We have a new Global Moderator! Congratulations Georgeanna!

It's new banner time and we need your help to choose one! Please head over to the poll and vote for your favourite.

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up!

The Blue Moon Saloon (IC, OPEN)

The realms with a strong focus on technology. These are the realms of Science Fiction/Fantasy, Cyberpunk, Steampunk, and their ilk. Examples: Star Trek, Borderlands, Neuromancer.

Moderators: Rick, Forge

just_alex
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Adventurer

Re: The Blue Moon Saloon (IC, OPEN)

Post by just_alex » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:45 pm

Thea’s eyes seemed to light up at the sight of the newly filled drinks. She took hers greedily before downing it in one swig, the strong liquid satisfying as it made its way into her system. The blonde scanned the new member, though it was hard as she moved to stand straighter, stumbling a little. She shrugged her shoulders half heartedly, “Might as well add another one while we’re at it,” she slurred out, clearing her throat.

Thea was already kind of uneasy about working with other people, but she was already with two others and it didn’t seem drastic to allow another to join. Not like she really had much of a choice anyway. She needed to make sure to speak to Beryl before they took off.
What if the stars started disappearing
And all that was left was nothing
What if we covered our eyes, stopped listening
And we missed everything

Silverstag
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Werebeast

Post by Silverstag » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:05 pm

Coco smiled as Thea agreed to join. At least she hasn’t blown this job out of the water yet. As Britt meandered up and confirmed the new member, Coco nodded and chewed her bubblegum with a loud burst of bubble. Habitually, the pilot moved her onyx hair all to one shoulder as she thought of the next steps. ”Yep. Gotta a third! Britt, meet Thea. Thea, Britt.” She said jovially, happy that things are moving forward on the job. “Now lets see, we need to grab a bit more info from Beryl, which she looks like she is busy with a new comer, but we also will need a few things for this. Do you guys need any gear, ammo?” She asked looking at Britt and Thea. Coco was unsure what exactly they would need but it was a good start. ”I should get a hold of some blueprints of the ship they are taking, review over what we are going to be hijacking. Maybe some intel on who exactly we will be up against on the ship.” She said thoughtfully in a quiet manner as she cocked her head in thought.

When the newcomer left Beryl and walked up to the three of them, Coco blew a bubble to hide her concern. Did Beryl send her over? She studied the woman with ruby eyes. The newcomer was a brunette and offered drinks to them, confirming Coco’s thoughts. The pilot chuckled as Thea took her drink quickly. Gingerly taking her new glass from the woman, she smiled kindly, sticking the gum in her cheek as she took a sip of the alcohol. ”Thanks stranger. If Beryl sent you over, I’m cool with it.” She took another sip of from the glass. ” Yep, we are just about to figure out everything we need for the job. Basically taking a ship over – avoid a call for reinforcements and deliver the cargo safely here. “ She summarized the job quickly to catch the newest member of the party. “I’m Coco, your pilot, and you are?” She asked, sticking her hand out as a greeting.

Martin the faithful
Newcomer
Newcomer
Class: Rogue

Post by Martin the faithful » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:42 am

Morgan Lee

Morgan smiled, memories of pulling tricks on her first Sargent in basic came to mind. "I'm Morgan, Marine retired” she said. "I've been trained in activities like this once or twice," she says. Though the ships normally were not worth much after the encounter. "How can I help?" Morgan asks.

just_alex
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by just_alex » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:17 pm

Thea nodded in greeting at Britt, her lips turning up into a small smile. She turned to Coco as the woman continued on.

"Sounds good. I'll check and see what weapons Beryl has. Maybe there will be something new," The blonde responded.

"I'm Morgan, Marine retired”

Thea narrowed her eyes at the introduction. She leaned back onto the bar uneasily, "Strange that someone like you would be all the way out here hanging out with the likes of us. What brings you all the way out here?" She asked quizzically, tracing the rim of her glass cup
And we missed everything

Martin the faithful
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Martin the faithful » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:35 pm

Morgan Lee

Morgan smiled at the challenge. She bit back the first two sarcastic things that came to her mind. She wished she had he brimmed hat on. Morgan leans forward fairly agressive way and says, "The short version, We lost our war and some clerk lost my daughter, sent off planet."

just_alex
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by just_alex » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:25 pm

Thea tilted her head at the answer, her mind racing a million miles an hour. But the chaos in her mind was hidden well by the shrug of her shoulders. "Fair enough." She turned back to the others, "I am going to go speak to Beryl. Be right back."

The blonde made her way to where Beryl was, leaning over the bar a bit as she stood on her toes. "Hey Beryl, you think you could do me a favor?" She asked, doing a quick glance subconsciously to make sure no one was listening in.
And we missed everything

Yaboymiller
Scrub
Scrub

Post by Yaboymiller » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:47 pm

Listening to the conversation between Morgan and Thea, Britt was interested as he heard of Morgan being a marine. "Well it's good to have someone of your leadership." Britt said as he gave her a smile. "It'll be good to have someone who has expertise in combat like myself. Maybe you can even teach me something."

