Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.

Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Memories of Yoshida High (MadxNin)

Roleplays consisting of only 2-3 members can be posted here.

Moderator: Forge

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Mage

Re: Memories of Yoshida High (MadxNin)

Post by Madrigal » Tue May 22, 2018 12:38 pm

The principal's nostrils huffed for a moment as if irritated by the mundanities of his position before he swept a slip of paper with a grand gesture. His fingers pulled a gilded pen from a penholder and with furious effort scribbled across its surface. After a few moments, he passed the note to Kai, letting him read the principal's work. 'I, Principal Bruce 'the King' Williams, hereby declare the student known as Kai Aoki shall have free passage to Mr. Uzuk's classroom. Signed this 7th of September 20XX Ad Domino.'

"There. That should get you to class. Not that it might help against Uzuk. I'll see the two of you later."

With that, the Principal waited for Kai to rise and leave before returning to his work. As he stepped out, the secretary smiled his lopsided smile, giving a friendly wave before going back to his typing as Kai stepped into the hall. No sooner would Kai step outside however than he saw a familiar face. Makoto, leaning against the wall opposite. And leveling a very disappointed gaze at him. Underlying it all was a sense of silent and controlled fury. She stalked over to him, peering up with concern and alarm at the window where Mr. Leuger was merrily typing. Then her gaze returned to him. The anger was still there, as was the concern and alarm. But strongest of all by far...was disappointment. She took his arm, gently but firmly, peering back at the others before pulling Kai into a dark corner to the side. "Kai...what were you doing in the principal's office? Are you in trouble? Did you do something wrong?"

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Paladin

Post by Ninmast » Wed May 23, 2018 2:48 am

Kai watched in wonder at the fantastical way the president conducted himself, and then read over the note and couldn't suppress a smile. He stood and bowed gratefully, long black hair streaming behind the gesture and sliding over his shoulders like silk. "Thank you very much, your highness!"

And soon, he was on his way out. He pushed his tied hair back over his shoulder before returning the secretary's wave, smiling all the while. Until he got outside.

A familiar face, full of disappointment and anger, pinned him to the spot and nuked his smile from orbit the moment the door shut behind him, and Makoto surged forward before yanking him away by the arm.

"N-no!" he insisted, still in shock at this behavior when she demanded the information. "This is about Uzuk-sensei, not me! I told you Friday I had this meeting first thing today!"

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:17 pm

"...You did?"

The look on Makoto's face stopped instantly, turning to one of nervous reflection. The change was so sudden, one might be forgiven for imagining a record scratch playing as the changing expressions danced across her face. At last, after a moment, a relieved sigh escaped her lips. Her head ducked down in embarrassment, briefly disappearing behind her curtain of hair before it emerged again. Deferential and apologetic. "That's right! You did. I'm sorry Kai, so sorry. I just saw you going into the Principal's office and I thought...well, I was terrified you were a delinquent or something, and after I set you up on...sorry."

She looked away, her cheeks flush with embarrassment as well as personal disappointment. Her bag swung to one side, one hand disappearing inside as she felt around. After a few moments, her hand emerged. A mini-tolberone in one hand. "Here. I-I'm sorry for biting your head off Kai...I'm just...you know...protective..."

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:20 am

Kai accepted the sweet graciously, smiling in reassurance, though he was still rather shaken by the sudden assault upon his person. Just when he was starting to get over the idea he had on the first day that this girl was scary. "No, no, it's alright! I understand! I promise, I'm no delinquent! Though Uzuk-sensei would probably say otherwise."

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:10 am

"Yeah...Ol Uzuk would say that about a lot of people. Did you know when I first joined this school, he tried to drag me in front of Prince Williams for chewin' on my pencils? To be honest, I think he just gets his way because he knows how to make a stink."

The older student walked alongside Kai back to the classroom. She kept a merry tenor as they went along, as if in apology for her outburst earlier. Though her tone seemed normal, one could tell by the faint blush in her cheeks that she was still embarrassed about their earlier encounter. She rambled good-naturedly until Uzuk's classroom loomed ahead. Which was when she finally asked the question. Kai would be able to tell by the slowly spreading grin on her face that she was holding something in, and it finally emerged, in a controlled voice laced with excitement.

"Sooo...how was your date?"

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:28 am

At that, Kai's expression soured rapidly into dejection. "It wasn't. Your friend never showed. It's okay, though, I'm sure something came up." He was already turning toward the doorway, as if to escape the topic. "I should get into class. If I'm not in my seat when the bell rings, Uzuk really will send me to the office."

