Let the GAMES begin!

Olympic Contest Results - Going live over the course of the week!

IC RPC Olympics - The Sprint! - Results are now up!

Event Info and Schedule
The Sign Up Thread
Medal Tables and Leaderboard

Come chat with us on the officially unofficial Collective Discord.
Remembering to vote here and here every day is the leading cause of community growth, so keep it up! We've also just joined a new Directory, where you can vote for us here

Base Camp/Aerial Support

The forum war was our first persona event

Moderator: The Game Master

Vanayr
Wanderer
Wanderer
Class: Pirate

Base Camp/Aerial Support

Post by Vanayr » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:12 pm

I will pretty this up better when I get to a real computer but I wanted to get this one set up.

If you need movement to or from the battlefield, coordinate here and an airship will promptly be dispatched to your location.

If you need artillery support to help facilitate ground maneuvers you've come to the right place. (keep in mind that artillery is only available so long as we are not currently engaged in tactical maneuvers against the enemy.

If you need arms, equipment or communication with unreachable members coordinate here.

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Necromancer

Re: Base Camp/Aerial Support

Post by Ghostwriter » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:33 pm

And me too! If you don't mind Van, and if Im in the basecamp at the time of course.
InHeavenTheCooksAreFrench,PoliceAreBritish,EngineersAreGerman,BankersAreSwissAndLoversAreItalian
InHellTheCooksAreBritish,PoliceAreGerman,EngineersAreFrench,BankersAreItalianAndLoversAreSwiss

I'm an Architect

Vanayr
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Vanayr » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:17 pm

We are basecamp

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Class: Rogue

Post by Gideon » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:41 am

Awesome idea Van :)
Thank you for the set Filth
Please don't forget to vote here and here every day!

DovesLove
Scout
Scout
Class: Mage

Post by DovesLove » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:14 am

Could I mention coordinating the need for a healer/moving healers about might belong in this section?
Kind of back, hope to see you all around again!

Vanayr
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Vanayr » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:31 am

Yupper Dove, I'll add it in once I pretty up and build the main post up.

Loxias
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Loxias » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:09 am

Ghostwriter wrote:And me too! If you don't mind Van, and if Im in the basecamp at the time of course.
Hey Ghost, I haven't posted IC as i'm on a phone and I didn't want to interfere with the negotiations but to give you a heads up, Loxias would prefer to have weapons delivered to the ship if possible. He may be able to pull off some time manipulating malarkey later if Gid allows it to mean the process is speedier.

That is of course unless Van has a plentiful supply of arrows on board...?

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Gideon » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:20 am

Loxias wrote:
Ghostwriter wrote:And me too! If you don't mind Van, and if Im in the basecamp at the time of course.
Hey Ghost, I haven't posted IC as i'm on a phone and I didn't want to interfere with the negotiations but to give you a heads up, Loxias would prefer to have weapons delivered to the ship if possible. He may be able to pull off some time manipulating malarkey later if Gid allows it to mean the process is speedier.

I would assume The Fallen has an armory. You won't be able to do any time manipulating. :wink:

Vanayr
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Vanayr » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:38 am

The Fallen has quite a large armory, all basic and some specific equipment can be acquired from it. Anything super special will have to be requisitioned else ware.

Filth
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Adventurer

Post by Filth » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:53 am

Filth just needs to get his teleportation back as soon as possible so that he can coordinate with base camp better. A support role from base camp (bringing the wounded back on board and what not) sounds a bit more interesting than being directly involved in the fray (for the most part).

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Gideon » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:59 am

Filth wrote:Filth just needs to get his teleportation back as soon as possible so that he can coordinate with base camp better. A support role from base camp (bringing the wounded back on board and what not) sounds a bit more interesting than being directly involved in the fray (for the most part).
Then you'll want to help find out what it is that is blocking the magical energies.

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:15 am

Loxias wrote:

Hah Id assume they have a bunch of normal arrows, and from the looks of posts it seems everyone agrees. If Ghost delivered arrows it'd be a bunch of special arrows since Ghost always overdoes these sort of things, and who knows maybe even arrows resistant to the magic draining effect now that they know there IS one. :p [hind sight being 20/20 and all]

And like Gid said, Ghost still plans to take a group of people to investigate the magic draining artifact though if anyone wants to go. If not I can gather up a bunch of NPCs to come and meet Ghost or something. But I would need at least the beginnings of a reply to my post and a description of what I notice since I had Ghost looking off in that direction before I begin and Gid wants to DM it...~ *looks at Gid*

