Let the GAMES begin!

Olympic Contest Results - Going live over the course of the week!

IC RPC Olympics - The Sprint! - Results are now up!

Event Info and Schedule
The Sign Up Thread
Medal Tables and Leaderboard

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

[Team M*A*S*H* OOC]

The forum war was our first persona event

Moderator: The Game Master

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Rogue

Re: [Team M*A*S*H* OOC]

Post by Gideon » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:49 am

Ear pieces will be dodgy underground. Think cell phone in an elevator or car park.
Thank you for the set Filth
Please don't forget to vote here and here every day!

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Adventurer

Post by ThreadWeaver » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:26 am

Alright. I'm going to work up an intro for the next post - basically just Thread summing up the situation, responding to Sammy, and setting up what we might be able to hear from Shea's transmission. Then someone else can pop in after that, etc. I'll edit it into this post when I'm done with it. If anyone would like to do differently than that, please say so.

Here's the intro part of the post. Dashes indicate spaces where the transmission is indistinguishable, while still giving an idea of how much time passes so it feels more realistic.

The Thread Weaver drew a hand down his face, garnering a moment to think of the situation. Underground. Trapped. Dove and the talking fox were traumatized, albeit to asymmetrical extents. Filth was very wounded. Zera was capable, but neither of them seemed to have the means to open the door without a great deal of duress.

Thread turned to the door. It was iron, and he knew that he at least lacked the might to force it. He could feasibly tug himself to the other side of the door, but he did not yet know how his power had been affected or what lay on the other side of he door. He was not keen to find out about either.

Yet he looked back at the room and his companions, a grim sense of reality shadowing his features. Unsavory though it might be, it appeared that a tug was the only way out in the current state of ...

(Shewolf quote: “Who's back there? It's Wolf! Are you ok back there?”)

...and then he heard a voice from the other side of the door, preceded by a knock upon the door. Thread rushed back to the door, and gave it a responsive rap with the pommel of a dagger.

Wolf?” He called out, raising his voice to make sure it pierced the iron. He racked his brain to attach the name to a face, and found her. “This is the Thread Weaver! I'm locked in here with Filth, Zera, Dove, and some bizarre fox thing. Do you see a bolt or bar on your side of the door?

(Shea quote: “Can an--ne hear --? - s-- Gideon, but --- ----------- with some... ----thing. I -on’t ---- where -e are... - don’t ---- -- ---- -s getting through... I don’t ---- --... I- an-one even alive?”)

Thread paused, looking to the others in the room. The transmission had been faint, and barely distinguishable.

Could any of you make that out?

Zerasan
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Vampire

Post by Zerasan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:38 am

Just after Zera had pulled Filth back to his feet she heard something that sounded like angry screaming or snarls from the other side of the door. She turned her attention toward the locked door but Thread Weaver was already there. She joined Thread Weaver at the door and listened, hearing someone ask, 'Who's back there? It's wolf! Are you ok back there?' Thread responded first and Zera remained silent, trailing a hand up along the door, feeling the iron beneath her smooth hands. She was feeling for anything that would give way or fall under pressure or maybe even a weak spot that she would be able to punch through but the door was solid and there was nothing that she could to open the door. If she had still been able to mist, she could have phased through the door and tried to help find a way out for everyone else but that ability was hampered. Her hand slid away from the door as Thread asked if anyone could make out any of the communications that had come through.

"Can anyone hear me, and is anyone alive." Zera commented quietly to answer Thread's question before she pressed the ear com to communicate herself, "This is Team M.A.S.H all accounted for. I repeat Team M.A.S.H all accounted for." She let go of the communicator and focused on the door, rapping her knuckles harshly on the iron door in hopes of maintaining the attention of whomever was on the other side, Wolf she believed they had identified themselves as, "Not to rush you, but I have a bad feeling that time is of the essences to get this door open." After Zera had said as much she turned away from the door and looked over to Dove and Fatalix, her voice calm yet commanding, "Unfortunately we don't have the time for a mental break down. We are already trapped and vulnerable so we have to pull ourselves together. Filth is in pretty poor condition and could use some medical attention, can either of you see to him?" She didn't like having to tell those she was working with to pull themselves together, or that they didn't have the time to lick mental wounds but it was the truth and it wasn't the first time that she had been to war and she knew all to well what happened if you left yourself wide open.

