Let the GAMES begin!

High-ku Jump - Deadline: 18th July
Synchronised Swimming - Deadline: 4th August
The Marathon - Deadline: 31st August

Event Info and Schedule
The Sign Up Thread
Medal Tables and Leaderboard

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

I suppose...

Please feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself to the other members of the forum, perhaps by telling us your RP background, hobbies and interests. You can find profiles of our staff here too.

Moderators: Dionysus [Rick], Hades [Forge]

Aurelia Courville
Newcomer
Newcomer
Class: Pirate

I suppose...

Post by Aurelia Courville » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:56 pm

Hey Beautiful people,

So, I hate these things, but gotta start somewhere I suppose?

I have been RPing for a very long time, with like a 7 year hiatus for school and such (as you do~). It's gonna take a lot of shaking to get the rust off but I'm always down for a challenge.

I'm into all things urban fantasy, historical fiction/period dramas, political intrigue (assassins and spies). But if the storyline seems interesting, I'll join other things too.

Gonna go lurk the boards now. Hope to see y'all real soon!

A :heart:
There is heat in freezing, be a testament.

Hades [Forge]
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Warrior

Re: I suppose...

Post by Hades [Forge] » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:10 pm

Hello hello, Aurelia, and a very warm welcome to the Collective. Don't worry about the rust - I'm sure you'll find plenty here to help you get back in the swing of things.

So. In the interests of getting you settled in, I'm going to chuck an info dump at you. I promise that it's not as bad as it sounds - in fact, it might even be helpful. First and foremost, here's a link to our Newbie Guide. This is something of an introduction to the Collective, and contains a bit of information on things like our our rules, the site layout, our Persistent World, which floor tiles are real and which will drop you into the Rancor pit - you know, little hints and tips. In all seriousness it's a pretty good starting point in terms of getting to grips with the Collective as a whole, so have a look when you get a moment. Also, on the off chance that you have any issues while you're settling in (or if you just fancy a chat) remember that you can always grab a Staff member - we're the ones with the snappy green or purple usernames, so that we can't hide from you among the other members.

As a side note, if you're looking to jump straight into writing, you could check out our list of Always Open RP's. Most are low pressure, "drop-in, drop-out" games, so they're pretty good for scratching that roleplaying itch when you've nothing else going on.

If you like what you see here, you might also consider voting for us on Top RP Sites and Top Sites List. Votes are massively important in helping our community grow, and they're a great way to make the Staff feel loved, so definitely click those links if you have the time.

And that's all from me - you're good to go. As a side note, mostly because I'm nosy, you said you were studying. We have a few students (and ex-students) here. Feel like sharing what academic pursuit you chose?
Remember to vote for RPGC!

Aurelia Courville
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Aurelia Courville » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:06 am

Hiya Forge!

I was actually already in the middle of the Newbie Guide cause this place is set up a LOT different than my old forum(s) haha. And I found this site through the Top RP site list! So thanks!

Annnnnd I'm on the tail end of my Masters in History (finished all course work, starting my thesis in like, a week and a half). My focus is global/European perspectives of 20th Century war and society. I really really really enjoy WWII (I've never been able to take a WWI class but I'd be interested in any book recommendations in that area if anyone has/wants to send some my way).

My thesis however will be Cold War era ideas of changing nationalities in Eastern Europe based on some 'mythical heritage' (at least that's a fancy phrase I read that sounded cool and now I just have to read all the books to prove it).

Athena [Georgeanna]
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Thief

Post by Athena [Georgeanna] » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:31 am

Hey A,

What an awesome screen name! I'm Georgie--or Gina or Geo or Gorgon or...you get the point. a lot of other names--

Please don't hesitate to reach out (even though I'm not a mod or anything)

Hope to see you around!

Moccasin
Scout
Scout
Class: Paladin

Post by Moccasin » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:00 pm

Welcome to the Collective, Aurelia. See you around!

Hera [Sammy]
Navigator
Navigator
Class: Adventurer

Post by Hera [Sammy] » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:06 am

Whoops! I missed one.

A very belated welcome to the Collective!
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Business Narwhal
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Adventurer

Post by Business Narwhal » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:57 am

'ey you A U,

Just a formal welcome to the site. Glad to have your controversial opinions on the board and presence of your character on the Majestic!

Fireynay
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Werebeast

Post by Fireynay » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:35 pm

I'm speaking to you on discord right now, but this is my official welcome... Welcome!
Thank you Forge for the amazing set!

Aurelia Courville
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Aurelia Courville » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:49 pm

Oh, Wut. 'Sup Y'all!

Business Narwhal wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:57 am
Glad to have your controversial opinions on the board
But this is the greatest compliment of all. I don't remember what exact controversial thing I said, but I blame it on the tequila.

>,>