It's Writing Month!

Check out our One Stop Writing Shop!
Whether you're taking part in NaNo, or just looking to write more, there's something for everyone.

A New Moderator Appears!
Join us in congratulating our newest recruit!

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

[IC] A Journey through Space and Time!

When a call goes out to members of the collective, this forum appears to host the resulting events. Current: Exordium Renewal

Moderator: The Game Master

Palacia
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Vampire

Re: [IC] A Journey through Space and Time!

Post by Palacia » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:52 am

Crim’s entries into atmospheres always made Palacia a touch nervous. It was a strange sensation, he knew that the force and damage sustained in a crash would do little to harm him. Nevertheless he felt traces of stress flux throughout his body. Though it wasn’t long before the ship cleanly made it’s approach to Wales. He clenched his jaw one last time as the ship set down, glad to finally be back on the ground. Flying in atmosphere’s had never been Palacia’s most enjoyable activities.

21st century Earth, Palacia mused for a few moments before digging around his pouch for a few moments before pulling out a black windbreaker. He put it on and tested it’s mobility, before promptly taking it off and shoving it back into his pouch. As always he couldn’t stand restraining clothes.
Rick wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:52 am
“It’s…snowing!” Kiri answered excitedly, it was very rare for the group to go anywhere when it was snowing.
The announcement of snow broke Palacia’s thought train and his mind reawakened to the present. “Hmm, what?” he mumbled, haven’t not fully been heard while he’d delved into his mind. He looked out the window and sure enough spotting the snow hazily falling through the air. It was a good snowfall, fluffy with a good cadence. Pretty. His clothes shifted from a pitch black to a light grey.

“ Ha! Dragon hunting on a snowy day, oh what fun this will be!”

“ Yes, yes, now just make sure you keep my fur from singing off. You hear me.” It was Kiri, she pawed up to him carrying a set of familiar straps. She handed them to Palacia, he begrudgingly took them. His last experience with Kiri hadn’t been the safest and the poor cat had been singed by a rather angry fire-spewing creature. It was only a minor burn, really, but she makes it known just how much fur had been singed and makes certain Palf knows it too.

“ It was only a small patch! Look,” Palf points to small area on the cat, “ you can barely see it now!”

“ Yes, but you can see it.” The cat mewed back.

Palf sighed, “Fine, but you gotta keep the commentary down, I don’t care if you spot a mouse, or mice, or rat, or anything. Human’s don’t appreciate speaking cats the way I do.” He grumbled back to the cat. Kiri raised a paw in agreement. Palacia then tied the harness to his body and moved over to Rick, hoping in a rover.

“Want a hit before we offload?” He asked, extending a small bag of Grenwurm.
Image All credit to Forge, amazing work

Lumeus
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Mage

Post by Lumeus » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:00 pm

Lumeus wondered if this time would be different.

His dealings with dragons were historically sparse and tentative affairs. The elders of their species knew what Lumeus was, and over the millennia it had become an unspoken accord that it was probably for the best if Resonant and Dragons kept their distance from one another, especially after that Chicago incident in 1871.

When they entered earth’s atmosphere he knew they had arrived in the early 21st century. The air was saturated in radio waves, wifi signals, television broadcasts; a constant barrage of streaming information filling the air for anyone to see. He could tell that some of it was meant to be private, but it was just so poorly concealed. If one knew what they were looking at, all the messages being sent back and forth were perfectly readable.

Lumeus glanced out the window, peering past the grey overcast sky, and into the stars beyond. He placed them quickly and noted they were in the earth year 2018 A.D., only a few months in.

The ship descended quickly and Lumeus could see the city below. Cardiff. Last he was there had been in the 1914. So much had changed, but some things were the same.

When the ship landed, Lumeus followed the others out to the vehicles. His clothing rippled like water as he walked, and by the time he left the ship he was wearing a comfortable, stone grey, quarter-zip cashmere sweater over a white undershirt, plaid, dark grey wool trousers, soft leather black boots, a black double-breasted pea coat, a white aran scarf, and a grey driver’s cap that accentuated his now ice blue eyes.

Following Palacia, Lumeus climbed in behind the passenger side seat and settled himself before buckling his seat belt.

“Can we stop at the Cardiff Central Market, please? Fifty-one-point-four-eight-zero-one degrees north by three-point-one-seven-eight-eight degrees west."
Last edited by Lumeus on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Legion_Ex
Wanderer
Wanderer
Location: In the secret Legion Headquarters of Doom-Inducing Flamboyance
Class: Necromancer

Post by The_Legion_Ex » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:02 pm

He silently thought hard about who to summon.... Since the snow is quite a good condition to have an ice-elemental helper and that he must not act suspicious, he decided to call forth Jaervis.

With that as his next move, he silently marched his way to somewhere not far from the ship and hidden from anyone who is not from the ship before pulling out a small circular gadget. He then flipped it open before dialing the Character Assignment Number (CAN) into its input device before tossing it towards the ground which is also hidden from those not from the ship.

The small gizmo landed on the ground and emitted a very faint purple light before opening up into a small portal where his summoned helper emerged, rising up via a pillar of ice that extended under his feet as some sort of elevator. The summon the jumps into action (in a literal sense too.) as he lands near Omega L's location, allowing the ice pillar to shatter itself.

The helper is in the form of a pale-skinned man with spiky blue hair, a grey shirt with rolled up sleeves, some navy blue blazers, decent pants and shoes and a pair of combat gloves. He also wears a red bandanna around his mouth and has a scar that runs vertically though his non-functional left eye.

Details aside, this servant of his silently stood with some sort of enthusiasm and honor for being the first unit at the base to be called. He then hands out the used-up gizmo, that he took during his rise, to Omega L so it can have a chance to recharge.

Omega L then waits for what will happen next before he moves.
The Ex Legion: A squad of underlings under one mind.

Trekwars
Scout
Scout

Post by Trekwars » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:48 am

With a thunderous crash, a blue portal opens violently in the hanger, just a few feet away from where Rick’s ship had been docked. Out of the portal the slender figure of Isaac stumbles out, clutching a green suitcase in one hand and a pink one in the other. As he stands there he quickly straightens the bright yellow Hawaiian shirt he bought just for this occasion. Not only had Isaac purchased the shirt but to go along with it he had also bought a cheap looking straw hat along with round sunglasses.

As Isaac stands there in his tacky looking outfit he notices that the ship he is supposed to be on isn’t there.

“Huh, must be early..” He says outloud to noone in particular. He sets down his suitcases and decides to sit on the green one, waiting patiently for everyone else to arrive. As he sits he mindlessly fiddles with the metal Watch Claw on his arm, tightening and loosening the grips and flipping through all of the destinations he has been to.

After about 2 minutes of sitting there alone without any sign of other people Isaac decides to walk over to a computer terminal built into the wall of the hanger. Greetings Isaac Hayward , how may I help you today? Responds the computer terminal after Isaac pushed a few buttons.

“Can you show me the current arrival time scheduled for Rick’s ship? I believe it is called the Crimson.”

A few seconds go by while the computer contemplates this idea. The Ship you are looking for left the hanger almost 6 minutes ago, last known destination was Wales, Earth , Have a nice day! . Awestruct by the news that Rick and the rest of the party had left without him, Isaac stands stunded for a minute speechless.

“They Left without me!” He calls into the air. “They actually left without me! I sent the message telling him I wasn’t going to be late! I made sure to send it as fast as I could, and it wasn’t like I meant to be late!” As Isaac rants he starts to pace around the hanger, flipping through all of the destinations in his Watch Claw, finally finding Wales, Earth.

“You know what, I guess I will just meet them there,” He decides, starting to warm up the Watch Claw’s Multiverse traveling mechanics. Suddenly after pressing a series of buttons a brilliant blue portal opens in the middle of the hanger, blowing strong gusts of wind all around. Grabbing his two bags Isaac walks through the portal, determined to meet everyone in Wales.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The first thing he noticed was the snow. As Isaac stepped out of the portal he was welcomed by a cold burst of wind and snow. Shivering while trying to find heat in the thin Hawaiian shirt he decided to wear, he looks around trying to see where Rick’s ship might be. Suddenly a beep from his Watch Claw causes his line of sight to drop to figure out what the beep is about.

In bold red text on the screen of the Watch Claw, an error message appears.
ERROR, MULTIDIMENSIONAL JUMP UNSUCCESSFUL. DUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES PORTAL HAS BEEN OPENED 10 MILES FROM PREFERRED DESTINATION. TO COMPENSATE, DESTINATION TIME HAS BEEN SET TO ONE HOUR BEFORE PREFERRED LANDING TIME.

“Ten Miles! Are your serious!?” Isaac cries out into the cold while a few people walk around him, staring at him and his weird choice of clothing. Maybe I can still make it, I doubt they will be to quick in leaving this place, so maybe I can walk the ten miles. He thinks to himself as he starts to look around him, trying to see if he can find anything that may be of use to him.

The only building in the area that could prove any use to him is a small, shady looking bike rental building with a warning sign on the window that reads, “We are not responsible for any pain, injuries, or death caused by our bikes”.

Seeing no other option Isaac begins to walk over the bike rental building, with his two suitcases in tow.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From the East the sight of a humanoid figure pushing a bike can be seen through the snow flurry. As the figure gets closer people would start to notice that the figure is wearing a thin hawaiian shirt that is being blown violently in the wind.

As Isaac gets closer to the range rovers the bike he is pushing with him starts to come more in focus, with pink flower decals and a pretty flower basket on the front. His two suitcases can be seen strapped to the frame of the bike, barely being held up.