"Now, lets see about this crystal." Zera murmured to herself before she silently strolled over to the middle of the room to observe the light blue glow. Her dark green eyes glowed softly in the pale blue light. She circled the crystal very slowly, her sharp eyes slowly shifting over what was before her, looking for anything that seemed odd or out of place; more so than usual for where they already were. There didn't seem to be anything that she could pick up by just looking at the crystal so slowly, very slowly Zera extended a hand out to brush her fingers against the crystal but withdrew it before she could make contact. She turned her attention back to Dove and Fatalix, "What's the damage concerning Filth?"
Last edited by Zerasan on Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
, /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 ..じしf_, )ノ
'Silence and isolation will not heal wounds of the heart and soul, but to some it does offer peace of mind.'

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Gideon » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:45 am

Just letting you guys know that there will be a reaction when you touch the crystal.

Zerasan
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Zerasan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:12 am

Alright, I'm going to edit mine a little then till Filth gets a little healing attention.
, /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 ..じしf_, )ノ
'Silence and isolation will not heal wounds of the heart and soul, but to some it does offer peace of mind.'

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Gideon » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:21 am

I've spoken to Shew... You guys will be able to get out of the room, but please leave the crystal behind for now.

Zerasan
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Zerasan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:22 am

It has been left alone. Not touched, just looked upon. ^.^
, /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 ..じしf_, )ノ

Filth
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Filth » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:26 am

So I threw together a post real quick. If we're still going with the collaborative angel feel free to pick it apart and place it where ever. I included the quotes just as a reference of his actions in in the chain of current events. If we decide to do separate posts then I'll edit it as needed and post in whatever order makes the most sense. I should be around a bit tonight but will likely be sleeping first chance I get.
Filth felt the ground rumble but still managed to associate the demons retreat with his own levels of being awesome. Even as the ground gave way beneath him, his only thought was, "damn right", as though it could be anything less than the ground itself for some reason recognizing his awesome. A moment later when he was dropped into the dungeon landing on his own smug expression, he simply rolled onto his back and muttered, "I meant to do that" to the then empty chamber. A second later a pair of tits landed on his face as if if to prove his point. He resisted the urge to make a motor boat noise
Zerasan wrote:You don't get my pants."
"Fine," Filth said as he pushed himself to a sitting position, "but you have to admit..." Whatever sarcasm he was about to admit was replaced by another purge of the strange black liquid from his body in no small amount. The chamber floor beside his legs was covered in it. Roughly a gallon and a half, he thought wiping his mouth with the back of his arm. The amount was increasing and his best guess was that his body was breaking down from the sum to the parts. This was a touch worrisome as he was much more awesome as the sum.

He let Zera pull him back to his feet and decided it best not to think too much about something there was nothing to be done about. That and he could not muster the will to care while the Leviathan still had Gideon and posed a threat of any kind.
Threadweaver wrote: Could any of you make that out?
Filth pulled the earpiece out of his pocket. The small device, cracked into thirds, gave a crackling hiss and Filth simply tossed it aside. He watched Zera approach the crystal, "Hey, maybe the guy with the magic fingers and less destructible body should the one to poke weird glowing things."
Hopefully, the post fits well with whats going on. Let me know if I should adjust or change anything.

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Gideon » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:39 am

Zerasan wrote:It has been left alone. Not touched, just looked upon. ^.^
Now that you've edited your post, yes.

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller

Post by ThreadWeaver » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:49 am

Alright then. I think we're waiting on Dove and Fatalix at this point? Unless they'd prefer to sit it out for character reasons?

