Word Hurdles - Deadline: 15th August
The Triathlon - Deadline: 18th August
The Relay - Deadline: 26th August
The Marathon - Deadline: 31st August

IC RPC Olympics - The Sprint! - Round 3 Ends: 20th August, 12 GMT

Event Info and Schedule
The Sign Up Thread
Medal Tables and Leaderboard

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

The Angaran Chronicles: Blackblood Investigation (Kotorchix & Adrassil)

Roleplays consisting of only 2-3 members can be posted here.

Moderators: Dionysus [Rick], Hades [Forge]

Adrassil
Scout
Scout
Class: Rogue

The Angaran Chronicles: Blackblood Investigation (Kotorchix & Adrassil)

Post by Adrassil » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:12 pm

Link to OOC thread
Kotorchix wrote:
Humans and all of the races, where ever Dracius went, they were all the same. All petty, vicious and selfish in their own ways.

It didn’t matter how ‘above’ them those who claimed immortality, were. The vampires with their almost limitless strength and immunity to pain, or the magical power they somehow received if they were of the original-kind. The Hunters with their magical potential, supreme level of education and their super-human speed and reflexes. They still inherited the flaws and weaknesses of their original race or their past, “normal” lives. The elves, Dracius included, as Hunters or vampires still suffered from their stronger emotional responses. The humans- their averageness in almost all aspects. The Dwarves with their more limited emotional capacity and their short, stubby limbs.

But they also inherited the very few positive traits as well. If that wasn’t the case the vampire nation of Valandri wouldn't have prospered for five hundred years. Wouldn’t have

Or negatives which could qualify as positives for one such as Dracius as he studied the man who sat on the opposite side of the table to him, a man whose hands were manacled at the wrists together. A man who was once a human but who had been put through a process which was unimaginatively named “The Ritual.” He was now a Hunter, and thus his life span was so far enhanced that although he seemed in his mid twenties he was almost into his sixties.

The man who sweated with the fear he had inherited from a survival instinct evolved over millions of years of humanity’s evolution, which was now working against him.

Dracius smiled, but he always smiled. He knew his own smiles well, the slight differentiation of them, the smile for anger, the smile for frustration, the smile for the small vestiges of happiness he still had. This which was learned over countless hours in front of mirrors. It was a weakness of his he had tried and tried again to curb, to show only one smile for everything. But it was a weakness which, as far as he knew, only he was aware of.

But it still irked him and if anyone could tell which smile was which, it would be a former Hunter such as this.

He let the man sweat for about half a minute more before finally saying; ‘Did you know Mr Sevroar that there have been thirty five recorded serial killers in Valandri since the four hundred or so years that vampires have lived here.’

Sevroar folded his arms and leaned back in his chair. ‘I heard there was thirty four and I have no idea what that has to do with me.’

‘Oh,’ said Dracius as he placed an old wooden chest on the table. ‘My mistake then. And I don’t know if that has anything to do with you, does that have anything to do with you?’

Sevroar grimaced in bemusement and shook his head.

‘What do you think is in this chest of mine?’ said Dracius.

‘I-I don’t know. The records of those killers, I suppose? Look! I don’t know why you’ve brought me in yet again. There is no serial killer. You already have your killer and I helped you catch him, damn you. Just let me get back to my life, please.’

Dracius studied the Hunter for a good while before reaching out to the chest and sliding in front of him before unclasping the lock.’You are a Hunter, aren’t you not? That means you a well trained in pretty much...everything, right?’

Sevroar grimaced again. ‘Why is it you? Where are Vortel and Kannit? Weren’t they in charge of this case? They got the killer. Just leave me in peace!’

‘Mr Sevroar, do you know what I believe in?’

‘What...What kind of ridiculous question is that? Of course I don’t know what you believe.’

‘I believe,’ said Dracius as he began to take piece of paper after piece of paper out of the chest placed them in front of Sevroar one by one, all the while studying the Hunter. But even after seeing what was on them, the Hunter showed nothing.

‘Peace Mr Sevroar can lead to stagnation, and stagnation leads to weakness. Which in turn leads to destruction. Conflict, struggle is what makes one stronger. That is why I became a Rule Enforcement officer when I came to Valandri so long ago, to challenge myself, to keep me from stagnating. Tell me Mr Sevroar, in this peace have you stagnated? You don’t seem to have.’

