Happy Summer Solstice, Collective! Or... is it? Did anyone else feel that?!

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

[IC] A Journey through Space and Time!

When a call goes out to members of the collective, this forum appears to host the resulting events. Current: Exordium Renewal

Moderator: The Game Master

Glassdoor
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Necromancer

Journey through Space and Time [IC]

Post by Glassdoor » Tue May 29, 2018 1:33 pm

JOINT POST
Glassdoor, Legion Ex, Sealion 224, Moccasin, Palacia, JDizzle383, Rick

Benjie had witnessed Palacia efficiently take down an entire mercenary company on the frozen world of Valentir-6 after being ambushed in the ruins of a forgotten city. Red, well, Red tended to be incredibly destructive, mostly by accident, but that thing had kept him from activating his powers…from activating a god. They were all in way over their heads on this one.

“What…what do we do? Do we wait for the others? Maybe we should- “ That’s when Benjie heard the footsteps echoing from deeper in the tunnel, quickly growing closer and closer.

Benjie wanted to panic, to leave this to someone else, but only for a second, he had been under fire before and faced monsters on countless worlds. He wouldn’t break simply because Red wasn’t here, he was better than that. Kiri placed a small paw on Benjie's shoulder, the two glanced at each other. Realizing at that moment the two were in the same boat, their two larger companions had always taken charge, they weren’t leaders.

“We don’t have Red and Palf, but we still got a crew,” Kiri pointed behind her to the gathered members of the Collective, impressive beings in their own right.

Benjie nodded in acknowledgment, they weren’t alone on this.

“W-we have something approaching, sounds like there’s more than one!” The pup took a knee, looked down his sights, and clenched his jaw in an attempt to control his fear as a horde of crazed creatures came running out of the darkness.

The screeching noise they made sent chills down his spine, but it was their appearance that made Benjie tremble. They looked like humans, but twisted, burnt, covered in large, fist-sized boils of blue, luminescent pus. Their skin was dark grey as if they had gone bad weeks ago due to their expired look. There were dozens of them approaching fast, Benjie wasn’t sure if this was a threat they for could handle.

“Ahhhh!” Benjie set the safety off and began to fire, the first one he hit on the throat, causing it to fall backward from the force of the shot and become lost among the rushing horde.

Kiri drew and sent flying an impressive number of soul-crystal shard blades, on impact they exploded in a shimmering spray of amethyst hued glitter, like a thousand shining stars.

Benjie pressed the trigger and fired again, this time hitting one on the chest, right in a pus-filled boil. The blue liquid splashed against the walls and began eating away at the hard rock. It was some type of corrosive acid, if they got close, they were all done for.

Nay’s immediate reaction was to freeze at the back of the group. She had never seen creatures like this before and she was certain they didn’t originate from this planet. This didn’t surprise her as much as it would have done a mere five years ago before she had found the Collective, but she was still concerned. How had they got here?

As her stress levels rose, sparks flickered from her fingertips. She wished now, more than ever, that she had paid more attention in her lessons of control, instead of fantasizing about escaping her duties. She had no issues unleashing her power, but with no way to direct it, there was a high possibility she’d do more damage to her own companions than the creatures getting progressively closer.

Sensing Nay’s panic, MOQ gathered her in her arms, flying away from the monsters as the rest of the group charged towards the creatures in a flurry of projectiles. “Best get out of here. You’ll be fried like a space prawn!” MOQ called back to the frightened elemental, flying back into the action.

Oliver assessed the situation (which didn’t look good) and simply asked, “Who here wants power armor right now?” like that was an actual option.

To everyone’s shock, literally a second later, Oliver was covered head to toe in The ultramarine armor of the space marines, immediately blasting the creatures with his handy lance rifle, the spit metal shredding the crazed creatures efficiently. It looked like a gun from the video game Gears of war, rather than from the universe his armor had been pulled from, so it was hard to tell exactly how he had suddenly materialized such incredible tools. One of the rotting creatures managed to get too close for Oliver’s comfort, he sliced it in half with his lance rifle’s chainsaw, the creature’s acidic pus showering his space marine armor.

“That was my favorite armor!” he roared as it crumbled away and vanished, a japanese silk screen appearing in front of him and behind the rest of the group. Maniacal laughter could be heard coming from behind the screen, even about the sound of blasts and explosions.

“Hi-hi-hi-hi-hi-hi!” Lisa shrilled in excitement as the silk screen vanished into dust, a large minigun in her hands that she could barely hold as the excitement of joining the battle caused her body to shake. She was wearing the same white top hat that Oliver had on previously, but other than that she had on a black and white bodycon dress, which clashed with the massive gun she was carrying. She seemed… very, VERY dangerous and erratic, but upon closer inspection one could see her shoot that mini gun with impressive accuracy all the while acrobatically jumping and leaping her way through the tight tunnel.

Omega L, on the other hand silently moonwalked away from the monsters in a speed that no one else could possibly hope to moonwalk in and signaled his manservant Jaervis to immediately engage in magical combat with the creatures assaulting them. As Omega L made his way to the back of the group he casually cast a blast of orange energy at the monsters in the back, taking down several of them when the blast exploded on contact with the pus filled head of one of the creatures. The blast was followed by Jaervis’ own magical spell; the manservant materialized a shard of magical ice that he then threw like a javelin at one of the creatures. It impaled the monstrosity in the chest, sending it hurdling to the back where the ice shard exploded into icey shrapnel.

Jaervis then froze the ground directly in front of him while rapidly pacing backwards to a safer distance nearer to Omega L. This magical spell would freeze the feet of any abomination instantly then begin to freeze their bodies, but most were ripped apart by the members of the Collective before they could completely freeze. .

Lester was paralyzed the moment he saw the wave of of undead, unable to remember any spells useful in such situations. To be fair though, this did happen to him very rarely. As the husks were closing in, he finally recalled the formula for Girneth’s Protective Globe and cast it immediately. The very moment the air around him formed into a bubble, one of the attackers smashed with full force against it, bouncing off as if the bubble was made out of rubber. ’Great’ he thought, ’Now what?’

The_Legion_Ex
Wanderer
Wanderer
Location: In the secret Legion Headquarters of Doom-Inducing Flamboyance

Post by The_Legion_Ex » Tue May 29, 2018 1:34 pm

JOINT POST

Alexander dropped into the snow just outside the mine, the portal Crimson created for him closing above. Slowly the white-feathered birdman stood and shivered. His bare legs were exposed to the bitter cold.

Suddenly, high-pitched screeching reached his ear slits, and his head snapped to the mine’s entrance. Crimson had warned him about these creatures. Just the mere thought of them made his feathers bristle. He wanted to go back to the ship and wait for the crew to return, but his curiosity and yearning for adventure overrode his apprehension. Inhaling deeply and flapping his scrawny, feathered arms, Alexander flew into the mine and towards one of the grotesque, humanoid creatures, emitting his best threatening caw. Grabbing one of them by the shoulders, he began pecking its head and barely scratching it with his talons.

Screeching, the creature pushed the bird off, and a few quickly surrounded him and attempted to pin him to the ground. Squawking in fear, Alexander flew around the mine, the creatures in hot pursuit.

“Help! Help!” the birdman called, trying to avoid bullets and the grabbing hands of the humanoids.

”Over here, friend!” shouted Lester, motioning at the newcomer. ”I’ll remove the upper layer of the sphere, so you can fly in from above!”

“Oh, thank you so much!” the birdman cried happily as he flew into the protective sphere, barely avoiding the claws of one of the humanoids. Alexander landed clumsily to the floor, nearly landing on the pup Benjie. He stood to his feet and sighed, relieved.

The creatures soon surrounded the sphere made by Lester, clawing and biting at it in vain; they were all launched backwards by the sphere’s protective capabilities. The creatures went into a frenzy, their screeching becoming unbearable. They soon began to slice themselves with their own sharp nails, attempting to use their acidic pus to melt away the sphere. The tunnel’s floor was soon covered in a pool of corrosive acid and fallen husk bodies. The rock floor sizzled and produced toxic fumes. The corpses of the husks began to slowly wither away and melt into the thick slush that pooled around the sphere.

“Gross,” MOQ muttered, watching the spectacle from the air.

“I...I think that’s the last of them,” Benjie whispered as he cautiously tried to look through the sphere and into the darkness of the tunnel.

“What do we do about all...that?” Benjie asked the group, pointing at the toxic waste that surrounded them.

Lester stroked his chin. “We’ll need to neutralize the acid somehow. I don’t suppose any of you have a couple dozen pounds of magnesium in some kind of a magical pocket, do you? I mean, I can conjure it but it will take some time. I wouldn’t recommend breathing the fumes in for too long, either.”

Alexander nearly gagged at the pungent odor. “No, sorry. I left everything on the ship.”

“Did someone say Magnesium?” Lisa smiled in a VERY creepy way as her minigun vanished into the air. She snapped her fingers and a large crate of magnesium appeared in front of Lester.

“Merry Christmas, Handsome!” Lisa giggled.

