It's Writing Month!

Check out our One Stop Writing Shop!
Whether you're taking part in NaNo, or just looking to write more, there's something for everyone.

A New Moderator Appears!
Join us in congratulating our newest recruit!

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

[The Cavalry OOC]

The forum war was our first persona event

Moderator: The Game Master

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Rogue

Re: [The Cavalry OOC]

Post by Gideon » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:55 pm

JasonDemorias wrote:Awesome. And i finally just caught up on the reading of the IC. Mildly miffed that we got separated. I'll see what i can do about working something up on my phone within the next few days lox. If i can't find the time I'll let you know and pm you with what Jason's overviewed actions will be.
All is fair in love and war. :wink:
Thank you for the set Filth
Please don't forget to vote here and here every day!

JasonDemorias
Scout
Scout
Class: Warrior

Post by JasonDemorias » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:09 pm

Lolz I'm rolling with it, but that doesn't mean i have to l like it Lolz
"Does a deer understand that it is killing plants by eating them? Does a wolf understand that it is eating the very life from the deer's bones? I would think not. Why should I care what happens to humans who get too close? Killing is what it means to be Predator instead of the Prey." - Jason Avarencai Demorias

Loxias
Newcomer
Newcomer
Class: Mage

Post by Loxias » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:03 am

JasonDemorias wrote:lox. If i can't find the time I'll let you know and pm you with what Jason's overviewed actions will be.
Hey Jason - I know you've been out of touch with this for a bit but how do you want to play out the next bit?

JasonDemorias
Scout
Scout

Post by JasonDemorias » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:48 am

If you want go ahead and make a post and tag me and I'll respond, if you wanna post it here and joint it I think that might help me. I only have a vague idea of how I want to do this.
"Does a deer understand that it is killing plants by eating them? Does a wolf understand that it is eating the very life from the deer's bones? I would think not. Why should I care what happens to humans who get too close? Killing is what it means to be Predator instead of the Prey." - Jason Avarencai Demorias

Loxias
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Loxias » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:14 am

Yeh, I feel a bit uncertain about how to proceed as well - hence the long delay in posting. Hey-ho. Here's a start:

The dust and dirt continued to stream from the ceiling as Loxias pulled himself to his feet. A moment before he had been facing off against the hordes of demons before the ground gave way and seemed to drag him down. He glanced around, Jason was here too then, so it wasn't just him. He was in some kind of room but it was too dark to make out details. A glint on the floor caught his eye. Leaning over, Loxias picked up his arrow. It had now turned into a long thin spear. His bow was still strapped to his back with most of the arrows remaining. He didn't like this at all though, their enemy was in complete control.

As his eyes adjusted, Loxias could see a darkness even blacker than that of the surrounding room. The floor seemed to have given away or at least a large hole dominated the room. Not a good sign.

"Looks like we lost Wolf," Loxias said to Jason, "and it looks like us making the Keep is no longer an option. We can search about or head down," He gestured to the hole, "So, what do you think?"

JasonDemorias
Scout
Scout

Post by JasonDemorias » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:38 am

Falling though the ground was not something Jason wanted. The hands all over him during his descent even less so. It wasn't that he had personal space issues. It was that he hated magi, which the effect quite obviously was. For trillions of years, he had relied on his own power. Magic was barrowed power. All of Jason's abilities functioned off of his spiritual energy. None of his power was from another source. Even his weapons were forced from his very soul. The use of magic, in Jason's mind, was a false strength unless every single spell in a person's arsenal was created by the user through their own understand of the science behind it.

When he was finally dropped into the underground room, Jason got to his feet calmly and without a word, letting his swords return to his soul as he did so. Loxias was still present, but Wolf was him. Jason scowled and turned to the rest of the room that he could see as Loxias spoke to him. "Indeed." Was his only responds before moving as far away form the hole as comfort would allow. "I'll check what's down there. After we see that. We can decide where to go."