Instead of addressing or complaining to anyone about how they left him behind he simply drops the bike into the snow and retrieves his two suitcases, immediately then turning his attention to the second Rover. As he walks towards the second rover he passes by Rick and simply says “I don’t want to talk about it.” Dropping his two bags into the back Isaac pulls himself into the driver's seat and starts up the vehicle, immediately turning on the heat trying to thaw out his frozen bones.
Thanks to Forge for the Signature text, Wad for the Avatar, and Georgie for the creative idea.

Fireynay
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Werebeast

Post by Fireynay » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:40 am

Nay spent the rest of the journey staring out of the window beside her chosen seat, avoiding looking at anyone else. She felt much better as the familiar landscape began to materialise below. Mountain ranges giving way to rolling hills and eventually villages, towns and one of three cities located in South Wales, even though most of it was blanketed in thick snow she could pick out her favourite places.

Her attention was brought to her growing hunger by a series of loud rumbles in her stomach. Luckily these were drowned out by Rick,
“Ahem, now that we have all eaten-“
Nay snorted quietly.
“So, we just landed, uh, Nay has her dragon we are going to go check out hiding away in a “mine” according to her friend who is always right,”
Her ears reddened again and she felt her fists clenching at the sides, before she consciously forced herself to relax. Then the snow was mentioned and a wave of excitement seemed to ripple through the group as they began to make their way to the mentioned Range Rovers. Nay headed in the opposite direction first to grab some cold weather supplies from her room. A thick coat which she hurriedly shrugged on over her dress, a hat and a pair of gloves. She didn't actually feel the cold but was well used to appearing normal in front of humans. She had learnt at a young age that humans tended to treat people with suspicion if they appeared to be over- or under-dressed for any situation, avoiding suspicion had been an early lesson.

Arriving outside not long after everyone else, Nay watched carefully where everyone seemed to be heading and chose the car that didn't contain Rick. After the awkward exchange in the ship, she wasn't in any hurry to be anywhere so confined with him. Quietly sliding into the back, she offered the new arrival a small smile, pretty sure that this was the sandwich guy she had heard about from the halloween event she had missed. She had been raised with better manners than to ask though and simply offered a quiet, "Hello, it's nice to meet you."
Thank you Forge for the amazing set!

Rick
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Pirate

Post by Rick » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:09 am

JOINT POST
Glasskull, Lumeus, Moccasin, Palacia, Rick

Once Rick was comfortably sitting in the driver’s seat of the Range Rover digitized by Crimson, he accepted Palacia’s offering of grenwurm. The great thing about grenwurm was that one didn’t have to smoke it, Rick enjoyed chewing on it in an effort to keep his mind focused on one thing. Palacia held open a small, wooden box that was carved with intricate designs, picking a small, purple dried flower of grenwurn to masticate on while he waited for everyone else to hop into the car. Rick didn’t like waiting, and being the gracious host that he was, turned to look at the members of the trip slowly trickle out of the dentist office Crimson was cloaking as. Rick honked the horn twice quickly, getting anxious looks from Benjie and Kiri who considered such actions as rude.

“Shotgun!” MOQ sprinted towards the Rover, her exosuit transforming into a bright pink parka. She took on the appearance of a teenage girl, her antennae splitting into thousands of perfect blonde strands and her third eye disappearing into her forehead.

In MOQ’s fervent rush to sit in what she called Shotgun, Palacia clicked his tongue and made his way into the back of the vehicle, sitting in the middle.

Lumeus, who Rick was wary about anytime he was close to the strange being, climbed in after MOQ, asking if they could go to the Cardiff Central Market.

“Uh…I don’t see why not…not that I’m looking for a reason to say no…uh, yeah, let me input it into the GPS,” As Rick looked up the directions to Cardiff Central Market, Trek passed by the window in an impossibly thin Hawaiian shirt, his face, and most of his skin, a light shade of pale blue.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” was all Trek offered, Rick gave him a thumbs up and turned on the radio. MOQ snickered, pulling out a roll of plasmic bubblegum, claiming a juicy piece for herself, before passing it around to the others.

Lester left the ship along with the others, trying to remember if he’d heard anything about Earth. He was certain there was no mention of it in the Library, otherwise he’d have remembered. ‘I haven’t seen snow in a long time’ he thought, watching the petals fall to the ground. Suddenly, he shuddered. ‘I haven’t felt this cold in a long time, either’ he thought as he murmured Horacio’s Warming Wave. Almost immediately he felt the Wave surrounding his body, shielding him from the cold. He approached the rovers and looked at them curiously. “That’s what people use here for transport, huh? Interesting design…” he said, not forwarding the thought to anyone in particular. After a bit of thought, he went into the car Rick, Lumeus, MOQ, and Palacia were already in. After all, one familiar face was better than none, even if that face belonged to a being Lester still had a lot of trouble understanding. As he sat down, his flying tome rested on his knees. “Have any of you been here before?” he asked, trying to start a conversation.

Lumeus nodded. “Yes. I was here over 100 years ago, before this planet’s Great War. Back then this city was one of the world’s most successful exporters of coal. Good for the economy, bad for the environment. Everything was choked in sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxide, carbon dioxide, and mercury. The city was very dirty. And toxic.”

Lumeus gazed out the window. “It looks a lot better now.”

Rick was getting impatient just waiting around so he turned on the car, hoping it would put a little pep in the latecomers step.

“I’m from Earth, though not this one, mine was very...mundane, I guess, we definitely didn’t have any dragons in mines,” Rick said sarcastically, he still didn’t believe there was a dragon hiding out in Wales, of all places.

“Personally, I think Earth is pretty interesting. Everything here is so… primitive. It’s like traveling 2000 years into the past.” MOQ offered, smacking her gum contentedly.

A small smile played on Lumeus’ lips at the word “primitive”.

“Primitive?” Rick asked as he fiddled with the heating controls, “Isn’t your planet like, rows and rows of honeycomb towers, MOQ?”

Rick unwrapped the piece of gum MOQ had given him and popped it into his mouth, creating a giant glob of plasmic gum and grenwurm.

“Juicy,” Rick said, turning to MOQ and giving her a big smile with the giant glob spread across his teeth.

Palacia had been chewing his grenwurm for some time now, embracing the drug’s furthering effects with each chew with growing delight. Impressive stuff, truly it was lucky that he and Rick had met the “pilot” Kirble. His mind flitted between arbitrary thoughts before the methodic snowfall entranced his mind. The constant voiceless chatter from within his vessel quieted down, either they were also enthralled by the snowfall or the grenwurm was impressive indeed. Though he’d caught a bit of the conversation, enough to know they were heading to a market of sorts. Although their identity had slipped his mind, completely.

“What an odd bunch we are, a collective of immortals, mortals, some of us may even be coined as gods. Yet here we are going to a market in bloody Wales, whilst hunting for a supposed dragon in a mine. Strange, no?” He paused, suddenly aware he’d entered into the midst of a conversation, “My kind are awfully arrogant about our superiority to other sentient creatures, it’s a refreshing change of peace for so many powerful beings to be open to potentially simplistic endeavors. Though ‘simplicity’ is of course objective.” He let out what could be observed as a nervous laugh, though he wouldn’t strike a person as being the nervous type.

“I don’t even know what a dragon is. I’m just here for the sights, to be honest.” MOQ cocked her head to the side, brushing a few holographic hairs behind her ear. “Lumeus. What exactly do they sell at the market anyways?”

Lumeus’ eyes darted back and forth for a second as he counted. “There are over seventy vendors that sell goods ranging from-“

“You know what? I want it to be a surprise. Don’t tell me anything.” MOQ flashed the storyteller a devilish grin, before turning to Rick, who was rolling his eyes behind his aviators. “What?”

Upon receiving no response, MOQ feigned sadness, before leaning into him, hand laid carelessly on the stick, a childish glint in her eyes. “How’d they let you run this thing anyways? You can barely manage your own ship. They must really trust you.”

Rick, entirely focused on trying to spot MOQ’s third eye in her teenage form, was taken aback by her sudden questioning of his character. That this happened in front of Lumeus, a creature he couldn’t even begin to understand, was enough to make Rick start the car and smash down on the gas….only to have the car jerk forward violently as the tires slipped on the snow.

“Fuck...eh, I mean, these manual cars, grew up driving automatic, hehe,” Rick took his foot off the gas and tried again, his cheeks turning a slight shade of crimson.

“Hey, hey, I was just joking! I’m sorry. I’m sorry.”

“What?! I’m not bothered, MOQ, haha, these are all adults going on a road trip, it would be pathetic if I had to keep an eye on them,” In an attempt to protect his ego, Rick reached for the radio and turned it on, Louie Louie by the Kingsmen played through the speaker system.

Palacia, startled by the sudden jump of the car, frowned. “Okay, children.” He looked at MOQ. “Settle down and let the man drive.”

“I was just about to, trust me.” MOQ sighed, before rolling her eyes. She hated being talked down to. By the second chorus of the road trip song, she had made up her mind to give him the old one-two. In a flash of light, MOQ fazed out of her disguise and put on her regular insect-like visage, staring Palacia down with three lightless eyes. “By the way, I am a century older than you. But if it makes you feel better, you can keep on chewing your space weed and telling me to shut up, but as far as I’m concerned, I am old enough to ignore you.”

Rick laughed out loud, glad the spotlight had been taken off him and placed on Palacia.

