It's Writing Month!

Check out our One Stop Writing Shop!
Whether you're taking part in NaNo, or just looking to write more, there's something for everyone.

A New Moderator Appears!
Join us in congratulating our newest recruit!

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Hello, good to be here

Please feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself to the other members of the forum, perhaps by telling us your RP background, hobbies and interests. You can find profiles of our staff here too.

Moderators: Rick, Forge

Warren_13
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Adventurer

Hello, good to be here

Post by Warren_13 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:03 am

User Name: Warren_13
Writing Experience: Hobbyist, long time role-player
Types of RP's I Enjoy: Fantasy, limited sci-fi, sometimes balanced
Fun Facts: I'm left handed!
Favorite Colour: Blue, specifically dark blues
Favorite Food: Grilled cheese and chili con carne (sometimes with peanute butter :razz: )

The name Warren comes from mishmashing the meaning of my names Irl! I've played DnD, MUD's, and other forums for a good portion of my life, and just love writing all kinds of things. I usually play the hero, but not every time, and I sometimes play female characters as well. Wether magicians, rogues, or fighters, hackers, cyborgs, or gunslingers, I love 'em all. I also enjoy Pokemon, Resident Evil, and vampire mythologies, though I rarely play in any of them for my own reasons. I only play OC's, though I love video games, anime, and of course books. Stephen King is my hero, and The Dark Tower series is my fav book series, though the Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern is my fav novel standalone. I'm into Poe, Tim Burton, and the Addam's Family aesthetic, Aquaman is my favorite Superhero, and Starship Troopers is my fav sci-fi movie, though the Twilight Zone would be my fav sci-fi series. Hope to see you all around, I love rp suggestions, and hope to start a few rps of my own after I get more involved around here!

Rick
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Pirate

Re: Hello, good to be here

Post by Rick » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:04 am

Hey, i'm left handed too! Left handers unite.

Well, I already welcomed you on the discord, but i'll give you an official welcome this time, so welcome to the Collective Warren!

Let me drop some knowledge on ya:
To start you off, you might want to check out our Newbie Guide. It's a great first step to orienting yourself and seeing what the Collective has to offer, plus our rules, cause those are important. If you find a question or concern of yours isn't covered in the guide, feel free to track down a member of staff, we are the ones with green or purple usernames, we are pretty easy to spot.

If you want to get your feet wet, check out our Always Open RP's. These are usually run by people looking for writers to join their little adventures, great way to get things going .

If you already have an idea for an RP or are looking to see some rp's that haven't started yet, check out the Interest Checks section. This is where people post up an idea and try to gauge if there is any interest in it before starting a proper OOC thread.

If you want to chat with the other members of the forum, feel free to join our Discord server.

So that should be a good way to start you off. Remember, if you have any questions feel free to ask, we won't bite.

Now, before we move on, are you telling me you eat chile con carne with peanut butter?

Georgeanna
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Thief

Post by Georgeanna » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:19 am

Welcome to the Collective!

Warren_13
Scrub
Scrub

Post by Warren_13 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:32 am

Thanks for the warm welcome!

And yes, chili con carne with peanut butter mixed in is the ingredient my dad handed down to me ;p I come from Ohio, where Gold Star and Skyline were born, and chili con carne was made famous to Americans, so things like cinnamon or chocolate aren't a big deal either!

Moccasin
Scout
Scout
Class: Paladin

Post by Moccasin » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:15 am

Welcome, Warren!

Nicodemus
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Nicodemus » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:02 am

The Night Circus. Nice. Just gonna leave this here in case your interested: Book Club

And welcome aboard, Warren. I'm Nico.

Cerulean
Newcomer
Newcomer
Class: Paladin

Post by Cerulean » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:59 pm

I see you like blue.

You see....I also like blue. :3

Also, welcome!

Sammy
Navigator