Let the GAMES begin!

High-ku Jump - Deadline: 18th July
Synchronised Swimming - Deadline: 4th August
The Marathon - Deadline: 31st August

Event Info and Schedule
The Sign Up Thread
Medal Tables and Leaderboard

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

[BMS] Flight of the space unicorn

Roleplays consisting of only 2-3 members can be posted here.

Moderators: Dionysus [Rick], Hades [Forge]

Martin the faithful
Newcomer
Newcomer
Class: Rogue

Re: [BMS] Flight of the space unicorn

Post by Martin the faithful » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:58 am

Morgan Lee

Morgan figures there needs to be a little more details for the plan than just fly up, break in, and get away. What happens if it goes wrong? contingencies are needed. "Are we ransoming the crew or disposing of them some how?" she asks. "If we are disposing of them, how?" she asks.
I think Morgan is going to pick things up as she goes. She's like to get her hands on a gun, but a club pipe and knife would work. I've been waiting too..

Silverstag
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Werebeast

Post by Silverstag » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:42 am

Coco nodded curtly towards Morgan. “On a ship that big there will be an external module for communications. We should destroy that first before boarding, to stop all communications. That way they can not call for back up. That would allow us to only deal with who is on board, no surprise guests. If we can gather intel – like an crew roster so we know how many bodies need to be disposed, that would be awesome." She chewed her gum in thought for a moment.

"Morgan – any ideas on how to obtain that? Maybe Beryl would have that info. We should probably dispose of them, that way no one can say who or how all the cargo escaped. Maybe destroy the ship after it’s use with the crew inside. We can destroy it in an asteroid belt, look like it got hit by asteroids. Stupid mistakes in piloting happen all the time. Of course, we could always find an incinerator and just burn the bodies and keep the ship.” Coco started listing off ideas, looking back to everyone she looked for input. “What are your opinions?
Off Topic
Martin I'm stealing your color dialogue style. It looks a lot better than bold for something so full of dialogue. :wink: Thanks for the idea!

just_alex
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Adventurer

Post by just_alex » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:04 pm

Thea narrowed her eyes at the others as they talked strategy, most of it flying over her head. She wasn't swaying anymore on her feet, so that was a good sign.

"How about," She started, doing her best to grab everyone's attention, "We just wing it. Beryl most likely put the coordinates of her desired ship and cargo into the system of her unicorn, right?" She asked, sending a questioning glance towards Beryl. "We'll just transfer the numbers to Coco's ship and then we can take off, figuring it from there," She shrugged, itching to get going. Just standing here and talking was making her antsy and she was very close to simply ditching. Or just jumping on the ship and taking off.

"As for weapons, I'm fine with my pistol," She patted her left side where her weapon was concealed. "And I can use pretty much anything I get my hands on as a weapon."
I am waiting for Coco to take off, since it's her ship and Thea doesn't know how it works, although she could probably figure it out. But it was already established that Coco would be flying :)
What if the stars started disappearing
And all that was left was nothing
What if we covered our eyes, stopped listening
And we missed everything

Yaboymiller
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Yaboymiller » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:56 pm

"Or"Britt said as he paused for a moment"If Beryl perhaps have blueprints to the ship we are going after we could find out where the external module for communications could be. Or it least have an idea of where to search. I'm not sure winging it would be a good idea, if more backup comes that could mean more trouble."He explained in a serious tone.
for every great artist, there is a great writer

Martin the faithful
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Martin the faithful » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:18 pm

Morgan Lee

Morgan looks at them she really didn't want to kill them, if she didn't have too. She already had one child that wasn't hers stuck in her mind. She says, "On thing that I've learned, dead bodies cause bigger responses," she says. She pauses for a second, "The corps and the governments will have to get involved if they are killed or go missing." She suggests, "What about we wear masks. Take out the communication module as we go in. Then we stick them in an escape pod and jettison it somewhere out where a passing ship might find their transponder later signal. I'm not a hacker so, we'd need someone with those skills. But from personal experience, you don't want to know their names. Just how many are there." She looks at the pilot. "A ship that big will be noticed if we pull into dock. Can we change the transponder and markings?"

