Memories of Yoshida High (MadxNin)

Roleplays consisting of only 2-3 members can be posted here.

Moderator: Forge

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Mage

Re: Memories of Yoshida High (MadxNin)

Post by Madrigal » Mon May 08, 2017 10:31 am

It was nearly forty-five minutes later, and Kai still found himself seated on that bench. The park was quiet for the most part. Now and then he could see a jogger or two, a small group playing baseball and even a rollerblader. But there was no sign of Aki, or even anyone who might be out for a date. As time passed, the park slowly seemed to depopulate.

As he was thinking of texting Makoto, his attention was distracted by a loud roar. A red motorcycle zipped down the road, revving as it navigated almost elegantly down the road. The rider turned into the parking lot of the park nearby, letting Kai take a look at the rider as it parked. It was a tall figure, definitely male, probably only a year or two older than Kai. He was dressed in designer jeans, a plain black t-shirt, an open black leather jacket with red stripes on the shoulders, and a red helmet. He removed his helmet. A freshly styled cut of red hair met Kai's eyes as the rider ran a hand through it. Surprisingly, his face was Japanese, with almond eyes, sharp chin and narrow cheek bones. It was hard to make out his figure beneath his clothes, but he looked very fit. The kind of guy Makoto's friends might have cooed over.

The rider placed his helmet on his handlebar before leaning his rear against the motorcycle seat. He leaned back, glancing over the park before turning his eyes to the gate. After a few minutes, his eyes flitted over to Kai, a swift, quiet sidelong glance that repeated itself two more times for the next half hour.

Nearly seventy-five minutes had passed since Kai took his seat when the figure leaning on his motorcycle let out a sigh. He stood up, hands shoved in either pocket, as he gave the gate to the park one last long look. Black dress shoes shone as he started down the path. A friendly smile crossed his face as he neared Kai, coming to a stop by the bench he was seated on.

"Hey. I'm guessing you were stood up too? Nice evening to be out on your own at least. I'm Ichi."

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Paladin

Post by Ninmast » Wed May 17, 2017 1:23 pm

The sound of the motorcycle drew Kai's attention and probably many others. He felt trepidation rising as it came to a stop. It was a delinquent, sure as certainty. What was someone like that doing at a place like this? Wasn't this something of a higher end area?

Several times, he noticed the delinquent glancing his way. Oh no. That couldn't be good. Sure enough, after a long while, the delinquent headed his way. He tried to make a point of burying his face in his phone, pretending that would make the delinquent walk on by him, but no such luck.

"Ah. Kai," the black-haired boy replied. The delinquent didn't offer a hand, so he didn't either, probably for the best, no telling what a delinquent might do getting that close. And the delinquent had been stood up, great, that probably meant he'd be in a foul mood and looking to vent. "And, ah, I was just, uh ... just enjoying the park, sorry." He almost made an excuse to leave, but what if Aki really was running late? If he left, he might miss her even if he were to try to circle back after the delinquent left.

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Sun May 21, 2017 12:15 pm

"Ahh, gotcha. Its been awhile since I visited this park. I'm usually too busy with classwork or sports to get out into the world."

The young man looked down at Kai, an easy smile on his face. He kept his hands in the pockets of his leather jacket. Despite his hair style and clothes, he didn't seem threatening. If anything, he seemed perfectly relaxed. His expression shifted however as a low growl briefly pierced the air. It took Kai a second to realize it was Ichi's stomach. He let out an embarrassed laugh.

"Yeah, sorry. I skipped my post practice snack since I was driving straight here after. You hungry?"

He didn't wait for Kai's response, simply turning and walking to a set of vending machines, perhaps four yards away. He swiped a credit card through the card reader and pressed a few buttons. He turned back to Kai. One hand hung by his side, holding a protein bar and a Powerade. The other was couched against his side, serving as an impromptu shelf. Upon his arm was a bottle of Ramune lemonade, and a box Kai didn't recognize. It was decorated with the image of a half-sliced apple, and several thin slices, propped against it. The front had the logo of the company, 'Paradise Fruits: Apple Chips'. He placed his things on the end of the bench, offering Kai the box and the fruity drink.

"Here, try these. My younger sister loves them."

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Sun May 21, 2017 3:30 pm

"Ah, thanks," a little late to turn him down now. And yup, the guy thought he was a girl. Great. That meant his level of danger either just went up or down depending on this guy's inclinations. He found himself passively double checking that the drink was still sealed. He cracked the bag and found the slices inside, putting one to his mouth and sampling it. Oh! His eyes widened in surprise. Oh, that was good.

Once the first chip was gone, he turned his attention back to the biker. "You said you were supposed to be waiting for someone here?"

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Mon May 22, 2017 2:45 am

Ichi took a seat on the other side of the bench. Though he was seated nearby, he was perched on the opposite edge of the bench, one arm sprawled lazily over the backrest. He had just taken a sip of his drink when Kai asked his question, forcing Ichi to give a faint grunt of affirmation. He tightened the lid on the bottle as he swallowed before turning back to Kai.

