Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.

Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

What are you working on?

A board for the discussion of anything related to writing or roleplay. Here you can request feedback on anything writing-related, whether it be an RP concept, world building, character sheets or general writing, you can share guides and tips and encourage discussions on topics relating to writing and RP.

Moderator: Forge

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator
Class: Adventurer

What are you working on?

Post by Sammy » Tue May 02, 2017 7:45 pm

What are you Working on?

I thought it might be interesting to have a thread where we can discuss our current projects and their progress whether you're working on a new RP concept, a world you're building, a collaborative piece or a solo endeavor. You can use this thread just to let people know, to share any difficulties you've been having or even to create a bit of buzz around a new RP you might be pulling together!

So, to get the ball rolling, I've come back from my trip to Italy with loads and loads of ideas. Been scribbling in my idea book all morning, pulling together a world and a premise drawing inspiration from Florence, Catholicism, the Renaissance and a dash of the tone in a book series I'm currently reading. Currently torn between using all of these ideas and this surge of creativity for a new RP or for a solo project. Loving all of this brainstorming, though.
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Lumeus
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Mage

Re: What are you working on?

Post by Lumeus » Wed May 03, 2017 12:12 am

I'm bit by bit working on the backstory for my One Piece character.

I'm trying to find the inspiration and motivation to write a scene for my Skyrim RP.

And I'm trying to write a scene between my novice super hero and Batman that doesn't involve my character involuntarily throwing up or wetting himself.

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Thu May 11, 2017 8:43 pm

None of things that are currently piling up on my writing to-do list.

A new project though that may require a proof reader or two at some stage!

Śaraṯkṣati
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Warrior

Post by Śaraṯkṣati » Mon May 15, 2017 12:28 pm

I'm open to proof-reading whatever you've got if you're so inclined, Sammy.

I'm just trying to keep myself on the ball with regards to writing my story. For the most part, I don't write very often, and I want to make sure I don't write anything that feels forced, so it can be tough sometimes to keep it going. But I'm determined not to let it fizzle out.

Kotorchix
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Paladin

Post by Kotorchix » Tue May 16, 2017 6:03 pm

I have so many projects that it hurts. These are just the ones that are at the forefront of my thoughts most times.

Roleplays:
Beyond the Mists of Rosevale
Skyrim: Forged in Blood (1x1/Lumeus)
The Runaway (1x1/Shea)
The Isles of Aradia - (Struggling with an introductory scene for a new character)
Sammy's Blue Planet Bar

On-site:
The Short Story Competition - (Wondering what I can do to make it more appealing)

Personal Projects:
Children's Book (about bunnies! Illustrating it myself too, as soon as I'm done with a commission)
'Dump Stat Cha' (my working title for a world I'm working on while trying to find a good place to make a story work)

Other:
Currently Proof-Reading for a friend (I got given $10, yay!)
Got one art commission (that's totally kicking my butt)
:purplebullet: Follow me on Twitter! :purplebullet:

:splat:

Creatress
Scout
Scout
Class: Pirate

Post by Creatress » Sat May 20, 2017 2:18 pm

I'm working on this novel I've been working for years, but at least it's the second draft finally.

Just one active RP, but I'm trying to get two or three more going if anyone wants to join a new one.

Thanks to Treble for the beautiful sig and avi!

Adrassil
Scout
Scout
Class: Rogue

Post by Adrassil » Tue May 23, 2017 5:43 pm

Writing a really challenging, yet super fun to write dog fight for my 40k fanfic Secret War: Upon Blood Sands. The main characters are in their ship which is being chased by dozens of daemonic small fighters through a city. It's especially challenging as it's from Attelus Kaltos perspective and he isn't piloting the ship, he's just in the co-pilot seat trying his best to not crap his pants.