“At what age do you have to listen to him?” Lumeus wondered aloud.

At that Kiri let out what was the cat equivalent of laughter, clearly quite pleased with the ongoing conversation. “Yes, yes do tell Palacia, at what age does one have to be to listen to you?” She mewed at the Soulmancer.

“Depends, how old are you, neko?”

“Certainly old enough to ignore you.”

“Well. Jump in line then,” Palacia leaned back further into his seat and popped another grenwurm bud into his mouth.

Lester listened into the conversation at first, but then got absorbed into the view outside the window. It’s been a long time since he’d last left the Library, long enough even for something as mundane as snowfall look fascinating. “Beautiful” he whispered, observing the snowflakes surrounding the car.

“Benjie, take the wheel,” Rick let go of the wheel as Benjie quickly grabbed it with his little paws, trying his best to keep the car on the road as Rick picked a piece of Grenwurm stuck between his teeth. "Alright, it’s early and all I had back on the Ark was a couple drinks, you guys wanna stop to get something to eat? Does anyone know if the local food is any good? From what I remember British food isn’t particularly...interesting.” Rick blew a giant bubble of gum before it popped and covered his mouth in the bright pink substance.

Rick gently moved Benjie’s paws from the wheel and took over, loudly singing along to the Kingsmen’s Louie Louie.

“I vote eat!” Benjie barked out excitedly, shooting his paws up in victory.

“Me too! I want to taste these chips and fish I’ve heard so much about!” Kiri said with wide eyes as she licked her chops.

Rick kept looking at his side mirror, wondering where the hell the other car was, but quickly lost interest when the Cardiff central market came into view and all the glorious food stalls gave him a ‘come hither’ look. He quickly swerved into the parking lot, cutting off a school bus bringing children from a local mute school who could be heard crying out in a strange ‘whaaaa’ sound as the bus braked hard to avoid collision with the Range Rover.

“We are here!” Rick unlocked his door and kicked it open, rushing to get outside and buy some food.

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator
Class: Adventurer

Post by Sammy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:15 am

JOINT POST
Sammy, Forge, Fireynay, Trek and The LegionEx

The elemental struck out into the snow, taking a moment to simply enjoy the crunch of it beneath her boots and the cold kiss of the winter air against her cheeks before taking stock of the transport situation. Sammy looked from one car to the other, let out a sigh and repressed the urge to interfere. Having organised the event, surely it made more sense for Rick and Palacia to be taking control of a vehicle each so they could better coordinate the group? Still, she had promised to interfere only in the direst circumstances so, biting her tongue, she made her way over to the second vehicle, opened the door to the front passenger seat and regarded Isaac with mild alarm.

“Oh. Hello Isaac,” she smiled, glancing uncertainly at the back and giving Nay a little wave while quietly contemplating how well a fire elf would be likely to hold up in a road traffic accident. Life was so much easier when she only had herself to worry about. The last time she’d seen Isaac, he’d been caressing a burger and whispering sweet nothings into whatever burgers possessed in place of ears which, while not necessarily having a direct correlation to driving prowess, certainly wasn’t doing much to put her mind at ease. “Please don’t take this the wrong way… but are you sure you know how to operate one of these things?”

Smiling with a bright and cheery smile Isaac responds with a shivering voice. “Of c-course I know what I am d-d-doing! This isn’t my first rodeo after all.” The sound of his teeth rattling can be heard loudly throughout the vehicle as he fights to warm himself up. It is true that the only real experience Isaac has had driving was about 6 years ago when he was a little boy backing the station wagon down the driveway, but it can’t be that difficult, right?

“I was j-just introducing myself to Nay here.” He says, gesturing to the Fire elf in the back seat who offered them both a soft smile at the mention. “D-d-do you know who else will be riding with us?”

Sammy shrugged, apparently well satisfied with the answer and climbed into the passenger seat, closing the door in the hopes of helping to stop Isaac’s teeth from chattering quite so violently. “I… really don’t know. It seems our tour organisers are lacking a bit on the organisational front.”

Forge had peeled off from the group while they made their preparations, backtracking to where he’d stored his gear in order to retrieve the swords and hunt for something warm to wear. It wasn’t that he’d need it - both a consequence of growing up in the North and his own more unique traits meant he’d probably get along alright without any added layers, especially with the car to travel in. People would look at him strangely enough on account of his clothing as it was, though, and giving them an additional excuse seemed pointless. Nothing he’d brought would be of particular use in helping him blend in, and so he went looking, poking his head into a half-dozen rooms until the ship intervened and directed him to a storage locker. There were a handful of coats there, ranging from practical to downright odd - was tweed in fashion, somewhere in the multiverse? - and after a cursory scan Forge settled on a dark grey number that looked warm enough. It was something called an “are-manny”, Crimson told him, and of course Rick wouldn’t mind him borrowing it. They were a dime a dozen. He should probably just keep it, in fact. The swordsman trusted the computerised voice about as much as he trusted Darkblade to talk someone off of a ledge, but nonetheless, he figured that borrowing the garment for a short while wouldn’t matter much.

By the time he made it outside, the division of travelling companions seemed to have mostly taken place. Forge glanced at the first car, juddering faintly as Rick and his cohorts presumably tormented one another, and muttered quiet thanks that he’d avoided that particular mess. The swordsman crunched slowly over to the second car, savouring the feel of the snow underfoot before flipping the boot open. Among the items the Crimson had helped him appropriate was a gym bag that was just big enough to fit his blades in, and he’d leapt on the opportunity to take them along without inadvertently terrifying any of the locals. The bag went into the back, along with a pair of battered suitcases that made him lean into the vehicle’s interior and cast a wary glance at the driver’s seat.
“Isaac’s driving?” He asked, tossing the question out for anyone to correct him. Not that the other man wasn’t capable in his own way. It was just that this was a multi-tonne vehicle, not a sandwich.

“It’s not his first rodeo, apparently. Looks like he’d struggle to be much worse at driving than Rick, though. I’m sure there are rules here about driving under the influence,” Sammy replied, glancing over her shoulder with a smirk. “In you get, you’re letting all the cold air in and poor Isaac’s teeth are chattering so much I think they’re at risk of falling out.”

Nay glanced out the window towards the other car and shuddered slightly as she saw it jump forwards, more pleased than ever that she’d chosen this car. She most definitely did not have a death wish. At the mention of the cold, she turned her attention back to the occupants of her own vehicle, “If nobody has any objections, I could probably warm it up a bit in here, once the door’s closed anyway.”

Meanwhile, Omega L decides to enter the most vacant vehicle, commanding Jaervis to use his ice powers to try make an extra seat at one side by picking up snow and arranging it into a side-chair of some sorts while taking caring not to look suspicious as he picks up snow, arranges it and hardens it. That is where the subordinate will sit on. That aside, once Jaervis has done his job, Omega L proceeds to sit at one of the back seats whilst checking his surroundings to see who else will sit with him and then examines his direct location to see who is already in the car other than his “Ice Guy”..

If Forge was reassured by Isaac’s rodeo resume he said nothing, shifting out from under the boot hatch and slamming it closed. The swordsman trudged around to the remaining seat, tugging the door open and kicking his boots clean against the side of the car before sliding in next to Omega L. He gave the strange man a nod, not really being familiar with him, then settled back against the headrest and closed his eyes.

“Think that’s everyone, Isaac and, if it’s not and we’ve left someone out in the snow… well,” the Elemental lowered her voice conspiratorially, pitching it so only Isaac and anyone with particularly keen hearing, “We can just tell Gideon that it was all Rick’s fault.”

Seeing the other car start to lurch forward Isaac would look down awkwardly at the steering wheel with all of the buttons on and around it. As he stares worriedly at it he begins to mumble to himself, lightly pushing button and trying to figure out all of the controls. “So… that must be the ‘Go Faster pedal’, which means that’s the ‘Stopper’.....”

Noticing that everyone in the car is staring at him with concerned looks of fear and distrust Isaac quickly takes the steering wheel in both hands and says confidently, “Trust me everyone, I know what I am doing…. I think,” And with that he switches the car into Drive (That’s what the D stands for, right?) and hits the gas, doing his best to catch up to the other car.

While the ride could have been disastrous it was actually quite pleasant, with the only mishap being Isaac not realizing which side of the road they were supposed to drive on. Finally arriving only a few minutes behind the other Rover, sliding slightly in the light snow until coming to a complete stop.

“See, I told you I knew what I was doing.” Says Isaac in a shallow voice while his hands are still latched in a death grip to the steering wheel.
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Rick
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Rick » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:38 am

Red’s boots hit the soft snow with a satisfying thud as he stepped out of the car, Benjie took this chance to stretch out and take a deep breath, the crisp Welsh air filling his lungs.

“I’m hungry,” Benjie exclaimed as he turned his head to look up at Red.

“What are you doing? Be quiet, talking dogs aren’t a thing here, you’re going to attract locals, and these are English locals, so damn superstitious,” As Red said this completely unfounded statement the school bus full of mutes had parked and began un-boarding, giving Red and his party rather rude looks.

“See? They probably think you’re possessed or something, going to want to burn you at the stake,” Benjie quickly covered his muzzle with his two fluffy paws, almost as if to take back the words he had spoken.

“Also we ate in the ship, so just a light meal, then we’ll do some shopping,” Red turned back to the car and poked his head in,” Alright, going to have a look around then we can meet in the middle, decide what to do after that, get your supplies first, then we can eat,” Red gave everyone a thumbs up before pulling back out and slamming the door shut.