“Now that’s… convenient,” Lester was impressed and curious as to how the stranger did that, but knew this wasn’t the time for him to start asking questions.

Lester opened the crate and, murmuring something under his tongue, grabbed a handful of the substance and threw it in the air. The magnesium hung mid-air, forming a cube and the rest in the crate followed suit, increasing the size of the shape. Lester made a careful movement with his hand and a small opening appeared on one side of the sphere, releasing the cubed magnesium onto the acidic mess on the floor. “As I said, it’s going to take a while, so I’d be most grateful if someone cleared the air. I can almost feel my liver giving up.”

Taking several deep breaths, Nay managed to reign herself in and looked around at the others, grimacing apologetically at anyone who happened to catch her eye. She clenched her hands and gave herself a little shake, muttering a quiet, “Snap out of it!” to herself.

“I’m sorry everyone, this is all my fault. I suggested coming here and now we’ve lost Palf and Rick! We should stick together and go find them.” She bit her lip, knowing that she would be close to losing control if anything else were to happen.

Benjie simply shrugged his shoulders, he couldn’t clear the air of the smell or comfort Nay, this didn’t look like the time to nuzzle up to her and let Nay pet him.

Benjie and Kiri’s suits lit up as their breather masks were activated, Benjie guessed it was Crimson doing it remotely, probably keeping tabs on both their vitals.

“I can scout ahead with this little buddy,” Benjie held on his palm a small spherical bot, used to scan and map areas ahead of a scout team.

It came alive, a small red light pulsing from the center eye. It spun around quickly, then popped out of the bubble and went deep into the mine. Benjie watched what the bot was seeing with the display on his arm. There were no more creatures, but the deeper he went, the darker it got. It wasn’t a natural darkness, it was a...black, inky mist completely filling the tunnel.

“That can’t be good,” Benjie stated as he showed everyone what he was seeing.

Nay was the first to follow after Benjie, keeping close behind him. “Where is it coming from?” she asked worriedly.

Mist filling the tunnels along with strong rumors of a dragon was not a good sign (Though Red would remind Nay that one friend mentioning that there might be a dragon in a mine wasn’t strong rumors). Emitting an alarmed peep, the white-feathered avian cowered behind Benjie.

“We have to get out of here! There could be fire!”

Omega L followed behind Nay with Jaervis in tow as if they were on a casual walk (which they used to do all the time after wrecking entire armies in the past). The mist did not bother the two since they had coverings on their faces that prevented inhalation of the mist and toxic fumes. As the duo walked, the combination of magnesium and the acid they mentally nicknamed as ‘From the god of forbidden pus filled things acid’ began to rapidly cool upon contact with Jaervis’ shoes thus slowly freezing the mixture and possibly interfering the process in an unwanted way. There was one question that crossed their minds as the walked deeper into the tunnel: where did that bird-thing come from?

“Uh, guys….everyone...that, uh, inky mist thing is mo-moving,” Benjie stopped walking forwards, his little paws trying to stay still on the frozen acid slush.

His display showed that pitch black fog moving, almost as if it was reaching for the scout bot. Black, wispy tendrils would extend from the larger black mist and cautiously reach out as if it was tasting the air.

“Maybe we should call the others... Woah, woah, woah!” Benjie’s display went dark as the black mist sped up and consumed the bot.

It was coming for them. Benjie could hear it rushing towards them, it sounded eerily similar to a horde of locusts coming to consume them. Benjie took two steps backwards but it was already too late before he could warn the others; the black mist surrounded them in an instant, grabbing them and coiling around their limbs. It pulled and dragged them deeper into the mine, slowly sapping away their energy. The mist was hungry and it wanted to feast.
The Ex Legion: A squad of underlings under one mind.

Sea Lion224
Newcomer
Newcomer
Class: Adventurer

Post by Sea Lion224 » Tue May 29, 2018 1:35 pm

JOINT POST

The mist was upon them so fast that Nay didn’t even have time to open her mouth to respond to Benjie before she too was consumed by the darkness. She felt herself growing weaker and weaker as they were dragged further into the mine and panic began to take over her brain.

Omega L attempted to burn apart the darkness by sending a wave of rupturing energy. But the mist came too fast and got him by surprise, effectively canceling his move via downing his energy. And there went Jaervis, using what he still has of his magic to make a small compartment of ice that would create artificial oxygen. It did help the minion a bit, but it would not last long due to how gluttonous the mist was.

Lester shivered as the fog sapped more and more energy both from him and from the armor. The situation was quite serious, even more so that the armor-clad Librarian was not able to reach his ultimate line of defense- the Library. He could feel the link in the mine, he could feel it when the undead attacked, but the moment the black mist surrounded them the safe feeling accompanying him even longer than his flying tome, Tommy, was just... gone. In order not to panic, he started chanting the strongest light-based spell he knew- Nemagrin’s Nova. ‘I hope I have enough energy to cast it’, the Librarian thought. ‘Opening Tommy in this mist would be a really bad idea.’

The moment Lester thought about casting his spell the darkness surrounded him, hungrily awaiting the energy that would be released from the magical spell. Nemagrin’s Nova emitted a bright flash, but only for a second, the mist consumed it, buzzing excitedly like a thousand locusts. The further the darkness dragged the group into the mine, the harder it became for them to breathe. The oxygen was thinning, if it kept up like this they would soon suffocate.

“What the hell.” A look of terror crossed MOQ’s face as the fog swallowed Lester’s projectile whole. She summoned her spheres in a hurry but her own sparks were too silenced by the mist.
“Let go. Stop it!”
The dark forms grabbed at her wings, dragging her to the floor as she screamed horribly.
“Exo! Oxytanks up!” Her holoform vanished in a flash, replaced by a standard spacesuit, her face twisted in pain behind the glass.

Alexander wriggled and squirmed vigorously in the tentacles’ grip, throat constricting, gasping for air. He could feel every bit of oxygen leaving his lungs as he was dragged deeper and deeper into the mine. The bird couldn’t imagine how troubling this was for everyone else. Flapping his feathered arms as hard as he could, he was able to gain some altitude, then was pulled roughly back down, causing him to screech in both alarm and pain. He subsequently pecked at one of the tendrils around his left wrist. It loosened its hold slightly, then tightened, making him emit another choked squawk.

Lumeus
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Mage

Post by Lumeus » Tue May 29, 2018 1:36 pm

“It is finished,” Lumeus said with a very pleased smile. “Now to meet the dragon…”

The pride he allowed himself to feel was short lived as he glanced around the market to find that the other Collective members were gone.

“Oh…”

Gently, Lumeus placed his finished work in his coat pocket, and stopped at one of the market vendors on his way out to purchase a flashlight and some rope before making his way out to where the cars had been parked only to find that one of the vehicles was missing, and apparently his fellow traveling companions had taken part in some sort of battle that had involved most of the parking lot and spilled out onto the street.

There were scorch marks on the pavement, remnants of fortified barriers made of ice and snow, and even what appeared to be the massive husk of a serpent, also comprised of snow. Thankfully there were no traces of blood, so at least none of the group members were seriously injured physically.

Lumeus admitted that his focus had been intently absorbed in his project, but he didn’t think his attention so distracted that he missed such a skirmish. Lumeus slowly slid his hand in a horizontal motion and returned the parking lot and street to the way they were before the Collective’s disturbance. Any locals passing by either didn’t notice or didn’t seem to care, and Lumeus was reminded of what Nay had said about the local humans behaving oddly.

It took a bit of searching, but with a little help from a few orbiting satellites, Lumeus was able to track the movements of the missing vehicles all the way to the mine they were supposed to be investigating. Lumeus scrubbed the information from the data servers the satellites were talking to, as well as his own involvement, so that the owners, or “C.I.A.” as they called themselves, wouldn’t get upset.

Lumeus double checked the parking lot, double checked his coat pocket and slid into the space where the mineshaft entrance was located. Lumeus attempted to map the tunnels, like pouring molten metal into an anthill but found he was unable. There was magic at work here.

With a sigh, Lumeus turned on his flashlight and headed down into the dark.

Palacia
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Vampire

Post by Palacia » Tue May 29, 2018 1:36 pm

JOINT POST

“Paaaathetiiiick,” a voice came…from inside their minds.

It was deep, guttural, and filled with loathing.

“Yooou woould cooome foor theem? Hng, hng, hng, Thiisssss shaaape youu woooouuld presssume tooo exiiiist issss buuut aaaa faalssssehoood.”

Benjie was being dragged along with everyone else but was able to speak thanks to his breather mask.

“What is that? Why...why does it sound like its never said no to a third serving?”

Jaervis faintly responded with the best of his ability, “Probably because he is on drugs...” The small ice-breather had already completely expired after that short response.

Benjie simply raised an eyebrow and decided to focus on breaking free instead of whatever Jaervis said.

“Hng, hng, hng, behold, aaa shaaape ooffff innnverrteeed liiiiight.”