Filth
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Filth » Wed May 24, 2017 1:32 am

Still struggling with not having much in the way of free time but mostly just been plugging away at wrapping up the first draft of my novel. (Tying up loose ends of the pseudo-romance subplot of a female protagonist is proving frustrating.) Otherwise, I'm putting some effort into a couple of entries for the Character Diary contest and putting together some D&D related stuff to post about here. Just working on whatever comes to my mind really for sake of getting myself writing regularly without stressing over what it is I'm writing.

JPlex
Scrub
Scrub

Post by JPlex » Fri May 26, 2017 6:16 pm

Kotorchix wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 6:03 pm
I have so many projects that it hurts...
Same.

I am building role playing system for my table top crew. (also looking for people for an online table top RPG that I am going to be running Thursdays of next week)

I just quit my job to start making video games. I have a couple months before my saving run dry so I am kicking it into high gear with that.

I also have a small workshop in my basement and have a ton of project that are laying around including a couch i am building. never got around to finishing it... along with a bed frame, a shed, CNC machine, and like 5 other items...

I am also working on a website for me and my friends. ugh.

Adrassil
Scout
Scout
Class: Rogue

Post by Adrassil » Fri May 26, 2017 8:19 pm

I think I finally managed to break through the writing block of my novel, The Angaran Chronicles: The Underside. Been feeling like I wrote myself into a corner for like two frigging years. I talked it over with my classmate yesterday and he seemed to like my solution I've been mulling over for ages was pretty good, so here I am attempting it. Finally!

Filth
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Filth » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:18 pm

• Getting some work done for Urthsong: Ballad of Storms to make sure I keep ahead of the posting. The pace and enthusiasm has been amazing. I wish I'd have done this sooner and could handle more than one at a time.
  • Lowest priority but it'd be fun to get simple/short Urthsong side stories together.
  • Trying to finish at leas the next part of All That Wander, so I have enough to bring to the workshop tomorrow night.
  • I wanna at least get started on reworking these weird, sorta-connected Prompt Club entries into something based on a bit of back and forth I did in skype.

HyperCynic
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Mage

Post by HyperCynic » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:26 am

Roleplays:
The Fallen Feather (1X1 Dinthalion)
Training in ice (1x1/Doveslove)
Magnetic Intrigue (1x1/Shea)
Urthsong: Ballad of Storms
Few other 1x1's in planning and some that I am unsure how soon they will carry on.

Personal Projects:
My novel: Completed Magic System and half way through creating the map. Struggling to find time to work on actual writing for it but slowly breaking it all down into manageable sections that I can start on hopefully once I change job sectors.
Credit for Signature and Avatar goes to Wadjet

Filth
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Filth » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:02 am

Today: Urthsong, Exordium, and if I can ???

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Sammy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:08 pm

Yesterday evening I forced myself to sit down and start writing, no procrastination, and I wound up with 4200 words of solid prose. The most I've written in one go and on one thing in such a long time. :smile:

Filth
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Filth » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:47 pm

Trying really hard to resist the urge to pick-up where I left off with 20XX: Immortals just yet. Should probably wait until I finish Dreamships at the very least.

Filth
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Filth » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:13 am

All That Wander, Direlicta Omnibus, and 20XX. Aiming for a minimum of 500 words in at least one of them each morning. Small goals for now.

Filth
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Filth » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:33 am

Direlicta Omnibus, the Exordium renewal, and ???

Filth
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Filth » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:34 pm

Festival of Filth and reading up on how to do first-person POV well. I personally dislike the majority of the time I read it, so I know what I don't like. Now I just need a refresher course on what I do like about it.

Filth
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Filth » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:58 am

A combined total of 6k words across three different works but with half of that being for All That Wander is probably the most I've managed in one shot all year. Doesn't make quite make up for writing pretty much nothing since last Friday but felt good to get something solid done. Feels good to be excited about writing something again.

Filth
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Filth » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:14 pm

Urthsong, Exordium Renewal, converting the huge chunks of All That Wander I've written into something with a minimum level of shine to share, and the perhaps just chill and get some characters written so they get the hell out of my head.

Probably in that order. Probably not.