Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.

Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

A Wistful Day Continues (1x1)

Roleplays consisting of only 2-3 members can be posted here.

Moderator: Forge

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Mage

Re: A Wistful Day Continues (1x1)

Post by Madrigal » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:32 pm

"You got it tiger."

She gave a wink before running the card through the reader. A moment or two later, she handed Sera the card back. And then passed a small bag over to her. It was made of leather, with a drawstring and a six-sided diamond on the front. No, it wasn't a diamond. A nerd of Sera or Brennis's caliber would recognize it instantly as a rupee. Seg leaned on her arms over the counter, again giving the two an unintended glimpse of her cleavage. Though Brennis was far too interested in making sure Sera's kiss was where she left it on his cheek to notice. Seg smiled before speaking.

"Normally a bag like that would run you $11.99, but you two are too cute for your own good. Most of our regulars use that to hold onto their coins. Your coins are in the rupee bag there..." She leaned in closely, and with a conspiratory glance to either side and one raised hand she whispered to Sera. "If you two want a moment to yourselves...the Silent Hill arcade's the perfect place to practice 'French'."

She leaned back over the counter, raising her arms and smiling. Sera might guess from her stance and excitement that Seg was the one about to spend the afternoon gaming. "Have fun!"

As she turned, Sera would find Brennis staring with wide eyes at her new Rupee Bag. He was bent forward to give him a better view of the leather and linen satchel. Brennis quickly backed away as she turned to him, his cheeks glowing bright red as he realized he was face to face with the first girl to ever kiss his cheek. He turned away, eyes falling downwards as his shifting mouth moved wordlessly. Eventually, he seemed to lose even the strength to do that, before going quiet.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Paladin

Post by Ninmast » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:12 am

"Ooooh," Sera cooed, suitably impressed with the coin purse as she turned it over in her hands. "Look, Brennis! It's an actual Rupee bag!"

She missed Brennis being all embarrassed and cute because she had turned back toward Seg about the French stuff. "Hmm? Oh, multilingual gaming, that's cool. But I'm already fluent, and nobody speaks it where Bren is from. Thanks, though!" She gave a wave and started leading Brennis away. "C'mon, let's get to playing!"

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:55 am

Brennis nodded, doing his best to avoid Sera's line of sight meeting his face. He followed after her, his soft shoes padding against the carpetted floor. Seg watched the two go with a smile, her arms crossed as she leaned over the counter. She rose, shaking her head as she returned to her work. Brennis meanwhile followed just behind Sera, gazing from one line of games to the other, wondering why there were so many interested in gaming here. He didn't see even one holo-projector! Much less a Virtual Intelligence machine. He was jerked from his thoughts by the jingling of the rupee bag tied on his wrist. His eyes rose, passing a strange looking game--Poly-something--to another cabinet. An impressive looking machine, its logo flashing to read 'Dragon's Lair'.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:05 pm

"Ooh, something catch your eye, Bren?" Sera noticed when he paused, and followed it to the machine. "Ooh, that's a real classic. You wanna try it?"

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:53 pm

"Ah...I-I guess."

Brennis said, turning to Sera with a look of embarrassment on his face. The arcade itself was unusual to him. Of course he had heard plenty of stories about knights and dragons on Aelfenheim. The art style the cabinet used however was alien to him. Cartoons along with other forms of movies and television had been outlawed for centuries in Aelfenheim, save during grand presentations to showcase historical moments of Aelfenheim's past. Holo-games were seen as a way to sharpen the mind of those who played them; while television was trash meant to lull one into complacency. At least, that's how his instructor had described them. Though the real reason why he had been drawn to the cabinet was not the game itself, nor the cartoon that seemed to be its focus, but the princess of the story. A beautiful blonde, dressed in a strange robe that glistened like stars. He wondered why the front of her robe was so exposed...perhaps she hadn't been properly fitted for it? That could happen, if she had been kept here for a long time. It would look very pretty on Sera as well...he would have to ask her to wear something like that someday. Though talking her into wearing a front like that might be a challenge...

