Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.

Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

World Locations

This section is for all world resources such as character information, maps and other demographics of the world and the Rules of Conduct for running and participating in the World.
Aya
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Mage

World Locations

Post by Aya » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:44 pm

:yellowbullet: In this thread you will find more detailed info on the specific :yellowbullet:
:yellowbullet: places in the main world map.
:yellowbullet:

You have all been amazing and I will miss you, but it is time for me to go.

Aya
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: World Locations

Post by Aya » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:24 pm

:purplebullet: The Darklands
1: Image Image
2: Image
3: Image
4: Image
Contains:
1. The Leviathan's Keep
-- 1a. The Keep
-- 1b. Circus of the Damned
2. Shadow’s Keep
3. Temple of Souls
4. Culdere Barracks
Topography: The Darklands sit flush against the edge of the great cliffs of the land, beyond which lie the Frozen Mountains, which remain unexplored. The area is barren, with only withered, scrubby vegetation and rocky formations. There is a small, stagnant river near the edge of the Circus of the Damned. Its waters should not be touched. There are small hills and rises, natural stone stairways and hard stone paths. Towards the Temple of Souls, the area begins to get quite icy and slippery.
Flora and Fauna: There is little flora here, except the scrubby brush that has died as it has emerged from the Woodland Realm. There are creatures that lurk here that were encountered by the Collective members during the War, but there are still yet undiscovered creatures that live here. Known creatures include bats, worms, the minotaur in both its forms – the seer and the beast, and the sea-leviathans.
Settlements/Landmarks: The jagged rock formations that look like teeth are one of the famous landmarks of this land, as are the buildings of the Circus of the Damned, The Keep, the Temple and the Barracks.
Population: 0.
Races: None.
Magic: A residual lingering of the effect that prevented the users from using magic during the War seems to linger. Powers are unpredictable – at times normal and at other times, non-existent. The Collective members have theories as to why this is the case, but they are just theories.
Other: Despite absence and desolation, the torches of The Keep and the Circus of the Damned are still lit by someone – or something – every night.

Aya
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Aya » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:26 pm

:yellowbullet: Island of Anghor

Contains: 5. Isoleren Anghor
Travel Time: Depending on the sea and the vessel, it can be any where from twenty-minutes to an hour. In Winter, when the frosts of the mountains creep forward, it can be walk
Topography: A flat island, mostly green and lush with beautiful sandy beaches – a floating paradise.
Flora and Fauna: Lush grasses, hedges and brightly coloured flowers. It is a tropical clime, no matter the season, though the climate stops once you have stepped off the sands of the Island. Pixies, sprites and Will-O-Wisps can be found throughout the gardens, as well as Leaflings and Sproutlings, which look a lot more vicious than they actually are. It is rumoured that Sirens and Mermaids can be seen around the Island.
Settlements/Landmarks: Anghor Palace
Population: Approximately 600.
Races: Human, Elf, Drow, Nymph, Fae and Faerun.
Magic: An incredibly magical place, though wards are tight and controlled. This is a sanctuary and the very heart of goodness.
Other: Once the home of the most legendary magical beings in all the Realms, long since passed into memory, though it is said that their spirits still travel these lands.

Aya
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Aya » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:26 pm

:redbullet: The Traverse

Contains: 6. The Lorness Gateway
Travel Time:
Topography: Waves break against the back of the Gateway and it sits upon semi-arid flatland, with large stone steps leading up to a gateway to no-where.
Flora and Fauna: Semi-arid grasses. No Fauna.
Settlements/Landmarks: Just the Gateway.
Population: 1.
Races: Unknown.
Magic: Portal based magic.
Other: No one knows how to work the Gateway.

Aya
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Aya » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:27 pm

:orangebullet: Isle of Man
7: Image
8: Image
9: Image
Contains:
7. Chasm of Light
8. Novaco Monastery
9. Shadowmill Village
Travel Time: -
Topography: Arid land, rocky stairways, some cliffs. A landbridge once connected the City with the mainland and still can if the tides flow right. Despite how many maps make it look, the Isle of Man has no connection to the Floating Peaks of Kathmere.
Flora and Fauna: Dry grasses, farmland and the domestic animals of man. In this view, hidden by the Floating Peaks of Kathmere is the farmland section of the Isle of Man, where domesticated feed animals go and where they are able to irrigate it using purified sea-water, pumped through the machines of Shadowmill Village.
Population: 2,461
Races: Humans, Gnomes, Mordreg, Mordren.
Magic: None, except that it is specific to the magical races that either exist or pass through.
Other: The Novaco Monastery has a particular relationship to the Chasm of Light. They are a peaceful order of Monks, however, if anyone tries to get to the Chasm of Light, they turn deadly. No one really knows its purpose. The Monks have taken a vow of silence and will not discuss it.

