Image Happy Spooky Month! Image

Check out the Olympic Finale!
An end to Olympian meddling - and a goodbye to a familiar face.

Halloween Hijinks!
Spooky goings on in the Sanctum!
A Creepy Collective Scavenger Hunt!
Our 'Terrifying Twos' two-line tale task!

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Welcoming a New Admin!

Important information and announcements, system updates. Forum highlights such as Member of the Month can also be found here.

Moderators: Sammy, Gideon

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator
Class: Adventurer

Welcoming a New Admin!

Post by Sammy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:48 pm

Disclaimer: If you have a weak gag reflex, look away now. It's about to get a bit soppy in here.

I am absolutely over the moon to announce that myself and Gids are formally welcoming Forge to the RPC admin team!

:squee: :squee: :squee: :squee: :squee:

I honestly cannot overstate how much Forge has done and continues to do for our community. While Gids has been busy owning every obstacle that real life has thrown at her (and still found time to answer my questions, help me out with certain tasks etc.), Forge has been more of a help to me than I could ever begin to describe. Whether it's entertaining my ridiculous graphics brainstorming...
Me: Hey Guys, what IF we had a graphic that transitioned from one icon to the other?! ... Am I getting carried away again? Sorry, so excited, my mind is running away with me.

*Very telling staff room silence that says 'Take a chill pill, Sammy'.*

*10 Minutes Later*

Forge: Hey Sammy, I made you a thing.

Me: Squeeeeeeee!
... and then making those graphic dreams come true in record-breaking time frames, taking over admin management of the Discord so I have one less thing to worry about, keeping votes high, welcoming new members, running contests, being an invaluable part of each and every staff discussion or just throwing himself 200% behind each and every one of my hare-brained schemes and that's without even touching on the moral support - the constant reminders that it's okay to take a break, the continuously open offer to help me out in any way he can and just being a permanently open sounding board and I am so flipping excited to be able to formally recognise all that hard work with a purple name! :squee:

I know that you guys only really get to see the tip of the iceberg of staff contributions to this place and, without giving you all the keys to the staffroom, it's hard to explain just how lucky I am and how lucky you all are to have such an amazing team working hard in their spare time to keep this place awesome. Whether it's Georgie absolutely owning our Twitter presence, Rick with his way of just... sucking new members into the community and making them feel instantly at home or Deebz with his commitment to getting those new members submerged into the wonderful world of RP. I honestly could not keep doing this without these guys and absolutely couldn't wish for a greater bunch of people to get to do it with.

Anyway... please join me in congratulating Forge on a absolutely, amazingly well deserved promotion and, maybe, in thanking your awesome Global Mod team for everything they do for this place. :heart:

Teamwork makes the dreamwork!
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Fireynay
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Werebeast

Re: Welcoming a New Admin!

Post by Fireynay » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:54 pm

Congratulations Forge!!! Honestly so well deserved it's unbelievable you haven't gotten here sooner. The hard work you guys put in is so appreciated!
Thank you Forge for the amazing set!

Nicodemus
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Adventurer

Post by Nicodemus » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:15 pm

You know, since I got here, the decor in this place has been missing something: some purple Forge.

Well done, Forge. And to Sammy and the entire team, you're incredibly appreciated. It's ridiculous how much time you dedicate to making this an awesome place.

Cheers, Forge. Well deserved.

BrookeDi
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Rogue

Post by BrookeDi » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:32 pm

Heh. I was just thinking this should happen the other day.

If it hadn't been for the green name, I would have thought you were an admin already. Congratulations, Forgesicle!!!!
"Who would give a law to lovers? Love is unto itself a higher law." - Boethius
"There's nothing wrong with you. There's a lot wrong with the world you live in." - Chris Colfer

Glassdoor
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Necromancer

Post by Glassdoor » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:38 pm

I think it's safe to say we all saw that coming. Congrats, Forge, you deserve that purple username. It even fits the current staff theme! ^^

Oh, and big thanks to all of the staff for keeping this place together!

Moccasin
Scout
Scout
Class: Paladin

Post by Moccasin » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:07 pm

Congratulations, Forge!!! Thanks for being an awesome mod. You earned it.

Rick
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Pirate

Post by Rick » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:10 pm

Eyyy, now he can change my name on here too.

Congrats, man, it's about time, really.

Forge
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Warrior

Post by Forge » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:25 pm

Thanks, guys. I promise to only abuse my new power on weekends and bank holidays.

No, in all seriousness, this community (in its various forms) has shaped my development as a writer for going on a decade now. It's an incredible privilege to write with all of you, and to work with a group of nerds who are as unflinchingly dedicated to what they do as the current Staff are, and being given the chance to join the Admin team is nothing short of an honour. I'm very fortunate to have people like Rick, Gordo and Deebs to argue brainstorm with on a regular basis, and even more so to have someone like Sammy to aspire to be like. She's set the bar pretty damn high with this Admin thing, and I really hope that I'll be able to give back to you guys in even half the way she has so far.

Seeing as we're on the subject;
Rick wrote:
Georgeanna wrote:
Darkblade wrote:
Sammy wrote:
Gideon wrote:
I don't say this enough, but I couldn't ask for a better group of people to work with. Thank you for everything you do to keep this place awesome, from enforcing the rules and drumming up new ideas to arguing with customer service teams about server issues. You guys are awesome.
Right. That's enough of that. Moving on.
Remember to vote for RPGC!

tashathewolf
Traveller
Traveller

Post by tashathewolf » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:52 am

Lol tbh I always thought he was an admin thus why I was afraid of him. But I am super excited for you Forge!!!! You absolutely deserve it!!! Keep up the amazing work!!!
Who Will Save Us Now by David Chappell
Hurt by 2WEI
Art by WLOP

Xalthir
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Necromancer

Post by Xalthir » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:39 am

A legend finds his throne. Congrats, my man.

Palacia
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Vampire

Post by Palacia » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:26 am

Glad to see it my friend, well deserved and I have no doubt you won't abuse your power too often.
Image All credit to Forge, amazing work

Ruler_of_Wolves
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Ruler_of_Wolves » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:20 am

:squee: You really deserve this man!

I don’t know if I should be proud or scared,
But either way: CONGRATS FORGE!
"What you look like on the outside is not what makes you cool at all. I mean, I had a mullet and wore parachute pants for a long, long time, and I'm doin' okay."

-Ellen DeGeneres