There were seventeen pieces of paper spread on the table, on everyone was a very detailed portrait.

Savroar gazed down at them for a good half a minute before looking back to Dracius. ‘Why are you showing me these?’

‘Why not show you these?’

‘Do you always answer a fucking question with another fucking question?’

‘Maybe?’

Sevroar let out a groan and wiped his palm down his face. ‘Can’t I just go, now?’

Dracius picked up one of the portraits and held it up: it was the image of a bearded balding old human.

‘This is...or was Sonton Feif. He was killed back in 2332 when he accidentally fell down the stairs of his apartment block in the town of Corssoon.’

Dracius let that hang before continuing. ‘That was only a year after you came to retire in Valandri, wasn’t it?’

‘So?’

‘You also happened to live in Corssoon during that time, didn’t you?’

‘Yes. So what? You implying I killed that old man? You said it yourself, it was an accident. He fell down stairs. This is just some shitty circumstantial evidence, nothing more.’

Dracius placed the portrait back on the table. ‘You do like to travel a lot, don’t you, Mr Sevroar.’

‘Yeah, that a crime now?’

Dracius picked up another portrait, it was a middle aged dwarven woman. ‘This was Falok Tremit. She was accidentally killed in a hit and run by a horse and carriage. The driver was never caught. This was back in 2341 and in the city of Carrinton on the 7th of Agisting not long after mid-night. A day which you so happened to be away from home for a week long get away. But you had never told your neighbours where you were going exactly.’

Savroar’s eyes narrowed. ‘That is beyond ridiculously circumstantial-’

He was interrupted by Dracius picking up and placing another portrait, then three others almost slamming them on the table. ‘Delmaine Tor, Jarlet Fentis, Savilk Dahron and Fald Tith. All of them happening to die just so when you are away from home. This is circumstantial, I will give you that but in this instance circumstantial is actually legitimate. If not this is all one hell of a coincidence.’

Dracius then raised every portrait while stating their names. ‘While all of these other deaths just so happen to happen when you were living in the very same town or city as them. Tell me, Hunter. Why is that?’

‘Bad luck,’ said Savroar. ‘People die from accidents all the time. They were accidents.’

‘Were they though?’ said Dracius. ‘I have a confession to make, I was a Hunter-neophyte in my youth.’

Savroar’s eyes widened for a split second, before a grin spread and he leaned back in his chair. ‘Were you really? So you wimped out, then? Is that why you are doing this? Forcing me here out of some petty spite? Jealous because I had the balls to actually go through the Ritual. To be one of the one in five?’

Dracius felt his smile falter slightly. ‘No, you misunderstand me. What I meant to say as I too have been taught the...intricacies of the art of assassination. Because that is what you Hunters, for all intents and purposes are, aren’t you?’

Savroar’s grin was gone.

‘So, Mr Savroar I know you are taught how to make an assassination look like an accident. It was apparently your speciality, wasn’t it? You have also spread them over the years the longest being almost four years. This to keep them from being too close together, too.’

Savroar laughed. ‘So what? It means nothing. Nothing, vampire. Why would I want to kill those people? I see no commonality between them, they’re of all different ages, races, everything nothing.’

‘Agreed,’ said Dracius. ‘And that is why these...murders have gone on without our knowledge...But there is one commonality.’

That got Savroar’s attention.

‘Everyone of them was religious. All of them believed in the divine will of the false god: Jaroai. And that was why they had all rejected the offer of being sired into vampirism.’

Savroar said nothing.

‘Sure them still clinging to that belief even after being forced to flee from religious persecution from that very same religion seems a little foolish. But that doesn’t mean they deserved death, Mr Savroar.’

Dracius took a book out of the chest and began to flick through it. ‘And according to your record you have a very good reason to hold such a hatred fore the church-’

‘How in all the hells did you get hold of that?’

Dracius shrugged. ‘I was once a front liner, even built up quite a reputation for myself. So much so I can gain access to the very, highly secret records of-.’

‘I want a representative.’

‘You are well within your rights to have one. But please tell me, you do also know how to manipulate a crime scene to frame an innocent fellow for the murder, don’t you?’

‘I want...a representative!’