The mist quickly dissipated, revealing a massive chamber, dimly lit by what appeared to be purple veins of fungus running up and down the walls of the cavern.

The group was released and dropped to the floor. Those with breather masks were fine, but those without them quickly noticed that there was no oxygen down here.

Nay’s panic only grew as the realization came that she couldn’t breath and she clawed at her throat, desperately trying to draw in something useful from the atmosphere.

“Muuuuch tooo leaaarn beeefore I giiive myyy giiiftsssss, I woonderrr, whatttt arre youuu caaapablee offfff?”

Two spheres came emerged from the mist, which had now retreated to the very back of the cavern. Each sphere was about eight feet high and had the look of frosted glass, inside Rick and Palacia kept hitting, smacking, and punching the walls of the sphere to little effect.

A thin slit appeared on each one, dripping a thick, black ichor. It pooled just below the spheres on the cavern floor. After a few moments, both pools of ichor began to bubble and warp, limbs formed, then heads, and finally a shrill screech from both creatures once they were fully formed.

The beings studied their surrounding, inspecting their hands, touching their faces, looking at each other.

“R..ed?”
“Paaa….Paaalassssia.”

Copies...clones...abominations of Red and Palacia had been birthed from the pool of ichor, with what appeared to be their memories.

Shadow Red looked at the group of miserable creatures that had been dropped before him and smiled. It recognized them, some were more familiar than others, but the elf inspired a certain rage inside of him.

“N-Nay...NAY! Hahaha, I am heeeere because of youu,” It raised its hand and pointed a judging finger at the wheezing fire elf.

That arm sparked with jade green power, somehow, some way, the clone could tap into Red’s powers, the powers of a god. His arm turned into a jagged blade, meant to tear and rip whatever it came into contact with.

“Let….let me thank you, Nay, let me thank you, hahahHAHA,” With unnatural speed, the clone leaped at Nay, who still hadn’t found a source of oxygen.

Nay’s eyes widened as she desperately used some of her vital remaining energy to leap back and avoid the Rick clone. Her mind was running at a million miles an hour as she tried to figure out what to do next. Her powers were more than useless without oxygen, she could feel her body losing control but without oxygen, the fire was dead the instant it left her body. Her movements were becoming sluggish and she looked around frantically for help.

Red came crashing down on top of Nay, his bladed hand digging deep into the earth, a mere inches from her head. She let out a silent scream, just about all she could manage and weakly lifted her arms in a pitiful attempt at protection.

“Nay, Nay, Nay, don’t disappoint meeeee! You will not get out of this so easily,” Shadow Red turned to look at the real Red’s Kiri and lunged towards her. He grabbed Kir by the throat and rummaged through her pack, pulling out one basic rebreather with a filled air pack.

“Very nice,” He tossed Kiri aside and made his way back to Nay.

“Come now, Nay, I want to dance,” He tossed her the rebreather and made his other hand transform into the head of a war hammer.

Shadow Red raised his hand and brought it down hard on Nay.

Nay struggled to fit the mask but drew in a deep breath as soon as it was on and instantly felt her energy return. She was still sluggish when she spotted the imposter Red’s hammer hand coming right for her and span out of the way as quickly as she could. Unfortunately, she wasn’t quite fast enough and his hand came crashing down on her arm, smashing it and causing her to let out a scream that was muffled by her mask.

She pulled her injured arm into her chest and turned back to glare at Shadow Red. “You’ll have to do better than that!” She snapped, but she was uncertain as to her next move. Then, a flash of inspiration came to her. She took several deep gulps of precious oxygen then pulled the mask off and allowed some of the oxygen from the tank to spill into the air.

The sparks that had been lingering underneath her skin instantly caught alight and the flames leaped around her. Unfortunately, there still wasn’t a lot, but Nay was able to direct a concentrated tendril towards Shadow Red, with a great deal of mental strength, aiming right at his head.

Shadow Red didn’t move, he wanted to see what Nay was capable off, and she delivered. His entire head was burned away, leaving nothing but gushing ichor and molten jade energy. The headless Red took a few steps backward before his head began to rebuild itself, a giant, maniacal smile spread across his face as Nay stared on in horror, whilst fitting her mask back over her mouth.

“Hahaha! That wasn’t so bad, was it! You have a broken arm and I….Well, it’s like I’m brand new!” Red turned his hands back to normal and shoulder checked Nay, launching her against the cavern walls with brutal force. Her head flew back and hit the wall with a sickening thud, causing her to lose consciousness almost immediately.

“Stay in your place while I deal with your friends.”
Image All credit to Forge, amazing work

Fireynay
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Werebeast

Post by Fireynay » Tue May 29, 2018 1:37 pm

JOINT POST

Oceanic eyes widened as the birdman watched the clones materialize. The deep, throaty voice was creepy enough, but this...this was an absolute nightmare! Plus, the lack of oxygen was only making matters even worse. His heart thumped furiously in his chest as he quaked in terror, molt drifting to the ground. He gasped for air, occasionally letting out small chirps.

Benjie’s eyes widened in horror as he saw what had crawled out of the two spheres, he was in shock and would have remained that way if it wasn’t for the large bird man gasping for air next to him.

“Oh-oh, that doesn’t sound good,” Benjie reached for one of the pouches in his belt and pulled out his last breather,” Here!”

Benjie tossed it to the bird person, not bothering to look if he caught it. No, his attention was all on his Master’s clone. He pulled out his plasma rifle and began to fire. Snatching up the breathing mask, Alexander placed it on his face. Relief brightened his eyes as he inhaled deeply, held it, then exhaled.

Once he caught his breath, the bird watched the battle with slight sadness. It seemed everyone else possessed incredible feats he didn’t, causing helplessness to seep in. What could he do? Surveying the chamber once more, his large orbs spotted the two creatures in the large spheres. If he couldn’t stop the clones, then perhaps he could try to free one of them.

With a bright, determined grin on his beak, Alexander flew towards Palacia’s prison, grabbed it, then began pecking and scratching the glass. “Don’t worry, kiddo, I’ll get you out!”

Shadow Red simply raised his hand and deflected the shots Benjie fired at him, which he quickly grew tired of and deflected one directly at Benjie’s chest that sent the pup flying backwards.

“Mediocre.”

MOQ let loose a scream of primal rage at the sight of the abominations, the lines in her head burning with intense pink light. The alien summoned her light gauntlets, kaleidoscopic gloves which burned with the heat of a thousand suns. “You’re a fool if you think I’ll hold back.”

With an empowered flourish, MOQ launched herself towards the pair, sparks flying as she aimed her massive combat boots at Red II’s head.

With a thunderous sound and flash of inky black energy, reminiscent of Palacia’s previously azure blue, MOQ’s attack had been stopped. Surprise, no doubt, would impress itself upon her face as she realized that the Palacia had moved far faster than the eye could see, only to stop her attack with a single finger. Tendrils of black energy frothed off of Palacia, his eyes pools of shadow and cool, seething rage.

“Heya MOQ lemme repay you for earlier.” The strange sensation of Palaclone’s voice lagging behind his preceding movement. A swift motion followed, a blur really, as Palaclone’s legs cracked the oxygenless atmosphere and snapped towards MOQ.

MOQ heaved as Palf’s feet wedged itself in her side. “Fuck you…” The princess groaned, falling to her knees.

Palaclone stayed for a moment. Perhaps an internal clash within his mind had occurred, or perhaps he’d simply been admiring his handy work, but it gave Kiri enough time to scurry forward. She lept, colliding with Palaclone’s head and latching on with her claws. She quickly drew a dagger, plungging it into Palaclone’s back, digging the blade about half way in.

MOQ watched the cat assault Pal with a Machiavellian smirk, before sweeping his leg like a goddamn savage. “Good Kiri!” Not wanting to waste an opportunity when she saw one, the alien tackled the fallen soulmancer, kneeing his crotch with her bony knees. Planting her hands firmly on his shoulders, MOQ arched her back dramatically, before slamming her helmeted skull into his face repeatedly. In between hits, she managed to blurt out a few disparaging words. “You. Mongoose-lookin’. Cheeto dustin’. Lightweight. Little bitch.”

No sound escaped Palaclone’s lips as MOQ’s furious flurry of blows impacted his form. The ending of the assault was marked only with growing smile on his face. His void-like eyes stared intently into MOQ, “Is that it?” The end of his sentence was marked by an unpredictable explosion of inky black energy. Kiri flew across the room crashing into the far wall with a fleshy clump, the floor shook and the ceiling rumbled as several rocks crashed to the ground.

“KIRI!” MOQ screamed as the cat’s small figure collided with the wall. She abandoned Pal’s limp body, soaring into the air as she searched desperately for the sidekick among the rubble. Finding her under the shadow of a boulder, she cradled the creature in her arms, crying streams of boiling hot tears as she checked her pulse and found that she was alive.

She glared at Palaclone, now standing. “I’m not finished,” MOQ whispered, the score soaring with trumpets and soft strings. She set Kiri’s frail body down gently, before rising as a titan, her famed light blades forming around her hands.

