Let the GAMES begin!

High-ku Jump - Deadline: 18th July
Synchronised Swimming - Deadline: 4th August
The Marathon - Deadline: 31st August

Event Info and Schedule
The Sign Up Thread
Medal Tables and Leaderboard

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

The Isles of Aradia. (OOC/New Settlers Wecome!)

Where all OOC threads for RPs that will take place within the Worlds of Magic will go.

Moderators: Ares [Darkblade], Athena [Georgeanna]

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Paladin

Re: The Isles of Aradia. (OOC/New Settlers Wecome!)

Post by Kotorchix » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:34 am

I'm sorry for how long that took for me to post... I haven't had Writer's Block in ages.

Skummy, not sure how to progress with Metheryl/Divankul. I'd be happy if you want to just go ahead and post again with Reynis' location?
Isles of Aradia
A Menagerie of Faces
Guardians of Actitraea
The Runaway
Skyrim: Forged in Blood
The Witcher: Trial of the Spheres

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Kotorchix » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:32 pm

Just wanted to let you guys know I'll be back on-track in a week. Sorry I've been super rare.
Isles of Aradia
A Menagerie of Faces
Guardians of Actitraea
The Runaway

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Werebeast

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:48 am

Honestly I can't wait :3
Credit to Sammy and Nicodemus; one created my set for me, the other drew the source image as a request.
Thank You Both!

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Kotorchix » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:58 am

All right. I'm back, jet-lagged to hell and back, but I'm here. Will be catching up today, and writing tomorrow!

EDIT: :twisted: It is done.
Isles of Aradia
A Menagerie of Faces
Guardians of Actitraea
The Runaway

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Kotorchix » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:54 am

All right, massive post... sorry dinth, didn't quite get up to the dinner scene. Will try and finish that a bit later.
Isles of Aradia
A Menagerie of Faces
Guardians of Actitraea
The Runaway

dinthalion
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Adventurer

Post by dinthalion » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:46 am

No problem Kotor, I’ll be patient. That was a good post.
Thanks Sammy!
The teachings of the Lord are perfect; they give new strength. -Psalm 19:7

Shakey Jake
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Nobility

Post by Shakey Jake » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:31 am

Going to attempt writing something this week/end I seem to have lost any and all skill I may have had with the English language ha

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Kotorchix » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:59 pm

Yay, posts! Will work on something soon! <3
Isles of Aradia
A Menagerie of Faces
Guardians of Actitraea
The Runaway

Shakey Jake
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Shakey Jake » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:54 am

My ability to form a coherent literary sentence remains awol. But here's an imaginary goose for you to play with.

*Imaginary goose enters*

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Kotorchix » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:22 pm

*feeds the goose scraps of literature*
Isles of Aradia
A Menagerie of Faces
Guardians of Actitraea
The Runaway

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Kotorchix » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:46 pm

dinthalion wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:02 am
Heartstone Estate Freyr

Freyr did feel a little out of place as Elmer and Amayl advised the lord admiral. He flet as if he were eavesdropping on a conversation that did it was not his place to be involved in. But this did concern him. By inserting Rivka, his only child, into this family their fortune and status became entwined in his. It was hard to say though who was the better choice. Casim was young it was true but he had seemed calm and confident. Freyr mostly worried about why they were attacked and how they planned to respond. He intended to bring it up in the meeting, it did not seem an appropriate dinner time conversation, especially with ladies present.

He had not really noticed Carndas staring at the lady. He was startled as she jumped up and began to yell at the new guard. Once she was seated again he stood.

“Carndas, wait outside.” He told the guard before sitting back down. He did not want to offend the matriarch of this family before the contract was finalized.

“My apologies. He meant no harm I’m sure.” Freyr said speaking both to Amyl and Mancel. “He is new and still needs some training in etiquette. Rodin, I believe is his surname. He is a commoner, but he saved my daughter’s life. He showed bravery and a sharp eye. I will make sure someone speaks to him about his manors. I’m sure he meant no offense.”

-------------------

Heartstone Estate rivka

Rivka smiled, glad to have the topic changed. But she was startled by Amayl’s outburst. She bit her lip a little as Cardnas was dismissed. She almost wanted to interject, tell him to stay, but she couldn’t contradict her own father and it likely wouldn’t serve her well to offend Lady Amayl. But she did lock eyes reassuringly with her guard, hoping he would know he wasn’t in trouble. She felt safer with him or Thomas near.
Hey dinth! You good if I skip this ahead to the meeting? Who would Freyr want present?
Isles of Aradia
A Menagerie of Faces
Guardians of Actitraea
The Runaway

dinthalion
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Adventurer

Post by dinthalion » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:16 pm

Yea go ahead and skip to the meeting. Freyr wouldn’t bring Rivka unless they asked for her to be there. He would mainly want to talk with Mancel but wouldn’t object to Casim or Elmer being there.
Thanks Sammy!
The teachings of the Lord are perfect; they give new strength. -Psalm 19:7

Shakey Jake
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Shakey Jake » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:19 am

Aaaah IP your last two posts were so goooooood. I wanna kill you. Arianne and Jaster, the wine. So goooooood.

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Kotorchix » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:08 am

Monster post done. Trying to get back on my horse.
Isles of Aradia
A Menagerie of Faces
Guardians of Actitraea
The Runaway

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Kotorchix » Sat May 19, 2018 12:08 am

How's everyone doing? It's been quiet in here for a while.