Dracius stood up from his chair. ‘They were your next door neighbours, Mr Savroar, don’t tell that was “bad luck” too. Mr Rodrin still maintains he didn’t do it and that you had a...unhealthy obsession with the victim, his wife.’

Savroar just grimaced.

Dracius then smiled a real smile, then left out the door.

Dracius was greeted by most of his fellow investigators as he stepped out the door. All of whom stood in silent awe. Dracius approached both Vortel and Kannit and placed Savroar’s record against Kannit’s chest.

‘Seems I might have I got your man for you,’ said Dracius then he pushed past them and made his way to his desk and planted himself on his seat.

‘Dracius,’ said head-investigator Volgut, the dwarven-vampire approached with heavy foot-falls. ‘The chief wants to speak with you.’

Dracius smile turned genuine. ‘Of course he does.’

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Paladin

Re: The Angaran Chronicles: Blackblood Investigation (Kotorchix & Adrassil)

Post by Kotorchix » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:15 pm

"So," crooned the lady as she shut the doors behind Genevieve. "I believe congratulations are in order, Investigator Lindenburg."

Genevieve threw herself ungraciously on the red velvet loveseat spread out for the lady's sessions. Tossing a leg up on the back of the upholstery, she huffed something between a cough and a snort - a sound that seemed it should accompany a phloemy spitball, but thankfully didn't. She reached up and tugged free the clasp at her neck, her cloak falling away from her scaly throat.

The Investigator's dark gaze fell on the lady, watching as she swept across the room like silk on the breeze. Lady Coral de Ballesden was a beauty to behold - a piece of art, ivory white with the lightest white hair it was almost transparent. She wore a loose black blouse, barely opaque, beneath a leather corset. Her vibrant purple skirts whirled as she seated herself at her desk by the window, her fingers flourishing a quill pen like a duelist would their sabre.

"No sarcastic comeback today?" she smiled, flashing brilliant white fangs. "Dare you deign to accept my compliment with grace?"

Genevieve let a deep breath out, then started digging through her pockets for a cigar. Finding one, she sat up and leaned over to light it on one of the candles beside the loveseat. Drawing a deep breath of oak-scented smoke, she let it trickle out her nose.

"Tell me something, Ballesden," she grated, her voice a deep vibration rather than any pleasant melodic sound. It sounded almost raw, but it carried weight behind it. Weight suggesting smoke, whiskey, and a lifetime of setting records straight.

"You always this chirpy or did you suck the blood out a virgin's cock today?" Another puff.

"I take it you don't approve of the promotion," Ballesden smirked. She opened a drawer and withdrew the tome in which all Genevieve's secrets were kept. She flicked through the pages before writing the date in flowing cursive. "You said yourself that you knew it was coming."

"Fuck," Genevieve breathed. "Not to fucking homicide. Narcos, sure, and not for another few years. But homicide... shit, it's just..." She stopped, the smoke finally having finished trailing each word.

"Just what, Gen?"

"You know what it means."

"Why don't you pretend I don't?"

Genevieve stood, shooting the smug vampire the dirtiest look she could summon. "Stop fucking with me. Its people like you that make this whole thing so fucking stupid. Vampires?" She pointed her cigar at the door. "Are they fucking serious?"

"Ah," Lady Coral said patiently. "You don't feel our sessions have been enough to accustom you to them again?"

"Don't take this the wrong way, but for a bloodsucker, you're all right. But they expect me to work with someone I don't know, someone years my senior... and they expect me to be okay with it? This isn't a promotion, this is a fucking punishment."

"Yes, because Officers who take down entire drug syndicates in one fell swoop get punished. Of course."

Genevieve took another heavy draw, seating herself. But she was on her feet again within an instant, smoke pouring out her face once more. "My partner isn't going to have thirty years on me and retire in five, you know? This is someone I could be stuck with for the rest of my life. And they want to give me a vampire. Despite everything, they..."

She looked down as the cigar dropped out her mouth, spilling ash on the floor. She spat out the stub she had accidentally bit off, then crouched to clean up her mess.

"There's a brush and pan in that closet."

"Yeah," Genevieve spat as she went to get it. Soon enough she was kneeling back down beside the mess and starting to shovel the ashes into the pan with the brush.

"I'm not being unreasonable, am I?" she moodily asked. "Its not too much to ask to be paired with a Hunter, is it?"