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Necromancer

Post by Ghostwriter » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:14 pm

Hmm, since Silver is dealing with some irl problems I guess I'll just move it along a little. I was going to wait for her to post something but instead I'll help out a bit and she should be back sometime this weekend anyway. Considering it's been a month now and we havent done anything I'm starting to rethink how I want to handle the prep phase. :p For now, I'll just make it sort of a vote. Maybe people give their ideas for what they want to do and the one with the most votes win.

In this case, people basically seem content with finding a way to sabotage their communications systems. I did a little bit of thinking about this and how you could do it. For instance Alex already has a space screen that will let her safely go into space for a few minutes, and I could just as easily say the Ninja Pirate Unicorn has something similar so people can come or go within the ship without all the air being vented into space. But considering it's already been long enough already I thought of a simpler idea that Beryl could do to help with so that the party doesnt need to split up and you guys could just kick it into gear. :D
After someone contacted Beryl a com's screen turned on. As the group explained their idea Beryl shook her head. "Hmm... don't worry about the bodies. Your job is just to capture the ship, preferably without damaging it, and then take it to the coordinates I told you to. The less people know the better, so if you kill anyone or not is up to you guys really. Any corpses or captives can be handled by the crew I hired to take care of the ship after you deliver it to them. If anything, try to keep everything contained on the ship, so no spacing the crew if you can... that just leaves loose ends. There's no way to do this without them knowing something happened, we're interrupting a scheduled transport. Best to leave them nothing at all to learn of, as far as they will know the ship left on time but never arrived."

"But actually about the coms, I have an idea about that. One of the guys I hired is a GA mole, he's the guy who told me about the schedule. I could make sure he's on the ship when it leaves and he could sabotage the communications when you board. We would just need to signal him so he knows when... so they dont fix it before you show up. Something like that should give you a good 10 to 20 minutes of dead air before they have a chance to fix it. Just try not to kill the mole when you get there eh? I try to make sure my friends dont kill my other friends. He will be the guy that doesn't try killing you all at first sight, hah!"

"So if that's everything get on your way. You can park Coco's ship somewhere to retrieve later, it wont come close to the transport ship without raising alarms... too big. All you have to do is wait along its path and when you see it, board it. Pro-tip, try to get it from behind or the side so it doesn't smash you like a bug in its windshield."
InHeavenTheCooksAreFrench,PoliceAreBritish,EngineersAreGerman,BankersAreSwissAndLoversAreItalian
InHellTheCooksAreBritish,PoliceAreGerman,EngineersAreFrench,BankersAreItalianAndLoversAreSwiss

I'm an Architect

Yaboymiller
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Yaboymiller » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:59 am

"sounds easy enough to me." Britt replied as he walked toward the pod. "let's get a move on people, the treasure waits for no one." He said excitedly. Ever since he arrived at the blue moon he's been itching for a good fight.

just_alex
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by just_alex » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:13 pm

Thea nodded her head, liking the sound of things moving along. It was getting tiring standing around and talking about what they were going to do instead of actually doing something. The blonde sent a wink towards Beryl, "Thanks. We'll make sure not to kill your guy," She said before following Britt towards the pod.

It was safe to say that this particular mission would be an easy one. Simply intercept a ship with the cargo, make sure it doesn't get messy, don't kill Beryl's guy, and return everything back safely. This caused Thea to remember something, making her stop in her tracks and spin around to face Beryl again, "How much are we getting paid again?" She asked, resting her hands on her hips.
And we missed everything

Silverstag
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Silverstag » Thu May 03, 2018 1:25 am

Coco felt some stress relive her once she heard there will be a crew to take care of the ship and crew once they got it to the destination. That would make it so much easier. Listening to the group and Beryl, she nodded from time to time. “That sounds good. Beryl, send me the coordinates? Once I get that I can take everyone out.” She gave a grin. It seemed like most of the group was excited for the job. Always good to have positive energy on the ship. “Alright, let’s go to my place, my co-pilot will be excited to see some fresh faces anyway.” Coco said cheerfully. Leaving the meeting, she meandered her way through the streets until she got back to the docks. Giving a friendly wave to one of the workers, she led the group to her ship.

