Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.

Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

A Wistful Day Continues (1x1)

Roleplays consisting of only 2-3 members can be posted here.

Moderator: Forge

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Mage

Re: A Wistful Day Continues (1x1)

Post by Madrigal » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:11 am

Sabre's eyes raised to the Mother Unit, silently assessing her for a few moments before speaking. "IRIS."

"Wait no, Sabre, I can explain! See my evil twin made me blow up my apartment, and he's--"

Blink was cut off as his body became enshrouded in the bright glow of IRIS's teleportation beam. His body froze, slowly disintegrating into myriad upon myriad of vaporizing atoms, before whisking away in the brilliant light from above. After Blink's body vanished, Sabre tilted her head upwards for a moment before turning her cold eyes back to Sera. She held her blade at her side as she spoke, failing to regard the Mother Unit with any action of respect. Or lack thereof.

"Ah. Mother Unit Sera. Sabre X-1. It is an honor, though I fear you are mistakened. I have yet to engage any unit consistent with observed Edenite technology. Further, no individual matching a Zeta configuration has been identified, apart from Unit Beta and the implied Blink impostor. Neither unit is consistent with the strength or competence expected of a Zeta Unit assigned to a Mother Unit."

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Paladin

Post by Ninmast » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:46 pm

Sera held her hand up to her face as she threw her head back and laughed at Sabre as if genuinely amused. "I? Mistaken? Dear girl, I am one of the most advanced minds in the universe. Which of the two of us is more likely to be the one mistaken? Besides, technology does not indicate strength, only composition. You and a microwave are both built using the same technology, but I would most certainly place my bet on you winning a fight against one."

At that comparison, Beta flushed in humiliation. "I-I'm a microwave...?"

If Sera heard the girl, she ignored her. "If she doesn't measure up to your experiences with Purifier Unit Master Zero, that would be because he is a Class S unit. Beta, here, is only a Class C. Indeed, the only member of her entire squad to still be rated as such."

With the continued bashing of the blonde in red, the girl sunk lower and lower. Brennis could almost hop off if he wanted to do so. "Does she have to say it like that?"

"I selected her, not for the benefit of self-defense, but because her youth would help me to blend in better while visiting Terra," the Mother Unit continued. She sighed and propped her left elbow on her hand as she leaned against her left fist. "It was my sister's insistence that I bring a Purifier Unit, but I didn't want one that could get in my way, so before she could think better of her terms and rephrase them, I chose Beta to accompany me."

Beta's knees touched the ground and Brennis could easily step off. "I figured it was something like that ..."

"That being said, I think you'd find there's much more to her than there seems. If you've been able to push her around until now, it's because you haven't pushed so hard that you've been able to actually do anything to her. Go on, go ahead. Give her your absolute best shot."

"W-w-w-w-wait, what?!"

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:25 am

"My best shot?"

"Yeah! Your absolute best shot! Beta can take--"

Sera was cut short as a burst of energy threw dust and debris to either side, the aerial unit disappearing for a moment. She reappeared just behind where Beta was standing. Sabre stoically sheathed her blade into her belt. Behind her, Beta stood with wide eyes, her hands raised without conviction or purpose to either side. She stood there for a moment or two, unmoving and unshifting. Brennis looked over Beta, pausing short of waving one hand in front of her face.

"Beta? Are you--"

"AAUGH!"

Beta's face quickly grew red, her hands desperately massaging her posterior. A small smile twitched on the edge of Sabre's face.

"Your turn, bodyguard."

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:54 am

"Mother! She hit me again!"

"I know, I told her to." Sera glanced over at her, unimpressed with her outcry. "Were you actually hurt?"

"... It really does hurt!"

"No, did you actually suffer any damage?""

Beta gave a dejected sniff. "No ..."

"Then stop crying. It didn't actually hurt."

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:28 am

Brennis on the other hand pulled a handkerchief from one sleeve, stepping beside Beta. He gently dabbed at the girl's cheeks, like a kind and doting father, or perhaps a younger brother. The embroidered cloth brushed away her pained tears and the dust that clung to her skin, as he patted her head.

"There there Beta. Sera and I are here. We'll take care of--"

"Where is the third girl?" Sabre's voice cut into Brennis's words. “Operative Paragon identified three of you while securing your crash site.”

“…You have a third Princess with you?” Rapier asked, confusedly.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:59 am

"Wynne," Sera provided. "She's not an Edenite, though. It was her ship that crashed in the zoo this morning. She was kidnapped by an old lady with a moustache, though. We have a date to pick her up at six this evening."

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:02 am

“A date...I see.”