"Is that what this is about?" Lady Coral asked. "Leaving your partner Muriel?"

"I'll still see her," the Hunter growled, squishing out the last embers of her cigar and setting the pan aside. She easily stood, flopping onto the loveseat again.

"Are you still seeing her, though?"

"Get that smirk off your bloody face," Genevieve said without humor. "Muriel's got other people on her mind at the moment. It'll round back to me - it always does - but I don't care. I like working with her, but it doesn't really impact me like that."

Lady Coral nodded slowly. "Then it is about your xenophobia."

Genevieve's expression shifted from angry to mildly tired. "And you want me to remember that when you call it that, you're not blaming me, just reaffirming my problem."

"Situation, I prefer the term situation."

Lady Coral stood, twirling the quillpen in hand. Leaning against the desk, she looked over at Genevieve. "Remember that the vampire you are partnered with is not one from your past. He or she is a new entity, with feelings, thoughts, emotions... even their own dark history, most likely. Don't think of them as a vampire. They are a person, like you."

Genevieve gave a dismissive wave of her hand. "I know, I know... but it is fucked up, isn't it? That they'd do that?"

"Gen," Lady Coral sighed. "Have you stopped to think why they put you in homicide other than to pair you with a vampire? You have something they want. Your ferocity, your tenacity, stubbornness, strength, intelligence... even your rage. Your sense of justice. They know that pairing you with one of their agents will result in a partnership that will get things done."

The stocky Hunter sat quietly for a moment, then huffed a sigh. "I was meant to meet them ten minutes ago."

"Genevieve," Lady Coral admonished.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," she sighed, getting off the loveseat and re-clasping her cloak. "I'm going." She stalked towards the doors and shoved them open.

"You're welcome."

The doors slammed shut behind her.
Isles of Aradia
The Runaway
Skyrim: Forged in Blood
The Witcher: Trial of the Spheres
The Blackblood Investigation

Adrassil
Scout
Scout

Post by Adrassil » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:33 pm

Dracius slid through the door and like a martial artist born slipped to sit on the seat across the desk from the lieutenant. Lieutenant Hraje glanced up from writing on his paperwork with a quill, but didn’t deign to give Dracius any greeting. Hraje was a dark skinned, overweight once-human who would've been in his late fifties when he was sired into vampirism. Dracius supposed he could've been from one of the desert equatorial nations, outside of the underground cities. But even to Dracius’ keen ears there was no sign at all of any other accent beside that of a native Valandrite. His thick brown hair was close cropped short and his moustache was amongst the greatest wonders of the facial hair world.

For a good minute Hraje said nothing, the only sound in the stone walled office was the scratching of the lieutenant’s quill as he wrote and wrote. Dracius initial enthusiasm drained away, he knew this tactic, to make another wait for a while to intimidate them, he’d just done the same tactic to Savoar. But it wouldn’t intimidate Dracius, but he knew now that lieutenant Hraje wasn’t happy with him.

And he knew why.

‘Why did you solve and Vortel and Kannit’s case?’ he said, still looking down, still with his quill going.

‘I saw some inconsistencies with their hypothesis.’

‘What inconsistencies?’

‘Well according to the report the blood splatter actually indicated a strength on par-’

‘You know what, I don’t actually care! What about the case I put you on?’

Dracius sighed. ‘That was just a simple stabbing and it was obvious that the stabber was acting in self-defence. Easy. Boring. Vortel and Kannit would be far more suited for such a simple-’

Hraje finally rose his attention to Dracius and he tossed his quill onto his desk. ‘Don’t you say any more or I will send you out on your arse so quick that not even a Hunter could blink the distance so fast. And boring? Boring? You disobeyed me because you deemed the assignment I gave you boring?’

Dracius shrugged. ‘I have just caught Valandri’s 35th serial killer, single handedly. I’ll get back on that stabbing.’

‘You know what? I don’t fucking care,’ said Hraje as he rubbed his eyes and sighed. ‘You’ve got me between a rock and a hard place, Dracius. You know that right? I’m going to have to send this...find to the general and he knows...’

Hraje trailed off, his eyes widening for a split second, which made Dracius raise an eyebrow.

‘Never mind,’ said Hraje. ‘Never you mind. How long has it been since Hejart transferred?’