With that, Jason does his jacket and sometimes toward the hole as he called upon his demonic physiology. The grizzly sound of crunching bone and sinew could be heard throughout the chamber as his wings began to grow from his back. He knew from experience, all those years before, that he could not truly fly with his wings without the aid of his spiritual energy. He could at best slow his decent. The human movie Toy Story had called it "falling with style."

As his wings filled in their feathers, he reached the edge and leapt into the air with a powerful beat of his wings. He looked down at the hole as he soared over it, examining its contents as best he could while staying aloft. Planting his feet and one hand on the wall, he slowly slid down it to the ledge.
Gideon wrote:
(if you could tell us we see here that would be great, as our characters can discuss what to do/react to what's down there without making another post)

His task accomplished, he focused on his humanite form, and his wings began to exceed into his body with the same grotesque noises that they had upon their manifestation. He walked along the ledge and made his way back to his jacket. (I may or may not change this paragraph when gidz tells us what's down there though I will likely as some dialog to it.)

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Gideon » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:28 pm

You'll find an empty cavern with an underground river. The cavern is empty. You'll see one tunnel leaving the cavern, a large one. The cavern is empty, though there are bones of animals littered across the floor, some sparsely spread, some in piles. In some places the bones are knee deep.

Loxias
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Loxias » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:10 am

Cool, cheers Gid.

Well it looks like the options are down, up, through the door towards Shea and the lava room; room 7' or room 2 or over the pit and into room 3...

Not sure what I prefer really, Loxias would want to meet up with the others or at least gain a slightly bigger group again but I'm not sure whether he'd be aware of others being present over the coms or not. Down doesn't seem like a particularly great idea but then again not many ideas are looking all that appealing.

I'd probably vote to search around the area and see if we can find/hear the others? Since the big hole is in front of us (from the looks of things) we'd be best place to go back through the door towards room 7?

Let me know what you think.

JasonDemorias
Scout
Scout

Post by JasonDemorias » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:43 am

Jason wants to go down Lolz

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Gideon » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:22 am

lmfao...

Either way, you'll eventually encounter a General.

JasonDemorias
Scout
Scout

Post by JasonDemorias » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:33 am

Jason wants to go down because bones equals something big and something means either Levi or a general and Jason's going to go after the biggest threat.

Loxias
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Loxias » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:27 pm

Down it is then! I'll try and add some more to my post later.

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Gideon » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:37 am

Yay! Can't wait for you to meet it :)

Loxias
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Loxias » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:52 am

Hey Jason, sorry long time no post - here's my latest offering. All we need is a bit from you heading down and I think we're there.

Gideon wrote:Yay! Can't wait for you to meet it :)

Gideon, can you just look over and make sure that this is okay? I haven't mentioned anything about being able to generate light in my CS but Loxias is derived from the God Apollo and is representative of his oracular abilities. However, I figure he can draw upon the idea that Apollo is God of Light/the Sun as well. If that's okay?

The dust and dirt continued to stream from the ceiling as Loxias pulled himself to his feet. A moment before he had been facing off against the hordes of demons before the ground gave way and seemed to drag him down. He glanced around, Jason was here too then, so it wasn't just him. He was in some kind of room but it was too dark to make out details. A glint on the floor caught his eye. Leaning over, Loxias picked up his arrow. It had now turned into a long thin spear. His bow was still strapped to his back with most of the arrows remaining. He didn't like this at all though, their enemy was in complete control.

As his eyes adjusted, Loxias could see a darkness even blacker than that of the surrounding room. The floor seemed to have given away or at least a large hole dominated the room. Not a good sign.

"Looks like we lost Wolf," Loxias said to Jason, "and it looks like us making the Keep is no longer an option. We can search about or head down," He gestured to the hole, "So, what do you think?"
JasonDemorias wrote:Falling though the ground was not something Jason wanted. The hands all over him during his descent even less so. It wasn't that he had personal space issues. It was that he hated magi, which the effect quite obviously was. For trillions of years, he had relied on his own power. Magic was barrowed power. All of Jason's abilities functioned off of his spiritual energy. None of his power was from another source. Even his weapons were forced from his very soul. The use of magic, in Jason's mind, was a false strength unless every single spell in a person's arsenal was created by the user through their own understand of the science behind it.

