Let the GAMES begin!

Olympic Contest Results - Going live over the course of the week!

IC RPC Olympics - The Sprint! - Results are now up!

Event Info and Schedule
The Sign Up Thread
Medal Tables and Leaderboard

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

[Forum War Chat OOC]

The forum war was our first persona event

Moderator: The Game Master

JasonDemorias
Scout
Scout
Class: Warrior

Re: [Forum War Chat OOC]

Post by JasonDemorias » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:43 am

The problem with getting filth to tell us anything is that we would know it, yes, but the IC versions of us wouldn't. It's best to leave that info out until filth mentions something IC, if he does. Then only those he tells will know.
"Does a deer understand that it is killing plants by eating them? Does a wolf understand that it is eating the very life from the deer's bones? I would think not. Why should I care what happens to humans who get too close? Killing is what it means to be Predator instead of the Prey." - Jason Avarencai Demorias

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller
Class: Adventurer

Post by ThreadWeaver » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:03 am

JasonDemorias wrote:The problem with getting filth to tell us anything is that we would know it, yes, but the IC versions of us wouldn't. It's best to leave that info out until filth mentions something IC, if he does. Then only those he tells will know.
I was actually thinking it would be good for us to share how our characters would react / what they would say so that we could get their reactions in order in one large post similar to what Gideon did with Filth in her recent post, mostly to just save on time and post count. Which was why I wanted to know if there was any OOC knowledge he could share with us so that we could give reactions that would be true to the characters but would also still progress the story in an enjoyable way, instead of one of our characters unintentionally serving as a roadblock for three pages. But I understand what you're saying, Jason.

JasonDemorias
Scout
Scout

Post by JasonDemorias » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:35 am

I see where you're going, but at the same time don't know who filth well tell, if anyone at all. Though i do agree that those he does tell having knowledge of the information before hand could help out with their responses.
"Does a deer understand that it is killing plants by eating them? Does a wolf understand that it is eating the very life from the deer's bones? I would think not. Why should I care what happens to humans who get too close? Killing is what it means to be Predator instead of the Prey." - Jason Avarencai Demorias

Loxias
Newcomer
Newcomer
Class: Mage

Post by Loxias » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:00 am

Shewolf13 wrote: It's you, me, and Loxias, Jason. Hm, the keep would be a good place to start, I think, though Wolf wants to get Gideon back, first and foremost. But she does plan on rending Leviathan and anyone else's head that gets in her way. She's normally very calm... mess with her family, though, and... well, bad things are going to happen.

So unless we get some other kinda clue after I make my response here in a bit, then the Keep it is for us. Sound good?
JasonDemorias wrote:...if Jason sees the opportunity to find the source of the dampening field and destroy it, he'll jump at it. That way, he'll be able to find Leviathan, and if Levi is dead by the time we reach and destroy it, he can even find Levi's soul and destroy it. Jason not only has friends/family in the underworld, but he also has the ability to go there at basically anytime
Ghostwriter wrote:Ghost has a pretty good plan for finding the source though. Whether we'll be able to do anything once we get there or whether theres multiple sources [a distinct possibility] remains yet to be seen. But we wont know till we get there right?
Loxias isn't a particularly rash character so he probably wouldn't want to rush off immediately without a fairly secure idea of where he's headed. That being said, he's quite happy to work alongside others if that's what they want to do. He won't be too interested in seeking out the anti-magic device until he's got a clearer idea of what they might be looking for. By that time he'd probably be too far invested in doing something else.

He's interested in discovering who or what the Leviathan is because that seems a mystery to him, the other Generals being at least known to him. If that involves destroying him then so be it.

I'm happy to join Shewolf in heading to the Keep but with the above in mind and the fact that Jason is likely to not be joining us... it may be worth reconsidering the groups and instead constructing them on the basis of who wants to do what and then allocating the 'don't mind' people such as myself wherever gaps need filling?

Isuzuru
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Paladin

Post by Isuzuru » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:06 am

Biggles wrote:
Tyr wrote:
Making another attempt to hail the members of my group. We gotta figure out where we're goin'.

JasonDemorias
Scout
Scout

Post by JasonDemorias » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:10 am

No offense to ghost, but I'm more than likely going to the keep with wolf and loxias. Main reason: Jason wants Leviathan's head.

Loxias
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Loxias » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:33 am

Cool, we could begin making preparations Jason?

Also, Just wanna say I'm loving the 'General's' banner.
I think they should open a night-club or something... Fantastic work Gid - loving all of the posts!

JasonDemorias
Scout
Scout

Post by JasonDemorias » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:37 am

Sure, but like i told wolf, I'm below deck right now, mourning my son. See, Jason's memory isn't quite intact, as he's died and come back many times. When a memory returns to him they can hit him pretty hard sometimes.

Loxias
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Loxias » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:43 am

Loxias is probably going to head below deck to fetch some weaponry from the armory soon so he may come across Jason.

JasonDemorias
Scout
Scout

Post by JasonDemorias » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:59 am

Okay. Just keep in mind Jason had made no attempt to wipe the tears from his face.

Ares [Darkblade]
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist
Class: Necromancer

Post by Ares [Darkblade] » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:17 am

Umm Chibi always has an answer, shame it's always the same answer regardless of the question and probably involves an attempt at eating all things in sight. One track mind helps keep him from being a Swiss Army Knife, though now I want to attach a bottle opener to the Darkblade >.>
Don't worry Shea, you'll be safe as long as you keep Chibi well fed. A hungry chibi is a misbehaving chibi, and nobody wants a misbehaving chibi.
That and I doubt it'll just be the two of us, not with everyone trying to save Gideon, or getting distracted by bright colors and the promise of cotton candy.

