Let the GAMES begin!

High-ku Jump - Deadline: 18th July
Synchronised Swimming - Deadline: 4th August
The Marathon - Deadline: 31st August

Event Info and Schedule
The Sign Up Thread
Medal Tables and Leaderboard

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

[IC] The Sea Goddess [Tavern RP - Always Open]

The realms with realistic settings lacking the influence of magic and having technology more in line with our own world based on the time period. The worlds themselves may still be fictional or exist on an alternate timeline. Examples: Fight Club, Lord of the Flies, Breaking Bad.

Moderators: Dionysus [Rick], Athena [Georgeanna]

Hera [Sammy]
Navigator
Navigator
Class: Adventurer

Re: [IC] The Sea Goddess [Tavern RP - Always Open]

Post by Hera [Sammy] » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:16 pm

BrookeDi wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:02 am
"That sounds grand and I can't thank you enough." Having somewhere to operate from while she figured out how to get her ship and sister back. Em allowed a small measure of sentimentality to show as she hugged her old mentor once more. "Right, so where do I start?" The musician had, thankfully, stopped playing the violin, so things were already looking up! And quite a few people had shown up while Em had been hogging the Sea Goddess's owner. "Take some orders?" She suggested.
"A good a place to start as any," Merry replied, glancing at the steadily filling tavern and sparing little more than a glance at the commotion coming from outside. It appeared that fights weren't exactly noteworthy in these parts and, so long as it stayed outside and didn't mess too much with incoming custom, the former Captain seemed unperturbed. "Can you take orders from folk at the tables for me an' collect empty glasses? I best start tackling that crowd at the bar." She gave the young woman's arm a final squeeze and smiled. "Mighty glad to see you, Em," she added as she headed back toward the bar, punters moving instinctively to shift out of her way.
Georgeanna wrote:
Lavorther wrote:
PurpleShadows wrote:
Saffron wrote:
Gamerscribe wrote:
Slipping behind the bar, Merry fixed the assortment of customers with a wide smile and began lining up a row of mismatched tankards, glasses and cups. They had barely opened and she could already see strangers becoming less strange and, apparently, the dreadful musician having fortuitously abandoned his instrument in favour of a drink or two.

"Sorry for the delay, ladies and gents. Bit short staffed but help is on the way. Who's first and what can I getcha?"
Please remember to vote here everyday!

Athena [Georgeanna]
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Thief

Post by Athena [Georgeanna] » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:46 am

Lavorther wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:33 pm
"I bet you got stories for days."
Rafferty split a grin, "Aye, I do. Maybe I could tell ya some of them, but y'ed have to buy me a pint. Only a fittin' payment for such qua-li-tay entertainment, me lad."

Turning back to the lady, Raff listened to her with concern beginning to work its way across his features.
PurpleShadows wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:14 pm
"You heard of Captain Peters? One leg, got a wooden thing. Cat always hangin' around him. Big calico tom."
"Miss, I ain't in the business of takin' a locket from a lady such as yerself. Don't concern yerself over me. As for this English chap, I'll keep him in line for ya," he said with a kind smile. "I can't say I've 'eard of him, though that surprises me. I know just about every ol' sea dog out there."

Noticing that there was a nice glass of ale waiting for him, he picked it up and brought it to his lips. "Why're you looking for him?"

BrookeDi
Member of the Month
Member of the Month
Class: Rogue

Post by BrookeDi » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:59 pm

Of all the places she could have ended up, she was glad it was here. Emmeline only hoped that Elliot had ended up somewhere just as safe. Not one to be too sentimental she merely returned the gesture with a smile and, grateful for something to do, she headed over to the first table. "What can I get for ya?" She asked, eyeing the curly red-haired woman. Em hadn't missed her coming in as the sounds of chaos could be heard in the hall.

It occurred to the blonde that she didn't know exactly what it was they served and how much it would cost, but she could estimate having paid for enough drinks herself.

I pledge for Zeus
Photo by David Moum on Unsplash

PurpleShadows
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Mage

Post by PurpleShadows » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:03 am

Lydia looked away. It was too early in the morning for this. Maybe she'd be better off coming at night, when everyone was drunk. The problem with that was getting into fights, and being a young woman on her own. Lydia sighed and turned back to the men she was talking to.

"He's missing," She said. "Six weeks now. He had... Enemies." Lydia signaled to the bar staff for a drink.

It had happened in the morning. That was why Lydia couldn't let go of the idea that she would find him in the morning. Stupid, illogical, but grief and fear did that to you. "I woke up and he was gone. There was blood but not much. Cat's gone too. Cat don't go anywhere without my da - Without his master."
Georgeanna wrote:
ImageImageImage
:redbullet: :orangebullet: :yellowbullet: :greenbullet: :bluebullet: :pinkbullet: :purplebullet:

Glassdoor
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Necromancer

Post by Glassdoor » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:59 pm

Drenn opened his eyes, looked around him and frowned. There weren't that many people in the tavern a moment before, were there? He looked at the filled mug of already warm ale right in front of him and frowned even more. He must have fallen asleep again. While it wouldn't be quite surprising for someone who spent an entire day and a half on a piece of drifting wood, desperately trying to reach any shore, he’s been passing out at random intervals ever since he got hit on the head with an iron bar during one of many tavern brawls he took part in.