Red made his way to the market as everyone else stepped out of the car. Cardiff Central Market was a large two story building of glass and stone, with rows and rows of stalls selling anything from fruits and jewelry to fresh baked pasties and Thai noodles. The upper floor had less stalls and Red didn’t even bother going up there, making a bee line for the Thai noodles and ordering two small bowls.

“Two, please,” Red pointed to the image of a small bowl filled with yellowish noodles with a healthy portion of beef piled on top.

The small, old Asian man running the stalls gave Red a simple nod, turned, picked two pre made bowls and handed them to Red and Benjie, the latter taking it with gusto and immediately began the scarfing down process.

“Have a blessed day,” Was all the Asian man offered as he quickly retreated to the back of his stall, not even waiting for Red to pay who, in all honestly, was too hopped up on grenwurm to even notice he hadn’t paid.

“Wales is weird,” Red took his bowl and made his way around the isles, noticing just how calm the market was. Every stall was open and running, but no one was shopping.

There were customers, or rather people, walking around, checking the stalls, but no one bought anything as far as Red could see in-between mouthfuls of pad Thai noodles. Everyone that passed him simply nodded and gave him the same line,” Have a blessed day.”

“Fuckin’ Wales is weird, yo,” Red said again as Benjie nodded in agreement, bits of noodle and beef jingling around his muzzle.

Lumeus
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Lumeus » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:54 pm

During the thrilling roller coaster of a ride across the city of Cardiff, Lumeus busied himself with adjusting the angles of the various traffic and cctv cameras along their route so that the thirty-seven traffic violations Rick and Isaac collectively accrued would go unnoticed, and more importantly, unrecorded.

Upon arrival at the market, Lumeus began searching for the nearest cash machine. Earth’s early 21st century was all about convenience in their “First World” countries, and Lumeus had to agree that placing large amounts the local currency in easily accessible boxes all over their major cities was convenient, and as luck would have it, a bank called “NatWest” had installed an atm right across the street from the market next to a coffee shop called “Costa”.

Lumeus temporarily disabled the nearby security camera, placed a finger to the touch screen, and collected the ten grand in British currency that was dispensed. Folding the stack of paper, he slipped it all into his coat pocket and walked back to the market to join the others.

His first stop was to a vendor called “Carline’s Jewellery” where he purchased as many gold pieces as the ten grand would allow. He had requested the gold be 24 karats, but learned that because it was relatively soft, it was uncommon for wearable jewellery to have that level of purity. So he settled for the few pieces they did have and then purchased the rest in 22 and 18 karat.

“Have a blessed day,” the merchant intoned after the transaction was completed.

Something about the way the vendor spoke the sentence seemed… off, but Lumeus didn’t want to be rude, so he just smiled and replied, “To you as well.”

He took the stairs up to the second floor and found a seat at one of the tables in a café where he began the meticulous task of separating the gold in the jewellery from the other alloys it had been smelted with.

The_Legion_Ex
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The_Legion_Ex » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:02 am

Pre-scare-trip, Omega L nodded back to the swordsman whom he doesn't know at all and prepared to brace himself before the acceleration started... And that is when the scare begun for a fair amount of time. Thank goodness, everyone survived.

-----

[(Post-DeathRideRodeo)]

Now that everyone is at the market and that the "rodeo" has ended, Omega L and Jaervis waited for the path to clear before stepping out of the vehicle in a still-dizzy manner. Omega L surely has paled from the ride as he took a very deep breath and calmed himself a bit. Such a drive is very unlike the driving he usually experiences.. Even in combat. At least it is not his other minion, Frederick Feller, who can repeatedly crash a single car in one day and be the only survivor.

Now is not the time to worry this time, Jaervis has already calmed down thus the two began to look around the market. They are awaiting for the next thing to happen so that they can now make their own advance.

Palacia
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Vampire

Post by Palacia » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:08 pm

The grenwurm high absorbed most of the car ride to Cardiff’s market. As the chatter between the passengers had naturally quieted down he felt little in the need to rekindle the conversation and instead absorbed his mind in internal dealings. Attempting to make himself as small as possible in his seat, he didn’t like being in the middle, surrounded on all sides. Wasn’t a comfortable feeling, it wasn’t Lumeus’ presence or the strange mage’s presence it was a very simple, very “human” invasion of his personal space. Though it was only a prickling thought on his mind.

Rick’s driving hardly bothered him now, he’d grown used to it. In fact, at this point he’d come to enjoy the almost erratic behavior. Palacia yawned, and quietly nodded off. The sound of the engine switching off woke Palacia from his light cat nap, he looked around to see that they’d indeed arrived at the market. He heard Kiri, who was still attached to the harness meow slightly and Palacia looked to see that she’d also just woken up as well. It would seem they’d both taken cat naps.

Palacia exited the vehicle groggily after Lumeus and started to wander around a bit. He didn’t particularly have anything in mind to shop for. Though he figured he might as well explore the multistoried building while he was here and see what he could find. He entered the multistoried building, Keeping quiet and moving around people he kept a pretty low profile, well at least he tried the cat strapped to his chest seemed to attract a fair few more eyes that he would have liked. His ears perked for interesting conversations or strange rumors, but nothing just a phrase repeated more of often than not. “Have a blessed day.” Consistently said in place of a greeting or when folks departed from one another presence. Palf, curious, approached a baker and his shop and looked around for a moment before going up to the counter. “Some fine loaves of bread you have here, sir.”

The baker looked at Palacia and gave a very warm smile, “ I’ve had a very blessed day.”

Palacia replied with a warm smile, pointed at a loaf of sourdough bread, “ Could I have that loaf of fine looking sourdough bread?”

The baker nodded and began bagging the loaf of bread while Palacia reached into his dimension pouch and scrounged for enough valid currency to pay off the baker. After a few moments of awkward silence, the bread in bakers hand waiting patiently, Palacia managed to retrieve a varying assortment of coins from his pouch and handed it awkwardly to the man.

“Keep the change.” Was all he said before taking the bread and heading off.

“ Have a blessed day,” was all he heard from the baker.

Palacia chewed on the bread as he walked. In was heading, in a rather roundabout way towards Rick. Further observing the people and the varying shops. There was a primal sort of enjoyment found not in shopping, but browsing wares, perhaps seeing new items or variations of known objects. Or perhaps there was an old Starchild who’s love of browsing had bled over into Palacia, he wasn’t certain.

It didn’t take too long for him to find Rick and which point, Kiri who’d wisely kept quiet the whole time waved one of her small paws at Rick and Benjie. A grin formed on Palacia when he noticed the two eating, something he’d come to know was an often habit of theirs.

“ Yo.” Palf munched on some more of his bread, “ Somethins’ off here. Have you noticed that everyone seems to be saying have a blessed day? That seems unusual, well I guess I’ve never been to Cardiff before, but still? Seems a bit cultish.” He said between chewing his bread.
Image All credit to Forge, amazing work

Fireynay
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Werebeast

Post by Fireynay » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:22 am

Nay slowly released the grip she had on her seat belt. She had been holding on so tight her knuckles had turned white and her hands shook as little as the feeling began to return. "I don't mind driving back if you wanted to take a rest..." she offered, trying to be tactful and not insult Isaac or his driving. There was no way she'd be getting back in that car again if he was driving though.

Before climbing out of the car, she pulled her hat on to cover her ears, the only obvious sign that she wasn't human. She was well versed at avoiding human detection despite not having spent much time in places that were heavily populated by humans. Cardiff had always been one of her favourite places to visit when they did leave the enchanted forest though.

Reminded once again of the need to eat, Nay's first stop after entering the market was the cafe on the second floor where she ordered far too much food. She was so distracted by her hunger that she failed to notice the strange behaviour of the waitress that took her order. It was only after she had finished eating and was back on the ground floor browsing the stalls to stock up on food to take back to the ship that she even began to notice that something was off.

After her third, "Have a blessed day!" in as many minutes she was starting to realise something was seriously wrong. Swallowing down the sick feeling in her stomach she started looking around for signs of any of the other passengers. She vaguely remembered passing Lumeus as she left the cafe so decided to head back up to see if he was still there.

She heaved a sigh of relief when she saw he was still there and weaved her way through the tightly packed tables to reach him. "Do you mind if I sit?" she asked, nervously pointing at the chair across from him. "There's something strange going on here..."
Thank you Forge for the amazing set!

The_Legion_Ex
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The_Legion_Ex » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:05 pm

Seeing how his fellow adventurers are now entering the shop, the duo decide to follow in.

"I'm hungry, can we stop by at some place with plenty cold food?", said the now-hungry Jaervis who is now two feet ahead of Omega L. It is then decided that they walk the area to find said area.

First, they walked forward for a singular minute before they found a nice-looking establishment. One of the posters that are posted just near its entrance wields the quote "Hot food for the cold heart." Despite being quite offended by that poster, Jaervis decided to keep himself silent as he then looked to the left and realizes that Omega L is way ahead of him. There, he catches up with the superior man before turning a left corner in sync.

Just a couple more minutes.... And viola! An establishment that serves American food along with some ice cream! The two immediately walked into the area and swiveled right towards the nearest table, grabbing unnecessary attention as Omega L pulled back the chair he decided to sit on.. Then he sat on it. Jaervis then sat at the chair perpendicular in alignment to Omega L's sitting chair as he then picked up the menu and began reading.