The cargo ship was nothing spectacular, it wasn’t shiny or fresh paint on it. It had dings from her adventures and seemed basic. Exactly how Coco wanted it. If it seemed nothing to take of note, the easier it was to get by. Unlocking the ship with a fab as she got closer, the bay door lowered itself down with a creak. Hoping on the door, she spun, dark hair flying in motion of her movement. “Welcome to my humble abode. This is ‘Midarei’s Gift’. Treat her well and she will treat you well.” She introduced her ship to the group. Laughing, she entered the cargo bay and headed to the cockpit. The cargo bay seemed empty except a few miscellaneous items here and there. Coco tend to keep her ship clean and ready for anything. As she was closer to the walkway that would lead them through the rest of the ship, she heard a clattering of metal on metal and then a loud bark at the entrance of the kitchen.

Hey there Ed. I’m home, I brought some friends with me.” She called out. Without a hesitation the large golden dog bounded his way through and ran into the cargo space. The dog was waist height, golden and missing two of it’s legs, one front and hind limb. In place of limbs, was a mechanical leg in it’s place. Ed, barked loudly, though this time not as aggressive as before. Wagging it’s tail it scampered down to smell all the newcomers. “Ed is friendly, no worries on that. Make yourself welcome here, it’s small but your welcome to meander. There is a kitchen and table with chairs this way, bathroom and then the cockpit through this entryway. I’ll be in the cockpit waiting for the coordinates from Beryl.” She announced as she disappeared from the door frame and walked her way to the cockpit.

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Fri May 04, 2018 5:20 am

Thea spins around to face Beryl again, "How much are we getting paid again?" She asked, resting her hands on her hips.

Beryl arched a brow. "I thought you all figured finances out with Coco~ I only discuss certain aspects of business in person, and only with the actual person taking the job. Keeps competition in check so I dont have friends trying to compete with other friends, try to keep all of us on the same team in this line of work. But I'm sure my friend will be more than happy to meet all of you afterward, might even give you some good deals for his work. If there's nothing else I'll let you get to it." Beryl was in reality much more professional than her outward appearance and demeanor would have most people believe. But the fact remained she hired Coco to do the job, and guided others to her direction if they wanted work. By the time Silver got to her cockpit she'd have the coordinates waiting for her at her console.
Though I am glad you mentioned it Alex :p Beryl might not care to tell you for misc reasons but I dont mind, since it's not exactly secret and you could just look it up in the original topic when she told Coco. The exact payment isn't hammered down in this mission because it depends on a few things; like the condition of the ship, or various secret bonus things I plan to add if you guys look for them. And if you guys ever have any ideas for how to include your character plots in certain missions go ahead and share them. :) But the numbers she gave Coco was anywhere from about 40-ish k to 60-ish k, which although is quite a lot for what she's asking you to "actually" do and for how long it will take to do it is now being split a few different ways more than anticipated. I'd assume Coco would be fair in how she splits it but thats honestly up to how Silver plays it.

Other than that if you wanted more information about the payment, you just have to keep in mind the mission isn't a normal "steal something for profit" one hence why she's giving you guys the support you'd need, like loaning out her ship and putting in place a mole, to actually do it. This is actually a rescue mission, and Beryl's putting up her own money to hire a second crew to handle the more complicated stuff like cracking the ships security and scrapping what she can of the ship afterward to hide any evidence of what happened along with making back some profit. In reality big space ships like that cost a lot of money but you cant just "sell" a prison transport and expect no one to find out, hence the chop shop and the specifics of your pay.

