WELCOME TO THE COLLECTIVE!

A HUGE congratulations to our October 2017 Member of the Month!

We have a few new bits for you to look at:
So You Want to be a Moderator?
Annual Award Nominations
Storycraft - An RP Contest


Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up!

Exordium IC

When a call goes out to members of the collective, this forum appears to host the resulting events. Current: Exordium Renewal
User avatar
DaughteroftheFlame
Traveller
Traveller
Posts: 568
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:19 pm
Location: Oregon, US
Gender: Female
Class: Adventurer

Re: Exordium IC

Post by DaughteroftheFlame » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:55 am

A demon was a being of Sin, which was what many mortal 'experts' used to say back in their world when it was more accepting of these things. Demons were almost always committing Sins, one of them being the dreaded Sin of Lust, although not surprisingly they didn't mind the Greed part much. The medieval times were not the time for Morales.

Sallos wasn't actually doing anything at all really when she was taken, just sipping some of her favorite drinks she borrowed from other wealthy people. She wasn't a 'Sinful' demon, although she does like to break the rules now and then for her own amusement. Of course, her peaceful time was interrupted by a rather powerful pull, and before her drink hit the ground she was gone, spirited away by powerful forces.

She herself didn't think she was in much danger, until she found herself in the open air. It seems that the portal of powerful cosmic, reality bending powers didn't have the courtesy to drop her off somewhere nice like the ground. Well no matter, Sallos could just gather some flames into some wings and glide down. Only, it wasn't working as intended, as they were more unreliable than they usually are, which meant that she had to break her fall.

A window was not her first choice, but she flew into it anyway, the resulting noise of broken glass being rather sudden and jarring after Ghost made his entrance. Sighing, the Demon decided to lay there for a short while, to figure out what was with her powers now.
Image

User avatar
Moccasin
Wanderer
Wanderer
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:13 am
Location: The Windy City
Gender: Female
Class: Nobility

Re: Exordium IC

Post by Moccasin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:07 am

Palacia wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:59 am
He knelt down next to the tabby cat,“ You gunna be okay Kitty? You seem a touch...uh...h.h fatigued,” his face had softened and a look of intense concern was present.
Jocelyn raised her eyebrows at the sound of the building collapsing, though she wasn't entirely put off by it. She wasn't intimidated by the wolves but was grateful for the timely distraction, though why the downed man took out a flute while engaging the creatures alluded her. Perhaps the instrument had magical qualities unknown to her that would aid him in combat. Perhaps this strange man was out of it.

Still, having nothing else to do, she followed him over to the tabby. It took her a couple seconds to catch up to the long-limbed man, but she didn't mind jogging, seeing as the situation seemed urgent. The cat had sustained visible injuries and seemed to be in moderate pain. Without saying a word, Jocelyn produced a tiny salve jar from her pocket and dabbed the kitten's wounds gently with trace amounts of it. The cream would alleviate some of the cat's pain, but his wounds probably necessitated a couple days bed rest at best. Pondering these things silently, she wiped the blood from the corner of the cat's mouth with her sleeve.

In coming to the feline's aid, she had the opportunity to observe the remains of the mechanical hound and the strange orb that floated near them. She blinked at the strange juxtaposition of machine and spirit but didn't comment on the situation. It seemed, from the way things were going today, that it was better just to accept the flow of things and focus on the task at hand. But what were they to do anyway?
The Game Master wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:25 pm
The gate begins to hum with faint sound and vibration at Ghorroj's touch and ever-so-slightly more as he clings to it. It would seem the gate likes, you, Ghorroj. Well, at the very least it seems to be drawing energy from you. Apparently not enough to cause any sort of change beyond some semblance of functionality but at least that's something to work with.
"Hmm."
Image
my bigger project
some poetry

User avatar
The Game Master
RPGC Official GM
RPGC Official GM
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:18 am
Gender: My Privates are Private
Class: Pirate

Re: Exordium IC

Post by The Game Master » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:05 pm

DaughteroftheFlame wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:55 am
A window was not her first choice, but she flew into it anyway, the resulting noise of broken glass being rather sudden and jarring after Ghost made his entrance. Sighing, the Demon decided to lay there for a short while, to figure out what was with her powers now.
The building Sallos finds herself in has been stripped beyond bare. Many of the walls have been torn down and large portions of the floor and ceiling have collapsed the point there's a good chance one could move from the ground floor to the rooftop through just the collapsed sections. Also, there's the sound of machinery whirring to life as four of these mean-looking bastards are awakened by your presence. After a few seconds, they make a series of short (somehow aggressive sounding) click noises and then attack with their swords.

