Happy NEW YEAR!

Sorry for the delay, folks but don't forget to go and congratulate our DECEMBER MEMBER OF THE MONTH!

We have a few bits for you to look at:
So You Want to be a Moderator?
Storycraft - An RP Contest

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up!

[Challenge] Jumpin' January Vote-a-thon!

Important information and announcements, system updates. Forum highlights such as Member of the Month can also be found here.

Moderators: Gideon, Sammy

Forge
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Warrior

[Challenge] Jumpin' January Vote-a-thon!

Post by Forge » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:06 am

Hello, party people, and a very warm welcome to 2018! You guys were pretty damn awesome last year, and with a whole new 365 days laid out and waiting for us, it's time to recommence our regular voting shenanigans. So set aside your party hat, brush the confetti off of the keyboard, and let's get to work!

Now, I know that you guys see our reminders in the announcements, and the Shoutbox, and on Skype, and in the Discord, and occasionally scrawled across your living room wall in the dead of night (Sorry, we learned social interaction from the wrong movies) but as always I'm going to take this opportunity to reiterate exactly how important voting is to the forum. Since the start of 2017, the voting sites - Top RP Sites in particular - have given us around 9000 click-throughs from unique users! Back in February of last year, following our very first site-wide push on voting, we received 45 new member registrations through Top RP Sites - that's compared to only 4 the month before! For a site as young as we are, those are some pretty decent numbers, and hopefully you can see the difference your votes make in terms of the new faces we've been bringing in.

Unfortunately, the lower our position on the list, the less attention people pay us - and as anyone who's been here for any length of time knows, it's a serious fight for the top spots. This means that your vote could be the difference between RPGC drawing in brand new members and continuing to grow, and the Staff selling off parts of the existing members for funds to keep the doors open - so it's absolutely paramount that you get those daily votes in. And remember: votes are counted per IP address, so a vote from your computer and from your phone nets us two votes instead of one! The same goes for any wi-fi networks you access during the day.

So how did we do last month?
Glad you asked! In December, we managed;
  • 1269 total votes - that just scraped us past our October record, making it our second-highest month ever!
  • After some serious competition all round (especially from a particular group of ninjas), we finished in second place! A huge thank you to each and every one of you for making that happen.
At the moment we're still averaging in the high 30-something votes a day, which is good, but definitely a bit below what we're capable of. So please, please, please (please) remember to vote EVERY DAY and take every possible advantage of the ability to vote using multiple IP's you might have access to!

Click to vote here and here every day.

As Staff, we've committed to;
  • A minimum of 10 votes a day - This should be more than achievable, if not totally trounce-able depending on the number of wi-fi connections we can hunt down.
  • An additional 16 votes a day - We pay for RPGC to maintain monthly sponsorship on Top RP Sites, which nets us an extra 16 votes a day, for free!

I realise that many of you are busy, busy people with many social activities and dank memes and whatnot that take up your time, so obviously I'm not going to harass you to vote without some incentive. To that end, I'm going to award this month's top voter this;

500 RPGC Credits™ to spend on upgrading your character!

Now, I know what you're thinking. Wow, 500 credits? Think of all the upgrades I could apply! Think of how amazing my character will be! Hang on a second, there isn't even a credit-based character system on this website! All fair comments, and all very true. So get to voting, and net yourself them dollar dollar bills.
Remember to vote for RPGC!
You can vote here and here once per day!

Trekwars
Scout
Scout
Class: Mage

Re: [Challenge] Jumpin' January Vote-a-thon!

Post by Trekwars » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:36 am

*Yawn*

Well, guys, it's a new month and a new year. Forge has pretty much said everything I wanted to say so I guess I will do the stereotypical "Get out there and vote gosh darn it!" And probably <[Insert Ninja Propaganda here]>, or something along those lines!

But seriously, given how many awesome new members we got last year, voting is a very serious topic for us. I mean, look at me! I found this site through Top RP Sites! So I know how important it is to hold a top-ranked spot in the voting, so let's keep up our streak and make sure we stay up there in the top 2 spots on the board!
-I have a plan, it's a terrible plan and will probably fail spectacularly, but it's still a plan!

Forge
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Forge » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:42 pm

Still in second, peeps, and first is within grabbin' distance. Let's go for it!

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator
Class: Adventurer

Post by Sammy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:50 am

Sitting pretty in that number two spot there! Keep those votes rolling on in.
Thanks to Forge for the set!
Please remember to vote here and here everyday!

Forge
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Forge » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:01 am

Some determined competition this month, too. Let's show 'em we're not to be messed with.

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:57 pm

We are sooo close to 400 votes!

Forge
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Forge » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:13 pm

Ninjas are all over us in their attempt to take that number two spot, kids. Let's show 'em we've got teeth, eh? Go get those votes in!

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:17 am

Come on guys, time to put those ninjas back in their place.

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:59 am

The bad news is that the ninjas are a good 13 votes ahead of us... but the good news is that we've got a good 100 vote barrier between us and #4.

Either way, vote, vote vote!

Trekwars
Scout
Scout
Class: Mage

Post by Trekwars » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:11 am

Let's take that number 2 spot from RolePlay.me so that we can get closer to those ninjas!
-I have a plan, it's a terrible plan and will probably fail spectacularly, but it's still a plan!

Forge
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Forge » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:21 am

Keep up the effort, folks! Next stop, second place!