Hm, for me, life is all right. Been working on writing/illustrating a children's book (so ****ing sick of bunnies). Trying to find work, as usual. Got a stupid cold. But all is well.
Isles of Aradia
A Menagerie of Faces
Guardians of Actitraea
The Runaway

IronParagon
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Mage

Post by IronParagon » Tue May 22, 2018 1:43 am

Yeh I'm sorry about that. I've gone completely cold on writing in general for the past couple months and have generally just been playing video games instead. I could likely force myself to post but as there isn't anyone waiting on me right now I'm not going to pressure myself overmuch to inevitably produce lower-quality content as I have been doing for the last year or so. Just waiting for my enthusiasm to return (hopefully it does, though it might not).

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Kotorchix » Tue May 22, 2018 11:42 am

IronParagon wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 1:43 am
Yeh I'm sorry about that. I've gone completely cold on writing in general for the past couple months and have generally just been playing video games instead. I could likely force myself to post but as there isn't anyone waiting on me right now I'm not going to pressure myself overmuch to inevitably produce lower-quality content as I have been doing for the last year or so. Just waiting for my enthusiasm to return (hopefully it does, though it might not).
Totally understand. Though I haven't noticed a drop in quality at all. And it'll come back... might take time, but you'll come back and have a renewed passion for having taken the break.
Isles of Aradia
A Menagerie of Faces
Guardians of Actitraea
The Runaway

Skummy the Kitty
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Werebeast

Post by Skummy the Kitty » Fri May 25, 2018 1:18 pm

Mrow I hope you find it Kotor, I've been battling infection and also too much work on late, then there's the fact I have been working on more mechanics for a larp group I run which drained my mojo for a bit....

I'm going to work one something tonight though!
Credit to Sammy and Nicodemus; one created my set for me, the other drew the source image as a request.
Thank You Both!

Mira
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Mage

Post by Mira » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:11 pm

Hello everyone ^^ I'm new to the Collective, and I was hoping that it'd be alright if I dropped in and joined here.

Name: Tabitha ("Bith")
Race: fully human... most likely
Birthplace: unknown
Appearance: She is about 5'8" (173cm) tall with long, blond hair and silver-blue eyes. Quite pale and well-developed in figure, only the scars and callouses lining her hands visibly mark her history as a lifelong slave.
Skills/Talents:
-unstable, sporadic, and largely unhelpful magical potential
-has held down a wide variety of jobs, typically as a result of her masters/mistresses attempting to distance themselves from her as much as possible, and is relatively quick to learn any new tasks
-scaring off potential suitors with her unbearably loud speaking voice
History/Personality: Having been abandoned by her most recent owner, Bith has now been left to wander and fend for herself... again. She approximately as trusting of other people as she is ignorant of why so many of her former masters have managed to "lose" her so far. Bith is rather hard of hearing but very faithful and hard-working.

I'm being interrupted as I write, so I will fill in more details later. Please let me know if there are any areas I should flush out further. It's been years since I roleplayed, so I'm sure that I'm more than a little rusty.

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Kotorchix » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:40 pm

Mira wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:11 pm
Hello everyone ^^ I'm new to the Collective, and I was hoping that it'd be alright if I dropped in and joined here.

Name: Tabitha ("Bith")
Race: fully human... most likely
Birthplace: unknown
Appearance: She is about 5'8" (173cm) tall with long, blond hair and silver-blue eyes. Quite pale and well-developed in figure, only the scars and callouses lining her hands visibly mark her history as a lifelong slave.
Skills/Talents:
-unstable, sporadic, and largely unhelpful magical potential
-has held down a wide variety of jobs, typically as a result of her masters/mistresses attempting to distance themselves from her as much as possible, and is relatively quick to learn any new tasks
-scaring off potential suitors with her unbearably loud speaking voice
History/Personality: Having been abandoned by her most recent owner, Bith has now been left to wander and fend for herself... again. She approximately as trusting of other people as she is ignorant of why so many of her former masters have managed to "lose" her so far. Bith is rather hard of hearing but very faithful and hard-working.

I'm being interrupted as I write, so I will fill in more details later. Please let me know if there are any areas I should flush out further. It's been years since I roleplayed, so I'm sure that I'm more than a little rusty.
Hi Mira!

Glad you want to join us. Thought I'd write up a little bit to help prepare you for what you might be walking into... I'd strongly recommend reading the Codex and Census (at least of the active members). If after all this ridiculous info you're still keen, I'd encourage you to put your character sheet in your own post in the Census, and just edit it whenever you have a new character. We also have a Wiki to keep track of our characters and events in the timeline.

I saw on your intro post you were looking for something to get you back into roleplaying. So I should warn you that this is a roleplay more suited to people willing to wait months at a time for posts (it happens :( ) as we tend to write larger posts. If you want something rapid-fire, this is not the place. But if you're willing to wait it out, take your time, read a lot, I'd say Aradia's gotta be one of the best roleplays I've ever taken part in.

I think for your character the best thing you could do is understand where you are in the world before you start to play her. What sort of things do you want to do? Adventure? Serve? Fight your way to the top? Marry and settle down? Own chickens? (I'll also just add: Slavery is illegal in mainland Aradia, although some slave-owners do still operate on the down-low. Slaves (or escaped/freed slaves) are more likely to be found in the Tropics.)
dinthalion wrote: Hey
Skummy the Kitty wrote: look at me
IronParagon wrote:I'm the Captain now
I'm willing to do a bit of a time jump soon if you guys want to.
Isles of Aradia
A Menagerie of Faces
Guardians of Actitraea
The Runaway