A few seconds later a flash of brilliant blinding sapphire-hued energy bathed the chamber in searing light. Palf from within his imprisonment had unleashed an enormous amount of power, tendrils of brilliant blue light licked off his form briefly before flowing upwards. Another thunderous echo as his fist stuck his containment sphere. Another thunderous boom cracked through the chamber as the energy that Palf had released backfired. A darkness filled the room briefly before fading and the room returned to its original lightning. Palf’s form lay unmoving within the spherical prison.

“Stop fucking about, Palf! The Collective will get us out of here! They have Lumes with them!” The original Red called out from his own prison, completely unaware Palacia had passed out.
Thank you Forge for the amazing set!

JDizzle383
Scrub
Scrub

Post by JDizzle383 » Tue May 29, 2018 1:37 pm

JOINT POST

Palaclone began to laugh, raising a hand towards MOQ and gestured with his finger. “I’m waiting, bug.”

MOQ grimaced, but something about the way Pal lay convinced her everything was fine with him. “Sorry to keep you waiting, then,” she said with uncharacteristic coolness. She sized her opponent, looking him dead in the eye. “En garde.”

(At this moment, thousands of light years away, Steve would be piss drunk in the tour ship’s bathroom, puking up last night’s margaritas.)

MOQ crouched, before launching herself into the air, and like apocalypse, she let rain down a meteor shower of photons while her companions rushed him.

Jaervis then took this moment to wake his boss up after creating a stronger ice-breather for himself, then making another one for his boss, inserting it and waiting for a few seconds before forcing him awake with a winding kick at the rib. Omega L responded by jerking up as if having awakened from a nightmare. He then commanded Jaervis to let him deal with the situation on his behalf while he recovered at a safe corner and assessed the situation.

Shadow Red looked at Omega L slink off and decided against attacking him, this Jaervis interested him far more.

This time, Jaervis stepped towards the Pseudo-Palf, immediately having a nice idea to limit the opponent’s moveset. He turned towards everyone behind him, warning them loudly “Never touch the ice!”. He then rushed to a position behind MOQ, riding on a large ice slab he conjured in a split second like a pro-skater while creating ice behind him. Jaervis jumped up high, the ice slab now at his hands. He then threw the now-motion-tracking slab at Pseudo-Palf, hoping to crush the opponent or leave a wide radius of ice that would slowly freeze the fake. He then launched himself towards the ground, ready to punch it as the slab emits a ring of frost that landed forward and around Pseudo-Palf. As he touched the ground, a large ice wall formed in place of the ice ring.

“Hahaha!” Shadow Red laughed as the ice wall sprung up around Shadow Palacia, all the while being pelted by the photon rain. He walked towards Palaclone so he could free him, but made the mistake of stepping on the ice Jaervis had created. His foot immediately began to freeze, solid ice crawling up against his leg.

“Interesting.”

Shadow Red struck the ground with his fist to shatter the ice, but now his arm was freezing too. Then his other leg, his torso, and lastly his head.

“Hahaha, this was certainly a good one..” The ice-covered Shadow Red’s mouth, leaving a terrifying smile on his face as he looked directly at Jaervis.

“Hah! Better chill up a bit!” replied the ice-maker, pleased with his comeback.

“Is...is that it?” Benjie cautiously whispered, eyeing the others to see if the danger had passed.

Unluckily for the pup, The ice that was holding shadow Red began to vibrate, the ice slowly turning to steam.

“Agggghhh!” Shadow Red burst out of the ice and blasted high into the air, jade wings exploding off his back, his arms and legs turning into massive claws and talons.

Shadow Red’s face contorted and twisted, his jaw unhinged as his mouth grew and his teeth elongated into massive fangs.

“I have grown tired of this, friends, let’s just cut this short, Palacia and I have other things to do.”

Shadow Red flew to where Palacia was and crashed through the ice walls, freeing him. He then pivoted mid-air and flew right at Jaervis, grabbing him with his hands and crashing the servant against the ground, hard.

MOQ watched the ice elemental hurl towards the ground before being captured by the now recovered Omega L. A smirk appeared on her face as she admired Red’s new form. “So Nay was right about the mines.” With a grunt, she dived towards the beast, shooting a massive laser out of her third eye at his backside.

Palaclone, released from his icy prison muttered several angry expletives. These annoying gnats were frustrating him to no end. Why couldn’t they just lay down and accept the inevitable? Glaring briefly at MOQ’s buzzing about, her target clearly Rick. The beam cut through Red like a knife through butter, slicing his left leg and tail clean off. Red let out a howl of pain as he came crashing down to the cavern floor. Red thrashed and smashed anything around him as his limbs grew back, exerting more of his energy. Palaclone gave a look of annoyance to Red before moving to engage the others.

MOQ watched as her attack incapacitated Red. Tears formed in her eyes as she gained immense downward speed, her swords pulsing with energy as she readied her next slew of attacks.

Super hyper slash power blast COMBO

Before Red had a chance to ready himself, MOQ was upon him, slicing away at him faster than he could heal himself. It was a torrent of blades shredding away at his molten glass like body. Once MOQ’s attack was done Red was left on his knees, fissures in his body sizzling and sparking as the healing process began. This attack had caused a great deal of damage, weakening Red significantly.

Moccasin
Scout
Scout
Class: Paladin

Post by Moccasin » Tue May 29, 2018 1:38 pm

JOINT POST

Lester opened his eyes, sat up, took a deep breath and started coughing uncontrollably. Only then he looked around. He wasn’t in the cavern anymore, he was… ”Oh, thank all that is holy”, he said, looking at the familiar sight of gigantic bookshelves spreading until the horizon. He was back at the Library, unfortunately not for long. The relocation was only temporary, he had an hour at best. ’Or a couple of minutes’, Lester thought, feeling something pulling him back to the outside world. That and his companions were probably being attacked by an unknown assailant right about now. He stood up and spoke loudly and clearly: ”By Librarian’s Laws, I request all the magical artifacts the Seventh Imperial Archmage of Military Council was carrying during his battles against Mana Drainers be relocated from First Grand Imperial Library’s Memorial Cabinet to my current location.”

Lisa looked on with… was that interest or insanity? She snapped her fingers again, and the sound reverberated off the walls of the cave. “Who here has seen Alien vs. Predator?” she asked smiling as the literal alien tiny-mouth-acid-spitting-horror was dragged into the room by what seemed to be the dark air around them. “You ready to play, boy?” she cooed “Okay! EVISCERATE THEM!” Lisa laughed without restraint as the creature ran at Red’s clone. The creature immediately began attempting to do so, acid be damned and every time it was struck, its blood melted the floor. “Oh relax! He’s under my control. END HIM! I wanna hear this ugly ass dragon SQUEAL LIKE A PIGLET!” Lisa shouted like a madwoman. Oliver sighed under the hat. “Pas mon idée!” he said in French even though no one could see him. (translation: Not my idea!)

Though before the creature reached Red, Palaclone blocked the path. Catching the creature, using its momentum to pivot off his back foot, Palaclone spun around and flung the creature back at Lisa. Pointing his hand towards Lisa as an imitation of a gun, firing two shots of potent plasma energy.

Lisa backflipped then in a sudden turn of events, completely vanished. Seconds later, DemonRed had a large gash across the chest. A few moments later from another corner of the room, Lisa’s voice called out, “Invisibility cloak! Don’t you just love Harry Potter?”

Nay groaned slightly as she came around, wincing as she tried to move her broken arm to feel the tender lump on the back of her head. It took several seconds but the noise surrounding her sped up the process of gaining her bearings. Her eyes filled with horror when they landed on the monster that Shadow Red had become. She barely stopped to think before struggling to her feet and unhooking the mask once again. This time, instead of simply using the oxygen that escaped from the mask, she pulled off the tube that connected the mask to the tank.

A quiet hiss filled the air, but nobody could hear it over the other sounds in the cavern. Almost immediately the air caught alight and Nay attempted to direct another burst of flame towards Shadow Red. It flickered out almost as quickly as it had appeared though. A splitting headache caused by the impact meant that Nay was struggling to concentrate enough to keep control.

She held the canister close to her face and took another couple of deep breaths, then gathered all the mental resolve she had left. Another flame appeared, stronger than anything she had created before and she quickly directed it straight towards Shadow Red before she lost control again.

Once again Palaclone jumped into the fray, seeing Nay fire off another burst of impressive flame all he could manage to do was jump into its path. His durable body stopped the flames short, but the toll was visibly apparent. Heavy breaths, charred clothing, and hair.

“These gnats,” Palacia snarled.

His fatigue beginning to wear down his typical combat creativity, firing two simple similar beams of obsidian hued energy towards Nay. They weren’t very strong, however, by far one of his weakest attacks.