When he was finally dropped into the underground room, Jason got to his feet calmly and without a word, letting his swords return to his soul as he did so. Loxias was still present, but Wolf was him. Jason scowled and turned to the rest of the room that he could see as Loxias spoke to him. "Indeed." Was his only response before moving as far away form the hole as comfort would allow. "I'll check what's down there. After we see that. We can decide where to go."

With that, Jason does his jacket and sometimes toward the hole as he called upon his demonic physiology. The grizzly sound of crunching bone and sinew could be heard throughout the chamber as his wings began to grow from his back. He knew from experience, all those years before, that he could not truly fly with his wings without the aid of his spiritual energy. He could at best slow his decent. The human movie Toy Story had called it "falling with style."

As his wings filled in their feathers, he reached the edge and leapt into the air with a powerful beat of his wings. He looked down at the hole as he soared over it, examining its contents as best he could while staying aloft. Planting his feet and one hand on the wall, he slowly slid down it to the ledge.

Below was an empty cavern with an underground river. The cavern was empty. One tunnel could be seen leaving the cavern, a large one. Bones of animals were littered across the floor, some sparsely spread, some in piles. In some places the bones appeared to be knee deep.

His task accomplished, he focused on his humanite form, and his wings began to recede into his body with the same grotesque noises that they had upon their manifestation. He walked along the ledge and made his way back to his jacket.
Meanwhile, Loxias had edged over and was peering down into the cavern below. "Whatever made this hole was big, it must have been one of the Generals." He scanned back in his mind through time and saw the snake demon dragging Gideon underground, "Vritra," he said, "he's likely to still have Gideon and once we get her we can focus on finding the Leviathan."

As Loxias glared down into the cavern, his glowering golden eyes began to blaze, light burst into the room below for a second and small creatures living amongst the bones scattered, slithered and twisted their ways into whatever dark recesses they lived in. The light from his eyes dimmed but he could see into the darkness clearly now.

With a short nod to Jason he took a few steps back before launching himself into the emptiness. He slammed into the opposite side of the hole and jammed his spear into the side, sliding down a few more metres until the cavern opened up beneath him. He ground the spear into the side and clung to the last jutting out rocks, hanging over the river. Finally, he dropped into the icy water. The cold clawed at him but he ignored this and swam for the shore of bones. Pulling himself out, he looked around him into the gloom. Everything around him was utterly black, the dim light from the hole in the roof seemed pathetic against the shadows. Loxias focussed once more and light began to emanate from him, not blindingly bright but enough to illuminate the darkness. He felt a presence move away, almost as though something had been trying to draw at the very core of his power. Staring into the tunnel he saw movement in its depths, dark shapes twisted and curled just beyond the limits of his sight. His light wavered for a second but eventually held. Whatever was working to reduce their powers was far from absolute.

The rustle and rattle of dead and dying things echoed through the cave as Loxias waded through the bones towards the tunnel, grimly using his spear to oar his way through.

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Gideon » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:10 am

Looks great guys.

JasonDemorias
Scout
Scout

Post by JasonDemorias » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:19 pm

Hey gidz... quick question, would I have to do into the river as well, or could I avoid that and land on the floor among the bones?

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Gideon » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:43 pm

River is about 30 ft wide. Your call.

JasonDemorias
Scout
Scout

Post by JasonDemorias » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:07 pm

See, the problem with that is the map. what's t the scale our is it just an approximation of room shape? You did say I see bones on the floor from above, but not how much of the river I can see our the floor. Or am I seeing water so still and clear that these bones I see are actually under water and it just looks like the floor is above the surface? That's why I didn't go down yet. Lots of questions.

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Gideon » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:14 pm

If you want sureties, I will have to draw you a diagram, but I don't have the energy or wherewithall to do that atm. I spent the better part of yesterday and last night in hospital. Can you wait til tomorrow?

JasonDemorias
Scout
Scout

Post by JasonDemorias » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:24 pm

Sure