"One Value Meal 1 with the Vanilla Ice Cream please", is Jaervis' order while Omega L ended up with a Value Meal 2 with an additional cup of softdrinks. The waiter, who was standing confidently near the table they where in during the small reading session, silently wrote on a white paper he was holding before walking towards the counter. They have no other choice but to wait for a minute... But it turns out that the meal already landed on their table. Afterall, the person who is supposed to take the exact same order is not present. The meal is now at room temperature, excluding the softdrinks and the ice cream which are diligently kept cold. They then consumed the goods until they are satisfied.

After this, they left the market and head outside to enjoy the snow.
Last edited by The_Legion_Ex on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lumeus
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Lumeus » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:39 pm

Lumeus & Fireynay Joint Post

“No, I do not mind,” Lumeus said, offering the elf a warm smile.

His hands moved with a delicate, rhythmic motion as he reshaped the pieces of golden jewelry by quickly super heating and cooling the metal in precise places in order to more easily remove the alloy impurities on a molecular level. The excess silver, copper, and zinc he melted together into a tiny ball no bigger than a grain of rice and placed off to the side. He kept the remained element of pure gold tucked up the sleeve of his coat so that the alluring shine of the precious metal would not attract unwanted attention.

When Nay mentioned that something strange was going on, he paused.

“And what might that be?” Lumeus asked.

Nay pulled out the chair she had indicated and perched on the edge, looking around at the other patrons, she was so distracted she didn’t even notice what Lumeus was doing. “I’m not entirely sure, but nobody except us is acting normally. All they can say is ‘Have a blessed day!’ or some variant of that.”

Normal was relative, so Lumeus would have to take Nay’s word for it.

She shrugged and bit her lip, “I don’t remember hearing anyone say that at all on any of my previous visits here. We should find some of the others, maybe they’ve seen something?”

“Are you certain this abnormality warrants our attention?” Lumeus asked as he picked more silver particles out of the gold and added them to the ball of surplus materials. “We are here to investigate the dragon, not the ‘odd’ social interactions of humans.”

Nay stared at Lumeus’ hands as she frowned, thinking. Her own hands clenched nervously in her lap, “Maybe, then again maybe not. Something is definitely not right but maybe you’re right that we shouldn’t concern ourselves with it?” The last statement should have been just that, a statement, however the slight raise in tone at the end betrayed Nay’s uncertainty and turned it into a question.

Blinking, she shook her head slightly and stood up, “I have a couple more bits to get, I should go and do it before we leave.”

“I will see you back at the vehicles then.” There was a pause before Lumeus added, “And perhaps, this time, you should drive.”

Nay gave him a startled look, “I'm not sure I should be stepping on anyone's toes.” She muttered, then hurried away to complete her shopping without waiting for an answer.

Rick
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Rick » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:40 am

Palacia & Rick joint post

Red loudly slurped his noodles as Palacia took small, spongy bits of bread and tossed them into his mouth, both men quietly studying the morning crowds that silently walked through the aisles of the Cardiff Central Market. At a glance, the market looked just like any other, dozens of stalls with workers and shoppers, mothers with young children, even a guard or two. If one looked closer though, one would notice the eerie silence; no one spoke, if a visitor wanted to buy something they simply pointed at it, paid, and moved on. No one was looking at the stalls, they walked as if they were on rails, stopping at pre-designated locations to buy something and continue on their way. Red watched all of this from behind his aviator sunglasses, making sure not to stare for too long; if he did, he noticed the group he was staring at would slowly turn to face him and smile.

“We need to get the hell out of here, this place is giving me the creeps,” Red took one last bite of his noodles before throwing away the foam bowl into a trash can nearby.

“ You creeped out too? Fuck this place, man, I’d take a gaping maw with a million teeth and a trillion eyes over this,” Palacia looked down a his bread, “ though this bread loaf is pretty good.”

Rick pushed himself off the wall he was leaning against and turned to face Palacia. Palf raised an eyebrow.

“You get any shopping done? I might just go to a general market; I don’t want to spend another second here…and they don’t have the cereal I like.”

“Nothing here particularly peaks my interest. Though maybe I should grab some more bread,” he cocked his head, “nah I’m good.” Palf finished the last of his bread and tossed the bag away. “ start gathering the squad again and take a look into this Dragon in a mine deal?” Posing the question as more of a statement than anything.

Red nodded slowly as he took one final look around the open market, trying to spot the members of the road trip, but didn’t see anybody.

“Alright, I’m going to send them a text through the communicator to head back to the cars, this place gives me that feeling, when everything is calm before the storm. That a dragon is somewhere underground does not help just how weird everyone is acting, it might be related. Do you see any of the others?” Red looked towards the food court to see if any of the members of the road trip had decided to take a seat, when Benjie forgot his place.

“I don’t see anyone,” Benjie cocked his head and narrowed his eyes before he noticed the three policemen who were passing by and had stopped when they heard the dog talk. Kiri pawed at her face, you could see the explictives rolling across her feline face.

Red, Palacia, Kiri, and Benjie froze. Red stared from one cop to the other, slowly moving his right hand to his back so he could digitize his hand cannon. The cops simply blinked at them, looked at Benjie with blank eyes and then offered what everyone else in this strange city had offered.

“Have a blessed day,” One of the cops said as they turned to leave, before Benjie waved good-bye.

Red grabbed Benjie’s fluffy paw and pushed it down.

“Are you out of your mind!”

“Not again, this had better not turn out to be like that one time.” Palacia muttered from the side, Kiri mewing a soft “here here.”

“What? They saw me and didn’t say anythi-” Red placed his hand over Benjie’s snout and tried to keep the dog quiet.

“He does have a point, they saw him speak and didn’t say anything, what if it has to do with the dragon?” Red turned and shot a bewildered look to Kiri, who had decided to give her opinion on the matter.

“Kiri’s right, somethings up. And that something definitely isn’t a cultural phenomenon.” Palf snickered at his cheesy language. “ Maybe Nay knows more about this?”

“Hmm, what has that elf gotten us into?” Red ran his hand through his hair and let out a deep sigh.

“Alright, let’s go,” Red motioned for the group to leave, Benjie taking the opportunity to unbuckle from the straps and land on the floor with a soft thud.

“You little fucker, what do you think you are doing?!” Red hissed at Benjie as the fluffy pup ran up to every person walking by and greeted them with a “have a blessed day!”

Before Red could grab Benjie and give him an earful, Palacia placed his hand on Red’s shoulder and pointed to the people Benjie was greeting,” look at them.”

Red looked and noticed they all appeared...peaceful. Before, when ordering food and when they came across the policemen, they all looked confused, bothered, like what they had just heard was difficult for them to understand. Have a blessed day was easy though, that was a something they could understand.

Red turned and faced an older lady staring blankly at what he assumed was the lady’s daughter. Red went up to the them and placed his hands firmly on the table, bringing his face an inch away from the old lady.

“Have a blessed day.”

The old lady’s eyes went wide before turning to Red and giving him a warm smile,” Have a blessed day!” She then turned back to her daughter and stared at her with glazed eyes.

Red straightened up and gave Palacia a worried look. Palf responded with a perked eyebrow. “ You know what,” Palf started chewing on another bit of Grenwurm,”I want some goddamn ice cream.” He looked around for a moment, spotting a shop, he pointed it out.

“Kiri you want some?”

“Hells to the yes.” She mewed back.

Red, Palf and their respective animal companions moved to the ice cream shop and ordered their favorite flavors. “ What a strange place we’ve landed ourselves in. Do we have to deal with this or…” Palf sighed, this was becoming a whole ordeal and he was starting to get hankering for a nap.

“Hmm, the dragon has something to do with this, so whether we want to or not, I get the feeling we are going to deal with this.”

Before long Benjie was on Red’s shoulders as they walked back to the cars, all four of them eating ice cream and telling everyone to have a blessed day.

“Oof, look at her, she’d get it,” Red pointed at a rather large woman with an eye patch standing behind a counter selling fish and chips, the lady turned to face Red, who simply gave her a thumbs up and a blessed day.

“Ewww!” Benjie shuddered and then laughed, dribbling small droplets of chocolate ice cream on top of Red’s head.

“Oo, she’d get it too,” Red pointed at another woman who was bending over to look at something, before she stood up right.

“Isn’t that Nay?” Benjie asked.

“Oh shit,” Red pivoted and turned to go down a different aisle, but Nay had spotted them.

Palf face palmed at Red’s attempt to hide from Nay before giving a friendly wave to Nay.

“O-oh, hey, Nay, done shopping? I sent you a message, we are all heading back to the car, let’s go!” Red waved her over to follow them out of the market.

Red didn’t stick around to see if Nay was surprised at them for letting Benjie and Kiri move and talk freely, instead he quickly made his way to the car, resting against the hood as Benjie and Kiri began making a pile of snowballs.

Rick
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Rick » Tue May 08, 2018 4:28 am

JOINT POST
The_Legion_Ex, Glassdoor, Nay, Palacia, Moccasin, and Rick

Nay had been so engrossed in deciding which books to buy that it was only by chance that she spotted Red and Palf at the end of the aisle, she raised a hand to wave back at Palf and was about to reply to Red when he dashed off. Shrugging, she decided to quickly finish up her shopping and follow them out to the cars.

Red took a deep breath, savoring the cool morning air as it expanded in his chest. He held his breath for a few seconds before slowly releasing it, watching as the warm air condensed into a soft pillowy cloud that slowly dissipated into nothingness. Red could feel the cold of Cardiff on his cheeks and lips, it was a strange and familiar feeling; for years the power of the old god inside him proactively kept him safe, even from something as benign as chilly weather. It was always a challenge to try and control the immense power inside him, lowering his defences so he could simply feel the cold meant he could be harmed. He didn’t like that; pain was something he very much tried to avoid at all times.