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Necromancer

Post by Ghostwriter » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:05 am

Think I should use quotes to reply to you guys so it lets you know? Or just bold it or something like I've been doing?
The bartender was just watching the going ons as the others talked. If they noticed there was a few other small groups doing likewise, but how many of them was plotting a mission could be questioned.
just_alex wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:25 pm
"Hey Beryl, you think you could do me a favor?" Thea asked, doing a quick glance subconsciously to make sure no one was listening in.
The secretive nature got her curious, so Beryl leans in all inconspicuous. "I guess?" Beryl answers with a shrug. "It's hard to know without having you ask me said favor first... if somethin's on your mind ya should spit it out kid. Always hated when people did that, well that and the 'Can I ask you a question?' Well you just did!" She says jokingly, was she? "If it's about a cash advance I stopped doing that. Can't ever be sure if someone really intends to pay you back, and if not then you gotta pay more to put a bounty on'em. And even if they are serious about paying you back ya got no idea if they're going to get their fool self killed before then. I'm not the greatest loan shark I guess..."
InHeavenTheCooksAreFrench,PoliceAreBritish,EngineersAreGerman,BankersAreSwissAndLoversAreItalian
InHellTheCooksAreBritish,PoliceAreGerman,EngineersAreFrench,BankersAreItalianAndLoversAreSwiss

I'm an Architect

just_alex
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by just_alex » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:15 am

Either is fine. I prefer bolding because it makes the post look smoother. And you don't have to quote it to notify someone. If the topic is subscribed, they'll get notified anyway :biggrin:
Thea raised her brows at Beryl's rant before she shook her head, chuckling lightly, "No, Beryl. I don't need money. I was wondering if maybe you could help me collect some intel," The blonde finished with a questioning look towards the other woman. She pulled out a small intel chip and place in on the bar table. It was rectangular shaped with the ability to be plugged into any device.

"I got ahold of some intel on my most recent mission. Took me forever to get a hold of it, and it wasn't easy to begin with. This holds all of the recent security modifications for Nova Enterprises and their system. You think you could look through it, maybe ask some of your sources and see if there is any possible weakness in their new update?" The blonde questioned quietly, shifting a bit on her feet. It was hard not to be nervous talking about a Mega Corp that was nearly impossible getting into.
And we missed everything

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:01 am

Beryl takes the chip and looks at it. "Anyone already know it's missing? If someone's looking for it this might be dangerous. If so I know a hacker with a faraday cage for something like that, nothing gets in or out, self contained. I remember plugging in something like this before and it sent out a signal telling some booted thugs my location. Basically ya gotta be careful with corptech, but I'll see what I can find out." Beryl answers quietly.

After studying it with the chip still in hand she says finally. "Normally this sort of work would cost some cred, but this is also the kind of intel that people would pay for... that is if you're right. So I don't think I'll have a hard time finding someone willing to look at it. But I've no idea how long that'll take to study it though~ I'm not exactly the hacker sort. I do a bit of everything but I focused primarily on acquisition and delegation." Like a space bard, pirate, HR, thing.
InHeavenTheCooksAreFrench,PoliceAreBritish,EngineersAreGerman,BankersAreSwissAndLoversAreItalian
InHellTheCooksAreBritish,PoliceAreGerman,EngineersAreFrench,BankersAreItalianAndLoversAreSwiss

I'm an Architect

Martin the faithful
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Martin the faithful » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:48 pm

Morgan Lee

Morgan smiled at Britt, and says "We all learn something new everyday. I suspect I will learn from all of you as well." Morgan knew that being a Sergeant meant following orders and making suggestions. She worked for a living, she didn't ride a desk. Command isn’t as glorious as people think. She then says,"My friends use to call me ricochet.” She pauses for a moment, “Or Sarge, if you want.” Then she says, “So tell me a little about yourselves.”

Silverstag
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Silverstag » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:14 pm

Coco nodded in greeting as Morgan introduced herself. A military gal then. She speculated quietly as she chewed her gum, letting Britt talk to Morgan. Her dark eyes watched Thea excuse herself and slip away from the group and talk to Beryl about other business. The pilot’s mind wandered back to the freighter they were planning to take. She had a few schematics back in her ship she could look over. They needed intel of who was going to be on ship. She would ask Beryl before they left. Returning her attention back to the two that she was standing with she gave a grin at the nickname. ”Nice to meet you Ricochet. This here is Greenie.” She jumped in with the nickname that her and Beryl have been calling Britt. ”I’m Coco but the pilot call sign is Starbuck. Drifter before I turned pilot.”

just_alex
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by just_alex » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:26 pm

Beryl takes the chip and looks at it. "Anyone already know it's missing? If someone's looking for it this might be dangerous. If so I know a hacker with a faraday cage for something like that, nothing gets in or out, self contained. I remember plugging in something like this before and it sent out a signal telling some booted thugs my location. Basically ya gotta be careful with corptech, but I'll see what I can find out." Beryl answers quietly.