But that's fine, since Beryl's super power is basically having contacts. :p The good news is other than the pay everyone who's on the mission will get their own free podship from the scrap job along with discounts from Harle, assuming everything goes smoothly at least.
InHeavenTheCooksAreFrench,PoliceAreBritish,EngineersAreGerman,BankersAreSwissAndLoversAreItalian
InHellTheCooksAreBritish,PoliceAreGerman,EngineersAreFrench,BankersAreItalianAndLoversAreSwiss

I'm an Architect

Yaboymiller
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Yaboymiller » Tue May 08, 2018 2:47 am

Britt's eyes sparkled excitedly at the sight of a real life dog. It was his first time ever seeing one in real life and seeing it's happy fluffy face made him more exited. He kneeled down as he began to touch the dog, rubbing and scratching it's fluffy fur. "Who's a good boy? You are. Yes you are." He said in a voice he would say to a baby. "Awww what happened to your legs. I'm sure it was a bad incident. But your a strong survivor. Aren't you warrior dog." He said as he smiled at the dog.

Martin the faithful
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Martin the faithful » Thu May 10, 2018 11:58 am

Morgan Lee

Morgan looks at the group and smiles. She says, "So, are we going to go steal a ship?" she asks.

just_alex
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by just_alex » Sat May 12, 2018 4:52 pm

As Thea listened to Beryl, her brows furrowed slightly. Guess she would have to ask Coco herself about the price. She nodded her head slightly, indicating that she understood.

Thea followed Coco into her ship. The Midarei's Gift. It sounded cool. The blonde scanned the area as the group made their way inside the ship, Coco saying a few things to them about the place, but Thea was barely listening. It was the bark that got Thea's attention, causing the blonde to turn her head, her brows raised in surprise, as a dog made it's way down the hall towards the group.

She did not remember the last time she actually saw one, although there were very faint memories. Thea grinned lightly as Britt knelt down to pet the animal, although it faltered slightly as the guy's voice went up a couple of octaves higher.

The blonde turned back to Coco, "Alright, sounds like we have everything planned. Are we ready to take off, because I am," She grinned, although it was slightly impatient as she clapped her hands together, her blue eyes wandering around the ship once again. Morgan sounded like she was eager to begin as well.
And we missed everything

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Sun May 13, 2018 1:47 pm

Somewhere on the transport a nervous man with glasses received a notification on his coms. "Sir, you have a new message from your daughter. Should I play it now for you?"

The man sputtered surprisingly. "Uh, no. No I think I'll take it in my quarters, it's her birthday. Send it to my personal computer, if you don't mind, ok?"

"Alright, message transferred."

"Thanks, then I'll-"

"And sir?"

He coughed again. "Uh, yes?" His forehead was starting to sweat.

"Tell her happy birthday from me and the kids, how old is she again?"

The man paused, as if having forgotten temporarily. "Uh, oh, thirteen? I mean yes, thirteen."

"Time sure flies. Thirteen you say? Wow, you have my sympathies. Hah-hah!"

He laughed back awkwardly, before hurrying toward his room. But he wasn't going to his room... he was going to the power relay.

Meanwhile...
The large transport ahead and Beryl could be seen on one of the many monitors that composed the cockpits viewing area. "Okay, I sent my guy the signal. Once you dock my Unicorn can tap into their video feeds to give you an idea of what the inside is like and to see what they see. Don't take too long peeking though, I'm sure they'll find the sabotage sooner than later. You're coming up on the ship soon so no outside transmissions until after you're done. Oh... and remember. As soon as that ship goes off course it's going to raise some red flags, so be sure to disable the ships AI before turning it around." And with that her feed went dark.

It'd take careful maneuvering to dock to a moving target, though that was why Coco was chosen in the first place. The unicorn was extremely agile and responsive so it made a normally hard maneuver much easier. The group would feel a slight shift as the small vessel docked and a screen flashed on a monitor showing a red progress bar. After a few moments it finished and changed green causing several windows to appear on the display. Assumedly the camera feed Beryl mentioned earlier. Next the hatch behind them made a sound of an airlock before also becoming green. And with that the easy part was over!

Outside the airlock they'd see an L shaped hallway, light grey in color with yellow lines along the floor lit by light blue tinted lights spaced out intermittently in the walls. On some of the monitors guards could be seen though it would be hard to tell where things were in relation to each other without some kind of reference or someone watching the feeds to keep track of things. Coco turned to another console and starting bringing up the ships schematics to find a floor plan.
I know Silver is having some issues with her computer, and she's also in the process of a move. So instead of waiting for her to post flying you there I don't mind fast forwarding some at least. I figure she can catch up when she's gets back. Gotta get this train a-rollin finally. :p Like, anyone could technically do it but I will. I just wanted to give Alex a chance to post first is all.

