Nostalgia hits like a ton of bricks.

Please feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself to the other members of the forum, perhaps by telling us your RP background, hobbies and interests. You can find profiles of our staff here too.

Moderator: Forge

Fentanyl
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Rogue

Nostalgia hits like a ton of bricks.

Post by Fentanyl » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:41 pm

It's been a very long time since I've seen some of these names.

I was a long-time member on the previous site, RPGFO, and I just never made a proper transition to the new home. I took a very long hiatus from writing, forum-hopped like it was my job, and learned a lot along the way. Of course, this is an entirely new name separate from my old one - and for good reason. A lot has happened, a lot has changed - might as well change the name too. Anyway, I always kept this place in the back of my mind and I thought I'd take a look around and see what all the talk is about.

I'll be getting myself acquainted - hopefully I can get to know you guys... again.

Hope to see you around. <3

Georgeanna
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Thief

Re: Nostalgia hits like a ton of bricks.

Post by Georgeanna » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:18 am

Welcome back! We certainly are glad to have you back around the site, but seeing as this is my first time meeting you (outside of discord), I am happy to meet you as well. I know you've been around here and there, but just to make sure I'm doing my job, I've included the basic newbie pack for you below to peruse at your leisure. There are several links that even a veteran like yourself might find interesting. So let's jump right in.

First off, my name is Georgeanna (but Gina or Georgie works just as well), and I’m one of the mods here at RPC. Please don’t hesitate to ask me or another member of staff any questions you might have (we have green or purple names).

Our Newbie Guide is probably one of the first things you’ll want to check out. It has a good deal of information on the rules, how the site works, the persistent world, as well as some general tips and whatnot.

After you take a gander at that, we have some casual RPs that are always accepting new members over at Always Open RP's. These are usually pretty fast-paced and an awesome place to start.

You also can always take a look at Interest Checks and Brainstorming to see if any ideas are intriguing to you, or to propose your own!

If you like what you see, please give us a quick vote over at Top RP Sites and Top Sites List. It helps us grow as a community.

Now that that's all out of the way, what genre of rp is your favorite?