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:39 pm

Sera was ushering him over to the cabinet as he was lost in thought. "I always enjoyed it. For Halloween one year, I got a replica of the princess' robes made to wear as my costume. I've still got it in a closet somewhere." She was fishing out a coin from her satchel, then slipped it into the slot. "Go for it! Let's see how you do!"

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:33 am

"Whaat? I--"

Brennis's attempts at a protest were cut short as the screen flashed, transitioning smoothly to the opening. Overhead, a second screen came to life, imitating the first. This had to have been an original cabinet. While Dragon's Lair likely had quite the allure back in the 80s, it was doubtful crowds of eager schoolchildren would be crowding around the two to watch her Bren-Bren play. The game opened on a black fortress on a hill, the surrounding countryside wreathed in thorny vegetation. The camera zoomed in onto the castle, eventually highlighting the figure of a man in armor walking decisively towards the castle gate. Brennis's small hands gently extended, taking hold of the controls. The drawbridge gave way under the man's weight, making the young princeling squeak and jump in surprise. Fortunately, their hero managed to grab the bridge in time. But he wasn't out of danger yet. Four tentacles emerged from the moat, chittering to themselves as they raised towards the seemingly helpless knight. By now, Brennis's eyes were quite wide. It was clear he was ready to play. Then, the four tentacles rose, wrapped themselves around the hero, and pulled him down into the moat. Brennis, stared at the screen for a couple seconds more, before he spoke.

"...When does the game begin?"

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:04 am

Sera grinned at the question. "It did. You just lost." Her eyes flitted to his face to gauge his reaction.

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:24 am

Brennis was quiet for a long moment. He showed no sign of rage or disappointment, just staring at the screen as if still waiting for the game to start. The look on his face was oddly amusing. Had she found him with that look on the face, Sera might have been concerned he had just survived a bomb blast or a kidnapping, but the glimmering light against his face only served to highlight the look of adorable confusion on his face. "But...the intro cinematic didn't finish. I couldn't even move..."

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:50 am

Sera couldn't resist, she wrapped her arms around him from the side and squeezed him in a hug - though perfectly precise as to not go hard enough to hurt him. "Then I'd better never introduce you to Telltale games. They're one long cinematic that you have to hit the right button at the right time for. In fact, that's actually a pretty good comparison for this game."

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:40 pm

Brennis's body tensed as Sera's arms wrapped around him. His body was stiff, his muscles uncertain. Oh it wasn't because the hug was unwanted--quite the contrary. The feeling of Sera holding him close was one he had rarely experienced, but often fantasized about. But it was an experience he was thoroughly unprepared for. What was he to do? Should he lean into the hug? Try to return it? Just enjoy it? Even as these thoughts raced through his head, he felt his face slowly growing hot from all the blood rushing to it.

"T-Telltale doesn't sound like a good game company." He managed, scrambling for *something* to say to lessen the tension in the air, and indeed his very muscles. His eyes alighted on Sera's face. He was close to her. He could feel her arms around him. This...this might be his first and only chance. Ever since he had seen Sera alive and well, his mind was haunted by one thought. That this might well be his last chance to tell her how he felt. This was it. He had to do it. He closed his eyes, leaned in, and tried to kiss her.

His mind had often fixated on what it would be like to kiss the Mother Unit who seemed to take such an interest in him. Thoughts of feeling light as a feather, electricity coursing through him or his body going numb had all occurred to him from time to time. But he had never managed to kiss her before. He may well have made it this time, were it not for a particularly rotund patron of the arcade who chose this moment to try and squeeze past the two. The sudden figure pushing the two from behind sent Brennis off course as he felt the dashboard of the arcade brush against his front. The figure lumbered by, managing a quick but heartfelt 'sorry' as he made his way to the front desk. It was a moment before Brennis straightened. He tried to meet Sera's eyes, but couldn't quite manage it. "L-let's play something else..."