Even though it was lukewarm, the ale was still delicious and Drenn was drinking it very slowly, knowing he won’t be able to afford another pint. He tried to ignore the unwelcoming stares of the other patrons, most of them focusing on the dark blue coat of the sea navy. Drenn couldn’t muster any strength to try and explain how he acquired the attire, though the tale, at least by his standards, was actually very interesting. He started playing around with one of the daggers, trying to replicate one of the tricks his cellmate has once shown him. After a couple of tries and a small cut Drenn gave up. He needed at least three of his fingers attached to his right hand to be able to operate a pistol, and any further tries could reduce the amount. Instead, he started looking with newfound interest at the patrons around him. Perhaps one of them could help him get out of the money-less situation he got himself in. Perhaps even get him on a ship. From there, only a successful mutiny would be required to once again start mapping the Archipelagos and looting any ship he could find. Drenn smiled to his memories and focused on the nearby group, clearly deep into a conversation. He said nothing, though, simply observing and weighing his options. He was certain the right moment shall arrive soon.

GamerScribe
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by GamerScribe » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:40 am

Sammy wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:16 pm
"Sorry for the delay, ladies and gents. Bit short staffed but help is on the way. Who's first and what can I getcha?"
"Brandy if you have it, beer if you don't." Alex said simply, scooting a few coins across the bartop and keeping one finger on them as he looked about to make certain he wasn't about to be pulled into whatever had been happening outside. Measuring the calm he sniffed and released the money, deciding things seemed well enough he could enjoy his drink in relative peace. That was the trouble with buying a drink when a big fight happened; you'd only rarely get to finish it, and your coin would still be gone if you gave a good barkeep a second.

Still; he listened in on those seated somewhat near to him with a keen and critical ear, not wanting to be waylaid mid-sip for having allowed his attentions to falter. The company kept in the Sea Goddess' embrace was mixed. Musicians, pirates, laborers and nobodies seemed to falter in in fits and starts and with just enough sense in their heads to allow him to deem it worthy to stay.

"Mindless..." He muttered under his breath in regards to the grouping nearest. Only makes folk take keener notice of a bauble to flutter at it's mention."
Image Signature by Sammy, Team Zeus Icon by Forge, Avatar by MiseryGK

PurpleShadows
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by PurpleShadows » Fri May 11, 2018 5:40 am

Lydia turned away from the conversation. The tears were beginning to well up and there was no way she was going to let an inn full of pirate's and whores see her cry.

"An ale, please," She said, sliding coin across the bar. "You know a Captain Peters?" Her story was out now, she might as well ask. "One leg. Cat. Big ugly calico thing."
ImageImageImage
:redbullet: :orangebullet: :yellowbullet: :greenbullet: :bluebullet: :pinkbullet: :purplebullet:

Hera [Sammy]
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Hera [Sammy] » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:57 pm

GamerScribe wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:40 am
"Brandy if you have it, beer if you don't." Alex said simply, scooting a few coins across the bartop and keeping one finger on them as he looked about to make certain he wasn't about to be pulled into whatever had been happening outside. Measuring the calm he sniffed and released the money, deciding things seemed well enough he could enjoy his drink in relative peace. That was the trouble with buying a drink when a big fight happened; you'd only rarely get to finish it, and your coin would still be gone if you gave a good barkeep a second.
Merry nodded, following the man's gaze back toward the commotion outside and offered him an otherwise unconcerned shrug. "Happens," she smiled as she grabbed a glass tumbler, her voice just loud enough to carry over the din of the bar, "If it looks to spill inside or damage business, my guys'll put an end to it but usually better t'let 'em get it out their systems." She poured the man a more than generous measure of brandy and took just two of the three coins he'd placed on the bar top, something of an unspoken apology for the wait. "Looks like you've already had a taste of pain t'day yourself."
PurpleShadows wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:40 am
"An ale, please," She said, sliding coin across the bar. "You know a Captain Peters?" Her story was out now, she might as well ask. "One leg. Cat. Big ugly calico thing."
"Captain Peters," Merry's brow creased in a thoughtful frown as her hands move almost of their own accord to pour the young woman's ale. She placed the drink in front of her and lent against the bar, staring in the middle distance for a long moment before she finally returned her attention to the conversation, frowning as though at a memory she couldn't quite grasp. "Rings somethin' of a bell. Captain with an ugly cat. Someone lookin' for him?"

PurpleShadows
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by PurpleShadows » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:24 am

Lydia downed the ale like she was dying of thirst. "Cheers, I needed that." She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and resisted the impulse to grab her necklace again. "His daughter might've been asking around. He ain't been seen, y'know. Even she can't find him." Lydia's heart fluttered. "You know him?" Her eyes brightened. "No one else here does." She checked herself. "Said I'd find him. For his daughter," At this rate I'd even be happy to see the keelhauling cat, she thought.
ImageImageImage

Hera [Sammy]
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Hera [Sammy] » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:31 am

PurpleShadows wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:24 am
Lydia downed the ale like she was dying of thirst. "Cheers, I needed that." She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and resisted the impulse to grab her necklace again. "His daughter might've been asking around. He ain't been seen, y'know. Even she can't find him." Lydia's heart fluttered. "You know him?" Her eyes brightened. "No one else here does." She checked herself. "Said I'd find him. For his daughter," At this rate I'd even be happy to see the keelhauling cat, she thought.
"Peters," Merry snapped her fingers and turned back to Lydia, look mightily pleased with herself. Aye I know him, rinsed him at cards once o' twice, took it better 'an most. Fair Captain all round by my rememberin'," she nodded, thoughtfully, dark eyes scanning Lydia's features. "Bloody ugly giant of a cat though, yer right," she paused, frowning just a little. "You look a bit like 'im, y'know. Peters that is, not the great, ugly moggy," she smirked, crossing her arms across the chest. "When y'say you're looking for 'im for his daughter..." She drew off, giving the girl the chance to be honest, or not. Merry knew that some folk liked to keep their secrets secret.

"Either way," the once-Captain continued. "If he's missin' someone will know the what an' where o' it. Leave it with me, I'll see what I can dig up for ya."