Loud series of cracks sounded as a faint smell of ozone started lingering in the cave’s air. Then, in blinding electrical discharge, appeared Lester, donning flashy blood-red robes and holding a long, twisted staff. He was brimming with excessive mana, his eyes glowing brightly and filling up with miniature electrical discharges. The very air around him seemed dense. ”My preparations are complete, friends. Point me in a direction and I shall strike with all the might I and the greatest of Empire’s battlemages have at our disposal!”

Palaclone’s head jerked to Lester as his rather flashy entrance and declaration were made apparent to the large room. “What a showman you are, keep it up and I might have a moral inclination to not kill you…” he paused for a second, a grin forming on his face, “Ha, just kidding, Imma murder you.”

Palaclone launched himself forward, a large obsidian hued blade formed in his hand, crossing the distance in just a few strides he unleashed a quick succession of powerful quick attacks at Lester. His blade humming with energy.

Lester did not budge, letting the blade go through as he pulled the evil doppelganger closer. “Guess who just fell for the oldest trick in the book”, he said to Palaclone as his whole body started buzzing with electricity. A loud crackle sounded and Lester disappeared, leaving a huge lightning ball in his stead, which discharged shortly after, striking the evil clone. Palacia tried to contain the immense energy from Lester’s spell, but it was too much in his now weaker form. The lightning ball erupted between his hands and brutalized him further.

Lisa saw this and with more effort than usual, said… “I’ve always wanted to quote Akame Ga Kill! Looks like I get to play my trump card! DEMON’S BLOOD TIME FREEZE!”

A symbol appeared on her bosom and she literally froze time for everyone but herself. Walking over to Palaclone, she sighed happily. “I’m going to enjoy this!” she said as she materialized a chainsaw and beheaded the demonized version of their new friend. Time then resumed its flow, however, Lisa could not remove the Demon mark from her chest, try as she might. “Well… now I am even more insane than usual… lucky me!” she said, watching her alien pet once again go at Red, though losing that particular fight.

Lester appeared right after the Time Freeze ended, falling to his knees and holding his stomach. “Okay. After careful consideration Lightning Decoy is far more fun than I… Hmph… Imagined it to be…”, he said, trying not to vomit.

Omega L then landed a bit far from the rest, this time taking the injured Jaervis’ place ala Tag-Team. “Now, it is my turn.” *SNAP*. Looks like someone else used another trump card by snapping his fingers. One of Omega L’s more unfair strategies, infamously known as ’Shadow Data’ which involves fighting with the data of his minions, had been unleashed. Responding to the snap of a finger, two shadows appear next to their opponents, the closest to Shadow Rick looks like that of a cube-headed businessman while the one closer to Palaclone resembles that of a partially mummified pharaoh (complete with a mask). The two shadows then begin their attacks while Omega L sends a barrage of orange homing projectiles towards the two.

The shadow businessman attacked by first firing three laser beams away from the opponent and let them ricocheting around the cavern walls before putting two fingers on his own right temple like a psychic (which he was the real deal, actually), using focused psychic energies to send a purple dome towards Shadow Red straight from the ground. Judging by the path of the two lasers, they would hit Palaclone but if they are dodged, they would realign to hit Shadow Red precisely at the head five times if he were to avoid the purple dome (due to the unnatural calculation skills of the originating minion). The remaining lone laser would attempt to hit Red from the back.

The shadow mummy, on the other hand, conjured a massive swarm of hornets made out of unknown metals, with poison capable of making flesh rot when not cured immediately. The thing that makes them worse is that their reflective covering makes it difficult for Palaclone to know where the lasers are coming from. The swarm behaved like normal angry hornets for five seconds before forming a large sphere around Pseudo-Palf and attempting to crush him with rapid force.
The sphere containing Palacia began to loosen....turning to the consistency of flesh. Fibers of muscular tissue shot out and wrapped around Alex tightly, dragging him into the sphere with an unconscious Palacia.

The birdman gasped as the tendrils wrapped around and dragged him into the spherical prison. Frantic, he flew around in circles, scratching, hitting, pecking, and banging into the glass, screeching, squawking, and peeping. “Help!”

“Alex is that you?! When did you get here? Why are you inside with Palacia?! Jesus christ what is happening out there!” Red felt like he should have been feeling hours earlier; worried about the group that had been placed under his care.

The flurry of attacks against Shadow Red and Palaclone were more than their weakened forms could handle. The dome crashed violently on Red, paralyzing his body for a moment while he was showered with pain. The lasers that bounced around the cavern walls were moving too fast for Palaclone to keep track of, each crashing against his head. The shadow soulmancer was knocked to the floor, thick black ichor dripping from his mouth. Red attempted to stand, but his legs gave under him and he fell back to the floor. He raged and cursed at the members of the Collective, his already gruesome face twisting into nothing but hate.

“I could kill all of you! I could crush you between my hands like the insufferable rats that you are! I need more...please, I need more! Give me Red and I will crush them, I’ll...i’ll watch them suffer for all eternity, please just give me more power!” Shadow Red screamed.

Flinching at his harsh words, MOQ hovered over FakeRick pitifully, her swords disappearing as her boots touched the ground beside him. “You didn’t make it easy, that’s for sure.”

Shadow Red spit black ichor at her feet, his rage dissolving into a coughing fit. He grabbed at her ankle half-heartedly, his breath shallow, his eyes red and wet; she kicked him away and struck his jaw with her heel. Without so much as a grunt, Shadow Red rolled over and looked up at her slack-jawed.

“Good night.” MOQ gathered him in her arms, before chucking him into the air and sending him flying towards Palaclone like a volleyball, his body bursting into pink flames as she spiked him with her gauntlets. A flash of light and the two clones were gone, replaced by a bubbling geyser of ichor and pyrotechnics.

Dionysus [Rick]
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Pirate

Re: [IC] A Journey through Space and Time!

Post by Dionysus [Rick] » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:53 am

Joint Post
Sea Lion, Lumeus, Palacia, Legion Ex, Glasskull, Rick, Nay

Red tried to see through the opaque walls of the sphere to see what was happening out in the cavern, but that proved unnecessary as the sphere ejected him through an opening in the bottom. Being ejected from the sphere was very much like being pushed out from a soft, moist, fleshy hole, an experience Red would never ever discuss with anyone for the rest of his life. The adventurer landed on his knees and palms, covered in thick black goop and shaking like he was freezing.

“Wha-Wha-what the hell was thaa-ughhhhh!” Red attempted to talk but his body had other ideas, vomiting chunks of the black ichor unto the floor and all over his hands.

“Oh jesus that shit was inside meee- ughhhh!” This time the idea of having the black ichor inside his stomach activated his gag reflex and he vomited again.

“Oh no, oh no, no no no no, I haven’t vomit-I haven’t vomi-oh man, just brea- just brea- ughhhh!” A large stream of foamy, black ichor came exploding out of Red’s mouth, it would have been almost comical if the group hadn’t spent the past ten minutes fighting for their lives.

Red took deep breaths and audibly counted backwards from ten, after a few tense moments Red felt better and slowly got up on shaky legs, looking at the group to make sure everyone was fine and then to Palacia, who apparently had the birdman Alex on top of him.

“What-what the hell happened, and how the hell did Alex get inside Palacia’s sphere?” Red rested both his hands on his knees as he took a few more deep breaths, he was cold, tired, and hungry and incredibly embarrassed by the fact that he had been trapped while the members of the trip had to fight to save him.

“Nobody’s dead right?” Red inspected every member standing before him, Nay, Benjie, and Kiri all looked beaten, Red was pretty sure Nay had a broken arm which caused a pang of guilt and shame to hit him right in the stomach,” Is...is everyone okay?”

The bottom of the sphere containing Alexander and the unconscious soulmancer went out, and they fell to the ground, the former on top of the latter. A wave of nausea washed over the bird, and he had seconds to stand and run to the nearest corner, before doubling over and vomiting up all the black ichor. Once it stopped, he slowly straightened, moaning softly, dreary, and shivering. He made his way back to Palacia and curled himself around him, placing his head in his feathered chest.

A beam of yellow tinted light swept across the cavern moving from one Collective member to the next, careful not to blind them.

“Ah, here you all are.” Lumeus said stepping out from the tunnel, and a torrent of fresh oxygen followed him.

“Nay, did you know your arm is fractured in three places?” Lumeus’ eyes pulsed white for a second as he numbed her nerve endings, set the bone, repaired the muscles, and realigned the tendons.

The oxygen pouring in to the cave did more to revive Nay than anything else, although she was still pretty groggy and her head was pounding. She looked numbly down at her arm and flexed it gently once the repair was complete. She hadn’t felt anything since the initial impact, most likely running on adrenaline. “Thank you, Lumeus.” She said quietly, the sincerity obvious in her tone.

The injuries sustained by Benji and Kiri were less severe, and their repairs required half the time it took to fix Nay.

“Now, where might the dragon be?”

“Maybe somewhere else. But I think the thing we just killed might happen to be the dragon. Heck, the damn thing even grew wings and dragon claws.” replied Omega L who is now helping his minion stand up. Jaervis’ wounds seem to be healed earlier than expected due to the blood in the surface of his flesh wounds freezing. “For now, we must rest.. I think.”