Thea quickly waved off the concern for the device, “No, no. It’s my own device. Stole it off of someone else, don’t remember, but they won’t be looking for anything. That,” The blonde pointed to the chip in Beryl’s hand, “Is simply a copy.”

The blonde nodded in somewhat understanding, although the alcohol was making it somewhat hard to focus. She blinked a couple of times before replying, “I just need to know if there are any loopholes in their security modifications. All the info is in there. I also need you to hold onto it for me while I go get this ship that you have asked us to retrieve. Wouldn’t want to loose it on the way.”
And we missed everything

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:08 am

“I just need to know if there are any loopholes in their security modifications. All the info is in there. I also need you to hold onto it for me while I go get this ship that you have asked us to retrieve. Wouldn’t want to loose it on the way.”

"Right." Beryl answered, though it didn't mean there was still no danger if there was a virus hidden in the copy. "I'll see who's interested, no worries about losing it though no promises on the results." It wasn't unheard of for a corp to update their security every month so depending on how old it was the info might already be out of date. But it was worth a look at least as far as Beryl was concerned.

Seeing that she was getting pretty tipsy Beryl asks, "You sure you're ready for anything dangerous, maybe you should go easy on the drinks? I can make something to wake you up if ya want, though its pretty bitter stuff. Eh, doesn't matter too much I guess if you factor in travel time and what not. Hard to screw up a drink like that anyway if you ever want one, the worse it tastes the better it wakes you up~" She laughs lightly.

Turning suddenly serious she adds. "But whenever you're all ready let me know and I'll get my pod out of storage for ya." From the sound of things she hadn't used it in awhile. "Still have some time to faff about before the GA finish readying the transport anyway. So if you all want to prepare you can. Not quite to the urgent-emergency level, yet. Unless you guys manage to fuck things up~"

I'm an Architect

just_alex
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by just_alex » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:50 am

Thea nodded, “Thanks,” She replies, standing straight so that she was no longer leaning on the bar.

At Baryl’s next comment, the blonde laughed, “No worries Beryl, I have done crazier things under heavier intoxication. I think I can handle a small job like this.”

Thea nodded at the mention of the ship, “Ok, I will check with them.” Thea began walking away from the bar and towards the group. “Ok people, Baryl is ready when we are. Is everyone up to date about what we’ll be doing?” She asked, making eye contact with the three
And we missed everything

Yaboymiller
Scrub
Scrub

Post by Yaboymiller » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:33 pm

"I have a pretty fine idea of what's going on." Britt said, answering Thea's question. "As for me" he said as he turned to Morgan "I was raised in a temple learning martial arts. My sensei just allowed me to leave the temple pretty recently."

Martin the faithful
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Martin the faithful » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:54 pm

Morgan nods affirmative. She is ready for th adventure. Anything to find her daughter.

just_alex
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by just_alex » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:04 am

Thea nodded, “Ok, sweet. Baryl said we can talk to her when we’re ready. So let’s go,” She replied, turning on her heel to walk towards the owner of the Blue Moon Saloon.

“I think we’re ready Baryl,” Thea stated, resting one hand on the bar and the other on her hip to balance herself. She was started to get used to the dizziness, which was actually pretty easy for the blonde.
And we missed everything

Martin the faithful
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Martin the faithful » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:14 am

Morgan grabs her bag. She asks the bar keep, "Have somewhere I can stow this?" She pulls her knife out and puts it in the small of her back. Loyal soldier, to hero, to traitor, now a thief. she thinks. She stows her gear. She missed the comfort of her hat.

Silverstag
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Silverstag » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:24 am

Coco smiled slightly as Thea came up to them, confirming about their status. Giving a quick mental review she gave a small nod. It all sounded good to her, and now they have a solid group together. It would make it significantly easier. “I should be good to go.” She confirmed with the others. Coco's eagerness started to seep through her voice. It has been a week or so since she has done something fun. Flying a small pod and then a good ol’ freighter? Sounded like her type of fun. Following the group, she hung out in the back, not giving much commentary as Thea advised the owner that they were ready. The money would be nice as well, give her some credits to work with. Maybe she could get some upgrades for her own spacecraft. Thinking about it, she wondered if she could just take the freighter afterwards and stow it here. It would be useful to have a large ship available. Grinning at the thought of having a second ship, she looked over to Beryl. “When and where should we find our target?” She asked cheerfully.