Moccasin wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:07 am
In coming to the feline's aid, she had the opportunity to observe the remains of the mechanical hound and the strange orb that floated near them. She blinked at the strange juxtaposition of machine and spirit but didn't comment on the situation. It seemed, from the way things were going today, that it was better just to accept the flow of things and focus on the task at hand. But what were they to do anyway?
The hound's remains were all circuits and wires along with all the other internals one might expect of a mechanical but depending on one's familiarity with biology it was all strikingly close in appearance to what one would find in a purely organic organism. Muscle, bone structure, organs, all of it recreated in striking detail with purely inorganic materials.

Any further investigations might have to wait however as two of the berserkers teleport in on what appears to be bolts of lightning. They attention passes over Jocelyn and Palacia to focus on Skummy. The emit as series of clicks from somewhere in their faceless heads and strike down at the feline in a synchronized attack, attempting to cut it to pieces.

It just keeps going. Oh, well, I'm sure you'll all figure this thing out in the OOC sooner or later.

— 05 : 00 | 5 —

User avatar
Ghorroj
Scout
Scout
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:55 am
Location: Somewhere Foreign
Gender: My Privates are Private
Class: Rogue

Re: Exordium IC

Post by Ghorroj » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:20 am

Lida Liadon wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:34 am
"Ummm excuse me but this place is scary and I don't want to be alone. So if it is not too much trouble I would like to stay with you."
"Nope, nope, nothing up here," Ghorroj's voice was a little high pitched; more a yelp than a rumbling growl. "So you can just... just..."

He blinked a few times as he gradually became aware of the hum coming from the pole he was clinging to. His ears flattened against his head as he stared at the metal with narrowed eyes. Slowly, carefully, he climbed back down, stepped cautiously away from the gate and completely ignored the fox. He poked the structure a few times, then stared at it as if he'd never seen anything like it before. He shuddered suddenly.

"Don't like that," he growled, then he snorted and looked around. For a moment he looked down at the fox with a calculating expression, then scratched his head. "No. You're barely a mouthful, and I don't really feel like working for-"

He broke off, turned and looked over at the group near the old shop, shivered a little, and then his gaze settled on a man-sized fragment of building a little distance away. He glanced at the metal dog creatures circling the collapsed building it had come from, then ambled over to the fallen fragment and casually pushed it over. It landed with a final, echoing boom. Beneath it, more or less completely flattened and grimed up by the fallen masonry, was the semi-rotten, severed human leg he'd arrived with in the first place. He picked it up, patted the grey-green flesh theatrically, then gave it a sniff and sneezed. He took an experimental bite and chewed a few times before swallowing, then he grinned and stuffed almost the entire thigh into his mouth, so that his throat bulged outwards.
The Game Master wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:05 pm

Any further investigations might have to wait however as two of the berserkers teleport in on what appears to be bolts of lightning. They attention passes over Jocelyn and Palacia to focus on Skummy. The emit as series of clicks from somewhere in their faceless heads and strike down at the feline in a synchronized attack, attempting to cut it to pieces.
Ghorroj's left eye twitched as the lightning struck near the shop. Before the first echo died away, he was galloping on all fours towards the bolts impact site with a portion of the leg still hanging out of his mouth. He reached the robots just as their swords swung down towards the cat that he'd been following with his meatsense since he'd climbed the gate, and struck both of them from behind in the same motion. He used no more than one open palm on each and both the normal strength of his upper body plus the momentum he'd built up to deliver a powerful blow to roughly the centre of gravity of each sword-wielding robot. The expertly-delivered double-palm-strike was just enough to make sure both metal creatures were nudged forward several feet and into the car-filled opening to the shop.

"HRMMMF!" The limp, rotten leg hanging from Ghorroj's mouth flapped a little around the attempt at a kiai shout, lending perhaps a small amount of farce to the situation.

