Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.

Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

A Wistful Day Continues (1x1)

Roleplays consisting of only 2-3 members can be posted here.

Moderator: Forge

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Mage

Re: A Wistful Day Continues (1x1)

Post by Madrigal » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:03 am

“Hmm?” Rapier said, turning her eyes widening in nervous fear. “My panties are showing? Where?”

She glanced down at her hem frantically before realizing the front of her dress was still presentable. With the front of her outfit deemed acceptable, Rapier leaned her head back, gazing back at her hem behind her. She turned herself in a circle to the left, then to the right. Brennis watched, with round eyes before slowly shuffling to Sera’s side.

“Umm, Rapier, your panties aren’t showing. You said--”

“Shh! I’ve almost got it.”

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Paladin

Post by Ninmast » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:34 pm

"Oh dear," Sera observed as she put a pitying hand up against her cheek. "A priority error, maybe?"

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:23 am

“Priority...what?”

Rapier blinked, clearly confused at Sera. Sera was just about to speak when Brennis’s voice interrupted the two.

“Hey Sera...what’s that?”

The boy spoke softly, almost awed, as he pointed with one tremoring hand to a building nearby. There were two shops, one larger once serving as a grocery store, and a smaller corner shop next to it. Set over the entryway was a sign with a joystick and logo reading ‘Nick & Seg‘s Game Arcade.’

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:43 am

Sera's eyes lit up, not quite literally. "Oh, a Carbon public gaming center! You'd love it, Brennis! They have lots of different games that you can play until you lose for a nominal fee! You wanna give it a try?"

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:49 am

"Sure!"

Brennis smiled widely at the revelation, grabbing Sera's hand and pulling her after him into the arcade.

Within the narrow store, two rows of arcade cabinets stood from the doorway to the back of the store, additional cabinets standing in place along either wall. Familiar titles such as 'Donkey Kong', 'Centipede' and 'Galaga' stood alongside more obscure titles emblazoned in German or Japanese. At the end of the store they could barely make out a pair of DDR machines, as well as a counter where a tattooed woman with dreadlocks was chatting with a Japanese man who looked like he had teleported in from an American 1950s sitcom. The store was tightly packed with kids, teens and adults. The aisles between cabinets looked almost impassable at times from the number of people there. A bashful look seemed to cross Brennis's face at how crowded the room was, and he felt himself drift behind Sera at the wealth of sights and sounds.
Last edited by Madrigal on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:52 am

Before they went in, Sera had taken the time to concentrate, turning the transmorphic alloy of her shell from armor to a more casual clothing look. She still looked like a teenager, and frankly, her overall mass didn't actually change so much as it rearranged. Her twintails got even longer, going down to her knees, and most of the mass translated more or less directly to physical features and clothing. As it finished, she was wearing a casual top, a skirt over shorts, thigh-high socks and platform sneakers, plus bangles on her wrists and ankles, the latter over the striped socks, and she carried a cream purse with the strap diagonally across her chest.

"Wow, so many people in here!" she declared in wonderment as she looked around at the crowds. "Who would have thought it'd be so crowded so early in the day! This place must have a lot of great stuff!"

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:40 am

"Y-yeah..."

Brennis squeaked quietly. He drifted slowly behind Sera, as if to use her as a shield against the lines of people within. His eyes drifted over them briefly before looking down at his sandals.

"Umm, maybe we should come back later when its not so crowded..."

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:10 pm

Sera considered that thoughtfully. "Well, I guess we could go get a bite to eat and come back, but we wouldn't have as much time to play before going to the station, and if it's this crowded now, they probably won't clear out much by then." She looked back and down to Brennis, an odd height difference he might have still been getting used to. "It's up to you. You wanna just go do something else entirely and maybe try this again after we get Wynne back?"

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:11 am

"..."

Brennis was quiet, still hiding behind the larger girl. He didn't offer a reply, not at first. He opened his mouth to speak, then faltered at the sight of the bustling arcade. Fortunately, the choice was made for him. The dreadlocked Caucasian girl raised one hand to her mouth, before his voice cut over the ambient sounds of the arcade.

"Hey! HEY! New girl! Come on over here and introduce yourself!"

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:53 am

Sera looked over at the dreadlocked girl, then over at Rapier, down at Brennis, then back to the girl at the desk. "Um ... sorry, are you talking to one of us?"

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:17 am

"Yes! You! Come over here, its too loud to hear you anyway."

The woman waved over again towards the counter, the Asian man in the 50's sweatervest, glasses and bowtie smiling welcomely over to the two. Brennis clung to her clothes tightly. Rapier meanwhile seemed to be paying no attention to the woman at all, and was enthusiastically playing the title screen of House of the Dead, ignoring the "Insert Coins to Begin" that flashed on the screen.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:41 am

Well, Rapier had darted off quickly. Ah well, at least she seemed to be having fun. Might as well let her while getting coins, she could always come over and drop some in once she'd purchased the tokens to do so. Sera gave Brennis' shoulder a gentle - mindful of his sensitivity - but reassuring squeeze and encouraged him with a hand to follow her forward as she moved to the desk and the two present there. "I'm Sera," she moved her hip to one side so that her torso followed suit, but her feet remained where they were, so they could see past her, "this is Brennis,", and she pointed over to the House of the Dead cabinet, "and the overeager battle maid is Rapier. I don't know about her, but for me and Brennis, this is our first time in here."

