of strength at all. With that realization and startling point that he was just as weak as a babe around those of the Collective, he let the sword drop from his hands and clatter down upon the dirt and blood stained land. He also pulled a pouch from his belt and dropped it beside of it, if Forge found it, he'd find the coin to pay for those rounds that Cahal had told him he'd buy.

That was when he turned from the battlefield and those of the Collective as they wrapped up, and walked towards the distance in the opposite direction.