Image Happy Spooky Month! Image

Check out the Olympic Finale!
An end to Olympian meddling - and a goodbye to a familiar face.

Halloween Hijinks!
Spooky goings on in the Sanctum!
A Creepy Collective Scavenger Hunt!
Our 'Terrifying Twos' two-line tale task!

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

[RPC O] The Relay [Closed]

Check out and participate in the current forum wide events and contests for accolades and prizes.

Moderators: Forge, Sammy

Georgeanna
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Thief

[RPC O] The Relay [Closed]

Post by Georgeanna » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:43 am

August 1st - August 26th

Yes, you are in the right place. This is, indeed, the Relay. Here, you will utilize your storycrafting skills to compete against not only the opposing team, but also against your own team members. Through your posts, you all, as a unit, will create a unique story fit for the gods. Remember, competition can sometimes be subtle, and such is the case in this challenge.

So, let's get started, shall we?

Yours truly will provide you all with two starting sentences to begin your literary journey. The first competitor to post will continue the storyline, the one after will build off of that, and so forth. In essence, you will be writing small posts that add up to a larger storyline. The goal here is to make a cohesive work that could be read as a singular piece of writing. Yes, this means that you'll have to cooperate (to an extent) with your rivals, as both teams will be writing this story together.

Do I hear someone asking about how you'll win in such an event? Excellent. Glad you asked. A winning team will be chosen based upon not only participation, but also creativity and the degree to which the team moves the plotline forward. The team with the highest post count may not necessarily be chosen as the winner. From there, the winning team members will PM me separately about their nomination for MVP.

EXAMPLE:

Starting Sentences: The day was warm, bright, and sunny as I strolled down the street. My destination wasn't far away from me, but I decided to take a longer route to stretch my legs.

Person 1: I had no problem with being late to work. If missing a few minutes of my meeting meant that I could continue on walking, I would readily do so.

Person 2: As I crossed the street, the sound of barking resonated through the intersection. Getting to the other side, I looked around trying to discern where the noise was coming from.

Person 3: Much to my relief, it was merely someone's terrier, barking at a squirrel from the safety of their owner's balcony, rather than a stray battling the everflowing traffic of New York City.

:yellowbullet: You may post as many times as you like, but posts can only be composed of 1-3 sentences.
:yellowbullet: No posting twice in a row by a singular team member.
:yellowbullet: Please make sure your post(s) is on topic.
:yellowbullet: Plot twists and shifts are welcome.

As with all the events thus far, every entrant will receive an Olympian title. However, if your team wins and you are picked to be one of the top three contributors, you will instead receive a Gold, Silver, or Bronze medal winner title. Remember! Every medal your team wins is another step towards victory.

Everyone ready? Alright, we'll begin in 3...2...1...

We had heard the warnings of the gods, their prophecy of a powerful opponent eventually battling against our city known by just about everyone who lived here. We didn’t really start listening, though, until our adversary arrived.

TheGreenerGrey
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Warrior

Re: [RPC O] The Relay [Open - 26th August]

Post by TheGreenerGrey » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:48 am

At first we didn’t really believe it. After all, it was just a rumour started by false believers and the heretics, those who believed our beloved city could fall. But then... the reports started coming in.
The past doesn’t define who you are.
It just... gives you the starting point for who you’re going to be. -Carolina, RvB

TwisterZaraku
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TwisterZaraku » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:38 am

The Humans have invaded town hall and have kidnapped the president and now have moved to invade our homes and---"

"Timmy! Dinner's ready!"

The small boy turned to slither towards his mother and let the small figures fall from his tentacled grasp, not caring for the pained faces the astronauts made as they hit the ground.
Team Poseidon

we made a Naruto story, cuz we're basic bitches awesum
Written by TwisterZaraku and Kiryuku
www.naruto-junishi.com

TheGreenerGrey
Scrub
Scrub

Post by TheGreenerGrey » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:44 am

“Have we figured out why the fuck they’re all called Timmy?” Asks one of the dropped astronauts as they pick themselves off of the ground, looking around.

“Shut up Jerry.”
It just... gives you the starting point for who you’re going to be. -Carolina, RvB

TwisterZaraku
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TwisterZaraku » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:34 am

Suddenly, a gigantic beast the two hadn't seen before, in neither briefings nor documents, appeared from beyond a mountain, easily stepping over its peak as though it were nothing more than a rung on a ladder.

"No, you shut up, Garry!"