If you have any questions just let me know somehow and Ill answer.

I'm an Architect

Martin the faithful
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Martin the faithful » Wed May 16, 2018 9:45 am

Morgan Lee

Morgan watches the monitor to see what the floor plan looks like. "So, where are the guards going to be? and do you think they know we are here yet?" she asks.

Silverstag
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Silverstag » Mon May 21, 2018 1:41 am

Coco let a breath out in relief as the schematics appeared on a console. Twisting in her chair, she went through the blueprints, looking for the routes they wanted and looked to see if there was anything new from her reference blue prints. The flight there was easy, and she was able to get through it gracefully, now it is the tough part.

“Hmm?” She asked quietly as Morgan came up and inspected the monitors. Chewing on her bubblegum thoughtfully, she tapped on the side of the schematics at one of the tools and then deftly moved over the console, touching it at particular points. On the screen these points now had little puppy faces as markers.

“Here are where I know for certain where guards will be.” Coco moved away from that console and looked at a few other consoles for security to check on their status. “I can peek into the video feeds once you guys are ready since it may give signal that someone is tapping in. They will have no outside communication right now but I’m sure they will find out about intruders through internal communication. I would say we would have 15 minutes maximum of surprise if we do it right.” She looked over at the crew. “ Let me know when you guys are ready and I’ll peek in to see if we got clearance from guards to sneak in!”
Off Topic
Hey guys! I'm still in process of moving across country (2/3 week process). I will try to hop on when I can. I wanted to send something even if small before I break down the computer for good for the trip. :)

Yaboymiller
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Yaboymiller » Tue May 22, 2018 3:56 pm

Britt walked up behind Morgan and Coco as he looked at the monitors inventively, looking at each puppy marker that Coco had put on them to represent the guards."We'll have to move quick and quietly, I don't want to have to fight anymore guards than I need to." Britt said to the others as he pulled down his fingerless gloves on his hands to make sure the fit tight on his hand.

He reached into his pants pocket and pulled out a few earpieces that were small enough to be concealed in one's ear. "These may be of use if we are gonna work together."

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Tue May 22, 2018 6:54 pm

One minute into the mission...

Surprisingly behind the group they'd notice a shadow pass, temporarily darkening the the light from the hallway coming through the small window in hatch door looking out. Then another shadow did the same. They could hear the muffled sounds of two men walk leisurely past and turn down the bend in the L shaped hallway. Had the guards taken more an interest in the airlock they might have noticed it was pressurized, but it had no reason to be and thus they had no reason to check it. What else is they hadn't shown up on any of the camera feeds, meaning the ship must not have had 100% visual coverage throwing another confusing curve ball for the team. Perhaps only the important areas were monitored? If they listened a little closer the voices seemed to move further away before they stopped, apparently having a casual conversation. Unless they wanted to engage the guards that left them with only two other options, to wait for them to leave or to head left down the other direction.
Also I was looking for maps online, but can't find anything I really like for this ship. Do you guys think we need an actual map or is it fine to just describe what you see as you go? If anyone knows where I can find some good resources however be sure to let me know. :D

I'm an Architect

Martin the faithful
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Martin the faithful » Wed May 23, 2018 2:32 pm

Morgan Lee

Morgan counts the voices, readies the pipe, and waits not wanting to expose the shuttle to the guards, she signals if they come back we jump them. She missed her trusty gun at times like these. She could double tap them before they hit the ground. Dart gun, tranq darts She would have to check into that when they were back in the bar.

Yaboymiller
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Yaboymiller » Mon May 28, 2018 2:27 pm

Britt understood the signal as he waited by the corner of the door. It seemed that it would be better to stay out of sight than to start a fight the couldn't finish. "I'm guessing ypur leading this mission." Britt asked Morgan as he listened for the guards.
you could try looking up blue prints