Happy DECEMBER!

Congratulations to our new November Member of the Month!

In honour of the festive season, we have a few new contests and events for you.
Secret Santa
12 Days of Christmas
Caption Christmas

We have a few other bits for you to look at:
So You Want to be a Moderator?
Storycraft - An RP Contest

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up!

November Member of the Month

Important information and announcements, system updates. Forum highlights such as Member of the Month can also be found here.

Moderators: Gideon, Sammy

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator
Class: Adventurer

November Member of the Month

Post by Sammy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:25 pm

The member we have chosen to honour this month has been a real pillar of our community since they joined the ‘new’ board back at the start of the Summer. They are friendly, incredibly welcoming to new members, really supportive (both to myself and, I know to others) and the number of nominations they received across the board during our recent annual awards really speaks volumes about how valued this member is as a member of our Collective community. They are incredibly active across the board and really tick every single box we consider when selecting our Member of the Month.

Our Member of the Month is absolutely no stranger to RP, currently taking part in a vast number of RPs including but not limited to: The Lightgrove Isle Mystery, Endeavour Six, Nick’s Bar, Super Vice Squad to name but a few. It makes me really happy to see just how willing this member is to RP, especially with new members which is an all important part of retaining those people we manage to lure to our little corner of the Internet. In fact, I’ve scarcely seen an interest check posted that they haven’t expressed an interest in which, in the context of a writing and RP forum is just absolutely fantastic.

Unfortunately, this member is also a prolific part of both the staff and boys forum game teams and along with some other reprobates, has actively conspired against the staff. Fortunately, as we still continue to keep their asses in check with our superior counting prowess, I feel able to overlook his treasonous activities in favour of his more pleasing attributes. Plus, we all know that Rick is their (unsuccessful) ringleader.

This person is almost guaranteed to be found in each and every introduction thread posted by a new member, helping the staff to welcome our newbies right from the get-go and is every bit as friendly, open and welcoming to any of those poor, unfortunate souls who make it as far as our Discord channel. As well as being welcoming, this member is funny in their own, quite special way. They certainly have a tendency to talk themselves into circles (and holes in the ground) but, fortunately, over the course of the last few months, they’ve become almost as adept with a rope ladder as they are with a shovel.

Unfortunately, they is a sadder note for us to end this tribute on as this beloved member will soon be leaving us to embark on the first of their epic adventures. So, on behalf of the rest of the staff, I would like to thank this member for everything they have contributed to the site and for being generally a lovely, friendly person who will be sorely missed... and we wish you all the best on your travels.

November’s Member of the Month is, obviously...
Palacia!

:squee: :squee: :squee: :squeeze:

Other Nominees: Suki, Trekwars
Thanks to Forge for the set!
Please remember to vote here and here everyday!

Trekwars
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Mage

Re: November Member of the Month

Post by Trekwars » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:19 am

Congrats palf! You definitely deserve this!

-I have a plan, it's a terrible plan and will probably fail spectacularly, but it's still a plan!

Forge
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Warrior

Post by Forge » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:26 am

Congratulations to the older Donut brother. Very well deserved.

Remember to vote for RPGC!
You can vote here and here once per day!

Fireynay
Scout
Scout
Class: Werebeast

Post by Fireynay » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:57 am

Congratulations Palfrey! You really deserve this!
Thank you Sammy for the amazing set!

Rick
Scout
Scout
Class: Pirate

Post by Rick » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:25 am

Congratulations, Palacia!

My boy here came into the collective like a wrecking ball, a wrecking ball of warmth, peace, friendliness, understanding, and cups of tea made from the spikey green leaf that crashed through the icy cold walls of our hearts. I can’t remember a time Palacia wasn’t here, and honestly, who wants to? Palf bring a peace to anywhere he goes, tethering the wild side of everyone else to reality like some kind of Master Monk…..from Alaska…..who gets high.

*raises glass*

To Palacia, my brother from another mother, digger of holes, drinker of the spikey green leaf, hound master, and King in the North!

P.S.
It’s perfect that Palf here is Member of the Month for December. My boy deserves it.

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:31 am

Awh, Rick. That was so cute.

Congratulations, Palf/Future Hubby! This is nothing I haven’t told you before but you’ve wound up being such a great friend. You’re always supportive, the best listener and having you on hand to listen to my rants has really helped me through some rubbish times lately. Going to miss you like crazy. :heart: Who is going to crack me up while they dig themselves the most enormous Discord holes? :sad:

Palacia
Member of the Month
Member of the Month
Class: Vampire

Post by Palacia » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:42 am

*sputters* I don't know what to say, I know there is a post from me coming later today that will satisfy my desire to thank everyone... Wonder what that post could be be about...

I'll start here though, thank you everyone, from the bottom of my heart. It's been a rough week, this has warmed my heart, it's very cold out... not really.

So thank you!
Image All credit to Forge, amazing work

Nicodemus
Scout
Scout

Post by Nicodemus » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:10 am

Can't think of a more devoted roleplayer. It's a great thing having you around here, Palf. Much deserved.

Moccasin
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Nobility

Post by Moccasin » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:43 pm

AHHHHHHHHHH! Palf bby congrats
my bigger project
some poetry

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:45 am

Huge congratulations, Palfington!