If we break off in our own group though maybe I should start my own topic about "Ghosts search for the Anti-magic artifact" so we dont gum up the main RP. Or, maybe we could do that here in base camp...
InHeavenTheCooksAreFrench,PoliceAreBritish,EngineersAreGerman,BankersAreSwissAndLoversAreItalian
InHellTheCooksAreBritish,PoliceAreGerman,EngineersAreFrench,BankersAreItalianAndLoversAreSwiss

I'm an Architect

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Gideon » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:19 am

Ghostwriter wrote:And like Gid said, Ghost still plans to take a group of people to investigate the magic draining artifact though if anyone wants to go. If not I can gather up a bunch of NPCs to come and meet Ghost or something. But I would need at least the beginnings of a reply to my post and a description of what I notice since I had Ghost looking off in that direction before I begin and Gid wants to DM it...~ *looks at Gid*

If we break off in our own group though maybe I should start my own topic about "Ghosts search for the Anti-magic artifact" so we dont gum up the main RP. Or, maybe we could do that here in base camp...
Filth wrote:
Filth may want to accompany you on that. But you won't be able to go anywhere until the Leviathan has had his say and he and his generals have disappeared. I'm working on that now.

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:44 pm

Gideon wrote:Filth may want to accompany you on that. But you won't be able to go anywhere until the Leviathan has had his say and he and his generals have disappeared. I'm working on that now.
I guess Im not understanding why we wouldnt be able to. How would they stop us if theyre all at a meeting? Unless walking around counts as "being sneaky" :p But sure the more the merrier! Since I saw it pop up before about amount of people posting and such Id like to have it where everyone posts once or twice a day, cuz thats what my plans are to do. If its a small group like 2 or 3 people and people wanna post more thats certainly possible too.

I'm an Architect

Filth
Journeyman
Journeyman
Class: Adventurer

Post by Filth » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:25 pm

To be honest, I'm not a hundred percent sure where Filth will end up as his bit part in the plot unfurls. But a small group posting only occasionally like that sounds right about my speed.

Loxias
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Loxias » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:07 pm

Yeah, in hindsight asking for arrows seems a bit dumb... I assumed the ship would just stock rifles and pistols etc.

However, I think Loxias just began to request 'ammunition' if I remember rightly? If Gid's okay with it I could broaden that to the anti magic stuff Ghost mentioned or, if that's not okay, maybe arrows with explosive tips etc.?

I'm assuming we may even have access to future technology? In which case the 'ammunition' could be even more advanced such as micro singularity warheads or nanite warheads programmed to take over their targets?

Just ideas.

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Gideon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:23 am

Loxias wrote:Yeah, in hindsight asking for arrows seems a bit dumb... I assumed the ship would just stock rifles and pistols etc.

However, I think Loxias just began to request 'ammunition' if I remember rightly? If Gid's okay with it I could broaden that to the anti magic stuff Ghost mentioned or, if that's not okay, maybe arrows with explosive tips etc.?

I'm assuming we may even have access to future technology? In which case the 'ammunition' could be even more advanced such as micro singularity warheads or nanite warheads programmed to take over their targets?

Just ideas.
No future technology yet... But you may find some pretty funky weaponry in The Keep, if you get in ;)

Ghostwriter
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Ghostwriter » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:49 am

Gideon wrote:No future technology yet... But you may find some pretty funky weaponry in The Keep, if you get in ;)
Now that its brought up actually, I had questioned what the tech level is of our RP. When I brought it up before I think there was just a consensus that we had modern tech since it was originally in the modern RP forum. You want to comment or expand on that any Gid?

I'm an Architect

Blackfox
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Blackfox » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:57 am

I hadn't posted anything recently in the IC (to keep from cluttering things as we pushed forward), but Kalar would like to requisition a compound Shortbow and 40 hunting arrows.

If, when I make my next post, is it safe to assume the Fallen would have such on board, and would it be ok to have had a crew member retrieve it from the armory for me while the meeting was ongoing?

Figured it'd be easier to check on that here than clutter up somewhere else.

Gideon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Post by Gideon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:01 pm

Ghostwriter wrote:
Gideon wrote:No future technology yet... But you may find some pretty funky weaponry in The Keep, if you get in ;)
Now that its brought up actually, I had questioned what the tech level is of our RP. When I brought it up before I think there was just a consensus that we had modern tech since it was originally in the modern RP forum. You want to comment or expand on that any Gid?
Yeah, modern, but The Fallen would not have tanks or such on board. Don't pull a drone out lol.