It's Writing Month!

Check out our One Stop Writing Shop!
Whether you're taking part in NaNo, or just looking to write more, there's something for everyone.

Scheduled Maintenance
06 Nov, 11:30pm MST - 07 Nov, 11:30pm MST
You may experience minor interruptions, but the site will remain active!

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

[Interest Check] Roaring Twenties

Gather ideas and brainstorm with other members, recruit players, make partner requests, or just check for interest in an idea you have. A great place to browse to see what is taking place or build new settings and worlds from scratch.

Moderators: Forge, Georgeanna

BrookeDi
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Rogue

[Interest Check] Roaring Twenties

Post by BrookeDi » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:57 am

The RP: It's 1922, and the country is booming socially, economically, and culturally. President Warren G. Harding is President, the war has ended, and people are living. The story will take place in New York and will include politics, mob activity, prohibition, protests, betrayal, art, jazz, and more.

The story will most likely center around Wheeler Pharmacy, but I imagine additional settings will be available as needed. While they do sell milkshakes, medications, sodas, and more, the owner operates a side business. Although it isn't widely known, Wheeler Pharmacy does money laundering for the Italian Mafia. What people do know is the fact that the drugstore acts as a front for a speakeasy hidden in the back, and a primary seller of bootleg alcohol.

Character Creation: Characters who will frequent the pharmacy and/or the drugstore, employees or patrons. Maybe a member of the mob or two. Perhaps, two players willing to act as a police team trying to shut down the speakeasy and discovering the mob activity associated.

Additional thoughts: I think that once a week I'll post something to move the story forward. If I decide to do that, it would be the same time/day every week so that way everyone has at least a week to resolve whatever actions/mini story arcs, etc. that's going on. This could include small or large time skips and other methods of moving forward. I'm not sure how well that would work out, so if you're interested in the RP also let me know what you think about this idea.

I will post character sheets once I see that there are players who are interested.

What do I need from you: Just express interest, and we can get moving with OOC/character sheets/and writing!
Last edited by BrookeDi on Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Who would give a law to lovers? Love is unto itself a higher law." - Boethius
"There's nothing wrong with you. There's a lot wrong with the world you live in." - Chris Colfer

TheGreenerGrey
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Warrior

Re: [Interest Check] Roaring Twenties

Post by TheGreenerGrey » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:06 am

Sign me right up!
The past doesn’t define who you are.
It just... gives you the starting point for who you’re going to be. -Carolina, RvB

Cerulean
Newcomer
Newcomer
Class: Paladin

Post by Cerulean » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:07 am

:3

Ruler_of_Wolves
Newcomer
Newcomer
Class: Werebeast

Post by Ruler_of_Wolves » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:32 am

👀
"What you look like on the outside is not what makes you cool at all. I mean, I had a mullet and wore parachute pants for a long, long time, and I'm doin' okay."

-Ellen DeGeneres

DestroJesto
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Vampire

Post by DestroJesto » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:37 pm

I am all over this. All over it. In it too. Like. Every way possible, even the naughty ones. O.O

BrookeDi
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by BrookeDi » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:30 pm

I will have the OOC up tomorrow with the character sheets
"There's nothing wrong with you. There's a lot wrong with the world you live in." - Chris Colfer

BrookeDi
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by BrookeDi » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:05 pm

viewtopic.php?f=144&t=3752

Sorry for the delay... I'm still stuck on the title. :>