It was unlikely that either robot would even be dented from the attack, and equally clear that the wolfman didn't really care about destroying them at the moment. Still, with the cat momentarily saved, he flexed one arm, carefully picked up the cat with one hand, turned around and started walking back towards the gate while giving a casual wave over his shoulder at Palacia and Jocelyn.

"Hrmf mrrf."

There was a crunch as he gripped the ankle of the rotten leg in his mouth with his free hand and started chewing. Both of his ears were turned to the sides, as though the wolfman were listening intently for any sounds coming from behind him.
Image Forge made (mostly)

User avatar
DaughteroftheFlame
Traveller
Traveller
Posts: 568
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:19 pm
Location: Oregon, US
Gender: Female
Class: Adventurer

Re: Exordium IC

Post by DaughteroftheFlame » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:15 am

The Game Master wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:05 pm
The building Sallos finds herself in has been stripped beyond bare. Many of the walls have been torn down and large portions of the floor and ceiling have collapsed the point there's a good chance one could move from the ground floor to the rooftop through just the collapsed sections. Also, there's the sound of machinery whirring to life as four of these mean-looking bastards are awakened by your presence. After a few seconds, they make a series of short (somehow aggressive sounding) click noises and then attack with their swords.
The Demon had sat up at this point, having gotten a grip on her weakened powers. She couldn't call for help, which was a shame since she knew a certain Captain who would be of great help in this urban environment, but she still had both of her main weapons, the Vixen's blade and the Ralian Great Bow.

When these rather strange looking things begin making aggressive sounding clicking noises at her, she simply sighs and stands. It's not the first time she landed in the middle of a Hostile situation, and it won't be the last. "I assume you're the welcome committee? Not much for newcomers are ya?" She asks, stepping to the side of the first strike aimed at her person, quickly retaliating with her own blade and cutting at the offending appendage whilst she slung her bow across her back.

"Well, I suppose it won't matter when I dismantle the lot of ya. It was nice knowing you for a few minutes~" She says, smirking before planting her foot on the ground, using a bit of her now limited abilities to perform a lunge at her opponents, slide-tackling one and aiming her blade up so if it did tip over it would land on her blade, impaling itself before she would throw it to the side and stand again, taking a quick moment to flare up some flames so she could buy some time and take a closer look at them.
Image

User avatar
Moccasin
Wanderer
Wanderer
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:13 am
Location: The Windy City
Gender: Female
Class: Nobility

Re: Exordium IC

Post by Moccasin » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:17 pm

On the other side of the courtyard, Jocelyn prepared her assault on the berserkers, her meteor hammer swinging menacingly by her side. She had flinched at the sight of the wolf man, but was grateful for his rescuing of the feline and knocking back of the robots. Her gun was strapped securely to her waist at this time; it was too early to pull it out, and she was worried the noise might attract other assailants.

The ball sped up immensely, spinning dangerously close to Palacia's head. Without warning, she sent the heavy steel ball in a beeline towards the berserkers, her body directing the sphere expertly towards her target. The chain wrapped itself around one of the attacker's spindly legs and with a quick tug on the opposite end of the weapon, the poor bastard fell on top of its friend. The two amigos lay in the enclosed space of the doorway, neither able to remove itself from the other. "Shouldn't have built you so top-heavy," Jocelyn remarked, wrapping the chain around her arm so as to retrieve the ball. She glanced over to Palacia. "I assume you can take it from here," she said coolly, ramping up the shell once more.
Image
my bigger project
some poetry

User avatar
Trekwars
Wanderer
Wanderer
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:59 am
Location: Nowhere, and yet everywhere
Gender: Male
Class: Mage

Re: Exordium IC

Post by Trekwars » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:20 am

"all I wanted to do was sleep...." Isaac thought to himself with tightly closed eyes. His hands were clenched closely together, or were they open? Was that a thousand needles poking his skin or was that a soft massage? He just didn't know anymore!

In his head he replayed the events leading up to this unfortunate outcome, hoping to figure out if this was his fault somehow. For the past couple weeks he has been on a personal trip in some far-off realm with pirates and zebras (don't ask). On top of that, he hadn't slept in almost 2 DAYS! His plan was to sleep in the Arc when he got back, but imagine his surprise when he got thrown into some tornado of senses overload.

