It's Writing Month!

Check out our One Stop Writing Shop!
Whether you're taking part in NaNo, or just looking to write more, there's something for everyone.

A New Moderator Appears!
Join us in congratulating our newest recruit!

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Guess I'm here now, that's cool.

Please feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself to the other members of the forum, perhaps by telling us your RP background, hobbies and interests. You can find profiles of our staff here too.

Moderators: Rick, Forge

CrispCaracal
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Werebeast

Guess I'm here now, that's cool.

Post by CrispCaracal » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:59 am

As you can most likely guess, I have a new account and have somehow managed to figure out how to post and worked up the nerve to do it. I could write a paragraph about myself, but I'll do it in a more organized and easy to read manner.

Name:Don't care what you call me, but when in doubt you can just call me Crisp.

Role play/ writing experience: I like to read and like to occasionally try my hand at writing, but on the role play side is a bit lacking. Unless of course you count eight year old me screaming about how I am a cat and meowing loudly while prancing around on all fours.

Favorite color:I like blue and black.

Favorite food: It's currently between sushi, Caesar salad, or Shepard's pie.

Fun Facts: I play the flute (badly) and the violin (dreadfully), I like to draw, and can't find a god profile picture that will fit for this account,and
comic sans is my favorite font.
doot

Rick
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Pirate

Re: Guess I'm here now, that's cool.

Post by Rick » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:04 pm

Welcome to the Collective, Krispy Kreme!

I'm Rick, one of the mods for the site and I just wanted to give you a little guide for getting around.

To start you off, you might want to check out our Newbie Guide. It's a great first step to orienting yourself and seeing what the Collective has to offer, plus our rules, cause those are important. If you find a question or concern of yours isn't covered in the guide, feel free to track down a member of staff, we are the ones with green or purple usernames, we are pretty easy to spot.

If you want to get your feet wet, check out our Always Open RP's. These are usually run by people looking for writers to join their little adventures, great way to get things going .

If you already have an idea for an RP or are looking to see some rp's that haven't started yet, check out the Interest Checks section. This is where people post up an idea and try to gauge if there is any interest in it before starting a proper OOC thread.

If you want to chat with the other members of the forum, feel free to join our Discord server.

So that should be a good way to start you off. Remember, if you have any questions feel free to ask, we won't bite.

Now let me ask ya something, what's a good book you've read recently, Krispy? Any recommendations?

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator
Class: Adventurer

Post by Sammy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:30 am

CrispCaracal wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:59 am
Unless of course you count eight year old me screaming about how I am a cat and meowing loudly while prancing around on all fours.
I absolutely count this and, as your initiation to the forum, I demand a video of you doing so. You know, just to make sure you're of the right RP stock for the forum.

... serious, absolutely non-jokes aside, welcome to the Collective!
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Georgeanna
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Thief

Post by Georgeanna » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:32 am

Welcome to the Collective!

Forge
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Warrior

Post by Forge » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:30 am

Welcome to the Collective, Crisp.
Remember to vote for RPGC!

CrispCaracal
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Werebeast

Post by CrispCaracal » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:43 am

Rick wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:04 pm
Now let me ask ya something, what's a good book you've read recently, Krispy? Any recommendations?
Sorry it took me a while to respond, I was actually busy for once.
The book I've read most recently was Mouseheart because I saw it lying in the garage yesterday and read a few pages out of curiosity and because I loved it when I was younger. The one I'm currently reading is The Vampire Lestat, which is great but is can be a bit like swimming in jello- it tastes good and is really cool but it takes a while.
doot

Rick
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Pirate

Post by Rick » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:47 am

Eeyyy, the vampire lestat was my jam when I was a kid. I remember hating him in Interview with a vampire and then in Lestat I loved the crazy bastard. I should read that series again...