Being back on Earth proved too irresistible to pass up the chance to feel again, even just momentarily. It wasn’t exactly home; back when he was still an average human, Red never travelled to the UK, but it was close. As close as he was going to get for a long time. Red even enjoyed simply resting on the hood of the car as he watched the people of Cardiff go about their day. Watching humans simply be humans was something Red didn’t know he missed. Spending so much time travelling throughout the multiverse had made Red forget what it meant to be...himself. No explosions, no cocky mercenaries, no double crossing rebels, just simple Earth living.

But this wasn’t his Earth, something was wrong here, something was affecting these people, and now Red had to decide if this was worth investigating beyond the mine. Dealing with dragons wasn’t something he was used to, and this one somehow ended up on Earth and under a mine. Red bit the inside of his lip, the whole point of this road trip was to have a good time, maybe going toe to toe with a dragon could be fun? He did want to start collecting interesting things to mount inside Crimson, what better way to start than with a dragon head.

“All done!” Benjie exclaimed with excitement as he proudly stood over his large pile of snowballs.

“Me too!” Kiri stood next to her equally impressive snowball mound, grabbing Benjie’s paw and raising both their hands into the air in success.

“You know we’re about to leave, right?” Red lowered his aviators to get a better look at his two crewmen,” Once everyone is here, we’re off.”

Benjie ruffled his nose, displeased that all his hard work had been so easily pushed aside. The pup turned to look at Kiri, who had a more subtle look of disappointment in her eyes. No, Benjie wouldn’t stand for this, so far the whole trip had been about what the others wanted to do, now it was his turn. With one paw he reached for the last snowball he made that sat atop his pile. Benjie held it in his paw, slowly turning it, then carefully tossing it in the air a couple times, making sure he didn’t break eyesight with Red.

“Throw that, and you will be sleeping by yourself in the mess hall,” Benjie’s brow furrowed,” for a goddamn week, do you hear me?”
The snowball flew through the air incredibly slowly, too slowly, Benjie thought. The pup had made the mistake of throwing the snowball with an arc, it gave Red enough time to get out of the way....but not Palacia, who had been standing next to Red. The snowball crashed with violent force against the left side of Palacia’s face, causing the soulmancer to drop the ice cream he had just been enjoying.

Palf blinked several times; once at the impact of the soft cold snowball, twice at his unconscious reaction to jump up into the air. Manyfold at the sudden resulting loss of his Rum Raisin ice cream. Anger fluttered through his usually laid back demeanor. He turned to find the culprit, a small pup some feet away from him, already armed with another snowball. Throwing it up and down, a challenge. Plain and clear. A screw in Palf’s mind came splittingly undone. A static charge took to the air, one could almost feel the building energy around his form, the first stage was unleashed.

In a split second Palf’s arms - including several not so human looking amethyst hued crystalyne arms - were piled high with hand sized balls of snow.

“By the star you’re gunna get it you mangy mutt!” He roared.

Benjie though was well prepared, anticipating the response he moved for cover, his augmented legs giving him just enough speed to find apt cover in time to hide from the oncoming storm of pelting snow. Followed by a bolsteriously laughing Palacia, now no one was safe. Kiri was also met with a hail of snowballs, even Red who’d been neutral in the initial act was no longer safe as Palf’s artificial and actual arms blurred in their spewing of soft icy balls of doom.

Heaven forbid anyone who returns to the vehicles, for they too would be met by a hail of snowballs.

Arriving from the store after a fresh meal, Omega L and Jaervis wheresuddenly thrust into the chaos against their will, receiving a salvo of snowballs before seeking cover. Jaervis proceeded to create a wall out of snow to protect himself as Omega L drove his right hand into the snowy ground and used his energies to rapidly gather snow before lifting the large snowball he had just made. Whilst the snowball was being formed, Omega L said out loud, “A snowball for a snowball, a greater flurry of snowballs for a handful of snowballs”.

Once the small snow wall is finished, Omega L threw the snowball which split into ten smaller snowballs, which flew at no other than Palacia before Omega L rolled into cover and out of the way of some snowballs. Jaervis then attempted to make a move before getting hit on the head and hiding back into cover. Despite his clear resistance to cold-based attacks, Jaervis is just trying to play with the rules.

Palf countered the oncoming fire with snowballs of his own, exploding in a brilliant spray of fluffy goodness. He laughed, “ You’ll have to do better than that!” another boisterous laugh and Palacia, with his two actual hands, pulled his golden flute from it’s resting place and began a cheerful tune. In response six multi-armed azure hued crystalyne humanoids materialized. Immediately compacting and hurling snowballs of their own.

Lester materialized with a quiet *pop* near the vehicles. ”I got the message, friends. When are we driving o-” three snowballs hit him in the face, disrupting his sentence and the delicate spell structure of warmth aura he covered himself with. Sudden assault of cold and snow made him instinctively cast Wilbur’s Every-Wall, resulting in pillars of snow surrounding him and, due to snow being not so great of a wall material, collapsing on him. ”Oh, dear” groaned Lester as snow covered him from head to toe and brought him to the ground.

Kiri, ninja like, dodged incoming fire; jumping, twisting and gracefully avoiding a stream of snowballs. She aimed; lining up one of the newly formed soulcrystal humanoids and hurling her snowball with deadly precision, impacting the creature in the head. In response it shattered into a beautifully cascade of shimmering blue aether. Kiri let out a mew of success before several snowballs pummeled her feline frame sending her sprawling back. “I’m hit! I’m hit!” She cried out.

Red had taken a few icy balls to the face at the start of Palacia’s onslaught, normally he would have been angry if not for the total disbelief he was experiencing from watching Palacia completely lose it. Calm, sweet Palacia, who was usually munching on grenwurm and talking about some musical group that played their instruments with their emotions was now attacking members of the Ark that Red was sure Palacia had never interacted with. Red’s eyes flashed a bright green as his foot stepped down on the snow, causing three pillars to form in front of him. Benjie and Kiri ran behind the newly formed cover as Palacia was busy with Omega L and Lester.

“What...what do we do?” Kiri asked as she began a new pile of snowballs.

Before Red could answer a construct came crashing through one of the snow pillars, going straight for Benjie. The pup’s eyes went wide before Crimson activated his jetpack and shot him up into the air. The construct landed on the snow face first, Kiri took this chance to quickly jump on the construct’s back, unsheath her two daggers, and then began to quickly stab the being. Red wasn’t sure if the construct could feel pain, but the way it shuddered after every blade dug into its back was enough to give him pause. Moments later shattering into a thousand shards of amethysts before vaporizing, returning to the aether.

“Okay, kids, listen up! Crimson, guide Benjie’s jetpack towards Palacia, but keep him at a safe distance, Kiri, throw balls at Palacia whenever he gets too close to Benjie. I’m….I’m going to summon Icecoatl.”

“Icecoatl? Again? After last time?” Benjie asked worryingly, though Crimson wasn’t interested in an answer as it activated the pup’s jetpack and flew him away.

Kiri nodded, activated her stealth system and slipped away.

“Alright,” Red took a few short breaths, clasped his hands together, and then opened them wide, green molten energy spewing from his hands.

Red fell to his knees and slammed his hands on the snow covered ground. Soon all the snow around him began to take the shape of a very large serpent. Once it was fully constructed two spheres of blue flames took the place of its eyes, letting out a chilling shrill. This was enough for Palacia to turn and face Red, who simply pointed at the soulmancer. The serpent, the size of a school bus, opened its maw as it sped off towards Palacia, swallowing the soulmancer whole.

“Ha, got em.”

It took a little longer than Nay anticipated because the shop keeper didn’t have any motivation to rush, but finally she was on her way, one last “Have a blessed day.” trailing behind her as she dashed to catch up to the others. She was immediately glad she had been running late when a rogue snowball almost collided with her nose as she rounded the last corner, one she dodged just in time by stepping back behind the safety of the wall.

A grimace crossed her face, snowball fights were not her idea of fun, too much cold and too much wet. She shifted all of her bags over to one hand and lifted the other before her face, ready to blast any snowballs that came towards her. Readying herself, she made a mad dash across the car park towards the vehicle, avoiding any flying snow as best she could and melting any that came too close to her before it could hit.

Reaching the relative safety of the car she had travelled in, Nay tried the door but found it locked and Trek was nowhere to be seen, she assumed he still had the keys. “Damn!” She muttered loudly, then bit her lip hoping she hadn’t drawn too much attention to herself with her crazy bag lady run.

Magically bound serpent-formed snow slammed into Palacia, its mass knocking him slightly off balance. His musical notes stopped. Moments later the snow began to visibly undulate, a small burst of snow and Palacia emerged from the center of the beast. Breathing and laughing heavily, he was clearly quite enjoying himself.

Omega L then gave a signal to Jaervis to use one of his more unique ‘attacks’, and that is using his powers to make the wall of snow he made into a large group of perfectly formed snowballs before sending them straight to Palacia at full speed in a manner that attempts to interfere with the target’s attempt to dodge the snow snake.

Palacia raised his hand in a quick deft reaction and released a short ranged wave of energy, shattering the wall of snowballs flung at him.