He wasn't quite sure how long he had been in there, he had started counting when he first arrived but then he lost track. Part of that may have been caused by him passing out once or twice. Suddenly all the sensory confusion just stopped at once. Isaac sat there, one minute, two minutes, three minutes.

Slowly Isaac cracks open one of his eyes, glancing around. He then releases his clenched fists and opens his eyes, slowly getting off of the ground where he was sitting. Looking around he has a horrified look on his face. Seeing the battle-torn city around him with the bullet holes and scorch marks, along with the long since abandoned cars. Isaac spins around in a circle, taking the whole scene in at once.
What happened? He asks himself. He looks down at his watch which holds his multiverse element stone. Did you send me here? Or was it that thing? He thinks, gesturing to the giant archway in the square. Well I don't care and I really don't want to find out, so let's get out of here, shall we?

After a moment Isaac begins fiddling with the buttons on his watch, the hum of a small motor fills the open space. ZAP! A large electric shocking sound echoes through the area. But instead of a bright blue light enveloping Isaac, he just stands there, confused and disappointed.

Well great, now that isn't going to work either! Suddenly though through his thought, he hears the sounds of fighting coming from behind him, and as he turns to look he sees robot figures locked in combat with people of all shapes and sizes, wielding an array of different weapons. Isaac stands there, unsure of what to do, but then he snaps out of his confusion. I think I have seen some of them before... Which is true, he had seen some of them before around the Arc, he didn't know their names or history, but he did know their faces at least. So if they're here, then that means it wasn't just me, it must have something to do with members of the Arc....

As he thinks about this he starts to wander over to the Archway to inspect it. If my watch isn't working then I am going to assume that none of the others are able to leave this place either, which means this Archway may be our only way of escape... As he continues to think about this he reaches out and touches the Archway with his left hand, his watch makes a metallic Clank sound as it brushes up against the Archway.
-I have a plan, it's a terrible plan and will probably fail spectacularly, but it's still a plan!

User avatar
The Game Master
RPGC Official GM
RPGC Official GM
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:18 am
Gender: My Privates are Private
Class: Pirate

Re: Exordium IC

Post by The Game Master » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:20 am

Ghorroj wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:20 am
The expertly-delivered double-palm-strike was just enough to make sure both metal creatures were nudged forward several feet and into the car-filled opening to the shop...
Moccasin wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:17 pm
Without warning, she sent the heavy steel ball in a beeline towards the berserkers, her body directing the sphere expertly towards her target. The chain wrapped itself around one of the attacker's spindly legs and with a quick tug on the opposite end of the weapon, the poor bastard fell on top of its friend. The two amigos lay in the enclosed space of the doorway, neither able to remove itself from the other...

"I assume you can take it from here," she said coolly.
While the Beserkers are busy attempting to disentangle themselves from themselves, the sound of lightning seems to be aiming to create some form of Pavlovian response because two more strikes hit behind Jocelyn bringing with them two more of the machines that lunge to attack her immediately. Now, one might be beginning to suspect that these machines seem to be a direct response to any show of force or something along those lines. That same hypothetical one may also begin to wonder if the place has anything else up its sleeve. To that, one need only look up as stormclouds suddenly spiral outwards from directly above the courtyard. Within seconds the clear sky is filled with the ominous clouds, rolls of thunder within them, and gusting winds below. Lightning cracks within the clouds and lashes out at nearby buildings causing eruptions of stone and glass to rain down onto the streets below.

Yeah. This place has a few tricks left up its sleeve.
DaughteroftheFlame wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:15 am
...stepping to the side of the first strike aimed at her person, quickly retaliating with her own blade and cutting at the offending appendage whilst she slung her bow across her back...smirking before planting her foot on the ground, using a bit of her now limited abilities to perform a lunge at her opponents, slide-tackling one and aiming her blade up so if it did tip over it would land on her blade, impaling itself before she would throw it to the side and stand again, taking a quick moment to flare up some flames so she could buy some time and take a closer look at them.
Sallos indeed does those things! No need for me to confirm them for unless the target's name is in bold. Case in point, there is a brief moment of respite before the building itself begins to rumble and while it coincides with the arrival of the storm outside, there is something else afoot within the ruined building. The rumbling with the building gets louder, coming from beneath Sallos and then comes a sound like an explosion of stone and metal that sends a powerful tremor up through the building. Another follows immediately after but closer this time. Another occurs a second later—louder and closer still—and only a second later the floor beneath her explodes as something crashes through the floor to reveal what appears to be the head of a large mechanized snake. Meet The Gorgon

