Let the GAMES begin!

Olympic Contest Results - Going live over the course of the week!

IC RPC Olympics - The Sprint! - Results are now up!

Event Info and Schedule
The Sign Up Thread
Medal Tables and Leaderboard

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Greetings Fellow Writers

Please feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself to the other members of the forum, perhaps by telling us your RP background, hobbies and interests. You can find profiles of our staff here too.

Moderators: Dionysus [Rick], Hades [Forge]

Mistborn
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Rogue

Greetings Fellow Writers

Post by Mistborn » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:36 am

User Name: Mistborn
Writing Experience: Experienced but in need of a little practice after a hiatus.
Types of RP's I Enjoy: Fantasy of all kinds, this could be modern or high fantasy. I enjoy a good Sci-fi with an intriguing plot. I am also partial to some fandom, such as; Harry Potter, Mass Effect, Altered Carbon, Lord of the Rings, Mistborn Trilogy, Mortal Instruments. There are many more, so just ask away.
Fun Facts: I love animals, especially dogs. I am an avid Board/Video gamer (including a long running campaign of D & D), I have too many books to read and I love going to the cinema
Favorite Colour: Purple, Teal, Turquoise (Any combination of these)
Favorite Books: Mistborn Trilogy, Harry Potter, A Wise Mans Fear, The Grisha Trilogy, Six of Crows, His Dark Materials, The Abhorsen Trilogy and general crime/thrillers.

I am to be writing a lot over the next few months and would love to role play with some like minded, passionate role players.

Let me know if you have any questions or if there are any role plays you think I would be able to jump into!

Fireynay
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist
Class: Werebeast

Re: Greetings Fellow Writers

Post by Fireynay » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:38 am

Welcome, Mistborn, it's nice to meet you, I'm Nay. There'll no doubt be someone official along soon to give you the official welcome speech, but for now, if you have any questions most people will be happy to help. Especially staff who have a green or purple name.

Based on your intro I'd say you're going to fit in perfectly around here! You're basically describing a little bit of most of us there. Have you read the first book in Book of Dust? It's the first of a new trilogy by Philip Pullman that is a prequel/companion to His Dark Materials and I thought it was amazing.

I can't wait to get to know you more, it's also nice to have another member from the UK ;).
Thank you Forge for the amazing set!

Dionysus [Rick]
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist
Class: Pirate

Post by Dionysus [Rick] » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:52 am

Welcome Mistborn!

Loving the name, I read the first book in the Mistborn trilogy a few weeks ago, that ending was hella dope. Anyway, as you're new, let me give you our newbie guide.

To start you off, you might want to check out our Newbie Guide. It's a great first step to orienting yourself and seeing what the Collective has to offer, plus our rules, cause those are important. If you find a question or concern of yours isn't covered in the guide, feel free to track down a member of staff, we are the ones with green or purple usernames, we are pretty easy to spot.

If you want to get your feet wet, check out our Always Open RP's. These are usually run by people looking for writers to join their little adventures, great way to get things going .

If you already have an idea for an RP or are looking to see some rp's that haven't started yet, check out the Interest Checks section. This is where people post up an idea and try to gauge if there is any interest in it before starting a proper OOC thread.

If you want to chat with the other members of the forum, feel free to join our Discord server.

So that should be a good way to start you off. Remember, if you have any questions feel free to ask, we won't bite.

So, now that I know some of your favorite books, what are some of your favorite movies?

BrookeDi
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist
Class: Rogue

Post by BrookeDi » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:22 am

Welcome to RPC, Mistborn! :>

If you could recommend one book to someone, which would it be? If I haven't read it, and it's not already on my list I'll add it.
"Who would give a law to lovers? Love is unto itself a higher law." - Boethius
"There's nothing wrong with you. There's a lot wrong with the world you live in." - Chris Colfer

Athena [Georgeanna]
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist
Class: Thief

Post by Athena [Georgeanna] » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:24 am

Welcome to the Collective, Mistborn. Hope to see you around the forum.

Ruler_of_Wolves
Olympian
Olympian
Class: Werebeast

Post by Ruler_of_Wolves » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:31 am

Hey mistborn!

Welcome, I’m sure you’ll do nicely here.

My mom owns the mistborn books but I’m embarrassed to say I’ve never read them.

Anyway, I’d love to see you on our discord.
"What you look like on the outside is not what makes you cool at all. I mean, I had a mullet and wore parachute pants for a long, long time, and I'm doin' okay."

-Ellen DeGeneres

Cerulean
Newcomer
Newcomer
Class: Paladin

Post by Cerulean » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:19 am