Lester dug himself out of the snow only to see the magical snow fight escalate even further. Using the fact that no one was targeting him at the moment, he started observing the fight’s participants and taking notes of their abilities. The way someone fights tells a lot about a person, even if it’s just a mock fight, and Lester always found getting to know others one of the more fascinating aspects of his life. His floating companion started glowing and after few seconds a piece of purple paper appeared in Lester’s hand, immediately materializing Librarian’s mental notes with slightly curved letters. ”Thank you, Tommy” Lester smiled, nodding to the floating book.

“Okay, okay, okay,” he raised up a hand and released his enhanced state, “I’ve had my fill, I’ve a fair bit of snow down my shirt and pants and would rather not get any colder.” He started chuckling again, “ good fun, good fun.”

Noticing that the target decided to halt the offenses, he signals Jaervis to halt his attempt to use a harmless snow version of his “Blizzard Skinshredder”. Inevitably, the underling halts the risky behavior, but remains on guard in case of deception.

A flurry of snow would catch his eye, however, and soon another contender would arrive. MOQ appeared out of thin air, her fur coat cycling through different patterns before settling on a Fendi leopard print. “Don’t tell me you’re done already.”

“If you want to take a few shots at Palacia, be my guest,” Red told MOQ as he cleaned the snow from his coat and knees.

“I’ve had a good hour to experience this strange season, and it seems this material-” She held up a handful of snow, watching it sparkle in her hand. “-would be perfect for a spectacle.” With a dramatic flourish, MOQ launched herself towards Palf, her wings materializing and fluttering with determination. Within seconds, she’d smother him with snow, tackling him with uncharacteristic ferocity.

“Come on, flute boy, we’re going for a joy ride.”She grabbed him by the shoulders and rocketed into the air, spinning in a fireworks display of glittering white powder. Juri style, she’d send him hurdling back to Earth, meeting him on the ground to deliver a quick ice empowered kick to the lower back.
As the glitter spilled from the air, MOQ rubbed the ice from her tarsal claws. It had been years since she sparred with someone, and defeating Palacia gave her an ounce of pride. Though, something was off about the way he landed. MOQ shivered.

Her arms swayed strangely as she walked back to the car. She felt this before in the hive, blue streaks across her face and pink dots in the corner of her eye, but it was harder now, meaner, like hard candy to her fairy floss. She peered through the window at the ignition, her hand making lines on the glass. Her face snapped towards Nay, her eyebrows furrowing as if she had said something gross and improper.

“Rick. Give me the keys. Give me the keys, Rick. Rick. RICK!”

MOQ let out a primal scream, slamming her fists into the metal.

“IT’S COMING.”

Red raced towards the car, his eyes filled with worry. "W-what's coming? MOQ? Are you okay?"

“It’s coming. From there.” MOQ pointed behind her, snow dotting her hand like kosher salt.

“That’s...that’s where the mine is…” Nay whispered.

Red looked at Nay and MOQ, a look of worry plastered over his face.

“Alright...alright...something strange is happening here and now MOQ gets like this...we can’t leave without checking out that mine, something is going on down there,” Red looked at MOQ, he had never seen here like this, who knows what she meant or who exactly was coming, but now was the time to act.

“We can’t wait for the others, everyone get in the car, today we're dragon hunters.”

JDizzle383
Scrub
Scrub

Post by JDizzle383 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:02 am

"Oh for fuck's sake! Of all the places we had to get stuck in! A mine shouldn't have traps like this!" Oliver frowned and hit the side of the beam holding him down. Using his shrinking powers was somehow negated in this trap, like someone knew he and his twin were there. A roar sounded somewhere deep in the mine. "That's odd... did we wake up something?" Lisa piped up under his hat. She was currently the one whom had been shrunken when the trap had rendered them motionless.
=A FEW HOURS EARLIER= Oliver Twist and his Siamese twin Lisa Le Fou-given those names because of the strange phenomena that happened around them- Were at the entrance to a mine in Cardiff. the townspeople had seemed off, but that wasn't why they were here. They had heard there was a MASSIVE amount of treasure in this mine, and supposedly a monster, though they couldn't get any more information.

"Let's see if Britain's most infamous thieves can get that treasure, eh sis?" Oliver asked his twin, who was currently hiding under his hat. "That treasure is as good as ours!" she said in a high pitched squealing voice due to her current two inch height from under his top hat. As they entered the mine, a clicking sound caught their attention right before they were crushed by some sort of force and blacked out.
=PRESENT TIME= "Well this is wonderful. How long before someone comes looking for us?" Lisa asked. Oliver groaned. "Probably never. So who wants to play I spy until we starve to death or that creature we just heard finds us and has dinner?"

"Really? I'm under a hat. I only see darkness." Lisa deadpanned.

Oliver suddenly shushed her. "Hear that? I think someone just entered the mine! OVER HERE! Please HELP!!" he shouted, before realizing he could have awoken the beast said to be here just as easily with that shout.

The_Legion_Ex
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The_Legion_Ex » Wed May 09, 2018 10:41 am

Omega L snapped his fingers in response to the call. Thank goodness that the ice chair is still there in one of those snow car-things. What is left to do is to remind Jaervis that it is time to go and rush all the way to the car.

"I hope that woman is OK....." Jaervis said as he cozily adjusted to the one and only ice-chair that is still perfectly sculpted onto the snow car-thing's side. "She will be OK..." responded Omega L.

"All we need to do is to beat up some creatures with the others".
"Agreeable."
"Let us now wait for the snow-car-things to start"
"Yes."

Nothing else is done by the two as they waited for the ride to begin... Just hoping that it won't be horrible this time.

Rick
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Rick » Wed May 16, 2018 3:21 am

JOINT POST
Glassdoor, JDizzle383, Moccasin, Nay, Palacia, Rick, The_Legion_Ex

Red impatiently honked the horn three times as Palacia slowly rose from the snow and dusted himself off. After the third honk the soul-mancer looked right at Red and manifested a large birdie, then crunched through the thick slush of snow that had been left over from the group’s far too intense snowball fight. Palacia took the front passenger seat, getting in with a long sigh, popping in another large bud of Grenwurm. The battle had been somewhat taxing, though that wasn’t surprising considering the heavy hitters that had come along on the trip. Poor Palacia couldn’t even get a moment to rest; as soon as he had taken a seat Kiri and Benjie climbed on top of him and made themselves comfortable. After a moment, Palf unconsciously began petting the two. He’d grown quite fond of the little creatures. A small smile grew on his tired face.

“Alright, that’s enough fucking around, everyone in?” Red turned to look behind him; MOQ, Nay, and Lester were all seated in the back passenger seats while Jaervis was comfortably seated in the seat he had formed out of ice that was… ’stuck’ to the back of the car. Omega L, was seated near the underling.

“Let’s rock n’ roll, cavepeeps,” Red hit the gas and the wheels rolled with loud fury before the car took off at top speeds out of the Cardiff Central Market parking and unto the main roads.

“Rick....um….Rick?” A meek voice came from behind Red.

“Qué?”

“Um, Rick?” the meek voice asked again.

“What? I can hear you.”

“Um, Rick?”

“Oh for fuck’s sake, WHAT?” Red turned around and looked right at Lester before Nay raised her hand sheepishly and pointed with her thumb behind her.

“You’re going the wrong way; the mine is that direction”

“Oh shit, she’s right man, dawg you want me to drive? I don’t think the Grenwurm has kicked in just yet,” Palf mumbled, his eyes glazing in and out.

Red looked over at Palf briefly and flipped him off. His answer quite clear. In response Palf laughed, a deep hearty laugh.

After twenty minutes of driving the right direction, Red and crew arrived at the mine. The whole place was deserted and eerily silent. There was no wind, no cars, no nothing. Just silence.

“Oh for fuck’s sake!”

“What was that?” Red asked as he poked his head out of the car window. “I heard something.”

Red opened his car door, stepped out, and digitized both his hand cannons. He looked at Benjie and Kiri and motioned for them to follow him. Palf followed suit, his mind elsewhere.

“Kiri, go into stealth and scout out the entrance, me and Benjie will provide cover,” Red pointed toward the entrance as Benjie digitized his own plasma rifle.

“No,” Was all Kiri offered.

“No? what the hell do you mean no? Why did I spend so much money on that fucking stealth suit then?”

“First, you didn’t spend any money on it, we stole it, second, the entrance is twenty feet away, let’s just see what it is,” Kiri then casually made her way to the entrance with a very enthused Benjie following behind.

“That’s very true, we totally stole that, and it wasn’t a subtle theft either. Probably never going to be able to go back to that planet.” The memories flooding back to Palf, the Grenwurm high heighting the remembrance.

“That’s besides the point, Palf, but thanks for the reminder,” Red popped a small bit of grenwurm too in an attempt to calm his nerves.

“It’s just some guy yelling for help, should I shoot him?” Benjie yelled back.

“No, let me see what it is first.” Red turned back towards the car. “It’s safe, get your asses out of the car, we got a dungeon and a dragon to check out.”

Listening to Red’s commands, Omega L jumped out of the seat literally and landed a foot away from the ice-chair-thing embedded into the car by the subordinate cryomancer who is still waiting for another command. MOQ followed shortly, her eyes fixated on the flat laces of her boots. Nay was the last to exit the car. Something about the lack of activity was bothering her and she followed a few feet behind the rest of the group.

Lester carefully walked out of the car, staring at the mine with a worried expression. “This place seems… cold. Er… Not as in physically cold, just… cold.” His flying book shuddered in agreement.

“Is that a… dog? Great, an anthro too huh?” Oliver muttered. “Didn’t know that was a real thing… Wait… DON’T SHOOT ME!!!!” he cried out.

