WELCOME TO THE COLLECTIVE!

A HUGE congratulations to our October 2017 Member of the Month!

We have a few new bits for you to look at:
So You Want to be a Moderator?
Annual Award Nominations
Storycraft - An RP Contest

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up!

Hello

Please feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself to the other members of the forum, perhaps by telling us your RP background, hobbies and interests. You can find profiles of our staff here too.

Moderators: Darkblade, Forge

ivorycoasting
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Adventurer

Hello

Post by ivorycoasting » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:11 pm

User Name: ivorycoasting
Writing Experience: I've been roleplaying since about 2009, obviously my love of writing started much earlier, but I've pulled away from writing for a long time, as I've just let life get in the way. But, I'm hoping to reignite my passion for it, and regain a little bit of drive in my life.
Types of RP's I Enjoy: I like just about anything, I'm more drawn to ideas than any particular genre, and I tend to find more enjoyment in stories without tight plot constraints, because I love the unexpected.
Fun Facts: I have a two-year-old daughter, and she's hilarious. She keeps me busy, but she also keeps my life fun.
Favorite Colour: Honestly, I've never really had an answer for that question.
Favorite Food:
Essentially anything without corn or peas in it.

Rick
Member of the Month
Member of the Month
Class: Pirate

Re: Hello

Post by Rick » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:02 pm

Hey, Ivory, Welcome to RPGC!

Also, I agree with you on ideas over genres, I can write in any genre as long as the idea is interesting and fun.

Soon the mods will come in here and set you up with some helpful links. Catch you around the site!

ivorycoasting
Scrub
Scrub

Post by ivorycoasting » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:11 pm

Thanks! 😊

Palacia
Scout
Scout
Class: Vampire

Post by Palacia » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:14 pm

Welcome to the glorious and enchanting RPG.... I mean collective... * cough cough*.

Rick is an amazing person and should be the first person you ask if you have annny questions... The red color in his name indicates this.

*snicker*
Image All credit to Forge, amazing work

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:29 pm

Hello and welcome!

As Palacia said, feel free to ask Rick any questions you might have. Unfortunately, I can't promise that he'll have any answers or that the answers he has will be in the least bit useful. You can try, though, it might be fun.

The first place we point new members to is our very shiny (not just saying that because I wrote it) Newbie Guide, it has a whole bunch of information about how everything works around here and how this place might differ from previous RP forums that you may have used. If you have any questions that aren't answered in there, you are more than welcome to PM any member of staff for assistance. We're the ones with the green and purple names. Most of us are friendly and we've checked and double checked that the ones with rabies don't bite.

Otherwise... enjoy! I look forward to seeing your around the place. :smile:
Thanks to Forge for the set!
Please remember to vote here and here everyday!

Forge
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Warrior

Post by Forge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:08 pm

Hey hey, Ivory. Welcome to RPGC.

Sammy's hit on the important bits, especially with the Newbie Guide - definitely worth reading before you set off on your RPG Collective adventure.

As a side note, if you're looking to jump straight into writing, you could check out our list of Always Open RP's. Most are low pressure, "drop-in, drop-out" games, so they're pretty good for scratching that roleplaying itch when you've nothing else going on.

Double also, a question. Just because it's fun. If you had to pick a single genre to write in for the rest of forever, what would it be?
Remember to vote for RPGC!
You can vote here and here once per day!

ivorycoasting
Scrub
Scrub

Post by ivorycoasting » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:22 pm

Thanks to all! I've read the guide, mostly. I'm excited to jump into one of the open RP's to dip my toe.
If I had to pick any one genre, it would probably be high fantasy of some sort. I find it enjoyable, and limitless, although any genre is limitless, but I'd be sad without a little magic in my life.