DovesLove
Scout
Scout
Class: Mage

Post by DovesLove » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:12 am

Working on collab piece now, and my character'll start to remember what happened cus someone was nice enough to say something of who we're rescuing
Gideon, Gideon, we're rescuing Gideon, right. This is my team, I'm the support person, yes, that's what's going on. Dove thought, remembering what's going on. She glanced around and noticed Filth standing there, dripping, something, everywhere. Fatalix was poofy again, Thread seemed to be thinking and Zerasan was getting everyone in gear. Standing up she shook herself out, went to start walking, but stopped to look at what she held in her foreclaw. "Oh, I still have this." She muttered then grabbed it with her teeth and walked over to Filth to check him out whiling do a once over of her own body. It seemed one of her wings had a pulled muscle and one of her head spikes had been chipped. When she reached Filth she inspected him quickly, taking note of the large gash in his being. She dropped her bag and started collecting the stuff that was dripping out by pulling it into a swirling liquidy ball, at least the stuff that hadn't been absorbed by the ground, she couldn't get those atoms to move and obey her.

"He'll be alright if I can get him patched together, but I don't know how well the job'll go considering how much he's lost." She said, answering Zera's question. Looking at the gash, then growled, realizing she'd have to clean it the old fashion way. "Alright Filth this is probably gunna hurt." She then got to work scraping the edges of the Erebos Armor with her claw to get rid of the foreign atoms. Completing that she stuffed the ball of Erebos goo into the gash and started working it back into the Armor.
If I need to cover more, let me know ^^
Kind of back, hope to see you all around again!

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller

Post by ThreadWeaver » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:30 am

Filth wrote:
DovesLove wrote:
FatalixTheFox wrote:
Okay, it's been a few days and I haven't seen anything from Fatalix (his profile says he hasn't been online since the Sunday before last). I'm going to go ahead and piece together the posts we have right now and edit them into this post, mostly because I'm impatient and bored. Then I'll wait for Shew to write out a response to that. If anyone wants to change anything in between now and then, or if Fatalix comes online and posts, I'll edit it in as well. Please let me know if anyone would like to do differently than what I've proposed.

Collab Post:
Filth felt the ground rumble but still managed to associate the demons' retreat with his own levels of being awesome. Even as the ground gave way beneath him, his only thought was “damn right", as though it could be anything less than the ground itself for some reason recognizing his awesome. A moment later when he was dropped into the dungeon landing on his own smug expression, he simply rolled onto his back and muttered, "I meant to do that" to the then-empty chamber. A second later a pair of tits landed on his face as if to prove his point. He resisted the urge to make a motorboat noise
Zerasan wrote:You don't get my pants."
"Fine" Filth said as he pushed himself to a sitting position, "but you have to admit..." Whatever sarcasm he was about to admit was replaced by another purge of the strange black liquid from his body in no small amount. The chamber floor beside his legs was covered in it. Roughly a gallon and a half, he thought wiping his mouth with the back of his arm. The amount was increasing and his best guess was that his body was breaking down from the sum to the parts. This was a touch worrisome as he was much more awesome as the sum.

He let Zera pull him back to his feet and decided it best not to think too much about something there was nothing to be done about. That and he could not muster the will to care while the Leviathan still had Gideon and posed a threat of any kind.

The Thread Weaver drew a hand down his face, garnering a moment to think of the situation. Underground. Trapped. Dove and the talking fox were traumatized, albeit to asymmetrical extents. Filth was very wounded. Zera was capable, but neither of them seemed to have the means to open the door without a great deal of duress.

Thread turned to the door. It was iron, and he knew that he at least lacked the might to force it. He could feasibly tug himself to the other side of the door, but he did not yet know how his power had been affected or what lay on the other side of he door. He was not keen to find out about either.

Yet he looked back at the room and his companions, a grim sense of reality shadowing his features. Unsavory though it might be, it appeared that a tug was the only way out in the current state of ...
Shewolf13 wrote:Who's back there? It's Wolf! Are you ok back there?
...and then he heard a voice from the other side, preceded by a knock upon the door. Thread rushed back to it, and gave it a responsive rap with the pommel of a dagger.