A small squeal came from under his hat as he knew Lisa LOVED animals, but to keep herself unnoticed it sounded like a mouse, which given their location, wouldn’t be hard to misdirect the attention of the animal… Thing… person? “Aaaaand there’s a cat too. What the hell’s going on?” Oliver said louder. Then he remembered the situation he was in. “Crap… HEY YOU! I can’t get this thing off me! But be careful, there are traps all over this place!” he cried out before noticing Red. “Who are you guys anyway? You their master or is this some weird fetishy science experiment?” Oliver smirked. He was never one to let an opportunity for a joke to slip by.

“Us? Uhm...mn We’re the exterminators. It’s official, I think I’ve had too much Grenwurm today, everything is starting to go neon. Ma….nnnn oh shit I can see your souls, hahaha. Here,” Palf started walking over to the trapped figure, grabbed one end of the support beam and lifted it. A large sapphire hued crystalline structure formed supporting the beam and freeing the figure.

“Name’s Palf, whatcha doin’ around these parts?”

“Don’t give him your name, Palacia! And fuck you, man, I ain’t no furry creep,” Red pointed one of the hand cannons right at Oliver’s head, cocking the hammer of the gun back.

“Right, don’t give him my name… I’ll make sure to remember that next time.”

“What the hell are you doing here and-” Red was saying before benjie cut him off.

“Yeah! what are you doing here and what do you know about the dragon and the people being mind controlled back in town?” Benjie poked Oliver with the tip of his plasma rifle with every word. MOQ glared at him suspiciously, her leather glove wrapped tightly around her fist.

“Benjie, keep your trap shut, can you people please not give away critical information for a second?” Red turned back to look at Oliver, “Well, answer his question.”

“So THAT’s what was wrong with the townsfolk!” Oliver said, standing and dusting off his white suit coat. “Name’s Oliver Twist by the way. And to answer your question, there is supposedly a bunch of treasure here, and I want it.” He put a hand on the tip of Red’s gun and lowered it. “Yeah no, you ain’t gonna shoot me.” He smirked, snapping his fingers. Red suddenly found himself holding a handful of daisies instead of a gun. “That being said… you don’t look like you are from here, and I owe you my life. So who do I thank for my rescue?” he asked. At this MOQ narrowed her eyes, observing his movements like a viper in wait.

“My gun...my fucking gun! That gun had a lot of sentimental value, Twist, I better get it back,” Red poked Oliver on the shoulder firmly.

Another roar sounded from deep within the mine. “Okay, so we know the monster is awake. Now the question is… What are we dealing with?” Oliver asked absentmindedly thinking out loud.

Meanwhile, Palacia, the attention on him having shifted away, slinked up. He wasn’t quite sure why precisely, but he was feeling a strong compulsion to explore the large cave. He clicked his tongue a few times in thought, attempting to wrestle the strange temptations welling up within his mind. Several of the voices within his mind all shouted out the obvious, it was clearly some form of telepathic manipulation, but strangely Palf wasn’t buying what his predecessors believed.

Kiri of course had also followed Palf, curious of his intentions. “Hey Pal, the groups back there still, you good?” her unusually concerned voice caught Palf’s attention.

“Yeah…” his mind clearly elsewhere, “ I”ll meet you back there, just lemme look at this.” As he spoke, he was being drawn to this large shining gemstone. Or... as he neared it the source of the shininess took form and he identified it. A large grotesque eyeball stared at him.

“ What the fu…” He shouted, before an intense flash overtook the cave in blinding light. A moment passed at the light faded with Palf nowhere to be seen.

Kiri meowed. Blinked her eyes and ran on all fours back to Red. “RIIIIICK!!! Palf’s gone. What are we to do!” She shouted as she ran. Nay’s attention immediately flicked from the conversation between Oliver and the rest of the group, a look of worry crossing her features. She wasn’t sure exactly how Palf could just disappear and hoped he’d just wandered off and gotten himself lost. The panic in Kiri’s voice wasn’t very reassuring though.

Meanwhile, Omega L and Jaervis are prompted to move a bit forward towards the cave, right after they saw the unnaturally bright flash of light and the shouts. He looked back towards whoever is still there behind the car and signaled anyone who seems to lack any combat potential to stay a bit before signaling an invitation those who seemed to emit the slightest aura of intimidation to try check things out (But neither signal may be understood due to them being only used with his highly trained subordinates). He then waited for the next events before taking his next move.

“Though I know not of Rick’s plan at the moment, friends…” sounded the muffled voice of the person clad in a very heavy-looking plate armour, appearing without any notice in the middle of the group in the mine. “I suggest charging forth, to slay the foul creature that no doubt snatched our soulmancing companion!” The armor’s visor was lifted, revealing Lester’s eyes, currently gleaming with excitement. ”Sorry, couldn’t resist. Beautiful, isn’t it? It’s been gathering dust in the Library for as long as I could remember. I started cleaning it up ever since I heard about the dragon. Completely fireproof, acid proof and frost proof, according to the ancient descriptions. Not sure about the blunt damage, though…” He hit the breastplate with his gauntlet a few times with a frown. ”Oh, well, there’s always Hornwell’s Iron Skin…”

“Enough with the fashion talk! We have to save Palf!” MOQ’s wings fluttered violently, her eyes filled with panic as the colors grew harsher. “Everyone ready their weapons!” Her eyes darted towards Oliver. “You, the gentleman with the squeaking hat! Give me one reason not to believe you weren’t involved in this.” Her hands were in fists, her dual light swords growing brighter.

Oliver smiled innocently and said, “Why would I be stuck in a trap, and looking for the beast’s treasure, which I have only just now learned is a Freaking DRAGON if I wanted to kill you? If you hadn’t come here, this “Palf” character you speak of would have been me. Then you would have walked in here, and all shared my fate, which up until now would have been death. Considering I owe you and your group a life debt…” He stopped and materialized a deck of tarot cards. Shuffling them expertly between his hands, he continued, “I’d be honor bound to assist you get your friend back. Under one condition.” His grin widened despite the sword in his face. “I’m coming with you after Palf’s safe.”

“Come with us? What? Everyone shut up for a second let me think-” Red was once again cut off.

“Your time Jaervis… Your time” Omega L reacted to the vocal signal to allow Jaervis to create a sword mimicking the model from MOQ out of ice, the minion’s frost-forming breath slowly seeping through the bandana wrapped around his mouth. Afterall, Omega L can just stand back a bit and begin analyzing the situation when the fight begins so that he can assist every ally, especially Red, MOQ and Jaervis, in a manner that he believes will take the opponent by surprise.

As it became clear that Palf had been taken, and wasn’t just lost, Nay’s worry grew. She had heard a lot about dragon’s growing up, but had never heard of one taking another living being for anything other than food. “We have to find him quickly.” She said, looking around at the others and feeling a bit useless due to her lack of weapons, she didn’t even have full control over her powers. “If the dragon really does have him, we don’t have long.”

“ALL RIGHT! One second please, for crying out loud,” Red used his remaining hand cannon to scratch his temple with the tip, trying to fully understand the scope of the shit situation they were in,” Alright, alright, okay...we lost Palf, Lester is in full armor now, and this Oliver kid isn’t your run of the mill Cardiff citizen,” Red holstered his gun and made his way to the front of the group.

“Listen, everyone, I know we were just supposed to come to Wales and have a slow, boring time, but it appears that isn’t going to happen. We lost one of our own, and most importantly, we lost my friend, I don’t know where he is or if he’s even still alive, but you can bet your fat ass I’m not going to leave this place without him, alive or dead.”
Red took a few steps deeper into the mine, a low rumbling sound could be heard coming from far into the tunnel. Whatever was down there wasn’t too far off, but the way the walls of the tunnel were un-naturally black made Red wonder if it was a good idea to take everyone down to face the dragon; something supernatural was going on here. Palf was powerful, Red knew this, what kind of magic could just pluck him from where he stood?

“This...this might be dangerous, but I know each and every one of you are capable fighters, now, who is ready to go down there and kick some dragon ass and get our friend back?!” Red ignited his power core as he finished his little speech, causing him to turn into pure, molten, jade colored energy.

“Let’s go!” As Red turned to head into the mine, black oily tendrils began to gush out of the ground, grabbing Red and consuming him.

“Woah, what the fuck? Hey...I can’t move, these things have my legs, holy shit it’s all over me, Benjie, Benjie!” Red yelled out to his trusted pup before the tendrils had covered his mouth and quickly pulled him underground.

Benjie ran towards the spot where Red was pulled down but there was no hole, not even a crack, just solid rock.

“Oh no, oh no no no no, what do we do now? What the hell do we do now guys?!” Benjie asked the group, fear covered his small, fluffy face.

Sea Lion224
Newcomer
Newcomer
Class: Adventurer

Post by Sea Lion224 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:48 pm

Alexander flew sloppily around the hanger of The Crimson, excitedly chirping and squawking, feathers drifting to the floor. He hadn't been to the sanctum or the arc too often, but that didn't lessen his enthusiasm at all. He was invited to go on a field trip across the known universe! How awesome was that, he thought. He flew towards the ship's doors, only to jump back in alarm when she warned him not to come too close again.
As soon as Rick arrived and Crimson's doors opened, he bolted inside. The white birdman flapped about the gigantic spacecraft's interior, surveying every nook and cranny with keen interest, molt hovering to the floor as he did. He zipped down the vast hallways, peeping and chirping, practically slamming into walls and doors.