The two heads of the monstrosity kept bickering back and forth; at least until all eight eyes glued themselves onto the pair of space travelers below.
Team Poseidon

www.naruto-junishi.com

BrookeDi
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Rogue

Post by BrookeDi » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:34 am

The two astronauts peered up at the monstrosity and then exchanged a look. "How much time do you think we have before he comes back?"

"What do you think," Jerry queried of the two-headed beast.
"Who would give a law to lovers? Love is unto itself a higher law." - Boethius
"There's nothing wrong with you. There's a lot wrong with the world you live in." - Chris Colfer

TwisterZaraku
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TwisterZaraku » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:16 pm

"CUT!!!!!!!! The MONSTERS were Garry and Jerry, not the astronauts!! Take it again from the top, and run with Script B this time!!"
Team Poseidon

www.naruto-junishi.com

BrookeDi
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by BrookeDi » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:50 pm

The actors sighed, glaring at the character who had spoken Jerry's line. He couldn't help it that he confused Gerry and Jerry on the script sometimes. Once more, the actors stood on their marks.
"There's nothing wrong with you. There's a lot wrong with the world you live in." - Chris Colfer

McGenty
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Adventurer

Post by McGenty » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:22 pm

Jack shuffled back to his mark, feeling the angry glares of his coworkers for causing them to have to start yet again. He didn't blame them, but he certainly couldn't explain it to them. The dementia would cost him his career eventually, but it didn't have to be today.
Thanks to Forge for the set!

BrookeDi
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by BrookeDi » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:54 pm

"That's the fourth time today. Is everything alright?" Greg asked of his coworker and friend.

GamerScribe
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by GamerScribe » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:54 am

"It... yeah, it's fine." Jack replied with an unsteady resolve, feeling lost and alone but still unwilling to risk his passion and his career to rid others of their concern. Greg was a good guy and a great friend, but a terrible gossip.
Image Signature by Sammy, Team Zeus Icon by Forge, Avatar by MiseryGK

TwisterZaraku
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TwisterZaraku » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:35 am

Yet that couldn't keep Jack from revealing his heavy heart. "The results came in yesterday, Greg. Found out the wife has 3 months, tops."
Team Poseidon

www.naruto-junishi.com

BrookeDi
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by BrookeDi » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:05 am

"Oh jeez, I'm sorry man." Greg frowned, not even knowing how bad his friend really had it, as he was too consumed with the fact that the love of his life only had three months left to live.

TwisterZaraku
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TwisterZaraku » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:23 pm

Jack heard the words, but he almost couldnt believe them. “She also told me everything, Greg.... I know about your affair.”
Team Poseidon

www.naruto-junishi.com

TheGreenerGrey
Scrub
Scrub

Post by TheGreenerGrey » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:46 am

“Ah?” Greg’s voice darkened as he closed what little distance was between him and the Jack, looking down at him with a dark look in his eyes. “I’m sorry, the fuck did you just say?”

McGenty
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by McGenty » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:42 pm

Jack looked down at the ground, then raised his head to meet Greg's gaze with an even darker look of his own. "You heard me, you piece of crap." Then, with a swift motion, he whipped out the knife he'd had on his belt and plunged it into Greg's gut.
Thanks to Forge for the set!

Ruler_of_Wolves
Newcomer
Newcomer
Class: Werebeast

Post by Ruler_of_Wolves » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:04 pm

“Not again jack, who keeps giving you knives,” Greg questioned stumbling back clutching his wound. “You know she never loved either of us.” He shook his head slowly, stabbed over a woman again.
"What you look like on the outside is not what makes you cool at all. I mean, I had a mullet and wore parachute pants for a long, long time, and I'm doin' okay."

-Ellen DeGeneres

TwisterZaraku
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TwisterZaraku » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:14 pm

"He's having another psychotic break -- should we adjust the medication?"

"No, this is quite normal for someone at his level, so he very well may go through several during our study."

The two doctors continued to watch Jack thrash about on the table within the asylum, watching him go through some of the worst memories his dementia could muster.
Team Poseidon

www.naruto-junishi.com

BrookeDi
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by BrookeDi » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:57 am

An elderly Greg stands awkwardly in the waiting room of the research center. He had been contacted by the doctors, though he didn't know why. All he knew was he was nervous, and he hadn't seen Jack--or his wife--since that day on set when he had been stabbed.

TwisterZaraku
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TwisterZaraku » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:03 am

"Seems like we all got the call -- could be Jack's final day."

Mitch spoke softly and sweetly as he took a seat next to Greg.

"Well, the spouse should get a call," Greg replied, looking directly at the tan on Mitch's hand left behind by a ring worn for decades that no longer was there.
Team Poseidon

www.naruto-junishi.com