It's Writing Month!

Check out our One Stop Writing Shop!
Whether you're taking part in NaNo, or just looking to write more, there's something for everyone.

A New Moderator Appears!
Join us in congratulating our newest recruit!

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Oh Hi Mark

Please feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself to the other members of the forum, perhaps by telling us your RP background, hobbies and interests. You can find profiles of our staff here too.

Moderators: Rick, Forge

thattripletguy
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Nobility

Oh Hi Mark

Post by thattripletguy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:01 pm

Hello all! I am thattripletguy, aka Jacob or ThatGuy on the Discord. I am a freshman at university right now planning to major in computer science and minor in political science. I enjoy medieval fantasy RPs and historical RPs, usually as LGBT characters.

Georgeanna
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Thief

Re: Oh Hi Mark

Post by Georgeanna » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:19 pm

Hey there!

Welcome, officially, to the forum. As I said in discord, I'm Georgie, though you'll probably see that I go by a fair amount of names around here. Glad to meet you. Someone will be by shortly with some information for you regarding the forum and such, but until then I thought I'd say hello. Hope you enjoy our little slice of the internet.

Forge
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Warrior

Post by Forge » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:43 pm

Howdy, Jacob. Welcome to the Collective.

Now, you seem like you've a pretty good idea of what you're doing, but just in case I'm gonna go ahead and give you our standard newbie welcome package. Hopefully it'll be useful while you're settling in, but if you get stuck at all (or if you just fancy a chat) bear in mind that you can always grab a Staff member - we're the ones with the fancy green or purple usernames, so we can't hide in the surrounding foliage.

First up, go ahead and have a look at our Newbie Guide. The Guide's kind of like the instructions that come with IKEA furniture, except with less funny words and wood screws; it's full of stuff like our rules, where everything's located, our Persistent World, how to avoid the hunting dogs between here and the public bathrooms - you know, just useful newbie things.

If you want to jump straight into writing, you can follow this link for a list of our Always Open RP's. Most are low pressure, "drop-in, drop-out" games that don't require too much pre-planning or character building, so they're pretty good for getting accustomed to roleplaying here.

If you're looking to get into a more involved roleplay, but either don't have a specific idea in mind or haven't fully fleshed out your own ideas, you can check out our Interest Checks section. This is where people post ideas that they're thinking of turning into a game, and it's a good place to find people who are looking for the same thing you are.

Since I'm trying something a little new here, I'm also gonna give you a quick run down on our RP sections;
  • Worlds of Magic - For typically 'fantasy' roleplays
  • Worlds of Technology - For typically 'sci-fi' roleplays
  • Worlds of Balance - For roleplays with a mix of technology and magic, like modern fantasy
  • Worlds of Realism - For realistic roleplays
  • Private Roleplays - For small roleplays between two or three people, of any type
As a side note, if you like what you see here, you might also consider voting for us on Top RP Sites and Top Sites List. Votes are massively important in helping our community grow, and they're a great way to make the Staff feel loved, so definitely click those links if you have the time.

And that's it. Hopefully the wall of text there isn't too big a read, but if you find anything a bit daunting, don't hesitate to give me a shout.
Remember to vote for RPGC!

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator
Class: Adventurer

Post by Sammy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:59 pm

Welcome, ThatGuy!

What interests do you have outside of writing/RP? :smile:
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Fireynay
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Werebeast

Post by Fireynay » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:00 pm

Welcome Jacob, nice to have you aboard!
Thank you Forge for the amazing set!

Trekwars
Scout
Scout
Class: Mage

Post by Trekwars » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:13 pm

Realize this may be a little late, but still thought I would extend my greetings! Welcome to the site!
Thanks to Forge for the Signature text, Wad for the Avatar, and Georgie for the creative idea.