"Yeah that's right. My friends seem to think I should put myself out there, so they set me up with a girl from my school. I guess she lost her nerve." The biker let out a faint sigh from his nostrils, before his eyes rose back to Kai. He gave a playful smile as one hand rose to his fiery strands. "I'm sorry, its the hair, isn't it?"

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Mon May 22, 2017 2:51 pm

Kai gave a slightly wry grin at that question, understanding that he was asking about the impression he gave. "And the bike, and the leather, and the dark clothes. If the girl you're waiting for isn't into a certain sort, you could have scared her off."

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Tue May 23, 2017 1:56 am

"Ah, you're killing me Kai. My mother will be heartbroken. She picked this outfit out for my first date too."

Ichi adopted a pained expression, as if Kai's words wounded him. Kai could tell by his smile though that the older teen was in a good mood. He watched Kai take another bite of his apple chips, waiting until Kai had finished and swallowed before he spoke again.

"Its real actually." Pale green eyes drifted to Kai's as he raised his bottle onto his lap. A knowing smile lingered on his lips. Clearly anticipating Kai's reaction. "You don't believe me."

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Tue May 23, 2017 5:11 am

But Kai only blinked in confusion. "The leather?"

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Tue May 23, 2017 5:52 am

"My hair." He ran a couple fingers through his hair, brushing it as though to offer the crimson strands. "You can look for yourself if you don't believe me."

Sure enough, if Kai chose to look, his red-orange hair would have appeared legit. From the root to the tip, each and every last one was a fiery hue. The roots began a deep-orange color before rising to an almost yellow tint at the end. "Its been like this since I was a kid, actually. I don't remember having any other hair color. Really makes me stand out in a crowd at least, right?"

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:18 pm

Kai nodded in agreement. "So you're half Irish, then?" he guessed next.

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:09 pm

Ichikaen's face suddenly dropped into a nervous expression. He raised one hand to his mouth, holding it in front of his face for a moment. One, then two heavy breaths on his hand. Though Kai could tell by the twitch at the corner of Ichi's mouth that the teen was teasing him. Seemingly content with his pantomime, Ichi leaned back against the bench.

"100% Japanese. I'm third-generation. My grandmother came here in the 50s."

A pause.

"I'm guessing you're not Irish?"

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:28 pm

The shorter boy blinked twice at that, eyes wide and blank at the question for a moment before his mind registered what he'd been asked. "Okinawan. And I'm not the one with red hair."

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:40 am

"Y-yeah."

Ichi seemed a little put off by that, his attempt at humor rejected. His face quickly rebounded from the situation as he forced ahead with the conversation. "Okinawa, huh? I've never been over to Japan myself. My father's been over there a couple times. He's been part of the joint exercises over there. Operation Keen-something."

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:37 am

"Oh!" Kai put in eagerly, his eyes going alert. "Operation Keen Sword, right? Yeah, I lived near one of the bases they often went out of. Your dad's in the military, then?"

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:38 pm

"That's it."

Ichi smiled sidelong over at Kai. Though he tried not to show it clearly, he was pleased to see he had happened on a subject Kai approved of. He hadn't expected more than just a casual conversation, but it would be nice if they both enjoyed it. "Yeah, my dad's a colonel in the Marines. He's in charge of a tank battalion."

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:13 pm

Like most sane people, Ichikaen probably thought that stars in the eyes was just a metaphor for being dazzled and excited. But it's quite possible he may have discovered their literal presence when he mentioned tanks to Kairi. "Wow! Really?! Your dad commands an entire tank battalion? A whole battallion? Of actual tanks? Are the A3s out yet, or are they still A2s? How many does he command? Does he get to drive one?"

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:33 pm

"Huh?"

Ichi blinked in evident confusion, clearly taken aback by Kai's sudden interest in something so seemingly banal. Quickly however he rebounded, leaning against the bench behind him with his arms to either side. His half-empty Powerade hung from the fingers of his right hand as he returned Kai's smile. Albeit with less of an enraptured expression. "Yeah, my dad runs the entire battalion. Second Armored Division, 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, Colonel Honomoto's Blazing Phoenixes. He's been in charge of the Brigade since I was in Middle School. Think he knows how to drive one, but he usually leaves that to the grunts."

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:16 am

"Aww, what a waste!" Kairi protested. "If I were around tanks all the time, you'd never get me out of one!"

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:54 am

There was a smile on the older student's face at Kai's enthusiasm. He couldn't help it. Kai's excitement was practically infectious. It was clear this was something Kai was passionate about, likely the same way he was passionate about sports or his motorcycle. "Sounds like it might get a little smelly in there, though you might be able to shower at the car wash. So, you want to drive a tank after you graduate?"

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:00 pm

But the boy shook his head vehemently, sending a curtain of black swishing through the air. "Nuh-uh! I want to design and test pilot them!"