If Sallos wasn't quick enough to remove out of the way herself, The Gorgon entrance likely did the job in violent fashion. Regardless, the mechanized beast's massive maw spreads wide to reveal a tricone roller drill mounted within. The Gorgon lets out a roar like one might expect if an industrial machine could do such a thing and lunges toward Sallos attempting to catch her within its jaws.
Trekwars wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:20 am
As he thinks about this he starts to wander over to the Archway to inspect it. If my watch isn't working then I am going to assume that none of the others are able to leave this place either, which means this Archway may be our only way of escape... As he continues to think about this he reaches out and touches the Archway with his left hand, his watch makes a metallic Clank sound as it brushes up against the Archway.
Someone certainly needs to figure out how to get out of here, so hopefully, the storm and increasing carnage isn't too distracting for Isaac. At his touch, the Archway begin to hum once again but while it seems to be drawing energy from him, it doesn't seem to be enough to get the gateway to do much else. Like an Audrey 2, the Archway seems to be begging to fed more but how? The two cables, five feet in diameter, that stretch out from its base in opposite directions might be one way to discover an answer. One of the cables goes out beyond the concrete walls of the courtyard and down a stairway that looks like it might be the entrance to a subway system. The other cable crosses the street into a sixty story building wherein the sounds of Sallos and The Gorgon can be heard.

— 04 : 80 | 6 —

User avatar
Palacia
Scout
Scout
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:36 am
Location: Arc Animus
Gender: Male
Class: Vampire

Re: Exordium IC

Post by Palacia » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:47 pm

Palacia’s look of concern and care over the wounded cat glazed over; it was evident to any who cared to take the time that Palacia is no longer home, no reactions, no movement. It would seem as though his body had frozen completely. It was true, Palacia wasn’t in control at the moment, he was in fact at odds with the souls within him. Not at war, no, the voices of within had simply spoken too much and too loudly, causing the conscious functions of Palacia to temporarily cease. This, no doubt, was related to the severed link to Arc Animus, which typically aided in stabilizing such large soul-vessels as the one within Palacia.

In short the events following his question to the cat are unknown to Palacia except in his deepest unconscious thoughts.
Moccasin wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:17 pm
The chain wrapped itself around one of the attacker's spindly legs and with a quick tug on the opposite end of the weapon, the poor bastard fell on top of its friend. The two amigos lay in the enclosed space of the doorway, neither able to remove itself from the other. "Shouldn't have built you so top-heavy," Jocelyn remarked, wrapping the chain around her arm so as to retrieve the ball. She glanced over to Palacia. "I assume you can take it from here," she said coolly, ramping up the shell once more.
So quiet, was Jocelyn’s voice to Palacia, who lay within a vicious pool of murky liquid, his visualization of the soul-vessel within him. The liquid, the many thousand of souls he’d claimed over his long life. Memories of the present slowly reminded Palacia of the now, his body started slowly to function again; finger twitches, muscles spasms. . . finally Palacia reacquired control of his body. He smiled, he was back and he knew it.

“ It would be my pleasure, M’lady.”

He raised his flute to his lips and played a harrowing melody. The music filled the air, beautiful, enchanting yet it hold the very essence of solitude and tinges of sorrow. Two large soul-crystal spears formed above the two tangled and thrashing droids. They began spinning at first slowly, but exponentially increasing in speed, once reaching some preordained speed the spears plunged into the two droids heads and into the ground.

Palacia’s eyes had grown much more feral, the look of one who enjoys the act of murdering another. He heard the following two cracks of droids behind the women, they lunged, but before their blades could claim their mark, another harrowing tune played. This time softer, but still a sense of dread filled the notes. It’s effect? A crystal wall of soul-energy formed between Jocelyn and her aggressors, entombing their blades within the wall, small cracks began to form, it clearly wouldn’t take much effort on the bots part to break the wall.

