Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.

Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Interest in a Film Club

Where members can gather to discuss TV and film, past and present!
Rick
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Pirate

Interest in a Film Club

Post by Rick » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:38 am

The Film Club – think book club, but for films – is a new project I’m trying to get off the ground where we, the forum members, watch a movie a week, maybe bi-weekly, and then discuss it.

Here at the forum we have a spectrum of personalities, likes and dislikes, ideals, and beliefs that would make discussing a film as a group fun but also an intellectual experience where we can see the perspective of someone else who doesn’t exactly think along the lines we do, opening us up to a whole new angle we hadn’t thought about on any given film. Or just talk about how you liked the explosions in 3 Fast 3 Furious: Gotta go fast.

So my proposal is to pick a film on a weekly basis, maybe bi-weekly, everyone watch it on their own time, and then we meet back here to discuss it. What we liked, what we didn’t like, what did he mean by rosebud, all that good stuff that makes an intellectual discussion fun and exciting. Of course, we would have to pick films that are readily available and everyone could watch, from Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, or older films already in the public domain, which holds quite a lot of classic gems. Maybe on special occasions we could pick one in theaters to go see and discuss.

So anyone interested in something like that?

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator
Class: Adventurer

Re: Interest in a Film Club

Post by Sammy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:43 am

I would definitely be up for that. :smile:

Guessing UK'ers will be in the minority so will be a bit dependent on what's available on the UK equivalents of streaming sites but I'll definitely get involved when you're discussing films I can get easy access to. :smile:
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Forge
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Warrior

Post by Forge » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:50 am

Same here. Definitely depends on what's obtainable over here.
Remember to vote for RPGC!

Sammy
Navigator
Navigator
Class: Adventurer

Post by Sammy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:17 am

Amazed there aren't more people up for some film-themed debate!

*Pokes the forum*
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Fireynay
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Werebeast

Post by Fireynay » Wed May 03, 2017 1:08 am

I'm up for this. I think I need to expand my horizons beyond Romcoms, Disney and currently most children's movies! I'd be restricted to whatever is available in the UK too though but I have access to most paid streaming suppliers, I just need to learn to take more advantage of them.
Thank you Forge for the amazing set!

Rick
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Pirate

Post by Rick » Sat May 06, 2017 4:09 am

Alright, right on, NayNay, welcome! Hopefully we can get a few more people in here to get this bad boy started.