Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.

Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

*request!*

This section is for all world resources such as character information, maps and other demographics of the world and the Rules of Conduct for running and participating in the World.
Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Necromancer

*request!*

Post by Ghostwriter » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:13 pm

I was wondering if I could get a couple things added to help describe stuff about society in our continuity. So in that spirit my first question is, can I help by writing some information? Or does the staff prefer to add things themselves to keep more control over it?

Otherwise~

1= Questions about Money
Do we have money? If so why does everyone need it? Is it similar to real life where most people are assumed to need to work for a living to pay for things in the world? Is it trade based [like chickens for seed]? If we don't have money, is everything free? If we do have some kind of currency what would it be like; coins, bills, virtual credits, gold, areas of land or something else? What are the benefits of having money? What are the penalties? Is food free? Is housing free? People are assumed to "live" here so knowing how the economy works is important, especially if your persona is a eccentric business man. :p

2= Questions about the justice system
If someone does something "illegal" like stole something or attacked someone or whatever, how would the problem be solved in character? If the justice system is similar to how the forum works, how would it play out in the story? You throw them in the dungeon, cut off their hand? You challenge them to a dual, take 5 paces turn and shoot? You whip out your cellphone and call a moderator who comes and has a sword fight with the person and kills them? What if the persona can defeat the moderator in the fight? [since there isnt real power limits described in the character area] How would "illegal" criminal oriented personas work? How would "legal" personas like policemen and firefighters work? Who would they work for and against?

3= Questions about the government
Is there a government? If so, what would the government be like? Is Gideon our president, queen, dictator? Do we have an army? Do we have politics? If there are no lawyers do we have laws? Is our government currently corrupt? If not, is it potential that it could end up becoming corrupt, what steps are in place to prevent corruption? Do we have the ability to vote? If we can vote what kinds of things does the public have control over? I could probably go on and on with various questions to consider about government but I hope that gives enough to get my line of thinking across.
InHeavenTheCooksAreFrench,PoliceAreBritish,EngineersAreGerman,BankersAreSwissAndLoversAreItalian
InHellTheCooksAreBritish,PoliceAreGerman,EngineersAreFrench,BankersAreItalianAndLoversAreSwiss

I'm an Architect

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Rogue

Re: *request!*

Post by Gideon » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:33 pm

As Sammy has said Ghost, the Collective is run In Character the way the forum is run Out of Character. Though you have a good point about making it clear for everyone, so we will post some well fleshed out stuff for everyone over the weekend.
Thank you for the set Filth
Please don't forget to vote here and here every day!

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Necromancer

Re: *request!*

Post by Ghostwriter » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:39 pm

Thanks :) I did see Sammy's post but it was after I posted this. But, I figure even a multiversal basecamp has some sort of rules and ways to handle rulebreakers. I mean of course ICly, since OOCly it'd be solved by just banning them from the forum for being bad. But I figure since Gideon and the other staff aren't invincible [as proven by the forum war where Gid is taken hostage and certain fights with staff members being injured in combat] that I began to get more and more curious about how things "would" work ICly if an otherwise "law abiding" character did something "unlawful", or how "criminal" activities would work and how they would be responded with.

One prime example being if we could have captured Leviathan for his crimes against the collective.
InHeavenTheCooksAreFrench,PoliceAreBritish,EngineersAreGerman,BankersAreSwissAndLoversAreItalian
InHellTheCooksAreBritish,PoliceAreGerman,EngineersAreFrench,BankersAreItalianAndLoversAreSwiss

I'm an Architect