We have a new Global Moderator! Congratulations Georgeanna!

It's new banner time and we need your help to choose one! Please head over to the poll and vote for your favourite.

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up!

Why would anyone become a Mod?

Along with the shoutbox and lounge, general discussions and anything else that doesn't quite fit elsewhere, can be found within. Please remember to adhere to the PHPBB Terms of Use and to the Rules and Regulations at all times. No mature content permitted.

Moderators: Rick, Forge

MakingMoreStories21
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Mage

Why would anyone become a Mod?

Post by MakingMoreStories21 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:37 am

I may just be a bad person, but why would anyone WANT to be a moderator? It just seems like an awful lot of work. Especially when you've gotta go around telling newbies like me where the correct place to put your posts are. Like I said, A lot of extra work.

Change My Mind
We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. -Randy Pausch

Rick
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Pirate

Re: Why would anyone become a Mod?

Post by Rick » Thu May 17, 2018 7:12 am

Hey Stories, I’m a mod so I guess I’m qualified enough to answer this question.

So, why would anyone want to be a mod?
I can’t speak for the other mods, or members who have been mods in the past, but I became a mod because I love our community. I wanted to get more involved in helping out our new members find a firm footing when first starting out and engaging with current members who wanted more things to participate in. I want to help grow this place I have been a member for years, that has given so much to me, from great stories to wild game nights.
I like watching our little community grow, I like when a new member arrives and you can just tell they will gel with everyone else and become a great part of the community. From Trek, Palf, Mocc, Gina, Brooke, Saph, it’s just such a joy to meet and interact with all these new people on a regular basis, to see them participate on the site and watch as they create new, interesting content. Plus, I get to make some cool stories with incredibly gifted people on a daily basis, something that is quite addicting. This place has been a well of fun, intense, wild, and incredibly funny times, and I want to help keep that going for new and current members.
Sure, sometimes we have to deal with bots or spammers, but that is such a small part of it that it doesn’t bother me.
And Stories, you are not a bad person, us telling you were to post things is just to help you out, don’t take it as a bad thing. We are mods, that’s what we are here to do, help you get around the site.

So that’s why I became a mod, that’s why I like logging onto this site every day, and most importantly, that’s why I put up with Wadjet.

MakingMoreStories21
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Mage

Re: Why would anyone become a Mod?

Post by MakingMoreStories21 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:15 am

So, you become mods cause you're cool people in general. Sweet.
We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. -Randy Pausch