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Rogue

Post by Gideon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:44 am

JasonDemorias wrote:I see where you're going, but at the same time don't know who filth well tell, if anyone at all. Though i do agree that those he does tell having knowledge of the information before hand could help out with their responses.
Depending on how well you know Filth would depend on your reaction to something he tells you. Gideon, for example, when told this certain bit of news would just chuckle, roll her eyes and say "Typical". Someone else hearing the same news might be completely appalled.
Thank you for the set Filth
Please don't forget to vote here and here every day!

Ghorroj
Scout
Scout

Post by Ghorroj » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:42 am

Gideon wrote:Depending on how well you know Filth would depend on your reaction to something he tells you. Gideon, for example, when told this certain bit of news would just chuckle, roll her eyes and say "Typical". Someone else hearing the same news might be completely appalled.
I'm going to assume that it also depends on the character's own attitude. Given that I'm a Humanitarian and have a fairly easygoing attitude to things like mass murder, it's quite possible that I might react by saying anything between "...and?" or "I wish I'd thought of that!" or, occasionally, "What do you have against them?".

Not that I even know what Filth might have done, or what his news is. I'm merely saying that attitude plays a big part: it's possible that a person with a stricter set of moral guidelines might be appalled at something that I might enthusiastically endorse and even have a go at.
Image Forge made (mostly)

JasonDemorias
Scout
Scout

Post by JasonDemorias » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:52 am

Im with you 100% on that one ghorroj

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Gideon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:12 am

Ghorroj wrote:
Gideon wrote:Depending on how well you know Filth would depend on your reaction to something he tells you. Gideon, for example, when told this certain bit of news would just chuckle, roll her eyes and say "Typical". Someone else hearing the same news might be completely appalled.
I'm going to assume that it also depends on the character's own attitude. Given that I'm a Humanitarian and have a fairly easygoing attitude to things like mass murder, it's quite possible that I might react by saying anything between "...and?" or "I wish I'd thought of that!" or, occasionally, "What do you have against them?".

Not that I even know what Filth might have done, or what his news is. I'm merely saying that attitude plays a big part: it's possible that a person with a stricter set of moral guidelines might be appalled at something that I might enthusiastically endorse and even have a go at.
Exactly.

Filth
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Filth » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:17 am

ThreadWeaver wrote:
DovesLove wrote:
ThreadWeaver wrote:
Filth wrote:
...In terms of what we're actually going to do though, we should probably follow Filth since he does seem to have story bits in connection with Lamia. So Filth, if you have any OOC knowledge in that regard I think it would be best if you let us know what you could of it, so that we can figure out how to move the group in that direction in a way that makes sense to our characters and the story.
[Edit] Note: Pardon the redundancy and rambling of this. I have not slept in awhile.

Filth has a bit of history with Lev and Lamia. So he intends to see if he can use the Lamia against the leviathan but is going to be a bit tight lipped about the details regarding why Lamia would specifically hate Filth.

Having the brief reaction from the Lamia towards Filth was intended to be the IC way your personas might know that something is up and he intends to track her down. It's not much but we didn't wanna go overboard with it.

Outside of that any more IC knowledge will have to wait since Filth is going to be tied up with his part in the story for one more post.

ThreadWeaver
Traveller
Traveller

Post by ThreadWeaver » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:57 am

DovesLove wrote:
Filth wrote: [Edit] Note: Pardon the redundancy and rambling of this. I have not slept in awhile.

Filth has a bit of history with Lev and Lamia. So he intends to see if he can use the Lamia against the leviathan but is going to be a bit tight lipped about the details regarding why Lamia would specifically hate Filth.

Having the brief reaction from the Lamia towards Filth was intended to be the IC way your personas might know that something is up and he intends to track her down. It's not much but we didn't wanna go overboard with it.

Outside of that any more IC knowledge will have to wait since Filth is going to be tied up with his part in the story for one more post.
Understood. OOC though do you have any kind of information on where you need to go to meet up with Lamia? Like, is she in a place we should gradually funnel towards? Or is it more of a situation that she'll just show up wherever we decide to go? I only ask for the sake of facilitating the plot point, whenever we come to it.

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Gideon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:21 pm

War has begun!
Go nuts.

Though I will state that you will not make it across the battle ground in one post.

There's lots of places to explore.

Also, if you had a look at the map/drawing showing the entrances of the Keep, you will notice that the main entrance is locked shut and cannot be opened.

Good luck to you all.

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Gideon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:25 pm

ThreadWeaver wrote:
DovesLove wrote:
Filth wrote: [Edit] Note: Pardon the redundancy and rambling of this. I have not slept in awhile.

Understood. OOC though do you have any kind of information on where you need to go to meet up with Lamia? Like, is she in a place we should gradually funnel towards? Or is it more of a situation that she'll just show up wherever we decide to go? I only ask for the sake of facilitating the plot point, whenever we come to it.
Filth doesn't know where she is, though it's safe to assume that she's in the Circus since that's where she ran towards.

Ares [Darkblade]
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist
Class: Necromancer

Post by Ares [Darkblade] » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:19 pm

Well felt I had to post something before we start, so went with a pre war psych up.. with feet and yards to cover I foresee blisters in the future.