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Mon May 08, 2017 10:43 am

Brennis didn't speak, simply taking Sera's hand and following after her. He had to shift and turn himself in between the rows of stools set before the arcade cabinets, but fortunately it was not as crowded as he might have guessed it should have been. As the two approached the counter, the girl with the dreadlocks smiled. A cocky, crooked smile that told Sera instantly she was the life of any party. Her left arm was bedecked with tattoos, all gaming related. On her chest over a pair of ripped jeans was a tanktop with 80s styled font that said 'Nick and Seg's Gaming Arcade'. She wore a fine gold and diamond ring on one finger, in stark contrast to her appearance, which glimmered in the overhead lights as she offered an overhand handshake to Sera.

"Hey, how you doin'? Good to see another face in my haunt. This must be your first time here, I don't recognize you or your friends, and I'm damn good with names and faces."

"Honey, don't be rude, we should intro--"

"Speaking of which, I'm Seg, this is Nick." She gave the Asian man a sideways hug, as if showing off a prized possession. "We own the place."

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:51 pm

Sera grinned at the woman's mannerisms, her own face cracking wide at her introduction. "It's a great place! I didn't know a place catering to so many classics was still around, though to judge from the crowds, I might've been about the only one! You guys clearly love your work, it shows!"

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:34 am

"Thanks!"

Seg said, with a big grin. "This has been a passion project for the two of us since we graduated high school. It takes a lot of hard work, but I do great in spurts, and Nick here is a workaholic. I'm such a lucky girl!"

She gave Nick a hug around his neck, pressing him against her body. With his throat between the crook of her arm, Sera could guess he was having trouble breathing. Though somehow, as his head pressed against her bosom, she got the impression he might not mind so much if he could breathe. She let go of him, giving him a surreptitious kiss on the cheek before turning back to Sera.

"So you want a recommendation? We've got singleplayer and a few coop games."

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:17 am

"Oh, definitely co-op!" Sera urged, hands clasped before her. "Competitive's good, too!"

She wondered if she could try something like that hug with Brennis, but reasoned it'd be meaningless in her normal body, and probably nothing he'd appreciate in this one.

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:24 pm

Brennis would have been overjoyed at the thought of a hug from Sera, though he was doubtful she had any interest in doing so. Though he did think the man would be much more comfortable if he could breathe around her arm. Oblivious to the connotations of her embrace around her head, he nodded with Sera.

"Y-yeah. Competitive sounds good."

"Great!" Seg said with a big grin. "You get twenty tokens for a dollar, and an extra twenty if you buy 100. If you aren't babysitting later this month, you should stop by the 15th with your boyfriend. Couples night is every 15th. Its 20% off for both of you."

At the sound of that, Brennis's face seemed to stop. It froze, as though suddenly made of stone. Seg seemed to catch his gaze however. She smiled over at him before leaning over the counter, inadvertently giving him a good look at her cleavage as she ruffled his hair. "D'aww, don't make that face kiddo. There's a girl out there for you, and you can bet she's as gorgeous as me."

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:52 pm

It seemed Sera missed the babysitting remark, or didn't catch it in her excitement. And Seg's statement was barely out of her mouth before any opportunity for Brennis to process it was disrupted by the floor vacating his feet.

"Ooh, did you hear that?" Sera was saying as she scooped him up and embraced him, unintentionally into her bosom. Mostly on account of briefly forgetting their newfound height difference. "Discount gaming! Isn't that incredible?!" And suddenly, not only did Brennis get a hug, but a big, wet kiss right on the cheek.

But then Sera paused in her jubilation, and let Brennis' feet return to the floor. "Wait, twenty tokens for a dollar? That's a lot of tokens. How many does a game here usually take?"

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:00 am

Brennis's eyes widened, in clear shock at Sera's unexpected mark of affection. Then, his eyes glazed over. His hand rose unconsciously to his cheek, a small smile slowly spreading across his face. It was clear he had not expected her to do so, not now and likely never. Sig's eyes likewise widened as she watched Sera's kiss before it was quickly replaced by a pleased smile.

"Four tokens per game, sweety. That's five games per dollar."

THUD

Their conversation was interrupted as Brennis fell to the ground, landing inelegantly on his boyish rear. Given Brennis's condition and his scrawny physique, it was more than likely his weakness had come from some failure in his body. Though given the small, happy smile on his face, it was clear he was glad the Edenite Mother had blessed his petite body with this gift.

Yeah, he could die happy now.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:56 am

Sera was already digging in her bag - actually, the "bag" was minifacturing the appropriate tool - when she heard the thud. She turned around to see Brennis sitting there and quickly hefted him back to his feet. "Brennis! You can't rest now! There's games to play!"

She turned back to Seg and passed her a Visa card. "We'll take the hundred to start with, then come back for more if we get through them all."