Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.

Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

PRIDE

Where music enthusiasts and musicians can gather to discuss everything and anything related to music and the musical arts!
Moccasin
Scout
Scout
Class: Paladin

PRIDE

Post by Moccasin » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:58 pm

Hello lovely humans :heart:

So June is Pride Month in the United States and I wanted to make a thread dedicated to showcasing up and coming LGBT artists, as well as seasoned gay stars and straight allies, in order to empower the community and create a space where we can all share the music that is at the heart of the liberation movement.

A little blurb for those who are not familiar with Pride and its goals~
Library of Congree wrote:Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride Month (LGBT Pride Month) is currently celebrated each year in the month of June to honor the 1969 Stonewall riots in Manhattan. The Stonewall riots were a tipping point for the Gay Liberation Movement in the United States. In the United States the last Sunday in June was initially celebrated as “Gay Pride Day,” but the actual day was flexible. In major cities across the nation the “day” soon grew to encompass a month-long series of events. Today, celebrations include pride parades, picnics, parties, workshops, symposia and concerts, and LGBT Pride Month events attract millions of participants around the world. Memorials are held during this month for those members of the community who have been lost to hate crimes or HIV/AIDS. The purpose of the commemorative month is to recognize the impact that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals have had on history locally, nationally, and internationally.
Alright, now that that's out of the way, I'd like to start things off with a little Xtina. This one's called Beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAfyFTzZDMM&ab_channel=CAguileraVEVO

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator
Class: Adventurer

Re: PRIDE

Post by Sammy » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:00 pm

Please remember to vote here everyday!

wadjet
Scout
Scout
Class: Mage

Post by wadjet » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:03 pm

Gotta throw out some Lesbian Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YynKelHGhNc

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:57 pm

Moccasin
Scout
Scout

Post by Moccasin » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:32 pm

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:33 pm

https://youtu.be/fuCjZDnCT70
"Tambalea" was inspired by different events that I saw around me, from witnessing all the femicidios, massacres of women, that happen everyday in Mexico,” Dioz explains, “where being a women and being alive another day is a blessing, to being a queer immigrant from Mexico in Trump’s era, where racism and discrimination is more and more evident.

Moccasin
Scout
Scout

Post by Moccasin » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:32 am

Moccasin
Scout
Scout

Post by Moccasin » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:46 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlsu7RhOnsQ&ab_channel=CarlyRaeJepsenVEVO
Entertainment Weekly wrote:A one-hit wonder no more, the “Call Me Maybe” singer roared back into our hearts and minds with this intoxicating tune. It stems from the soundtrack for the animated movie Leap (she gave it to the movie after it didn’t make the cut for her album), but we won’t hold that against Carly — after all, Justin Timberlake’s “Can’t Stop the Feeling” came from Trolls. Gay Twitter went crazy for “Cut to the Feeling,” deeming it the Song of the Summer in 2017 (sorry, JT).