Lumeus seemed a bit dejected by the news, and a flurry of questions came to mind: why would a dragon need to grow wings and claws; why did they have to fight it in the first place; were they certain it was dead; was it actually a dragon or was it a different creature with wings and claws that had been mistaken for a dragon? The list went on and on.

Judging by the groups appearance, they likely didn't have answers to most of Lumeus’ questions anyway, so he decided it was better not to ask.

“That was not like any dragon I’ve ever heard of,” Nay said, as her senses began to return. “I really am sorry for bringing everyone down here!”

Red flexed and stretched, loosening up and attempting to work off the soreness he felt all over his muscles.

“Yeah, I don’t think that was a dragon, from the little I could see that...copy was just doing what I could do,” Red finished stretching and noticed a few members of the Collective staring at him,” I mean, I can turn into that demon looking thing, but I haven’t! I can fly without the use of wings if I wanted, and the whole claws, fangs look is tacky. I can kick ass as it is.”

Red went over to Benjie and Kiri, kneeling down and patting both on their head.

“You two did good.”

Benjie and Kiri leaned into to Red’s hands, perfectly happy at being petted by their captain.

“Just doing what you and Palacia would have done,” Kiri purred.

Red gave them a smirk and stood, turning back to the group.

“I..I don’t think we are done here, something trapped me and Palf, and i’m guessing we all heard him speaking-”

“Hng, hng, hng…”

“Agh, there it is again! And stop laughing with your throat, it’s so gross!” Red yelled out, turning every which way, searching for the source of the voice.

“Thiiisss Worrld willl beee miine, youuu willl beeee miiine, thisss reaaality willl be miiine.”

“The fuck we will be-” Red spotted the black mist rush at them from the corner of his eye.

It had remained near the back of the cavern, swirling and waiting, and now the voice had activated it once again.

“Not again, asshole!” Red crossed his hand in front of him into an X, forming a shield around them as the mist came crashing around them.

The mist swallowed the group, beating down on Red’s jade green force field. It licked and ate away at it, but Red opened the endless source of energy within him to keep the shield from coming down.

“Everyone, this would be a good moment to wipe the confused look from your face and get ready for whatever is coming for us-” The mist dissipated, replaced by sun rays and fresh snow.

They were outside the mine, right next to the entrance.

“What, what the hell happened?” Red wiped his eyes as they adjusted to the sudden brightness.

“Hng, hng, hng, the more you exert yourself, the more power I drink from you, little one.”

Red turned around, ready to get into a fight, but there it was...the dragon.

...And a being of what appeared to be inky black shadow. It had a head, but no features, just continually warping and shifting into different shapes, it’s arms were tendrils of smoke, it had a simple black cloak and no legs. It floated a few feet away from the group, unmoving. The giant dragon was just behind him, sleeping. The gigantic creature had veins of pulsing black web all over it, a clear sign of the corruption the shadow being was spreading.

“ I came to this reality by chance, but I have found this place to be providence. It nurtures me, feeds me, grants me gifts,” It motioned towards the dragon,” that allows me to know power beyond what I have ever imagined possible. Now it has brought you all to me, an offering so that I may grow stronger...it is truly a blessed day.”

Nay’s hand’s were trembling with the effort of trying to keep her power contained but the more the shadow thing spoke, the angrier she got. She wanted nothing more than to burn it to ashes, but without the benefit of a lack of oxygen protecting her friends, she was worried she’d injure more than her intended target.

“F-friends?” Lester whispered, still on his knees and holding his stomach. “I hope you won’t need my help, because controlling the archmage’s artifacts and keeping them in balance is… Difficult. Right now I barely control them not to rip me to shreds and I cannot take them off until I get to the Library. And that place is, again, out of my reach.” He took a deep breath and shakily stood up. “I have one last option to power up, but… I’d rather not use it. Ever, if possible.”

“Jesus, Lester, don’t say that within earshot of the big bad!”

The snow bit at his skin and he shivered from both fear and the cold, curling around the still-unconscious soulmancer to try to keep both of them warm. When he saw the grotesque shadow and dragon, the bird’s white feathers ruffled, and the only sound he could make was a fearful squawk.

Lisa looked at the shadowy presence and frowned. “I could use my powers to think him out of existence, but that’s not really a good idea because I would probably take other people with him!” she sighed. “So you just want to rule the world? Is that it? Corrupt everything? Sad excuse of an existence if you ask me.” she frowned at the shadow.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Lumeus let out a long sigh. The group had been transported elsewhere by magical means, and he had been left behind. Again.

Lumeus worked the beam of the flashlight along the cavern walls, tracing the veins of purple corruption that sprawled across the stone surface. He wondered if the blight was drawing on the geothermal energy below, or if it served some other purpose; a mere side effect of the other-worldly entity’s presence perhaps.

Lumeus unscrewed the head of the flashlight and poured the two alkaline D batteries into this hand. Supposing there was magic involved that would prevent him from affecting the veins directly, Lumeus walked over and shoved the batteries into the ichor, one end negative the other positive, to act as intermediaries, and then placed his index and middle fingers on the tips of the protruding batteries to complete the circuit. He wasn’t certain all the veins were connected to one another, but this would be better than nothing.

The amount of electricity Lumeus sent through the batteries and into the foreign substance could have powered all of Wales for a month. The power was so excessive he had to constantly repair the twin batteries to keep them from melting and exploding.

Lumeus wasn’t even certain his actions were helpful, but he thought it best not to just leave something like this to grow in the cavern.

-------------------------------------------------------------

“Yeah, man, just, like, what exactly is the plan here? You kill us? We kill you? Sic that big ass dragon on us? You put us in those fucking pods and milk our powers...that sounded wrong, anyway, are you going to talk all day, or...?”

“You,” The being pointed an ethereal finger at Red,” I have drank from you, and it was nourishing, you have given me great power.”

Red’s brow furrowed. This black gas had taken some of his own power, like the clones had been made from the stolen energy of Red and Palacia.

“Wait, does that mean you are holding my power inside you? Palacia’s power? All of their power?” Red extended his arms to include the rest of the Collective.

“I have taken nourishment from them, and I shall take more.”

“Hmm,” Red tapped his chin, thinking, planning.

Red raised a single hand into the air, extended his fingers...then closed them into a fist. The shadow being jerked forwards, letting out a small cry.

“Wha-what was that? You can cry out?” Red grinned, this thing had ruined his vacation and now it was going to pay.

“That’s always the problem with villains, you give out way too much damn information. You have my energy inside you, but it’s not part of you, is it? You lock it away, like our clones, just energy to be used up,” Red brought his hand down and the shadow being fell on the snow, withering in pain.

“What is thissss! What are you doing to meee! Aghhhhhh!”

“Jesus, you’re are loud, we should do something about that,” Red brought his hand to his chest and the being flew towards him, but before he could reach him Red punched him, hard.

“Alright everyone, this is what we call a beat down, so go wild.”

"This is for beating up everyone!" Jaervis began, forcefully sending a blizzard full with a multitude of razor-sharp, body-freezing ice shards (That's what Blizzard Skinshred is). The blizzard then slowly gets harsher towards the monster to the point that flesh can literally get ripped off if unescaped. Omega L, at the other hand, just steps forward and snaps his fingers to replace all that ice with orange cutting energy, removing the freezing capability but tripling any damage the opponents can receive.

Nay’s control finally snapped, “I’ve had enough of this shit! This is my home you’re trying to take over, and my friends you’re using to get your creepy power! You need to just fuck off!” She lifted her hands and a burst of flame shot out of her fingertips. The concentrated anger seemed to be enough to direct the flame and it arched across the field like a lightning bolt, heading straight for the shadow thing.

Red held on to the shadow being tightly as Nay’s powerful blast hit it right on its constantly shifting face. It screeched, it thrashed, it attempted to consume the energy from the blast, but it was too much, too fast.

“Fuck, fuck, this little creeper is going to pop!” Red shot his arm up, sending the being flying into the sky as it exploded in a brilliant shower of fire, ichor, and bright jade energy.

Gelatinous chunks of ichor flew down all around them, but they disintegrated into dust not long after. Red looked around, waiting to see if the creature would reappear.

“Is...is that it? I think we got em! And fuckin’ Nay with the grand slam at the end there, who knew she had it in her!” Red slapped Nay on the back, maybe a little too hard, but he didn’t notice.

Her face flushed slightly, but she was too tired to say anything so just smiled sheepishly. Her head was pounding and she swayed a little on her feet as Red slapped her back, only just managing to stay upright.

“Now what the hell do we do about this dragon?” Red cautiously walked up to the gigantic creature on his tiptoes, as if the loud explosions, cursing, and screams a mere moments ago didn't just happen.

The black ichor veins that pulsated on its body slowly began to wither and die, the black corruption on its scales faded, revealing a dazzling aqua marine. It began to move, each shake making the ground quake. It extended its claws, shook its wings, testing if it was fully in control of its body once again. Once he was satisfied with the results of his tests, the dragon turned to look at the motley crew of Collectivites.