Aya
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Aya » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:28 pm

:pinkbullet: Floating Peaks of Kathmere

Contains: 10. Karthmere Citadel
Topography: Flat, paved roads, mists and long drop.
Flora and Fauna: Unknown.
Settlements/Landmarks: A citadel lies on the Floating Peaks of Kathmere, but no detail is known.
Population: Unknown.
Races: Unknown.
Magic: There must be something magical about a city built on floating peaks that constant pour water…
Other: -

Aya
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Aya » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:28 pm

:greenbullet: The Woodland Realm
11: Image
12: Image
13: Image
14: Image
15: Image
Travel Time:
Contains:
11. Spirit Pools
12. Shrine of the Woodland Sprites
13. Fallwitch Cottage and Merewether Gardens
14. Meliai Sanctum
15. Delerth Loketh
Topography: Harsh cliffs, barren land and sand give way to thick, luscious woodlands and forests, full of many pools, streams, ponds and waterfalls.
Flora and Fauna: The Flora and Fauna found within the Woodland Realm are immeasurable in species, genus and number. All manner of flowering plant exist – some beautiful, some beautiful and deadly, some just deadly – and trees, shrubs, bushes and foliage of all kinds. The Fauna, too, range from soft, cute and harmless, to spined, deadly and vicious.
Population: A rough estimate of 2,000 though the true number is unknown.
Races: Elves, dark elves, Amazons, goblins, hobgoblins, imps, quicklings, nylpids, troll, centaur, spriggan, ent, leprechaun, leafling, sproutling, lulari, lulin, dryad, pixie, sprite, nymph, werebeast, satyrs and possibly more unknown.
Magic: Much magic exists here. It is almost boundless. It is considered the most magic place in The World.
Other: The Woodland Realm is heavily guarded and fortified, despite absence of bricks, mortal, walls and guards. Rest assured, you are always watched if you enter the Woodland Realms.

Aya
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Aya » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:31 pm

:whitebullet: The Wilds
16: Image
17: Image
18: Image
19: Image
20: Image
Contains:
16. The Underworld Fortress
17. Ehlaen-Drak Temple
18. Eldar Ruins
19. Ehlaendaren Arcis
20. The Camp
Topography: Rocky hills, cliffs, lava pools and dry, barren land.
Flora and Fauna: There is no Flora here, and what fauna exists live beneath the ground. Many wild animals live here. Some have even been domesticated by the Barbarian Hordes that call the Wilds their home. Others are merely cajoled in the right direction and are very unpredictable.
Population: Largely unknown, though the estimate is somewhere north of 10,000.
Races: Orcs, humans, drows, dwarves, werebeasts, djinn, gnoll, kobald, litch, wraith, luren and possibly more.
Magic: Primitive, tribal magic.
Other: The Wilds are an interesting, mad land within the realm. Seemingly constantly prepared for war, one of the most neutral places within the realm exists within the Wilds.

Aya
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Aya » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:35 pm

:blackbullet: The Deadlands
21: Image
22: Image
23: Image
24: Image
25: Image
26: Image
Contains:
21. Nogh Darum
22. Necropolois
23. The Vortex
24. Whitechapel Castle
25. Orehollow Ruins
26. Watermoor Swamp Ruins
Topography: Swampland and stony ground, full of geysers, acrid streams and mysterious, flowing gasses and mists. These mists and gasses do not seem fatal and have no odor.
Flora and Fauna: Barren trees, swampland and rocky crags. Many creatures dwell there, though many more could lay hidden beneath the rocks and hidden within the crags and geysers.
Population: At least 1000, but the exact number is unknown.
Races: Litchs, wraiths, vampires, werebeasts, zombies, banshees, drulls, ghosts, harpy, succubus, incubus, ettercap, nightwolf, gigas, witches, orcs… Plus others.
Magic: Strange magic is at work in this part of the realm and those magics associated with the Light do not fare well here. It seems to be the home of Dark magic.
Other: Rumoured to have once been the home of a powerful coven of vampires and a sect of Necromancers. Demons were rumoured to have been raised here, but none have been seen… Though few people seldom go to the Deadlands.

Aya
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Aya » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:37 pm

:bluebullet: The Lands of the Collective
27: Image
28: Image
29: Image

30: -- The Collective Capital

-- Arepeigio Castle

-- Founders Manor

-- Meadow Acres

Contains:
27. The Academy and Arena
28. Duncaster Mill
29. Meaenalion
30. The RPG Collective
-- 30a. The Collective Capital
-- 30b. Arepeigio Castle
-- 30c. Founders Manor
-- 30d. Meadow Acres
Topography:Lush grasslands, small woodlands, beaches, ponds, streams, mountains and shrubbery. There are meadows, farmlands and many wonderous things to discover.
Flora and Fauna: This is the most diverse area of the World, with uncounted number of plants, trees, shrubs, flowers, foliage and creatures to inhabit it.
Settlements/Landmarks: The Ironworks Bridge, the Coastal Guardians and the Golden Statue of Oz.
Population: Currently, the population of the Collective stands at 161, though travellers are coming to settle here eveyr day.
Races: The races that litter this land are as diverse and numerous as the flora and fauna.
Magic: So many different kinds of magic exist within this land and they manage to exist harmoniously.
Other: Meaenalion is the current residence of the Collective Staff.