It's Writing Month!

Check out our One Stop Writing Shop!
Whether you're taking part in NaNo, or just looking to write more, there's something for everyone.

A New Moderator Appears!
Join us in congratulating our newest recruit!

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Well, hello there, beautiful people!!

Please feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself to the other members of the forum, perhaps by telling us your RP background, hobbies and interests. You can find profiles of our staff here too.

Moderators: Rick, Forge

Nicole of the Stars
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Adventurer

Well, hello there, beautiful people!!

Post by Nicole of the Stars » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:35 pm

Alrighty! So I guess I can make my very first post my introduction. Only seems right, right?

Let's start with the name and that is Nicole. Beforehand, let me get this straight right off the bat. I'm NOT Nikki, or Nic or Nico. Nicole; just that. Thank you! :) I know it sounds really bitchy to come off right away, but it's better than having to explain it later.

I'm 31, and live in up north in Alberta Canada. It is still cold up here, but despite to contrary beliefs, we have ultra hot summers so, no, it's not always a winter wonderland up here. :p

I have a super grown up job by the title of: "lawyer", more specifically in corporate law. Yes, that's right. I hate it with a passion, but the reason I hate it is a long story. If we talk and become friends, i'll gladly share it with you. This DOES take up the majority of time and I try to reply everyday or every other day, so keep that in mind.

Now let's get to the juicy stuff, shall we? No doubt you've ran it in your mind: 'What's her roleplaying experience'? Well, I can tell you that it's over 17 years. I started HUGE in anime series and what not, but my love for anime diminished over the years, but my desire to keep roleplaying kept going. Eventually, I stepped into more 'slice-of-life' roleplaying and 'modern-realistic' (those are my absolute favorites) and some sci-fi. I have done some fantasy before, but for the life of me, I just cannot get into too much fantasy.

I love romance in my roleplays, and, sorry if this gonna piss off the guys, but I prefer female-female. Just my preference when it comes to roleplays. But hey, that's best left for when I put up my RP request thread.

I'm looking forward to meeting other great roleplayers here and seeing where we can go with things. Even general chat is just fine and hopefully we can go somewhere with that. Cheers for now!

Nicole

Rick
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Pirate

Re: Well, hello there, beautiful people!!

Post by Rick » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:10 pm

Hello Nicole, welcome to the Collective!

I'm Rick, one of the mods for the site and I just wanted to give you a little guide for getting around.

To start you off, you might want to check out our Newbie Guide. It's a great first step to orienting yourself and seeing what the Collective has to offer, plus our rules, cause those are important. If you find a question or concern of yours isn't covered in the guide, feel free to track down a member of staff, we are the ones with green or purple usernames, we are pretty easy to spot.

If you want to get your feet wet, check out our Always Open RP's. These are usually run by people looking for writers to join their little adventures, great way to get things going .

If you already have an idea for an RP or are looking to see some rp's that haven't started yet, check out the Interest Checks section. This is where people post up an idea and try to gauge if there is any interest in it before starting a proper OOC thread.

If you want to chat with the other members of the forum, feel free to join our Discord server.

So that should be a good way to start you off. Remember, if you have any questions feel free to ask, we won't bite.

So, Nicole, what have been some favorite rps of yours?

Nicole of the Stars
Scrub
Scrub

Post by Nicole of the Stars » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:16 pm

First of all, you're in the city of angels, my favorite city in the whole wide world! I hope to live in LA one day!

Second! thank you so much for your reply and necessary information. I'm usually into modern-realistic roleplay, but It seems your world of realism thread is rather void of roleplayers! How would I attract modern-realistic roleplayers to me?

As for favorite RPs, I've had too many! :) But I do enjoy the ones that have gone on for long term.

Forge
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Warrior

Post by Forge » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:17 pm

Welcome to the Collective, Nicole-not-Nikki-not-Nic-not-Nico.

In terms of attracting players, the best thing to do is probably to post an idea or two in the Interest Checks section. That should let you get a feel for what people are into, and hopefully you'll be able to wrangle some potential players ahead of putting a game together.
Remember to vote for RPGC!

Georgeanna
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Thief

Post by Georgeanna » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:41 am

Welcome to the Collective!

Rembrandt
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Mage

Post by Rembrandt » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:09 am

Welcome to the collective, we're excited tl have to here!!

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:30 am

Welcome, Nicole!
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Moccasin
Scout
Scout
Class: Paladin

Post by Moccasin » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:43 am

Welcome, Nicole!

MakingMoreStories21
Newcomer
Newcomer
Class: Mage

Post by MakingMoreStories21 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:29 am

Guess I better join the club. Hello Nicole!
This is not your grave, but you are welcome to it.