Let the GAMES begin!

Olympic Contest Results - Going live over the course of the week!

IC RPC Olympics - The Sprint! - Results are now up!

Event Info and Schedule
The Sign Up Thread
Medal Tables and Leaderboard

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Untitled as of yet

Gather ideas and brainstorm with other members, recruit players, make partner requests, or just check for interest in an idea you have. A great place to browse to see what is taking place or build new settings and worlds from scratch.

Moderators: Hades [Forge], Athena [Georgeanna]

Fireynay
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist
Class: Werebeast

Untitled as of yet

Post by Fireynay » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:40 am

Ok, so I have a vague idea taking place in my overflowing brain and thought I'd attempt to get the bare bones of it out to see if there's any interest before putting in the effort to turn it into something more substantial.

The basic premise is that humans dislike and fear anything humanoid but decidedly non-human, however at the same time they are fascinated by them. There is a huge zoo type thing (location unknown, although it would need to be somewhere with lots of space), where they keep a variety of these creatures. The creatures have banded together and come up with an escape plan, but it only extends far enough to escape the zoo. There are many unforeseen challenges after the initial escape, and since many of them were captured a lot of their races have either been exterminated or gone into hiding. You could play either a creature or a human hunter.

Not very good at GMing, so you'd have to bare with me if it goes ahead as well. Any takers?
Last edited by Fireynay on Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you Forge for the amazing set!

PurpleShadows
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Mage

Re: Untitled as of yet

Post by PurpleShadows » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:25 am

This sounds epic, definitely count me in!
ImageImageImage
:redbullet: :orangebullet: :yellowbullet: :greenbullet: :bluebullet: :pinkbullet: :purplebullet:

Tia Dalma
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Pirate

Post by Tia Dalma » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:07 am

I'd be interested in this. What kind of creatures are we talking? Are we in the elves-vampires-human-like creatures or genuine animalistic creatures?

Fireynay
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

Post by Fireynay » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:51 am

Great, good to have you both aboard, I know
Rick wrote:
has also expressed interest.

Will be human-like creatures, but will have to have traits that can't always be easily be hidden from humans, or have been caught doing something relating to their race, for example a vampire could cover their teeth with falsies, but may have been caught feeding or something. Thinking along those lines. Would also need to be a creature able to move about on land, a mermaid wouldn't easily be able to escape.

I'll wait to see if we get any more interest before fleshing this out a bit with a proper OOC.

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator
Class: Adventurer

Post by Sammy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:54 am

Tentative expression of interest, though it's dependent on me getting my act together and starting to get caught up on my other RPs.
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Tia Dalma
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Pirate

Post by Tia Dalma » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:10 am

Fireynay wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:51 am
Great, good to have you both aboard, I know
Rick wrote:
has also expressed interest.

Will be human-like creatures, but will have to have traits that can't always be easily be hidden from humans, or have been caught doing something relating to their race, for example a vampire could cover their teeth with falsies, but may have been caught feeding or something. Thinking along those lines. Would also need to be a creature able to move about on land, a mermaid wouldn't easily be able to escape.

I'll wait to see if we get any more interest before fleshing this out a bit with a proper OOC.
Awesome! Well, count me in when it happens!

Fireynay
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

Post by Fireynay » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:34 pm

Right, so I have a lot more free time in my schedule now and I have decided to revisit this. So looking once again to see if anyone is interested? I'd be interested in a co-GM if anyone is interested, but if there's enough interest I'll go ahead and make it anyways.

Ruler_of_Wolves
Olympian
Olympian

Post by Ruler_of_Wolves » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:59 am

This looks like it has a lot of promise! I’m interested.
"What you look like on the outside is not what makes you cool at all. I mean, I had a mullet and wore parachute pants for a long, long time, and I'm doin' okay."

-Ellen DeGeneres