“H-hello, d-dragon, sir,” Red gave an awkward wave as his mind tried to process the fact that real life dragon was standing before them.

“Are you the little ones that saved me? I am in your debt.” It spoke without speaking, his powerful voice could only be heard in their minds.

“I crashed landed here long ago, in an attempt to recover, I went into a deep sleep. Unfortunately for I and the people of this place, that being discovered me in my deep slumber. It corrupted my being with its unnatural powers, using my energy as a conduit for its dark schemes. With me under his influence it managed to control the very minds of the people here, bringing them into the cave and turning them into unspeakable monstrosities.”

“That explains a lot,” Benjie said, nodding his head in agreement to his own comment.

“It does indeed little one, I...I am back to my old self and it is time I return home, that creature was not of this reality or any known reality, I must investigate this further, so long, and good luck.”

The air around the dragon twisted and warped as a tear in reality opened. On the other side one could see giant towers of intricate designs with hundreds of dragons flying around them.

“Bye, mr. dragon!” Alexander called with a wave while watching the gigantic lizard disappear into the portal. “And, thanks!”

“Thanks for what, it didn’t do anything, hell, if it hadn’t crash landed here we wouldn’t have gone through this whole mess,” Red whispered to Alexander as the dragon walked through the portal, its heavy footsteps shaking the ground around them.

Alexander bowed his head shyly. “Um...the explanation.”

Lester, once again in his usual, brown Librarian robes, frowned a bit. “Something doesn’t add up here. How could he have ‘crash landed’ in this reality if his inter-dimensional travel seems to be based on the instantaneous portals? That and, while I do not know much about dragons, I know for a fact that usually when a dragon hibernates, it’s nearly impossible to find, unless you actively seek it.”

Nay stared fascinated at the land of the dragons making a mental note to try and visit one day. Once the portal closed back up she turned her attention back to the others, “Maybe he was intending to travel elsewhere but he was tired and miscalculated? I also wouldn’t put it past that, that… thing to have been seeking out a dragon.”

She swayed again and clutched at her head. Now that the adrenaline from the fight was leaving her body she felt drained and the pounding in her head was just getting worse. She looked around at everyone else, they all seemed worse for wear. “Maybe we should head back to the ship and head towards our next destination?” She asked quietly.

Lumeus emerged from the mine sans flashlight. A quick inspection of the group's vitals told him there had been more fighting.

“So, what did I miss? Was it the dragon?”

Omega L casually replied "Yeah. Pretty nice dragon. It's the black thing that needs a beat-up. Also, the dragon went to some sort of dragon-land.", shrugging as he said the last sentence.

“Ah, I see. Disappointing, but probably for the best that we did not meet,” Lumeus conceded.

“Excellently put, Omegle,” Red patted Omega L on his shoulder as he walked towards the center of the group.

He replied back to the mispronunciation-added compliment with “Thanks. And it ends with an ‘A’, not an ‘L.E.’” before a comfortable spot within the group together with his unnoticed minion.

“Alright, everyone, I think that does it for Wales, we came, we shopped, we got beat up, and we killed three living creatures. If that’s not the start to a great road trip, I don’t know what is!” Red chuckled to himself as he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out one bud of grenwurm, tossing it into his mouth and masticating.

“Let’s get the fuck out of here, everyone in the car!”

Quaking, legs and feet numbed by the cold, the birdman slowly stood, struggling to lift Palacia. Once he was halfway up, the man cradled to his chest, Alexander blundered forward, panting, “W-W-We’re c-c-c-coming!”

Energy flared out from Palf, minor with little potential to cause harm but enough to be felt. Earlier, much much earlier in the fight Palf had overloaded his own soul vessel with what he’d thought to have been enough energy to shatter the imprisoning sphere. And to be fair the energy released would have probably been equivalent to Tsar Bomba. Though that clearly hadn’t worked, instead it created a feedback loop. Bathing Palacia in raw chaotic energy, and even for Palf in his far ascended state it was too much. Damaging and rendering him completely unconscious, but now his body had healed and his mind was ready to awaken.

Feather, he felt feathers, strange. At about this point he realized he was being carried, his body reacted faster than his mind could process. His body twisted with a sudden surge of strength carrying him out of Alexander’s arms and on to the ground, eyes flashing. Tapping into the Arc Animus several crystalline soldiers formed around Palf interlocked tower shields now obscuring Palf. Giving him the time to process everything, his first thought was to locate Red, then to locate Kiri, then Benjie, and then finally the other collectivites.

He breathed a sigh of relief realizing his reaction was unnecessary, releasing his bound golems they slowly dissipated into showers of glimmering shards. “Oh, okay, cool, problems have been solved. Dope… Red, who’s the chicken man, and why was he carrying me. And goddamn I need some Grenwurm. What the fuck is this day.” His voice reflecting the chaos within his mind.

Alexander screeched When Palacia flew out of his arms and the crystalene soldiers appeared, then disappeared. He jumped back, white plumage flying in all directions. Raising his thin arms in a peacemaking gesture, he cried, “Whoa, whoa, whoa, easy there, buddy! I won’t hurt you!”

Palf’s eyes traced the avian creature, “Right,” He reached into one of his pouches and pulled out some Grenwurm. The adrenaline fading from his body, the dull aches, sores, and fatigue taking effect.

“I’m being serious! I’m one of them!” the bird pleaded, taking another step backward.

Palf’s face puzzles for a moment, “What are you doing birdman, I think we’ve already established I’m not going to hurt you. Anyway, let's head out.” Palf shook his head and followed Red upwards and out of the now very dull and boring mine.

“It just seemed you didn’t believe me,” the bird went on, walking beside the soulmancer.

Red took the driver’s seat, started the car, and then pealed out of the dirt road, heading towards his ship with a very tired group of Collectivites.

Sea Lion224
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Sea Lion224 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:23 am

Alexander felt immense relief as the car drove away from the mine. He stared out the window, blue eyes wide with fascination at the white blanket of snow covering the ground. As beautiful as this place was, the birdman couldn't wait to get back to the ship.
Last edited by Sea Lion224 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Legion_Ex
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The_Legion_Ex » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:23 pm

Omega L rushed towards the car, the minion also limping from behind and climbing on the ice-chair in a nicely tired fashion to take a seat before the car went running. As the car began, the two enjoyed their respective rests and the views of the now-calm atmosphere of the outside. Omega L remained silent for a while before beginning to speak something to Red, the statement being "Hey, where are we going next after this? I prefer not seeing those ugly things one more time." . Jaervis silently replied with a nod, showing that he also disgusts the things. While waiting for the reply, Omega L brushes his hair towards the right slowly to tend with his looks a little bit while the underling makes a small randomized figurine made of ice.

Dionysus [Rick]
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Dionysus [Rick] » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:10 am

“Well, Omega, I’m not sure, but this kid we picked up might have an interesting place for us to check out,” Red turned to look at Oliver who was sitting in the back of the car,” Listen kid, we are going back to my ship, you said you wanted to come along, so here you go, your reward for helping us out.”

Red drove for about thirty minutes before arriving to the giant dentist office Crimson was currently hiding as. There were few people walking around, looks of confusion and mild fear on their faces, probably the after effects from being released of the shadow creature’s mind control. Normally Red would wait until all the regular humans were gone, but he was in a hurry and didn’t want to bother being sneaky, so he deactivated Crimson’s holographic disguise and lowered the ramp so he could drive up and into the ship. A few Welsh citizens screamed in horror as Crimson appeared suddenly before them, but Red felt they would get over it. He was sure the weeks that had gone by while under mind control would probably be their main focus for a long time. The ship would be the least of their worries.
“Alright gang, we are back!” Red turned off the car and stepped out the vehicle, slamming the door shut and indicating for everyone to get out.

“Benjie, these people are tired and hungry, go heat up those piles of meat so they can eat something.”

“Okay!” Benjie and Kiri quickly jumped out of Palacia’s lap and headed towards the kitchen of the ship with pep in their step.

“You guys get yourselves cleaned up, every room should have a shower…Crimson…Crimson!”

“Whaaaaat.”

“Does every room have a shower?”

“No.”

“No?”

“No.”

“What do you mean no?”
“No as in not every room has a shower.”

“Why is that? I told you to put a bathroom in every personal room.”

“I know. I did.”

“….”

“You said every room, I didn’t put a bathroom in the kitchen, I didn’t put a bathroom in the bridge, I didn’t put a bathroom in the armory, I didn’t-“

“Fuck you, Crimson, god damn it, why do you always have to – whatever, nevermind, I’m not doing this right now, I’m going to go take a shower and try to forget I had black sludge in my mouth, see ya in an hour everyone,” Red waved off the group and walked out of the hangar and towards his personal quarters, which did have a bathroom.

Sea Lion224
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Sea Lion224 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:31 am

Alexander flew sloppily around the ships's main area, emitting ecstatic squawks, molt hovering to the floor, some onto the others. That nightmare was finally over! The bird sang, "Freedom, freedom!"