Hejart was Dracius’ partner, a dwarf-vampire who had left about a year ago and Dracius couldn’t help straighten in his seat.

‘I have let you be by yourself for a year now, Dracius,’ said Hraje. ‘But no more. I would say this is punishment for going behind my back on this, but I have decided this a while back.’

‘No...tell me you’re joking, sir.’

‘I am not,’ said Hraje. ‘I have already got her transferred, but...’ He glanced at the huge clock against the wall. ‘She would be here already, but she is already over half an hour late.’

‘With all do respect, sir- I don’t need a partner. I work better alone.’

‘Do you, though, Dracius? Do you? I put you on an investigation but then go behind my back and work on another. How is that working better alone?’

‘I have not just caught a serial killer, sir. But I have made sure that an innocent man isn’t prosecuted for a crime he didn’t commit. Anything and everything to win.’

Hraje snorted and rolled his eyes. ‘Spare me the Hunter axiom rubbish. That “ends justifies the means” crap might apply when you are playing at secret war against the church, but not here, you got that?’

Dracius grimaced.

Then the door opened and Dracius looked to find a young woman. Or at least she looked like a young woman. A very strange young woman, she was almost as dark skinned as the lieutenant and her skin was covered in rough, scarred and nicked dermis armour and she was far, far too muscled for Dracius to consider attractive. But what drew his attention was a more obvious scar on her wrist, which he couldn’t help wonder how it got there. Her face was in an animated, almost comical scowl, obviously she didn’t want to be here too, perhaps even more so than Dracius.

Then he remembered her, but not her name, only a few weeks ago her face had been on every news paper all over Valandri and turned back to Hraje. ‘What’s she doing here? Wouldn’t it be more fitting for her to work in the anti-drug enforcement?’

‘Maybe,’ said Hraje then he looked to the young woman. ‘You’re late, Investigator Lindenburg, make sure that does not happen again. Now, take a damned seat.’

‘Dracius Koortan this is your new partner, investigator Genevieve Lindenburg. Genevieve Lindenburg this is Dracius Koortan.’

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Kotorchix » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:39 pm

She moved with no attempt at stealth or grace. Although her movements weren't considered sloppy, just... they were all business. She lowered herself into the chair beside the pretty elf vampire, giving him less than a cursory glance. Well-groomed, smartly dressed, blonde, blue-eyed, elven-featured... he could have easily passed as Muriel's brother, had she one.

Genevieve's boss was also a vampire. That was news to her, although she should have expected it.

Her skin crawled with irritation and she unclasped her cloak, letting it fall back on the chair. Leaning forward, she rested her elbows on her knees and clasped her hands before her. It was a nice 'comfortable-looking' position... and also a good pose to strike from if need be.

Briefly, for the tiniest of moments, she considered arguing with Hraje over the decision to enter her into homicide. But Lady Cora's words stuck with her and she bit her tongue on that topic.

"What's our case, sir?" she rumbled quietly.
Isles of Aradia
The Runaway

Adrassil
Scout
Scout

Post by Adrassil » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:15 am

Dracius grinned; seeing through the young woman’s stoicism with ease. He hoped this meant he could easily manipulate her into transferring, was she really a Hunter? Well, the strange dermal armour might have been a by-product of The Ritual, Dracius had heard every so often that those who went through it could be mutated beyond the normal enhancements of super strength, constitution, reflexes, the ability to “blink” or teleport instantly over short distances, “cloak” one’s weapons and many other objects into a pocket dimension allowing the Hunter to summon them instantly and hide or lower their magical aura entirely.

A sly smile spread underneath Hraje’s moustache and he pointed at Genevieve with an enthusiastically wobbling finger and Dracius fought the urge to roll his eyes.

‘That’s what I like to hear, Dracius. No whining or whinging. Just a: "What's our case, sir?" This was why I had her transferred, hoping her such respect might just rub off on you. Although I would prefer a little more enthusiasm.’

The Hraje’s smile became even more mischievous and his attention turned to Dracius. ‘What’s the case, huh? You know what? We have one, don’t we, investigator Dracius?’

Dracius bit back a sigh.

‘A case that Dracius hasn’t bothered to solve yet because he deemed it...“Boring” and “simple” it’s a great coincidence that just as a new investigator has arrived that we have such a “simple” case in the line. Isn’t that right, Dracius?’