Sabre’s eyes shifted from Sera to Brennis. The boy had stooped by Beta, and was gently patting her teary and dirt-stained cheeks with a frilled kerchief he pulled from the sleeve of his robe. Sabre’s eyes turned from him back to Sera.

“Are you two dating then?”

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:13 am

"Who," Sera asked punkishly. "Me and Mustache Lady? No way. Why would I be dating some creepy old hag?"

Somewhere else, at another location, while a mustachio'd woman fiddled with a contraption, she sneezed, then sniffed and gave her nose a rub. "I don't know what it is, but somehow, I have a sudden drive to smash a bowl of spanish olives into pulp ..."

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:14 am

Evidently displeased with Sera’s answer, Sabre blinked. Then turned to the boy who was still brushing at Beta’s cheek. “Human child. Are you and this girl dating?”

Brennis stopped what he was doing in favor of gazing with shock at the question. His eyes grew big at the question. Then a faint blush began to appear, growing brighter and stronger until the flush in his cheeks consumed his entire face. Rather than answer, Brennis glanced around uncertainly, as if trying to find some means of escape from the situation. At last, he simply tried to hide himself behind Beta. Not an impractical feat, given their similar sizes. Sabre assessed Brennis’s physical response for a time, before she turned back to Sera.

“You could have simply said ‘yes’.”

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:38 am

Beta glanced over her shoulder with an innocent look to her eyes. "I don't get the impression simply is an appropriate descriptor."

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:57 pm

“Would you care to clarify that comment?”

Sabre stared resolutely at Beta, and it was clear she wasn’t the only one interested in her answer. Brennis was staring over Beta’s shoulder at her, searching her face--what he could see of it--for some hint at her meaning.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:40 pm

"Well," the girl tried, apparently not entirely clear on it, herself, "using the term simply implies that it would be easier for him to have answered with a single word, yet the topic clearly caused biological symptoms that imply agitation, tension and nervousness. It seems like saying it outright like that would only cause those symptoms to multiply in severity, right?"

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:06 pm

“That would be a correct assessment, if I were addressing the boy.”

Sabre continued to level her steely glare at Sera, ignoring her entirely as she spoke.

“I am not.”

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:06 am

Sera, standing at almost eye level with Sabre in her current hardform, simply crossed her arms defiantly of the Terran android and smirked. "Then it sounds like you need to work on clarifying your pronouns. Methinks you're trying too hard to sound serious and mysterious." She unfolded her arms and put her right on her hip, to shake her left index finger at the blonde. "You need to loosen up! When was the last time you took a day off and actually did something fun with it, huh?"

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:53 am

"I am an artificial humanoid, designed for peacekeeping. We are not issued time off, paid or not." Sabre tilted her head to one side, then righted it again. "As for when I last had 'fun', I would categorize my mission at approximately 11:12 AM as 'fun'."

"T-that was when she hit me!"

"Correct. It was most amusing."

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:17 pm

Sera cracked an eyebrow at that, then lowered it and smirked, flexing her limbs. "Well, if you enjoyed hitting my minion, why don't you try hitting me? I wouldn't mind a little warm up in this body, I don't get to use it much. And I owe you for tormenting said minion while we were separated, anyway."

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:54 am

Rapier's eyes quickly grew wide, zooming in front of Sera as quickly as her legs could take her. A cascade of stammering apologies, explanations about ARC protocols and nervous inadequacies were cut off by Sabre's voice.

"Impossible. You are the leader of a foreign extra-solar power. Your minion was formerly designated a rogue android. She has since been reclassified as a member of your retinue. I am not permitted to take action against any political figure without approval from ARC's highest levels. Further, I have additional duties I must attend to."

The engines set in Sabre's dress hummed to life, flaring as she ascended into the sky. Beta, Brennis and Rapier all watched her rise, before a look of alarm flashed on Rapier's face.

"Sis! I can see your panties!"

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:05 am

"Ah, I figured she had robot parts down there ..." Beta observed. Not that Brennis could see what she was referring to, Sera had used her hands to cover his eyes.

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:32 am

As Sera gazed upwards though she realized Rapier was mistakened. Despite the armored dress billowing out to either side as she ascended, there was no sign of what might be considered undergarments on Sabre. Only weapons and steel.
Sabre slowly vanished from sight, rounding one of the massive skyscrapers in the distance before vanishing. Now alone in the street with the others, Sera finally allowed Brennis to see again, even as Rapier turned to Sera with a smile.

“Wow! This is fun! So, what now?”

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:11 am

"I dunno!" Sera chirped back. "We've just sort of been going with the flow, and it's still not time to go to Grand Central." But she suddenly got a slightly sterner look to her. "Rapier, why did you say her panties were showing?"