JDizzle383
Scrub
Scrub

Post by JDizzle383 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:19 am

Oliver, who had been silent after they all got into the car-Now back to hiding Lisa under his hat- smiled and nodded at Red's words. when they reached the Crimson, He marveled at the technology. "If you'll excuse me I believe I need a shower as well." He said. Walking to one of the vacant rooms, he snapped and there was now a sign on the door that said, "Enter at the expense of your sanity."

Before showering, He unloaded a pack he had been carrying. "just 9 grams of 24 karat uncut diamond... man... stealing from that mine was more trouble than it's worth." he said, as he put a small amount of random trinkets out on a desk, he asked Lisa, "Any luck?"

"With the-" Lisa started before she was interrupted.

"Yes. What else would I be talking about? Your period?" Oliver smirked. He once again couldn't abstain from joking around, despite them being alone.

"Oh Ha ha! very funny. And no, all I get is the same message." Lisa answered him.

"Well no need to worry right now, we'll tell Red when we get a chance." Oliver said tiredly before stepping into the shower.

Thirty-two minutes later, Lisa emerged from Oliver's room(if anyone was in the hall they would wonder what a girl was doing coming from Oliver's room and why she looked like she just took a shower) and went to find Benjie. Without thinking about whether or not he would care, she walked up behind him and started petting him like an earth dog. "I always wanted to have a pet!" she said, seeming to be in her own little world.

Sea Lion224
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Sea Lion224 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:04 am

Alexander flew about the ship, checking everything out, nearly knocking over a shelf in the process. He just finished showering and was exploring the huge vessel to kill time. Rounding a corner, the large avian failed to notice the young woman coming from one of the rooms and collided into her.

The_Legion_Ex
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The_Legion_Ex » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:38 am

Omega L and Jaervis went out of the snow-car, Jaervis snapping his fingers to make the ice-chair disintegrate as he follows behind. The two manage to reach their own room and open the door, ready to enter it. Jaervis watched as some of the others manage to get ahead of them before following Omega L.

"Well, looks like I need a rest. I'd chill out in the base. Thank's for bringing me first among the rest." started the cryomancer.

"No problem. I just think that you might need a bit more fame. Afterall, you need to have a higher sense of individuality. Also, thanks for helping me."

"No probs. Afterall, that is what we must do, helping good leaders."

"Anyways, I need your Assist Summon Device now. Please hand it before going."

"Yes. Thanks for reminding." Jaervis said as he handed his ASD before bidding his boss a farewell, also telling him to tell others his own farewell. After that, he set up his device, threw it on the floor to activate it and stepped into the created portal before it closes. Jaervis is no longer present on the ship from this point, now resting at his base with all the other friends there. Who knows what will be at Omega's side when Crimson lands into their next destination. For now, he walks out of the room to see the bird-thing colliding with a woman emerging from a room supposedly for someone named "Oliver". "It really is hard to find women with masculine names" Omega L thought to himself without knowing that her name is Lisa.

Palacia
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Vampire

Post by Palacia » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:47 pm

Palf was whooped, he hadn’t felt this tired in a long long time. Whatever had hit him and Rick was unexpected and fairly powerful. He felt a touch stupid for falling into such a simple trap, ignoring the multitudes of voices in his mind attempting to ward him away. As always he was a stubborn one, and fell prey to the strange curiosity that’d sparked in his mind. He shrugged, the motion slightly disturbing Kiri who was resting peacefully on his lap.

The drive didn’t last too long before the reached crimson and Palf sighed in relief, exchanging a tired glance with Rick before hopping out of the car. He needed a nap and a good long soak in the energies of the Animus. He somewhat limped half gimped his way up onto the ship before seeking out the cockpit of the ship.

“Crimson, honey, sweety, kindest AI overlordess I know, tell Rick to grab the orb when the teams ready to move on to the next location.”

A moment of silence. . . . “Sure.”

It was oddly uncharacteristic of Crimson to act so friendly, but perhaps she sense the state Palf was in. Or perhaps she just didn’t care, and “sure” was the most simplistic answer she could think of. Palf will never know.

He took out the orb and set it down on the empty chair, tapping into the orb natural energies he hamorized and was pulled within. The massive spherical sapphire hued with slight amethyst colorations construction that existed within its own pocket dimension greeted him.

Controlling the flow of energies around him he merged with the ship and landed gently inside. “ Sugi, open up the bath, I need a good long soak.”

The ship responded and slowly, but surely the interior rooms morphed and shifted into that of a large bathhouse, filling up the pool with a translucent purple hued liquid. Palf undressed and stepped in, submerging himself almost completely into the hot liquid.
Image All credit to Forge, amazing work

Dionysus [Rick]
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Dionysus [Rick] » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:09 am

Red rested his head on a fluffy pillow, his left hand running his fingers through the hot bath he had prepared for himself. The lights were low, slow jazz music played through the speakers built into the bathroom, and Benjie scrubbed his feet.

“You know, Bengino, this whole thing is not going the way I wanted it to be going,” Red said as he dipped one foot under the water and brought the other one up for scrubbing.

“Yeah, I know, it was so scary down there...for them! I wasn’t scared, just worried!” Benjie nodded as he took Red’s right foot and began to scrub away.

Red groaned, he had put so many of the Collectivities in danger, but not a single one of them had complained or requested to go back to the Ark. They were strong, resilient, and driven. Even sweet Alexander, who wasn’t anywhere near the power level as the rest of them, bravely tried to break Palacia free in the middle of all that chaos. What could Red do here? Apologize? No, that wasn’t his style, he just wouldn’t mention it, from the looks of it they were all ready to move on and continue the road trip.

“Did you get all the food set up before the bath? I want it ready by the time we gather them up.”

“Yup, yup! Kiri should be finishing everything up, should I go gather them?” Benjie’s ears perked up, he liked having little tasks to keep busy, otherwise the pup would start to destroy the ship with his little games.

Once after a night at a casino world, Red walked into Crimson to find the entire ship covered in blue paint, with Benjie and Kiri perfectly clean, sleeping in their room. It had taken months to get the whole place cleaned up, both had “forgotten” how it had happened, and Crimson refused to let Red see the security footage, claiming those files had been corrupted during the makeover.

“Yeah, go tell them to gather in the lounge so we can discuss our next move.”

Benjie threw the brush on the floor and shot off leaving the door to his bathroom open, as well as the door to his room.

“God damn it…guess I’m done now,” Red stood from his bath and dried himself off, putting on a simple grey long sleeve shirt and black jeans, deciding to head to the lounge shoeless.

“Red,” Crimson’s voice echoed through the hallway.

“Huh, what, Crimson?”

“No, it’s god, I have come to judge you.”

“What..what do you want, Crim?”

….Palf wants you to pick up his tennis ball that he left in the cockpit, think he went inside it again to have a cry.”

“Fine, I’ll go get it.”
Red walked into the lounge with Palacia’s orb in one hand, the room was empty and no one had arrived yet so he took a seat on his personal lounge chair. Kiri came in from the other side of the room, followed by one of Crimson’s servo bots, both carrying large trays of food that they placed on a table in the middle of the room. Steaming meats, cheeses, roasted vegetables with sides of goat cheese, hummus, salsas, and loaves of fresh breads all laid on the table now. Red wasn’t particularly hungry, so he just got a few sausages, slices of bread, and one whole steamed potato to snack on while the others arrived.

Sea Lion224
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Sea Lion224 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:21 am

When the smell of food reached his nostrils, the white birdman flapped to the lounge, nearly slamming into a window on the way. He stared wide-eyed down at the huge assortment of food on the table. He crashed on top of it, face inches away from a bowl of ground beef. Rising into the air, he flew about in search of a place to sit, but he nosedived, landing on top of Kiri with an alarmed crow.

JDizzle383
Scrub
Scrub

Post by JDizzle383 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:36 am

=Joint post between JDizzle and Rick= Benjie carefully grabbed Lisa’s hand and moved it away from his head.

“Eh, i’m no ones pet, okay? Red said so, i’m co-pilot of the Crimson, so if you want a pet, get a hamster,” Benjie snapped his fingers at Lisa before re-adjusting himself,” Now, Red wants to see you at the ship lounge room...and where is the other guy? Are you a shapeshifter? Red doesn’t like those, causes too many problems, he says,” Benjie crossed his arms like a disappointed parent and gave Lisa a hard look.

Lisa pouted and crossed her arms, “But I always wanted a puppy!” she said, before hearing a muffled, “You heard what the dog man said, Lisa.” from under her hat. She sighed, “Fine, but I still want to pet him again later.” she finished before making her way to the lounge, but not before turning to wink at the dog man and saying “See you later Benjinator!”

Benjie couldn’t help but tho smirk at the Benjinator moniker, Terminator was one of his favorite movies.

“I don’t mind being petted, but i’m no ones pet!” Benjie called out before he turned around and went to go look for the rest of the Collectivites.