Just after Zera had pulled Filth back to his feet she heard something that sounded like angry screaming or snarls from the other side of the door. She turned her attention toward the locked door but Thread was already there. She joined him at the door and listened, hearing someone on the other side.

Wolf?” Thread called out, raising his voice to make sure it pierced the iron. He racked his brain to attach the name to a face, and found her. “This is the Thread Weaver! I'm locked in here with Filth, Zera, Dove, and some bizarre fox thing. Do you see a bolt or bar on your side of the door?

Zera remained silent, trailing a hand up along the door, feeling the iron beneath her smooth hands. She was feeling for anything that would give way or fall under pressure or maybe even a weak spot that she would be able to punch through but the door was solid and there was nothing that she could do to open the door. If she had still been able to mist, she could have phased through the door and tried to help find a way out for everyone else but that ability was hampered.

At that moment Thread heard the wireless communicator he’d plugged into his ear whir to life. He’d honestly forgotten it was there.

(Shea quote: “Can an--ne hear --? - s-- Gideon, but --- ----------- with some... ----thing. I -on’t ---- where -e are... - don’t ---- -- ---- -s getting through... I don’t ---- --... I- an-one even alive?”)

Thread paused, looking to the others in the room. The transmission had been faint, and barely distinguishable.

Could any of you make that out?

Filth pulled the earpiece out of his pocket. The small device, cracked into thirds, gave a crackling hiss and Filth simply tossed it aside.

Zera’s hand slid away from the door.

"Can anyone hear me, and is anyone alive." Zera said quietly in answer to Thread's question before she pressed the ear com to communicate herself, "This is Team M.A.S.H, all accounted for. I repeat: Team M.A.S.H, all accounted for." She let go of the communicator and focused on the door, rapping her knuckles harshly on the iron door in hopes of maintaining the attention of whomever was on the other side – Wolf, she believed they had identified themselves as,

"Not to rush you, but I have a bad feeling that time is of the essences to get this door open." After Zera had said as much she turned away from the door and looked over to Dove and Fatalix, her voice calm yet commanding.

"Unfortunately we don't have the time for a mental break down. We are already trapped and vulnerable so we have to pull ourselves together. Filth is in pretty poor condition and could use some medical attention, can either of you see to him?" She didn't like having to tell those she was working with to pull themselves together, or that they didn't have the time to lick mental wounds but it was the truth and it wasn't the first time that she had been to war and she knew all to well what happened if you left yourself wide open.

Zera’s words did not fall on deaf ears, as Dove stirred.

Gideon, Gideon, we're rescuing Gideon, right. This is my team, I'm the support person, yes, that's what's going on. Dove thought, remembering what was going on. She glanced around and noticed Filth standing there, dripping, something, everywhere. Fatalix was poofy again, Thread seemed to be thinking and Zerasan was getting everyone in gear.

Standing up Dove shook herself out, went to start walking, but stopped to look at what she held in her foreclaw. "Oh, I still have this." She muttered then grabbed it with her teeth and walked over to Filth to check him out while doing a once over of her own body. It seemed one of her wings had a pulled muscle and one of her head spikes had been chipped. When she reached Filth she inspected him quickly, taking note of the large gash in his being. She dropped her bag and started collecting the stuff that was dripping out of him by pulling it into a swirling liquid-y ball, at least the stuff that hadn't been absorbed by the ground, she couldn't get those atoms to move and obey her.

"Now, lets see about this crystal." Zera murmured to herself before she silently strolled over to the middle of the room to observe the light blue glow. Her dark green eyes glowed softly in the pale blue light. She circled the crystal very slowly, her sharp eyes slowly shifting over what was before her, looking for anything that seemed odd or out of place; more so than usual for where they already were. There didn't seem to be anything that she could pick up by just looking at the crystal and so slowly, very slowly, Zera extended a hand out to brush her fingers against the crystal but withdrew it before she could make contact.

Filth watched Zera approach the crystal, "Hey, maybe the guy with the magic fingers and less destructible body should the one to poke weird glowing things."

Zera turned her attention back to Dove and Fatalix, "What's the damage concerning Filth?"