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:21 pm

"Sure!" If she were aware of the awkwardness, one couldn't tell, she certainly took it in stride. "How about Space Invaders?" But Sera second-guessed herself and tapped her chin. "Or is that too on the nose? Hmm ... Oh, I know! How about Millipede?!"

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:25 pm

"...That sounds good."

He tried to stay casual. He really did. But after the anticipation he had piled upon himself, the ensuing tension was not something the boy was prepared for. He didn't bother asking if she saw the cabinet. He couldn't bring himself to even ask what a millipede was. He just waited for her to turn, so he could follow Sera.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:46 pm

He didn't have to wait long for his answer. Sera found the arcade cabinet in short order, and the design was simple and clear on its side, with a great, many-legged insect rearing up to look down at a little man. And it was unlikely the man was the millipede. Even if he did share color palettes with the blonde girl standing beside it.

"Hi, guys!" Beta greeted them, mustard smeared about her lips as she waved with a half-consumed hot dog, two others and drinks on a table nearby. "I had the munchies, so I got something to eat! I thought you might like some, too!"

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:20 pm

Brennis's eyes had been wandering around like he was a child in a sweet shop, drinking in their surroundings. The shimmering screens reflected in his pale blue eyes, entrancing shapes and colors dancing across his pupils. A shift seemed to come over him as Beta came into view. He stared at her for a moment, his mouth coming agape. Then he blinked. After a moment he leaned in, glancing over her mouth with an odd fascination. Then his gaze dropped to the hot dog she offered him, silently looking down as Sera happily took hers. He looked down at it, raising and lowering it to look it over at various angles, before giving it a poke.

"What manner of creature did this come from, Beta?"

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:46 pm

Beta had been in the process of stuffing the last of hers in her mouth, getting more of the condiments on her face. She chewed just enough to be able to speak, giving a rather ill-mannered mouthful, "All of them," before swallowing, and chasing the smeared colors from her lip with her thumb before sticking it in her mouth and pulling it back out again with a pop.

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:17 pm

The young man's eyes grew wide at Beta's response. He stared at her for a moment, before they drifted down to the hot dog. Then back up to Beta and Sera. "All of them? All seventeen trillion identified species?"

He quietly stared down at it for a few moments more before reaching over and taking Sera's. With the two in hand, he placed them next to one another on his plate and set it to one side. He didn't want Sera eating so many horrible animals all at once after all. With the safety of his crush secure, he turned back to the Millipede cabinet, taking a moment to stare at it, before he gulped. Still, he had to be brave in front of Sera. She deserved nothing less. Pulling two coins from his pouch, he slid them inside the machine. The screen flashed, illuminating the title screen before it went on to the main screen. Brennis's small hand took the joystick, and started the game. All fear was gone. There was only the determination of a real gamer boy in his gaze.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:20 pm

Sera chuckled at the concerned reaction the boy had and moved to watch him play the game of being attacked by giant insects. As she went, she patted Beta on the shoulder. "You can have them, but go get us a couple giant pickles, perhaps? And see if you can get Rapier back here without making a scene, hmm?"

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:51 am

Brennis was far too engrossed in the game to note Sera's comments. He seemed to have settled into his gaming rhythm, and was now directing the centipede around the screen with surprising elegance and grace. Were Beta to check the video game store for Rapier, she wouldn't see the robot anywhere inside. Perhaps Seg had seen her go? As for pickles, there was no sign of any in the cramped arcade. Hopefully she could find some when she was out looking for Rapier.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:18 pm

Yes, going to the front desk did seem the most prominent solution. Rapier wasn't exactly someone easily misplaced. Especially with how weird she was. Beta knew what it was like for people to look at you funny because you had bugs in your programming, though. Everything seemed perfectly normal to you, but they all looked at you like you had a third eye. She'd learned quickly to brush it off without concern and embrace her quirks, she hoped Rapier could do the same.

She came up to Seg's counter and knocked her knuckles against it. "'Scuze me," she opened, trying to get the woman's attention. "Did you see which way Miss Rapier went? She's the ARC gynoid that came in with us."