“ Lady, I think we should head towards that archway!” Palacia yelled over the growing storm, he started towards the archway, hoping the women would follow him.
Image All credit to Forge, amazing work

User avatar
DaughteroftheFlame
Traveller
Traveller
Posts: 568
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:19 pm
Location: Oregon, US
Gender: Female
Class: Adventurer

Re: Exordium IC

Post by DaughteroftheFlame » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:07 am

A few blinks was the Demon's first response as the building itself is shaken to it's foundations from something. Sallos was quick to react as soon as she felt the floor beneath her shifted, dispersing into flames and reappearing a few feet away. As she is momentarily surprised at how little she moved, she snaps her focus onto The Gorgon as it appears in it's great and flashy appearance.

As it lunges towards her, Sallos idly wonders if she still has her strength, and as such would place both arms in a position to catch the upper and lower jaws, and would attempt to hold them apart as she tested this. This Gorgon was a great way to test out her abilities, to see if she had any other limitations that she should know about so she didn't hamstring herself later.

If she were to utterly fail this strength check, then she would simply do another small teleport, onto the other side of the metal snake, and play it safe, drawing her bow back as she unslung it from her shoulders. An arrow of pure flame would appear on the end of the string she pulled, brimming with as much energy as she could currently stuff into it, before loosing it into the metal spine of the Snake, or into it's face if it turns that quickly.
Image

User avatar
Moccasin
Wanderer
Wanderer
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:13 am
Location: The Windy City
Gender: Female
Class: Nobility

Re: Exordium IC

Post by Moccasin » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:20 pm

Palacia wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:47 pm
Palacia’s eyes had grown much more feral, the look of one who enjoys the act of murdering another. He heard the following two cracks of droids behind the women, they lunged, but before their blades could claim their mark, another harrowing tune played. This time softer, but still a sense of dread filled the notes. Its effect? A crystal wall of soul-energy formed between Jocelyn and her aggressors, entombing their blades within the wall, small cracks began to form, it clearly wouldn’t take much effort on the bots part to break the wall.
Mocc ducked instinctively as she sensed the blades coming towards her but to her surprise did not feel the cool edge of the robots' arms grazing the air above her skin but rather, strange vibrations as Palacia summoned a wall of crystal behind them, stopping the blades in their tracks. Mocc glanced behind her, examining the wall with an air of surprise.
Palacia wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:47 pm
“ Lady, I think we should head towards that archway!” Palacia yelled over the growing storm, he started towards the archway, hoping the women would follow him.
At this point, Jocelyn had given up trying to make sense of the situation, even more so than before, and when fractures in the wall prompted Palacia to head to the gate, she had no choice but to follow the strange man without question. Running with him was no joke as his strides were freakishly long; still, her natural speed made up for this disparity and she was able to catch up. Somewhere along the way, the girl gave up her meteor hammer, strapping it to her belt. Trying to stay quiet hadn't worked and Pal's flute playing probably attracted even more droids, so she felt it necessary to use her guns from then on.

As she reached the gate, Mocc pulled out her pistol and wordlessly eliminated the droids that attacked her, shooting them each in the head, the holes in their skulls shining green and blue.
Image
my bigger project
some poetry

User avatar
McGenty
Scrub
Scrub
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:43 am
Gender: Male
Class: Adventurer

Re: Exordium IC

Post by McGenty » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:54 pm

From a rooftop across the way, McGenty had been counting and tracking potential hostiles as they arrived. The strange situation had been well enough in hand until somebody threw a car, at which point all Hades broke loose. Just went to show, wherever you go in the multiverse, there's always going to be someone with too much muscle and too little patience.

Matt still hadn't decided between the robots and the motley mix of random arrivals which side to attempt parlay with, when a giant robotic snake arrived on the scene.

"Welp..." he muttered to himself, slinging his rifle and reaching into his rucksack for something more suited to the occasion, "That about settles it. Giant snake's never been the wrong choice before."

As several of the people below made a run for the archway, Captain McGenty shouldered his rocket launcher and took aim at the Gorgon's open maw.

WHOOOSH!

The high explosive payload leapt from the tube, smoke marking it's path toward the snake. Without waiting for the boom, Matt vaulted over the edge of the roof, tucked and rolled into the landing, and made his own break for the arch.

"If one a you knows how to open that, now'd be a good time."

He glanced at the roiling clouds before shoving another rocket into his launcher and bringing it to bear on the Gorgon again.

"Or whenever. No hurry."

Post Reply