It's Writing Month!

Check out our One Stop Writing Shop!
Whether you're taking part in NaNo, or just looking to write more, there's something for everyone.

A New Moderator Appears!
Join us in congratulating our newest recruit!

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Staff Introductions

Please feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself to the other members of the forum, perhaps by telling us your RP background, hobbies and interests. You can find profiles of our staff here too.

Moderators: Rick, Forge

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Rogue

Re: Staff Introductions

Post by Gideon » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:43 pm

User Name: Gideon
Writing Experience: I have had about 7 years of forum writing experience, but before that I was writing in chatrooms and websites for about 4 years.
Types of RP's I Enjoy: I'm pretty happy with most genres, though I am quite partial to Modern Fantasy. I love the idea of the contemporary, all knowledgeable, logical ideals of the world meshed with those things of legend and things we can't explain.
Fun Facts: I have spent some time over the last six years, on and off, getting my divers license and I spend my spare time chasing sharks. No greater thrill than being in the water with a shark... Sans cage.
Favorite Colour: I'm partial to purple and turquoise.
Favorite Food: Salmon, potato and spring onion balls. Roll them in egg-wash, breadcrumbs and then shallow fry.
Thank you for the set Filth
Please don't forget to vote here and here every day!

Darkblade
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Necromancer

Post by Darkblade » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:47 am

Username: Darkblade
Writing Experience: Pretty much my life.. with a few years removed for learning to read and write and the creation of home computers.
Types of RP's I Enjoy: If I can think up a character for it, I'll enjoy it. So pretty much all genre.. except MLP.. burn the ponies! (or not)
Fun Facts: The lesser spotted Darkblade is always found online, even if you think they are offline they'll be online... and probably behind you.
Favorite Colour: Red, Black, pretty much any colour I'll doodle with. And being a man, that means Pink most of all.
Favorite Food: The edible kind, failing that the one thing I do consume without fail.. Coke... my blood is black with it's sugary goodness

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator
Class: Adventurer

Post by Sammy » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:37 am

User Name: Sammy
Writing Experience: I've been writing for almost as long as I can remember. I used to pinch exercise books from school and fill them with all sorts of stories. I've been RPing now for ten years, give or take.
Types of RP's I enjoy: Anything and everything. I tend to be grabbed by specific ideas far more than certain genres. The only genre I tend to avoid is fan fiction apart from in special circumstances.
Fun Facts: I am horribly allergic to lots of stuff and have to to carry an epi-pen everywhere in case I go into anaphylactic shock (well, I'm supposed to)! Allergies include: dust, pollen and most raw fruit and vegetables. I'm also a bit obsessed with running. It's killing my knees but nothing makes me happier than a long run.
Favorite Colour: Blue
Favorite Food: Bacon sandwiches with HP sauce.
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Forge
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Warrior

Post by Forge » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:11 am

User Name: Forge
Writing Experience:
- Casual writing since I was a kid
- Play-by-post role-playing for around 15 years
- Bachelor's Degree in Publishing
- Master's Degree in Creative Writing
Types of RP's I enjoy: I'm a massive sci-fi/fantasy nerd, though occasionally I'll drift into historical games.
Fun Facts: I have absolutely no sense of smell, and once threw a drunken trombonist out of a nightclub.
Favorite Colour: Faded Blue
Favorite Food: Mac 'n' Cheese in almost any form.
Remember to vote for RPGC!

Rick
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Pirate

Post by Rick » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:15 am

User Name: Rick
Writing Experience: Started roleplaying since I was 13 after I came across the forums for the yet to be released Lord of the rings online. I didn’t even know online collaborative writing was a thing, but I was instantly hooked. Been at it for about 14 years now.
Types of RP's I enjoy: I’ll do any genre so long as the story interests me, though I do have a special place in my heart for fantasy, the first genre I ever wrote in.
Fun Facts: I love movies and I’m a film nerd, so yes, I am judging you for liking all the Marvel movies.
Favorite Color: Red, Black, and Blue
Favorite Food: Sushi, could eat it every day.

Georgeanna
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Thief

Post by Georgeanna » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:38 am

User Name: Georgeanna
Writing Experience: I've been writing stories since I was itty bitty, and I got my first taste of RPing several years ago. Have rambled around a few different writing sites over the years, including one that was strictly poetry.
Types of RP's I enjoy: I'd probably have to say fantasy, but I'm always willing to try writing out of my comfort zone.
Fun Facts: Survived ocean kayaking in red flag conditions and interned for the district attorney's office, yet can't seem to make a simple quesadilla (or cook of decent quality in general).
Favorite Colour: Black and Beige
Favorite Food: Ramen, especially spicy ramen with plenty of bean sprouts.