"He'll be alright if I can get him patched together, but I don't know how well the job'll go considering how much he's lost." Dove answered. She looked at the gash and then growled, realizing she'd have to clean it the old fashioned way. "Alright Filth this is probably gonna hurt." She then got to work scraping the edges of the Erebos Armor with her claw to get rid of the foreign atoms. Completing that, she stuffed the ball of Erebos goo into the gash and started working it back into the armor.

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller

Post by ThreadWeaver » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:23 am

Double-posting so people know I edited the collab post into my last post, just in case I made a mistake with quotes.

I'd like everyone to read through the post carefully. I took minor liberties with paragraph structure and grammar edits when it came to making sure everything flowed together. I tried to keep the content of the posts as close to how people wrote them as I could, but some edits needed to be made for clarity and flow. Everyone please look through when you have a chance, and let me know if you have any comments or questions etc.

DovesLove
Scout
Scout

Post by DovesLove » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:14 am

Ill talk with Fata at lunch, see if he wants to throw in a piece or if he'll go seperate

Zerasan
Traveller
Traveller

Post by Zerasan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:45 am

You did a really nice job putting that together Thread. ^^
, /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 ..じしf_, )ノ

Filth
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Filth » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:04 am

I like it. Especially since it makes me feel like I accomplished something around here within the last week.

Shewolf13
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Paladin

Post by Shewolf13 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:34 am

I'll try to get all caught up with things after I get off work guys. Didn't have the time during my trip like I was hoping.
Thanks so much for the set, Sammy!
Hey guys! Check out the Roleplay Academy! where you can learn from an experienced RPer, help out those who need it, or just have some fun discussions related to RP ^^

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller

Post by ThreadWeaver » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:34 am

Glad to hear the collab was up to par, everyone.

Dove, did you hear anything back from Fatalix yet?

Take your time getting settled, Shew. I look forward to your post.

DovesLove
Scout
Scout

Post by DovesLove » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:30 am

Ya, he wants to heal Filth, but is to busy to write it, plus my character would have to clean him(booo! I didn't grab a brush q.q) but ya, I'll get an edit up here shortly so he can use his "Paws of Healing" or what ever. (This is why collage is a pain.)

DovesLove
Scout
Scout

Post by DovesLove » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:36 pm

Alright, Here's Fata's contribution with a bit of edit to run more in line with what's going on.
Edit to last paragraph of current Collab. And the order I think might be best for Fatalix's part?

Fatalix watched the commotion, but mostly stared at Dove, because why not stare at a dragon who was on your side and wasn't some evil creature sent out to destroy the world. As he watched her get up he noticed that Filth was also injured, following Dove when she passed him to reach Filth. He kept pushing and shoving against her legs to get her attention. "Doves! Let me help! Just groom me after, 'kay? Please? I have these awesome healing paws you know!"
ThreadWeaver wrote:"He'll be alright if I can get him patched together, but I don't know how well the job'll go considering how much he's lost." Dove answered. She looked at the gash and then growled, realizing she'd have to clean it the old fashioned way. "Alright Filth this is probably gonna hurt."

Dove glimpsed down right before she started cleaning Filth's gash with her claws, then raised an eye ridge as she snorted. "Have you tried your powers yet Fata? Hm? Because if you haven't noticed, everyone has been limited significantly." Fatalix grouched in reply to her questioning. "Well, my fluffy tail still works just fine! But cleaning is a must, so my healing will work just fine, and someone to clean me afterwards if it's anything like what happened with my tail."

"Get me a brush then." Dove grumbled giving in, then resumed cleaning up Filth as much as possible while holding the Erebos goo in place. Fatalix hopped to where his pouch had been left, then bounced back before going through and finding the brush that had gotten thrown in there. "HERE!" He said, holding up the brush proudly. Dove chuckled at the fox, then dipped her head so he could jump on it and work on Filth. "Ew, gooy mess." Could be heard when Fatalix stuck his paws into the Erebos ball of goo that Dove was holding in Filth's wound.