It's Writing Month!

Check out our One Stop Writing Shop!
Whether you're taking part in NaNo, or just looking to write more, there's something for everyone.

A New Moderator Appears!
Join us in congratulating our newest recruit!

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Hey!

Please feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself to the other members of the forum, perhaps by telling us your RP background, hobbies and interests. You can find profiles of our staff here too.

Moderators: Rick, Forge

TrippySushi
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Adventurer

Hey!

Post by TrippySushi » Mon May 14, 2018 3:10 pm

Hey! My name is Sushi! I started online forum roleplaying back when I was like... 10, who knows? I did it all the time and then went on and off around middle school and completely stopped. Now I'm back! I might not be on much but hopefully I'll remember I registered, haha. My roleplay skill is moderate to experienced. I've been praised on my writing multiple times so I hope so! I haven't done this in awhile, however, due to writers' block so I may be a bit rusty. I also have a bad case of not rereading things so excuse any typos (I'll try to keep track this time). I usually just roleplay slice-of-life but I am also interested in fantasy RP's as well. I think that's it!

User Name: TrippySushi
Writing Experience: 3 years of "moderate" writing I suppose?
Types of RP's I Enjoy: Slice of life, romance (rarely), fantasy
Fun Facts: I have a pet rabbit and I'm home-schooled!
Favorite Colour: Yellow!
Favorite Food: Sushi!

Forge
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Warrior

Re: Hey!

Post by Forge » Mon May 14, 2018 6:34 pm

Howdy, Sushi, and a very warm welcome to the Collective. I'm Forge, one of the Staff here at RPC, and I'm going to start you off with a little orientation session to help you get used to the site.

So. First things first, our Newbie Guide. The Guide's a good starting point for your RPC adventure, and is packed full of useful information; things like our rules, our persistent world, our different sections, where the landmines are - you know, basic newbie stuff. Please also keep in mind that if you ever find yourself absolutely stuck, you can always grab a Staff member - we're the ones with the fancy green or purple usernames, and we're at least 85.3% helpful.

If you want to jump straight into writing, you can follow this link for a list of our Always Open RP's. Most are low pressure, "drop-in, drop-out" games that don't require too much pre-planning or character building, so they're pretty good for getting accustomed to roleplaying here.

If you're looking to get into a more involved roleplay, but either don't have a specific idea in mind or haven't fully fleshed out your own ideas, you can check out our Interest Checks section. This is where people post ideas that they're thinking of turning into a game, and it's a good place to find people who are looking for the same thing you are.

I'm also gonna give you a quick run down on our RP sections, just so you know what they all are;
  • Worlds of Magic - For typically 'fantasy' roleplays
  • Worlds of Technology - For typically 'sci-fi' roleplays
  • Worlds of Balance - For roleplays with a mix of technology and magic, like modern fantasy
  • Worlds of Realism - For realistic roleplays
  • Private Roleplays - For small roleplays between two or three people, of any type
And lastly, if you like what you see here, you might also consider voting for us on Top RP Sites and Top Sites List. Votes are massively important in helping our community grow, and they're a great way to make the Staff feel loved, so definitely click those links if you have the time.

And that's it. Orientation is officially over, which means it's icebreaking time! Let's start with a question. What's your rabbit called?
Remember to vote for RPGC!

Georgeanna
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Thief

Post by Georgeanna » Mon May 14, 2018 10:51 pm

Nice to meet you, Sushi!
Welcome to the Collective, I’m Georgie. I hope you like our little corner of the internet; we have a great community. Hope to see you around!

Rembrandt
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Mage

Post by Rembrandt » Tue May 15, 2018 4:37 am

Hellooo!!!
Welcome, we're super excited to have you!

Moccasin
Scout
Scout
Class: Paladin

Post by Moccasin » Tue May 15, 2018 1:08 pm

Ugh, your username is amazing. Welcome to the Collective, Sushi!

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator
Class: Adventurer

Post by Sammy » Sat May 19, 2018 2:10 am

Welcome to the Collective!
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Fireynay
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Werebeast

Post by Fireynay » Sun May 20, 2018 11:31 pm

Welcome to The Collective! It's nice to meet you.
Thank you Forge for the amazing set!