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:51 pm

As Kai stepped towards the classroom however, he would feel a hand coming to his shoulder. Gentle, and supportive. His sole warning before he was spun around in place. Makoto was holding him by either shoulders, and giving him a mixed expression. One of sympathy, kindness, concern. But most of all, determination.

"Kai, I don't want you to worry about that. I'll set this right, and make sure you are set on the date of your life. I promise."

Her right hand gave a pat on his shoulder, before the bell ring, and she hurried off down the hall. She only stopped as she reached the end of the hall to give him another exaggerated wave before vanishing.

-----------------------------------

Classes continued much as Kai might have expected. Mister Uzuk droned on, first about history, then science and math to a muted reception from the class. After an informative, if dull class, Kai would have heard the bell calling for the circulation of students from their morning class to their gym class. To go to the locker room, change and hurry out for PE. Preferably without getting in trouble for being tardy.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:30 pm

Finally, activity! Kai was so excited for PE he could hardly restrain himself from bolting for the door and out into the hall from Uzuk's boring lectures. They had almost put him to sleep, but at least the old man hadn't commented on the fact Kai was still wearing the boys' uniform despite the teacher's Friday ultimatum. He'd change clothes and then head right for class. And didn't Aki have the same PE class? His face blushed as he thought back to the failed date night. There must have been a good reason she hadn't made it, Aki was way too nice to stand someone up.

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:46 am

Uzuk-sensei gave Kai a pointed look but said nothing as he flipped a book open onto his desk and began jotting inside. Out in the halls, organized crowds of students bustled about to their destinations. Now and then Kai might have seen a familiar face, or at least one that wasn't quite so alien as the others. Even so, few seemed to take an interest in Kai yet. Just another face in the crowd.

It wasn't until Kai got to his locker that something unusual happened. After grabbing what he needed and dropping what he didn't, Kai would doubtless turn, to see the face of the girl from the other night. Zhu Lei. The Chinese exchange student was dressed in the school uniform, which looked as prim and proper as if she had been dressed by an overprotective mother, and holding her books to her chest. She had a petrified look on her face behind her glasses. A mix of nervousness and resolution. "Ah...K-Kai, right? Ma-Makoto asked me to tell you sh-she talked to your date and..."

Zhu stopped, taking a deep breath before continuing.

"I-I'm sorry I'm...English is not my preferred language and I g-get nervous in c-crowds...she wants to know a-are you free Wednesday at s-s-six?"

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:50 am

Kai was surprised to see her, but placed her quickly due to her more unique appearance, even among the heavy Asian population. He gave what he hoped was a reassuring smile when she seemed so nervous, and nodded as she relayed Makoto's message. "Yeah, that would work. And you shouldn't worry so much." He gave a thumbs up. "Your English is very good, especially if it's not your preferred language! If it helps, I can speak Mandarin, so if you ever feel more comfortable with that, please feel free to switch to it with me."

Madrigal
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Madrigal » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:35 am

The young woman didn't respond. Verbally at least. She kept her head low, avoiding Kai's gaze, though he would be able to see her face would slowly begin to turn a gradually brighter and brighter shade of red. Her breathing, already uneven, had shifted to a slow, deep gasping breath. The seconds ticked by, eight in total, before Zhu's nerves seemed to overcome her. She bowed her head quickly, and with a quick "Duìbùqǐ!" the young lady turned and ran down the hallway, irrespective of who might find themselves in the small Chinese girl's way.

The next couple hours passed, with Uzuk carrying on with his lessons. Now and then, his eyes would turn to Kai, settling onto him with a strange unsettling look of disappointment. It was hard to say what exactly he was thinking, though Kai might sense a strange aura of foreboding when he did so. Fortunately, he did not say anything or draw any attention to Kai. He didn't speak to Kai at all actually. Whether that was a relief or not was for Kai to decide. As the last bell of the day rang, the young man was left to his own devices. The day was his to decide, whether to search for his friends, explore the school, visit Makoto's house or head home.

Ninmast
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ninmast » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:56 am

Well, visiting Makoto's home without an invitation wouldn't really occur to him. After all, that was somebody else's house, a girl's house besides. You just don't go and barge over somewhere you've only been once. It was a bit early to just head home. Before, he had tried to find out more about extracurricular activities and clubs when he had found Darling and Dear, the oddly named twins (or so he thought of them). Today was a good opportunity to try the search again, and so he shouldered his bag and set out to start exploring the school again.