Let the GAMES begin!

Olympic Contest Results - Going live over the course of the week!

IC RPC Olympics - The Sprint! - Results are now up!

Event Info and Schedule
The Sign Up Thread
Medal Tables and Leaderboard

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

new around here, need help!

Questions, concerns, suggestions, feedback, and polls. Ask for help, share your thoughts on the forum, or vote on the latest polls. Please check current threads to see if your question or suggestion has already been discussed.

Moderators: Sammy, Gideon

Commander GreyFox
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Adventurer

new around here, need help!

Post by Commander GreyFox » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:45 am

i'm new here and am interested in hearing more about the forum and where i would post my character, and what your whole story is so i can fit my character in and such.

Lunion4saken
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Werebeast

Re: new around here, need help!

Post by Lunion4saken » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:55 am

Welcome to the community,

I think you are referring to the Sanctuary. It's the place where our personas meet. (not being the most indicate person to tell you, still flashing out my own) There's no limit what your persona is (exemple my persona will be a space wolf that is now a god xD)

But the Sanctuary and your persona isn't the only thing we have here. If you search the worlds(magic, technology, balance, realist) you can create any story there, roleplaying with one or more people, having it according with the world.

For posting personas you can do it here: viewforum.php?f=68

In your other rollplays outside of the Sanctuary you are not restrict to your persona.

For the rest i think the staff will pass by delivering some more information. (they are the green/purple ones) As they say don't be afraid of PM any one of them, or older members.

Commander GreyFox
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Adventurer

Post by Commander GreyFox » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:42 am

thank you for the info, i appreciate it

Ghorroj
Scout
Scout
Class: Rogue

Post by Ghorroj » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:37 pm

You don't really need to know the 'story' to do anything. If you want to post in the Sanctum, you just go there, start a post with your character being surprised about this area the size of an aircraft-hangar behind a door that was a broom closet last week (or a wardrobe, or a door to an office building, or a pantry in an orphanage, or an attic, and so on), and carry on from there. Your character could even deliberately point a portal to it, or 'aim' a doorway to it, if they know how.

As for the actual narrative, no-one knows the story behind the sanctum, but everyone has their own pet theory. It's 'just a thing' and it's pretty good for practice and getting to know people. It helps if more people are involved there, of course. Most of the older people are tied up with a roleplay based on the Sanctum at the moment, so it's a bit quiet.

Plus I'm a little bored with hardly anyone to meet-and-greet in the Sanctum.
Image Forge made (mostly)

Hades [Forge]
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist
Class: Warrior

Post by Hades [Forge] » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:34 pm

Howdy, Fox. I already dropped some of this information in the Shoutbox for you, but just in case, the first thing you'll wanna look at is our Newbie Guide. It's got a little run-down on the site, our PW, and the kind of thing we do here. Quick summary though; our persistent world is the Ark, which is something of a multiversal crossroads. That means that every RP you create is basically its own universe, and any character you invent can be moved around freely, assuming that's something you and whoever's running a particular RP are happy with. Most of us also have a Persona, which is a sort of 'main character' that we play on a regular basis. Personas tend to be aware of the multiverse, and use the Ark to wander around on their own adventures, rather than simply being unwitting participants.

I'm sure there's a lot to take in, so if you have any questions, feel free to grab myself or another member of Staff - we've got snazzy green or purple usernames so that we can be easily identified in a police line-up.

Hopefully that helps a little, but if there's anything else, let me know.
Remember to vote for RPGC!

Ghorroj
Scout
Scout
Class: Rogue

Post by Ghorroj » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:13 pm

Forge wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:34 pm
... or another member of Staff - we've got snazzy green or purple usernames...
So, what are these people with orange names I've seen running around? I'm not sure I trust Ricky in any position of authority I keep expecting him to throw a small herd of sheep at me one by one as it is.
Image Forge made (mostly)

Hades [Forge]
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist
Class: Warrior

Post by Hades [Forge] » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:57 pm

Those're Guildmasters - they keep the content rolling in our Guild Hall.
Remember to vote for RPGC!