Welcome to the Collective!

A fond and sad farewell to our very own Śaraṯkṣati! Be sure to say your goodbyes.

We have a few bits for you to look at:
So You Want to be a Moderator?
Storycraft - An RP Contest

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up!

December Member of the Month!

Important information and announcements, system updates. Forum highlights such as Member of the Month can also be found here.

Moderators: Sammy, Gideon

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator
Class: Adventurer

December Member of the Month!

Post by Sammy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:31 pm

Huge apologies for the delay, folks. It has been a busy, bizarre and migraine-y start to 2018 thus far.

2017 (particularly its latter half) was a fantastic year for the Collective largely as a result of an influx of fantastic new members who threw themselves straight into every aspect of the community and made their mark pretty much from the word go. As we round off our 'Members of the Month' for 2017 then, it seems fitting to honor one such new member who, despite having been with us for only a couple of months, has already had a great impact on the forum and the community as a whole in terms of their site contributions and general likability (which is very high, in case you were wondering). So, with that little hint in place, allow me to tell you a little more about our December Member of the Month...

Now to say this member 'had me at hello' might be a slight exaggeration (I say hello to a lot of new members, after all) but they did absolutely win me over, I'm ashamed to admit, before they became active on the RP side of things. No, it wasn't their RP prowess that bowled me over (though, it has since, more on that later) but the fact that they sauntered right on in and helped me take down the stinky, self righteous, cocky boys over in the game threads. Yes, that's right, December is all about the Girl Power. She was also pretty harsh on the staff in the 'Staff vs Members' thread but I'm a benevolent leader and can let that one slide (which is easy when we still hold the record).

Anyway... it was not long until she joined our wondrous Discord server and, while we all got to know her, she began to flex her great RP muscles, jumping first into Wizarding World at War and Epic-ish Quest and then, as the weeks have gone by, into a number of other RPs including but not limited to Totemic Resonance, Endeavour Six, SUPER VICE SQUAD and Majestic. Impressive in less than two months, am I right? But alas, that is not the end of her achievements, oh no! During the month of December (and if you somehow haven't worked out who she is, this is the clue to end all clues), this member absolutely kicked the butt out of the Collective's 12 Days of Christmas contest which unsurprisingly is massive plus points in my contest-loving book!

So, forum contribution wise, this member is awesome. However, the appeal of this relative newbie (who has settled in so quickly she so no longer feels like a newbie) isn't solely in their RP prowess, boy-take-down abilities, contest craziness or even in how often they reach out to our new members in the intro threads, this member is just a friendly, lovely human being who brings a lot of happiness and smiles to the community in general.

So, it's with a great deal of pleasure that I announce and congratulate our December Member of the Month...
Georgeanna!

:squee: :squee: :squee: :squee:

Other Nominees: Trekwars, TwistedHeritage, Skummy, Fireynay, Nicodemus, McGenty, Palacia, ChaosDesigner
Thanks to Forge for the set!
Please remember to vote here and here everyday!

Fireynay
Scout
Scout
Class: Werebeast

Re: December Member of the Month!

Post by Fireynay » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:07 am

Congratulations Georgie, extremely well deserved!!!
Thank you Sammy for the amazing set!

Nicodemus
Scout
Scout

Post by Nicodemus » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:13 am

Rarely do we get a fresh member that makes such an impact so quickly as Guacamole, but Gargamel pulled it off. Gretel deserves this. Way to go, Georgie!!

Georgeanna
Member of the Month
Member of the Month
Class: Thief

Post by Georgeanna » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:09 am

Awwwww you guys are so sweet *blushes*
Thank you :bounce: this made my week.

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:28 am

Congratulations, Georgie! Very well deserved!
Please remember to vote here and here everyday!

Forge
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Warrior

Post by Forge » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:31 am

Congrats, Gordo
Remember to vote for RPGC!
You can vote here and here once per day!

Palacia
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Vampire

Post by Palacia » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:44 pm

I bestow my title with my full blessing..

Seriously, congrats Geo.
Image All credit to Forge, amazing work

Business Narwhal
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Business Narwhal » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:02 pm

I count myself fortunate to have had so many RP interactions with you in such a minimal span of time and I'm glad such an exemplary person took this honor. Congrats, Gorgon!

McGenty
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by McGenty » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:42 pm

Congrats! Well earned!

Trekwars
Scout
Scout
Class: Mage

Post by Trekwars » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:57 pm

Alright, full honesty, I want it on record that I called it! I knew as soon as I saw that the new Member of The Month was up that it had to be Georgie!

We have been having some amazing new members pop up recently, all of which have become amazing members of our community in such a short period of time! But Georgie easily takes the cake in my book. In the short amount of time she has been here she has already become so involved in numerous Role Plays, become a huge part of the Discord Community, and is now greeting almost every new member in the introductions page!

For almost a whole month I have been talking about how much of a better Role Player and writer she is than me (No matter how much she argues with me on it!). So in my mind, I feel like this was rightfully earned and you deserve it, congrats Georgie!
-I have a plan, it's a terrible plan and will probably fail spectacularly, but it's still a plan!

Sakurai
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Nobility

Post by Sakurai » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:17 am

Well deserved! Congrats~

~~Sakurai

Skullie
Scrub
Scrub
Class: Werebeast