Dracius opened his mouth to reply, but the lieutenant cut him short. ‘Now, Dracius has all of the case notes so he can brief you, now dismissed, you two and make sure to give her the tour, alright?’

Dracius stood and Genevieve a second after and they began for the door- Dracius opening it and holding it open for her.

‘You stuck a stick up his ass a long time ago, didn't you?’ said the Hunter, and Dracius barely managed to keep the smile on his face.

‘Would prefer to stick it down his throat, but vampires cannot choke to death, as I’m sure you know,’ said Dracius, but making sure he said it after closing the door after her.

In the loud, full of moving bodies office block Dracius tossed the notebook onto Genevieve’s desk, then dropped himself onto his seat across from her. ‘Stabbing in the mortal section, blah blah blah. A local thug, stabbed six times in an alley way in the north end. Might’ve tried to take down an undercover Hunter or even a normal person. The knife used was left next to him and was his according to those who knew him. I’m sure you know this sort of shit happens a lot in the country. It’s hard to be a street thug when you live in a place full of freaks and monsters like us.’

Dracius paused. ‘No offence.’

‘I don’t give a shit,’ said Genevieve while she flicked absently through the notebook.

He smiled and fought the urge to roll his eyes: such a charming being. I doubt I’ll get much out of her right now, but I suppose I’ll still try, anyway.

Dracius would’ve asked her what she thought of his hypothesis, but he didn’t honestly care what a new to murder investigation enforcer thought. So instead he asked her.

‘So you’re a Hunter. Have you been apprenticed to a Hunter to hunt rogue vampires?’

‘No.’

‘And you haven’t taken part in the secret war?’

‘No.’

Dracius fought the urge to frown, so why did she go through the Ritual, then? She didn’t have the church to worry about as they would hunt and kill anyone with magical potential above a certain age. It was the why Dracius had been sired, as vampires have the ability to control their aura just the same as Hunters.

‘I did,’ said Dracius, hoping if he gave her some of his backstory, she might give a bit more of hers. ‘Was a part of an elite spec ops vampire squad you might’ve heard of us, the VSO? The Vampire Special Operations? We mostly operated as support for the Hunters due to, you know, being unable to walk in sunlight. Still saw a lot of action, though. Even took part in an operation with the infamous Kalthasin. Was in it for a good fifty odd years...Yeah, good years, didn’t end well...though...

Dracius trailed off, partly because Genevieve didn’t seem much interested and partly because he realised he really didn’t want to elaborate more.

‘Dracius! New girl,’ said head-investigator Volgut, as the dwarf approached them. ‘You two going to prattle on? Or take a new case.’

Dracius and Genevieve shared a glance. ‘What new case, Volgut?’ said Dracius.

‘This one just came in,’ said Volgut. ‘A dead vampire in the northern district. Hasn’t been identified yet. Don’t know if its original or sired yet either. Thought you might be interested.’

In less than a split second Dracius was up from his chair and snatching up his blazer. ‘Yes, sir. I’m interested, more than interested, indeed. Let’s go, investigator Lindenburg.’

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Kotorchix » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:58 pm

Dracius was just a little too bright for Genevieve’s tastes. Although she had practiced restraint in showing interest – even portraying herself as disinterested – she did want to know more about her new partner. She was analysing him, just as he was trying to get a feel for her. Her short answers evoked longer ones from him and she learned quickly she wasn’t going to have to do much talking in their investigations together. That was one thing she could readily get behind.

He held similarities to Muriel. Not only in appearance and race, but also mannerisms. However, where there was a story to be told, Muriel had never balked. So the man had a censor – at least about his past. For now, she found some comfort in that also.

With mention of a new case, she rose from her chair and re-clasped her cloak at her throat. In the back of her mind, she trailed back to training, wondering if she could give a shit about a vampire victim. She hadn’t in the past, but it had never come down to murder. It was robberies, drug busts, traffic violations…

She didn’t want to stand over another dead vampire and smile again. Especially in her present company.

“Enlighten me,” she said to Dracius, keeping pace with him across the office and out into the hall. “What’s so special about a dead vampire being sired or original? Does it say something for his affiliations and who would want him dead?”
Isles of Aradia
The Runaway