To celebrate three amazing years of the Collective, we have decided to honour the event with a contest that really epitomises what we are all about and hopefully produces a load of amazing RPs in the process. So, please allow me to introduce you to Storycraft, the Collective's first ever RP Creation Contest.
Also, before I forget, a big thank you to our talented Wadjet for these graphics!
Taking part is simple, all you have to do is create an RP that remains open to new players throughout its duration. How you handle potentially juggling more players than you're used to will be entirely down to you.
I've created a few brief points to help you with the process, particularly with promoting your RP. If you're looking for guidance with creating RPs in a more general sense, you can always ask for assistance in the Writer's Guild.
2. Create an OOC thread in the relative board if you haven't already and create an IC thread once you are ready.
3. Make sure you post in this thread to let me know that your RP is part of the contest.
4. There are numerous ways you can draw more attention to your RP. As all participating RPs will have to remain open, you can utilise the Always Open thread that is shared with all new members. You can also do a bit of self-promotion in the RPGC DIscord sever.
- You MUST post in this thread with links to your OOC and IC posts ASAP.
- Only RPs created after the start of the contest can participate. If you are in the interest check stage and the IC has not yet begun, then perhaps I can look the other way.
- The RP can be of any genre or variety, the only requirement is that it remains open to new players at all times. This, I'm afraid, prevents deliberate 1x1s from participating. However, if an RP winds up involving only two players despite being permanently open to new players, that's okay.
- In order to qualify, RPs must be at least 60 posts long (three RPGC pages). Please note, however, that while this is an arbitrary requirement, RPs that demonstrate more story progression are likely to fare better in the judging.
- If you aren't inclined to GM alone, Co-GMing is completely acceptable.
- I am intending the contest length to begin at 3 months (until the end of January). This is subject to change as this is the first time we've done this. I'll keep you fully updated.
- All standard forum rules apply.
The main prize will be a $15 online voucher for the winning GM. The judges will also select one standout player from the winning RP for an additional prize.
Epic-ish Quest - OOC | IC
Godvault - OOC | IC
Undead/Supernatural Pirates - Interest Check
The Wizarding World at War - OOC | IC