Image Happy Spooky Month! Image

Check out the Olympic Finale!
An end to Olympian meddling - and a goodbye to a familiar face.

Halloween Hijinks!
Spooky goings on in the Sanctum!
A Creepy Collective Scavenger Hunt!
Stay tuned for some Halloween contests, too!

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

[Enter Stage Right Pursued by Bear]

Please feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself to the other members of the forum, perhaps by telling us your RP background, hobbies and interests. You can find profiles of our staff here too.

Moderators: Rick, Forge

AuditorAnna
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Adventurer

[Enter Stage Right Pursued by Bear]

Post by AuditorAnna » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:25 pm

Howdy! My name's Annaka and man has it been a looong time since I saw a forum formatted like this. I started roleplaying when I was twelve on an Artemis Fowl fansite and that should give anyone a clear look into my personality. But if it doesn't, I'm a person who values being both fun and sweet with a little clever on the side. I think I give off a polite side at first but I promise I get less stiff later on.

I enjoy dystopian, fantasy, and sci-fi literature the most! My favorite book is Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev! My favorite movie is The Cat Returns and I love sleeping. I am also a poet here in the PNW and am working on my first poetry album. I am, at heart, a performer who values getting a laugh the most.

That's me! I love writing and I don't bite so please talk to me! :biggrin:

Georgeanna
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Thief

Re: [Enter Stage Right Pursued by Bear]

Post by Georgeanna » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:02 pm

Hey Anna!

Thought I'd come on over and give you a proper welcome: Welcome to the Collective.

Someone will be coming by shortly with a whole packet of information, but in the meantime here is a piece of gum and a single skittle. We had stickers at one point, but...restocking them proved to be a problem. In their place, you get the ever unique gum and skittle.

Hope you enjoy your time here!

Fireynay
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Werebeast

Post by Fireynay » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:16 pm

Welcome Anna, nice to meet you. Look forward to seeing you around the site!
Thank you Forge for the amazing set!

Kyndal
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Rogue

Post by Kyndal » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:25 pm

Hey Anna, nice to meet you. Valuing a good laugh is something that I can always get behind - and kudos on the poetry (I find poems so tough to write!)

Business Narwhal
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Business Narwhal » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:30 am

Greetings Annaka!

I’m Business Narwhal. Here, I am a life coach for hire and resident pun master. Might also catch people calling me Nar, Tusk, or “that sandbag tied to the stage curtain.” I am always conducting business as the name implies and my current venture is encouraging people to take my online seminars for any number of (legality pending) certifications. I am always looking to experiment with the way RPs can be executed so if you are ever interested in joining something like that, check out my RP threads… or if you are interested in running something like that but are unsure of how it might work, feel free to hit me up and I’m happy to postulate as if I’m an expert.

Hope you find some creative outlets that fit your interests here!

Forge
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Warrior

Post by Forge » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:30 pm

Howdy Annaka, and welcome to the Collective.

I'm Forge, and while you've probably had a good chance to look around by now, I'm going to be throwing a whole bucket of information at you regardless. I promise, it's not some sort of spite thing - it's actually pretty useful stuff that should (hopefully) help you while you're settling in. So brace yourself, 'cause here we go.

First things first, you should check out our our Newbie Guide. The Guide's kind of like those little pamphlets that used to come with video games, and goes over a bunch of useful stuff like our rules, where things are located, our Persistent World, how to avoid the auto-turrets on the perimeter wall - you know, just useful newbie stuff. For serious though, if you do happen to find yourself stuck at all (or if you just fancy a chat) bear in mind that you can always grab a Staff member - we're the ones with the fancy green or purple usernames, so you can spot us at a distance.

If you want to jump straight into writing, you can follow this link for a list of our Always Open RP's. Most are low pressure, "drop-in, drop-out" games that don't require too much pre-planning or character building, so they're pretty good for getting accustomed to roleplaying here.

If you're looking to get into a more involved roleplay, but either don't have a specific idea in mind or haven't fully fleshed out your own ideas, you can check out our Interest Checks section. This is where people post ideas that they're thinking of turning into a game, and it's a good place to find people who are looking for the same thing you are.

I'm trying something new here, so I'm also gonna give you a quick run down on our RP sections;
  • Worlds of Magic - For typically 'fantasy' roleplays
  • Worlds of Technology - For typically 'sci-fi' roleplays
  • Worlds of Balance - For roleplays with a mix of technology and magic, like modern fantasy
  • Worlds of Realism - For realistic roleplays
  • Private Roleplays - For small roleplays between two or three people, of any type
As a side note, if you like what you see here, you might also consider voting for us on Top RP Sites and Top Sites List. Votes are massively important in helping our community grow, and they're a great way to make the Staff feel loved, so definitely click those links if you have the time.

And that's it. Hopefully some of that's of use, and looking forward to seeing you around the site.
Remember to vote for RPGC!

Palacia
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Vampire

Post by Palacia » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:13 pm

Bit late to the show it seems.

Welcome to the collective, I'm palf just a friendly soul.

I do hope you enjoy the stay, and the wonderful community here.
Image All credit to Forge, amazing work

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:31 am

You know, we were actually only discussing being pursued by a bear the other day. Or rather, which of us would be sacrificed for the survival of the many.

... anyway, welcome to the Collective! We’re a friendly bunch really, I promise.
Please remember to vote here everyday!