It's Writing Month!

Check out our One Stop Writing Shop!
Whether you're taking part in NaNo, or just looking to write more, there's something for everyone.

A New Moderator Appears!
Join us in congratulating our newest recruit!

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Suggestion - Arena

This section is for all threads that have been addressed. Once an answer has been given and the topic is closed, the thread will be moved here to keep the main section clear and easy navigate.

Moderator: Forge

Ghorroj
Scout
Scout
Class: Rogue

Suggestion - Arena

Post by Ghorroj » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:21 am

I suggest putting a post with all current title acronyms ([GO, M, TP, etc.]) in a sticky at the top of the board so people know what they're looking at before they open a thread to have a read. If there's already one there, then I suggest making it more noticeable.

It should also be included in the OOC board of the Arena section, because sometimes people just don't spot these things.
Image Forge made (mostly)

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator
Class: Adventurer

Re: Suggestion - Arena

Post by Sammy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:56 am

Can I ask why? The tags are solely for my benefit while tracking and judging the contests. What they stand for doesn't much matter in hindsight or for anyone reading them. They're just battles much like any other thread in there.
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Ghorroj
Scout
Scout

Post by Ghorroj » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:03 am

I'm suggesting that people may be curious about what the tags mean, and could easily jump to the wrong conclusion regarding the use of the tags in the titles. They may also want to add their own tags to describe what kind of thing is happening in each fight thread, whether it be a casual fight, or something that ends up being an important character-based plot.

They might also want to warn people if there's mature themes, like a lot of gore or very descriptive dismemberment involved.

Either way, a thread describing what each tag means would be helpful, if only to prevent newbie confusion.

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator
Class: Adventurer

Post by Sammy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:47 am

All sorted for you, Ghorr. Sorry for the delay, Halloween Sanctum madness rather took over!

Thanks for the suggestion. :smile:
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Ghorroj
Scout
Scout

Post by Ghorroj » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:25 pm

I'm happy it was relevant.